Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2013, 11:48   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Congrats on your new car.

A little thing inside the engine bay needs your urgent attention. The rubber mouth of the air filter box, marked in red, is about to fall off. If you lose that thing the engine will not run as nicely as it should. Insert that over the air filter's plastic pipe. Right now its position there isn't allowing the engine to breath properly.

Attachment 1033917
Thanks a lot mate.. Will look into it immediately and fix it.. Thanks a lot and appreciate your observation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
About the FE, i guess too early to measure it. also i would say stick to Tankful method for more accurate numbers. Also curious to know what is your monthly usage ? So many people buy diesel cars even though their usage is not much(i hate people talking about resale even before they buy the car !!)

Also what is the On-road price for Vxi with ABS in Bangalore ? I was under impression that petrol variants will be available for less than a months wait !!
Thanks Rajesh..

FE: Yes, the tankful method is what I use, but am yet to reach the end of my 1st full tank, so let's see how much it gives me. As of now I have driven around 475 Kms and I have half of 1 quarter left in the tank (+ the liters below the E indicator), so let's see how much it can give me. My usage during regular days is not more than 75 Kms a week hence the choice of Petrol over Diesel. Yeah, people talk about resale value of Diesel being better but my opinion is that the price difference in Diesel vs. Petrol is about Rs. 1.7 Lakhs but I am sure that while selling my car I would not get that extra 1.7 fully. I will probably get around 30-50K max. so still its not viable according to me.

Price: On-road price with Insurance is Rs. 8.55Lakhs. Since I didn't buy insurance from the dealer it cost me Rs. 8.53L (Including some add-ons in the Insurance). Yes, Petrol variants are available much earlier but that would only be in case of petrol without ABS versions. Petrol with ABS has quite a wait. In fact I was told 4 months more for my original color choice (Granite Grey), so.. Guess its quite a long wait for the ABS part!

Last edited by benbsb29 : 4th January 2013 at 10:20. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts. Plz use the Edit button if posting within 30 mins of previous post.
Old 3rd January 2013, 12:50   #17
BHPian

Vikram, Suggest you to go for afterMarket floor mats from 3M. The existing ones dont complement the car anyway. They 3M ones come pretty cheap, i got them for my Brio for <500 (all inclusive) and are quite satisfactory in protecting the OEM mats. I too have dominating Beige effect in my Car and is ready to get dirty at the drop of a Hat.Better to take precaution now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramv4u View Post
Thanks Rajesh..

FE: Yes, the tankful method is what I use, but am yet to reach the end of my 1st full tank, so let's see how much it gives me. As of now I have driven around 475 Kms and I have half of 1 quarter left in the tank (+ the liters below the E indicator), so let's see how much it can give me. My usage during regular days is not more than 75 Kms a week hence the choice of Petrol over Diesel. Yeah, people talk about resale value of Diesel being better but my opinion is that the price difference in Diesel vs. Petrol is about Rs. 1.7 Lakhs but I am sure that while selling my car I would not get that extra 1.7 fully. I will probably get around 30-50K max. so still its not viable according to me.

Price: On-road price with Insurance is Rs. 8.55Lakhs. Since I didn't buy insurance from the dealer it cost me Rs. 8.53L (Including some add-ons in the Insurance). Yes, Petrol variants are available much earlier but that would only be in case of petrol without ABS versions. Petrol with ABS has quite a wait. In fact I was told 4 months more for my original color choice (Granite Grey), so.. Guess its quite a long wait for the ABS part!

AFAIK, the subsidies on diesel will be reduced soon and then it will make even more sense to buy a petrol, considering the break even. I agree with Rajesh on thinking about resale value, its time to enjoy the beauty of your latest acquisition and not about making plans and calculate financials on how much loss you will incur while selling etc . Keep revvin'.

-Shiv

Last edited by benbsb29 : 4th January 2013 at 10:18. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts. Plz use the Edit button if posting within 30 mins of previous post.
Shiv_1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2013, 13:07   #18
BHPian

Re: 2012 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga VXi ABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post
Vikram, Suggest you to go for afterMarket floor mats from 3M. The existing ones dont complement the car anyway. They 3M ones come pretty cheap, i got them for my Brio for <500 (all inclusive) and are quite satisfactory in protecting the OEM mats. I too have dominating Beige effect in my Car and is ready to get dirty at the drop of a Hat.Better to take precaution now.
Thanks Shiv! Where in Bangalore did you get this done?
Old 3rd January 2013, 13:42   #19
BHPian

Congrats Vikram. Very sensible choice indeed. Lovely color too, but I have actually yet to see one on road. But I'm sure it'll be better looking than in the pictures.

The seat leather matches the interiors well but maybe you need to relook at the steering stitching. Looks to loose to me.

Wish you a very happy ownership and do keep the thread updated. Drive Safe!!!
arup.misra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2013, 14:00   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
The seat leather matches the interiors well but maybe you need to relook at the steering stitching. Looks to loose to me.

Wish you a very happy ownership and do keep the thread updated. Drive Safe!!!
Thanks mate! Yes, I agree its a bit loose as that guy was in a hurry to run away.. Guess I will take it some day back to the same guy and get it fixed
Old 3rd January 2013, 15:10   #21
BHPian

Quote:
My usage during regular days is not more than 75 Kms a week hence the choice of Petrol over Diesel. Yeah, people talk about resale value of Diesel being better but my opinion is that the price difference in Diesel vs. Petrol is about Rs. 1.7 Lakhs but I am sure that while selling my car I would not get that extra 1.7 fully. I will probably get around 30-50K max. so still its not viable according to me.

Congratulation on the new car!

Other petrol Ertiga threads puts the FE at around 15 kmpl

On the petrol Vs diesel debate, I, with the help of a couple of friends, made some calculations. Some of the values/rates considered are purely "guesstimates"! If anyone is interested, do have a look at it and modify it with proper figures & your requirements; also post it back with the modifications, if possible
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx Ertiga -Zxi Vs Zdi.xlsx (47.8 KB, 903 views)
Abes is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2013, 19:06   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abes View Post
Congratulation on the new car!

Other petrol Ertiga threads puts the FE at around 15 kmpl

On the petrol Vs diesel debate, I, with the help of a couple of friends, made some calculations. Some of the values/rates considered are purely "guesstimates"! If anyone is interested, do have a look at it and modify it with proper figures & your requirements; also post it back with the modifications, if possible
Hi Buddy,

This is quite nice an excel sheet that you guys have prepared. Very comprehensive.. Maybe more comprehensive than my intelligence can digest.. But surely this is a

I did customize a few things based on what I understood and seems like my TCO is lower for a Petrol car compared to Diesel, so guess I made the right decision then

I have not quite made any changes to your method of calculation, so do not see the need to post it back. If anyone else has any other opinion then would be cool to hear.

Nonetheless, great job with this. Keep it up!

On a separate note, any Ertiga owners here who got any 'run-in' instructions from their dealer? My dealer just dismissed the run-in theory and said, go ahead and enjoy mate

I am a little circumspect of that. I still think that a little run-in should be needed and if not 1000 Kms then atleast 500-750 kms, so any suggestions people have got from their dealers?

I know I maybe a little late in asking as I have already clocked close to 750 Kms but still better late than never

Last edited by Technocrat : 4th January 2013 at 02:33. Reason: Only two smilies per post allowed, please read the forum rules carefully before proceeding further, thanks
Old 3rd January 2013, 20:10   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on your ownership of the Ertiga.

Wish you a very happy ownership and do keep the thread updated. Drive Safe!!! Guess more pictures would be appreciated.

Cheers!
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2013, 21:15   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the Ertiga. Have started seeing a whole lot of Ertigas in Bangalore, but this color is rare. The color is very nice, but hard to maintain. Happy maintaining the color.

Enjoy many more happy miles with the Ertiga.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2013, 22:58   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Congrats on your ownership of the Ertiga.

Wish you a very happy ownership and do keep the thread updated. Drive Safe!!! Guess more pictures would be appreciated.

Cheers!
Thanks mate! Ok, will try to post more pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Congrats on the Ertiga. Have started seeing a whole lot of Ertigas in Bangalore, but this color is rare. The color is very nice, but hard to maintain. Happy maintaining the color.

Enjoy many more happy miles with the Ertiga.
Hi.. thanks.. yeah I know maintaining ANY dark color would be a problem not just this but will have to manage, so challenging times i guess :-)
Old 4th January 2013, 00:59   #26
BHPian

Quote:

On a separate note, any Ertiga owners here who got any 'run-in' instructions from their dealer? My dealer just dismissed the run-in theory and said, go ahead and enjoy mate :-)

I am a little circumspect of that. I still think that a little run-in should be needed and if not 1000 Kms then atleast 500-750 kms, so any suggestions people have got from their dealers?

I know I maybe a little late in asking as I have already clocked close to 750 Kms but still better late than never

Guess, its always good to keep the revs low & speeds below 100 kmph for the first 1K kms. See your car's owners manual. Mine says keep below 4K rpm, no speed limit given!

There is this this excellent ownership review by ajay0612 : I am in LUV literally - My Maruti Ertiga ZXI
Please go through it!

Also have a look at ARTICLE: How to Run-In your new car

Last edited by Abes : 4th January 2013 at 01:11.
Abes is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2013, 08:54   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abes View Post
Guess, its always good to keep the revs low & speeds below 100 kmph for the first 1K kms. See your car's owners manual. Mine says keep below 4K rpm, no speed limit given!

There is this this excellent ownership review by ajay0612 : I am in LUV literally - My Maruti Ertiga ZXI
Please go through it!

Also have a look at ARTICLE: How to Run-In your new car
Hi.. Thanks for the info but my car manual doesn't seem to suggest anything. Just gives generic info in terms of 'your dealer might have given' and things like that.. I read the thread you have referenced on running in and it does seem fine and sensible but I am finding it difficult to keep the revs to under 3K :-) But will keep trying! Thanks for your help mate!
Old 26th March 2013, 12:51   #28
Team-BHP Support

Mods note: Thread moved from Assembly Line to Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports.
Rudra Sen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2013, 12:09   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Shiv! Where in Bangalore did you get this done?

Go to any 3m Outlets. I got it from 3M Marthahalli as its nearer to my place.
They are quite effective in protecting spill overs and dust grains to pass over onto the floor.

Thanks!
Shiv_1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2013, 12:25   #30
BHPian

Thanks a lot Shiv!

I am a little worried as I am only getting about 10-10.5 with A/C in Bangalore.. Mine is a VXi with ABS and done about 2600 kms and this is on a tank to tank basis.. At the time of my first service I was told not to bother till 5000 kms but I am not very convinced with that.. I am a very regular driver and not the one who accelerates and brakes suddenly and things like that.. I am aware that cars in Bangalore may give lesser mileage due to the presence of innumerable speed breakers at every corner but I would be happy with a mileage of around 12-13.. Let me know your thoughts guys.. Anything you see here?

Most Viewed