Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2013, 08:32   #76
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
There is a definite clicking sound. I am quite sure there is something loose. Will show it to you during the next meet. So far MASS has been helpless.
I am amused with MASS. In all of the ZDi threads that I have read have reported this issue of clicking sound of the drivers seat so why aren't they taking any action proactively or do a recall?!

How hard can it be!!

It won't harm their reputation rather give it boost. I guess even ZXi owners would also be facing the same issue as the seats are same for the Z variant. Right?

Anurag.
Old 27th August 2013, 17:25   #77
BHPian

Re: Dream come true! Presenting my Maruti Swift ZDi

Quote:
There is a definite clicking sound. I am quite sure there is something loose. Will show it to you during the next meet. So far MASS has been helpless.
MASS guys said, since I removed my seat for seat covers and amp fitment things like this sound can happen. Stupid excuse as usual. They are not bothered to do jobs like this.

Will check it out in the next meet bro. If you want, I will bring the spanner also. Let me know.
vaisakhr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2013, 07:09   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaisakhr View Post
Will check it out in the next meet bro. If you want, I will bring the spanner also. Let me know.
Yeah, lets give your camera some rest and your spanner some work during the next meet.
Old 30th August 2013, 22:12   #79
Senior - BHPian

Re: Seat squeaking DIY

Quote:
Will definitely try that out. Thanks again. One more doubt, do we have to pair it before starting the engine?
Here's a pic i took yesterday when i removed the dongle from the car..

Dream come true! Presenting my Maruti Swift ZDi-20130830_090719.jpg
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2013, 20:22   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah, lets give your camera some rest and your spanner some work during the next meet.
Sure buddy, will bring the 'tools' in the next meet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Here's a pic i took yesterday when i removed the dongle from the car..
Thank you very much Sankar. Did you solder the wire on the connector end?
Old 7th September 2013, 22:23   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you very much Sankar. Did you solder the wire on the connector end?
No, thats how it is inside.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2013, 22:04   #82
BHPian

Hello guys,

My apologies for not updating the thread. Been busy with exams. 20k service over. As expected the cost is north of 10k. I am not putting the details or break-up of the bill because there is already a thread regarding that matter and I don't want to start a discussion about the same topic in here.

Odo crossed 25k today, that is happy 11 months of cruising. FE averages around 17~18kmpl as my run is mainly around Cochin itself. So you can imagine how efficient is the mill. On highway it can easily clock 22~23kmpl, I used to get it. Above figures are on sedate driving with ACC on and speed below 80kmph.

Big update, installed the DieselTronic from Racedynamics .

Total Damage was 20k. Installation was done in TyreX, Vytila, Cochin. There are the distributors of RD boxes in Ernakulam (As per the RD team, banglore. Got the contace details from them only). It takes around 3 to 4 days for the box to arrive. Installation is a half an hour job.

Initial impression : P2 is simply awesome. Its not about the extra boost for more top speed, its the low end which gets better. As you all know the turbo lag of the Swift is a let down. With the box fitted it pulls really well. There is lag, but the turbo kicks in much earlier than before. That is 1800 to 1500~1600rpm. You have to make sure that the road is empty or there is a big gap from the car in the front, other wise you will be wearing your brake pads more, fact! Tried P1 as well in between. Its not as insane as the P2 but moderate and the turbo lag is also minimal, perfect for daily commute. Haven't tried the E mode.

One more thing, it may sound weird. I guess P2 gave me more city kmpl figures than the stock setting. It may be because I was afraid to use the gas pedal most of the time . In highway I noticed the avg FE reading coming down as well. Will let you know in detail about the FE figures.

Time for some pics :

Circled is the connector to which the box interface is connected
Dream come true! Presenting my Maruti Swift ZDi-1.jpg

Dream come true! Presenting my Maruti Swift ZDi-2.jpg

Dream come true! Presenting my Maruti Swift ZDi-3.jpg

Mode indicators
Dream come true! Presenting my Maruti Swift ZDi-4.jpg

Dream come true! Presenting my Maruti Swift ZDi-5.jpg

Box end
Dream come true! Presenting my Maruti Swift ZDi-6.jpg

Marked is the cable layout
Dream come true! Presenting my Maruti Swift ZDi-7.jpg

Securing cables with ties
Dream come true! Presenting my Maruti Swift ZDi-8.jpg

Connecting the power cable for the box
Dream come true! Presenting my Maruti Swift ZDi-9.jpg

Plugging in the box
Dream come true! Presenting my Maruti Swift ZDi-10.jpg

Stuck the box with double sided tape
Dream come true! Presenting my Maruti Swift ZDi-11.jpg

Connector
Dream come true! Presenting my Maruti Swift ZDi-12.jpg

And the 25k mark..
Dream come true! Presenting my Maruti Swift ZDi-img_20131226_193223.jpg
vaisakhr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th December 2013, 12:29   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Super! That's one great update and an excellent B'day gift for the car. Waiting to take a drive of the beast (or should I say beastly beast - Stock swift itself is a beast). Please update the FE in all the modes so that it will help us. So what's the final power/torque output?
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2013, 17:57   #84
BHPian

Congrats Vaisakh!

I too had driven the car yesterday, and yes the RD makes a world of difference in the low end grunt..

I was driving his car through one of the blasted Kochi jams, and I must say the RD chip made it a pleasure!

Also had a chance to test the acceleration on an open bit of road in P2 mode and the way it takes off is simply awesome!

All in all, an awesome addition to the beast, and congrats on achieving the 25k milestone!

Wish you many many more happy miles!
Speed.Demon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2013, 18:52   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Super! That's one great update and an excellent B'day gift for the car. Waiting to take a drive of the beast (or should I say beastly beast - Stock swift itself is a beast). Please update the FE in all the modes so that it will help us. So what's the final power/torque output?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed.Demon View Post
Congrats Vaisakh!

I too had driven the car yesterday, and yes the RD makes a world of difference in the low end grunt..

I was driving his car through one of the blasted Kochi jams, and I must say the RD chip made it a pleasure!

Also had a chance to test the acceleration on an open bit of road in P2 mode and the way it takes off is simply awesome!

All in all, an awesome addition to the beast, and congrats on achieving the 25k milestone!

Wish you many many more happy miles!
Thanks guys. Yes, it is superb. The low end is a big wow now. The thrust near 2.5k rpm is more brutal now. The only let down are the tires, poor mrf is having hard time gripping the surface .

Naveen, me and my friend (who have the RDd getz) are planning for a dyno session. Let you know in detail then .
vaisakhr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2013, 19:35   #86
BHPian

Awesome ride you have there vaisakhr. Looking forward to meet you and your ride soon.
aswin ajith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2013, 07:54   #87
Senior - BHPian

Great! Welcome to the tuning box 90 hp club. The MJD will be revving like a petrol now. The RD box looks great VFM! And always wait for the temp. gauge to hit the mark before you give it the beans. Maybe the 'E' mode is good for that.

You are still running the stock air filter right? Feel free to pick up my Green' cotton filter if you want to try it out. I am running a new paper filter after the 35K service.

Whats the idle RPM with P1 and P2? Any idea how much smoke does the car emit under hard acceleration?
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2013, 08:12   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aswin ajith View Post
Awesome ride you have there vaisakhr. Looking forward to meet you and your ride soon.
Thanks Aswin.

Quote:
Great! Welcome to the tuning box 90 hp club. The MJD will be revving like a petrol now. The RD box looks great VFM! And always wait for the temp. gauge to hit the mark before you give it the beans. Maybe the 'E' mode is good for that.

You are still running the stock air filter right? Feel free to pick up my Green' cotton filter if you want to try it out. I am running a new paper filter after the 35K service.

Whats the idle RPM with P1 and P2? Any idea how much smoke does the car emit under hard acceleration?
Its a normal practice that I wait for the engine to heat up properly before any hard acceleration. And the turbo idling rules, strictly follows that too.

Regarding smoke, haven't noticed any till now. As you know the MJDs don't smoke as much as other diesel engines, and I was afraid of the state after installing the box because many fellow bhpians have reported the increase in the black smoke with the box. Idling rpm remains same as the stock setting.
Thanks for offering the filter bro. Really appreciate that

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks