Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2013, 23:13   #31
BHPian

Re: Dream come true! Presenting my Maruti Swift ZDi

Hello guys,
First of all apologies for late updation. I was not able to spare time as I had some courses to be done. Had some upgrades or minor mods to the car during the period. Please continue reading for the details .

1k service has been completed. Didn't change the oil. Will be doing it only on 5k. As usual they said mineral oil is no more available in the service center, otherwise I would have changed oil on 1k. There was slight right pulling which they have aligned. Gave the car for service in the morning and got it back around 3pm. Cost was Zero.

Got the seat covers from Galaxy, Cochin. The brand is some thing called 'Vanquish'. Its pretty good. Looks nice as well. The install was neat and tidy. They removed all the seat and took off the stock seat covers. Then put the new covers. They have put all the necessary clamps and hooks (including ones inside the seat cover). During the process one stitch of the rear seat came off. Rectified on the spot itself. Everything is very tightly fitted. No slacks, uneven bulging, nothing. Total damage 11k.
Dream come true! Presenting my Maruti Swift ZDi-_dsc4247.jpg

Dream come true! Presenting my Maruti Swift ZDi-_dsc4249.jpg

Dream come true! Presenting my Maruti Swift ZDi-_dsc4251.jpg

Dream come true! Presenting my Maruti Swift ZDi-_dsc4256.jpg

Dream come true! Presenting my Maruti Swift ZDi-_dsc4257.jpg

Dream come true! Presenting my Maruti Swift ZDi-_dsc4258.jpg

Dream come true! Presenting my Maruti Swift ZDi-_dsc4259.jpg

Dream come true! Presenting my Maruti Swift ZDi-_dsc4593.jpg

Dream come true! Presenting my Maruti Swift ZDi-_dsc4898.jpg

Got steering cover done from Stanley, Cochin. Very nice to hold. Very neat stitching and feels so smooth. Later (after 1 or 2 year) I am going to get my seat cover redone from this guys.
Dream come true! Presenting my Maruti Swift ZDi-_dsc4598.jpg

Am not fan of 3d mats and all. In our area there is lot of loose sand and once they get a little wet, then you had it. It will stick like glue. So the sand particles/stains will be remain on the mat itself which you will be able to feel every time when using the pedals. Its kind of annoying to keep on rubbing the sand against the mat. That is the reason I use mats like these
Dream come true! Presenting my Maruti Swift ZDi-_dsc4578.jpg
They have curly threads all over in which all the sand particles will get stuck. Thus making the mat looks neat and clean. It is very good to clean wet shoe or sandal. So you don't fear slipping of the footwear from the pedals. What you have to do is take them occasionally and just unload the sand which is trapped inside. In my case there will be hell load of sand because of the reason I have mentioned. One disadvantage of the mat as mentioned by fellow bhpian naveen.raju is maintaining them during the rainy season. It may require more frequent cleaning and drying, otherwise it may have bad odour.
Dream come true! Presenting my Maruti Swift ZDi-_dsc4582.jpg

DRL'ed by Philips 4led. Its very neat looking and have decent throw of beam which will make you visible from distance. Turns on once you start the engine and turns off after some sec when you switch off the E/N. Didn't go for the local made simply to avoid cheap blue tint lights.
Dream come true! Presenting my Maruti Swift ZDi-_dsc4886.jpg
The spread is more linear than side ways. Which makes it look less powerful. I have seen some other drls which are like hids!
Dream come true! Presenting my Maruti Swift ZDi-_dsc4889.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
I got them few days back. These pen drive is so small! You may feel it like a broken connector part of some usb drive. Still they have managed to attach an led to it!
Dream come true! Presenting my Maruti Swift ZDi-_dsc4904.jpg

8gb truck and 16gb nano!
Dream come true! Presenting my Maruti Swift ZDi-_dsc4911.jpg

Completed 2k. Sad I was not able to take him out for weel as I was suffering from fever. Other wise it would have been crossed 3k by now. Car feels really smooth. Thanks god, till now it hasn't developed rattling
Dream come true! Presenting my Maruti Swift ZDi-dsc00092.jpg

Planning to upgrade the headlight with some projectors and hids.
vaisakhr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2013, 01:39   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Did they give an arm rest free with the seat covers? Don't think you have mentioned about it anywhere in your report. or did I miss it?

Details please!
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2013, 10:20   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaisakhr View Post
Got steering cover done from Stanley, Cochin. Very nice to hold. Very neat stitching and feels so smooth.
Nice one vaisakhr. Looks good. How much did it cost?

Quote:
I got them few days back. These pen drive is so small!
I prefer the ones without detachable cap like the switch or blade. The Swift anyways have a good slotting point where the drive doesn't stick out.
Old 2nd February 2013, 10:44   #34
Senior - BHPian

Your Swift looks stunning!

Can you please share the cost of DRL's and also the method of wiring .

Quote:
...They removed all the seat and took off the stock seat covers. Then put the new covers. They have put all the necessary clamps and hooks (including ones inside the seat cover). During the process one stitch of the rear seat came off.
The seat covers look great.

But why did they remove the OE covers?

I had got the same kinda seat covers for the figo without removing the OE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Old 2nd February 2013, 11:01   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Did they give an arm rest free with the seat covers?
No, they didn't. I bought it from a local car shop and installed myself. It is very nice to have one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Nice one vaisakhr. Looks good. How much did it cost?
Steering cover starts from 2.5k @ Stanley. And they are completely depends on the leather you choose. If you are going for the Nappa ones, it may come around 4k. It may look expensive but the feel is very nice. The job is also very much time taking. It took around 4hrs for them to do the steering cover itself.

Quote:
Your Swift looks stunning!

Can you please share the cost of DRL's and also the method of wiring .
Thanks, I got them for 6k from Galaxy, Cochin.

Quote:
But why did they remove the OE covers?

I had got the same kinda seat covers for the figo without removing the OE.
I think seat covers like these are installed in this way. They call them 'tight fitting' or something. Just like the OE covers these has to be hooked and strapped. I don't know whether they will able to do that with OE covers in place.
vaisakhr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2013, 20:29   #36
BHPian

Where is stanley showroom @ kochi?
Old 2nd February 2013, 20:47   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Dude, I didnt notice the arm rest during the meet. Guess it's around 1.5k right? I'm planning to buy one. How is it? Is it screwed in or detachable?
Old 2nd February 2013, 20:49   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselLover View Post
Where is stanley showroom @ kochi?
On the way from Vyttila to Palarivattom. You will see a GM's showroom, Stanley is on the building 1st floor.

There number is : 0484 2346123, 0484 2349123, 9447166662(Noby)
vaisakhr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2013, 22:28   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Dude, I didnt notice the arm rest during the meet. Guess it's around 1.5k right? I'm planning to buy one. How is it? Is it screwed in or detachable?
My concern is if we fit this on previous gen swift, will I be able to use the bottle holder on the console!

I really don't want to block the bottle holder by installing one, as that's the ONLY bottle holder we have in the Swift. I use it always during my highway drives, can't think of rolling the bottles on the floor.

Edit::

Quote:
No, they didn't. I bought it from a local car shop and installed myself. It is very nice to have one...
Can we have some detailed pics of the arm rest. For reference, you could sit at the rear and take the pic of the whole assembly (from the floor to top) in one shot and also keeping your hands on the arm rest to gauge the width of it.

When I was searching for it, I came across two different sizes, one was much wider compared to the other. Could NOT find the wider one later, and left the ideas there.

Would you also have the dimensions of your arm rest, could help as a reference while doing some search.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 2nd February 2013 at 22:31.
Old 3rd February 2013, 08:33   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
My concern is if we fit this on previous gen swift, will I be able to use the bottle holder on the console!

I really don't want to block the bottle holder by installing one, as that's the ONLY bottle holder we have in the Swift. I use it always during my highway drives, can't think of rolling the bottles on the floor.
True. Even I had that in mind. I almost bought this but decided to check the reviews. This was when I went to get the projectors way back in '10. Looks good though. I might buy this soon.
Old 3rd February 2013, 13:49   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I'm planning to buy one. How is it? Is it screwed in or detachable?
It is screwed type. Plastic quality is below average. It squeaks a lot when you apply force on it (for ex: if you push it with your hand for instance). I hope it can be rectified by adding some packing material in between the joints. Need some time for that.

As am going out of town today, I'll upload the pics when I come back.
Old 3rd February 2013, 15:44   #42
BHPian

Vaisakh , did you check the cost of seat cover @ stanley?
Old 3rd February 2013, 17:32   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselLover View Post
Vaisakh , did you check the cost of seat cover @ stanley?
The range starts from 26k. But the price is completely depending on the leather you choose. This price is for the basic one. I think the 1.5mm Scandinavian also have same price (correct me if am wrong). And for nappa ones the price goes upto 60k.
vaisakhr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2013, 20:21   #44
BHPian

Hi guys,

Its a been a while since had an update in the thread. Due to the classes and travel I wasn't able to do it, sorry.

Got flip keyed!
Dream come true! Presenting my Maruti Swift ZDi-_dsc5267.jpg
Dream come true! Presenting my Maruti Swift ZDi-_dsc5268.jpg
Dream come true! Presenting my Maruti Swift ZDi-_dsc5269.jpg
They are the same as Harrison's. But I bought it from ebay. Got the fob and the key(blank) for 1.1k including shipping. Got the key cut from a key duplicating shop (thanks to fellow bhpian jose and naveen for suggesting the shops). Installed the keys myself at home.

Car has clocked over 3k. Avg consumption is 17.0kmpl now. No rattles till now.

Here are the pics of the arm rest along with the hand brake covering plastic piece. They are a must if you used to drive one handed. It gives a good and very comfortable support. Still not at all satisfied with the material quality of it. Planning to make one myself with mdf/SS plate/Aluminium.
Dream come true! Presenting my Maruti Swift ZDi-_dsc5230.jpg
Dream come true! Presenting my Maruti Swift ZDi-_dsc5232.jpg
Dream come true! Presenting my Maruti Swift ZDi-_dsc5234.jpg

Bare with me for the very short writing style. Limited time is the issue. Will update soon along with more pics and detailed reviews.

Last edited by vaisakhr : 19th February 2013 at 20:25.
Old 19th February 2013, 22:11   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Am not fan of 3d mats and all. In our area there is lot of loose sand and once they get a little wet, then you had it. It will stick like glue. So the sand particles/stains will be remain on the mat itself which you will be able to feel every time when using the pedals. Its kind of annoying to keep on rubbing the sand against the mat. That is the reason I use mats like these
Attachment 1046037
Can you please let us know from where did you source these mats , and how much did it cost ?

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks