Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2013, 23:18   #16
BHPian

Re: Heart 2–0 Mind. Tata Safari Dicor Lx Quartz Black. Aka "The Albatross"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
This is a curious case! Does the immobilizer kick in if you open the doors with the key and try to start the car? Even if its the *original* key?
Within 10 seconds of taking out the key from the ignition the immobilizer kicks in and can only be unlocked by the remote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by padikpanther View Post
Will be going for the headlight upgrade in the next fortnight. Any suggestion on that? Have heard a lot about Philips Rally combined with a Bosch Relay kit.
Try out the Philips Ultinon Flash Star, just have to replace the originals without any warranty void.
Old 2nd February 2013, 12:13   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himadrimondal View Post
Try out the Philips Ultinon Flash Star, just have to replace the originals without any warranty void.
Hi, The link says Xenon HID for all "Ultinon" series. But, it also states "Directly interchangeable with originally equipped products".
Does it mean that the OE product should be Xenon for "Ultinon" series ?

In my Safari, I am currently running with "osram night breaker", but, I am not at all happy with it.

Prem.
Old 3rd February 2013, 00:02   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post

Hi, The link says Xenon HID for all "Ultinon" series. But, it also states "Directly interchangeable with originally equipped products".
Does it mean that the OE product should be Xenon for "Ultinon" series ?

In my Safari, I am currently running with "osram night breaker", but, I am not at all happy with it.

Prem.
I did DIY for upgrading headlamps with 100/130 as per HappyWheels suggestion. But still I am not very happy with low beam. Yes, before somebody jump gun with headlights alignment, I already did it with help of dadu's thread.
High beam is very good. I feel that spread of light was better with my old Philips Extreme Vision.
But I comfortably manage it with proper fog lamp adjustment that once EmmEmm motors did for me.
anujmishra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2013, 17:32   #19
BHPian

Some long pending snaps of the Albatross [for sharp eyes on this forum - the 'No Parking ' board is the Society one and the truck was parked over there just for the snaps ]

Heart 2–0 Mind. Tata Safari Dicor Lx Quartz Black. Aka "The Albatross"-dsc03800.jpg

ROVRM

Heart 2–0 Mind. Tata Safari Dicor Lx Quartz Black. Aka "The Albatross"-dsc03803.jpg

LOVRM

Heart 2–0 Mind. Tata Safari Dicor Lx Quartz Black. Aka "The Albatross"-dsc03806.jpg

Foot-well, dead pedal missing

Heart 2–0 Mind. Tata Safari Dicor Lx Quartz Black. Aka "The Albatross"-dsc03802.jpg

Heart 2–0 Mind. Tata Safari Dicor Lx Quartz Black. Aka "The Albatross"-dsc03808.jpg

No space for water bottles

Heart 2–0 Mind. Tata Safari Dicor Lx Quartz Black. Aka "The Albatross"-dsc03809.jpg

Door opens realy wide for easy ingress/exit

Heart 2–0 Mind. Tata Safari Dicor Lx Quartz Black. Aka "The Albatross"-dsc03810.jpg

Heart 2–0 Mind. Tata Safari Dicor Lx Quartz Black. Aka "The Albatross"-dsc03811.jpg

Ample leg space

Heart 2–0 Mind. Tata Safari Dicor Lx Quartz Black. Aka "The Albatross"-dsc03812.jpg

Engine bay

Heart 2–0 Mind. Tata Safari Dicor Lx Quartz Black. Aka "The Albatross"-dsc03813.jpg

Heart 2–0 Mind. Tata Safari Dicor Lx Quartz Black. Aka "The Albatross"-dsc03814.jpg

Heart 2–0 Mind. Tata Safari Dicor Lx Quartz Black. Aka "The Albatross"-dsc03815.jpg

Heart 2–0 Mind. Tata Safari Dicor Lx Quartz Black. Aka "The Albatross"-dsc03816.jpg

Heart 2–0 Mind. Tata Safari Dicor Lx Quartz Black. Aka "The Albatross"-dsc03818.jpg

Center Console

Heart 2–0 Mind. Tata Safari Dicor Lx Quartz Black. Aka "The Albatross"-dsc03819.jpg

Jump Seats

Heart 2–0 Mind. Tata Safari Dicor Lx Quartz Black. Aka "The Albatross"-dsc03820.jpg

Heart 2–0 Mind. Tata Safari Dicor Lx Quartz Black. Aka "The Albatross"-dsc03821.jpg

Jump seats folded

Heart 2–0 Mind. Tata Safari Dicor Lx Quartz Black. Aka "The Albatross"-dsc03822.jpg

Heart 2–0 Mind. Tata Safari Dicor Lx Quartz Black. Aka "The Albatross"-dsc03823.jpg

Heart 2–0 Mind. Tata Safari Dicor Lx Quartz Black. Aka "The Albatross"-dsc03824.jpg

Middle Row

Heart 2–0 Mind. Tata Safari Dicor Lx Quartz Black. Aka "The Albatross"-dsc03826.jpg

Heart 2–0 Mind. Tata Safari Dicor Lx Quartz Black. Aka "The Albatross"-dsc03827.jpg

Heart 2–0 Mind. Tata Safari Dicor Lx Quartz Black. Aka "The Albatross"-dsc03828.jpg

Heart 2–0 Mind. Tata Safari Dicor Lx Quartz Black. Aka "The Albatross"-dsc03829.jpg

A/c vent for Middle Row

Heart 2–0 Mind. Tata Safari Dicor Lx Quartz Black. Aka "The Albatross"-dsc03830.jpg

Heart 2–0 Mind. Tata Safari Dicor Lx Quartz Black. Aka "The Albatross"-dsc03832.jpg

ICE

Heart 2–0 Mind. Tata Safari Dicor Lx Quartz Black. Aka "The Albatross"-dsc03833.jpg

Heart 2–0 Mind. Tata Safari Dicor Lx Quartz Black. Aka "The Albatross"-dsc03834.jpg

Heart 2–0 Mind. Tata Safari Dicor Lx Quartz Black. Aka "The Albatross"-dsc03835.jpg
padikpanther is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2013, 21:27   #20
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations for the mighty Safari and welcome to the league.

Quote:
Some long pending snaps of the Albatross [for sharp eyes on this forum - ...
I just noticed one missing rubber cap on the right wiper base. See your pic, I marked with red [].

Heart 2–0 Mind. Tata Safari Dicor Lx Quartz Black. Aka "The Albatross"-capmissing.jpg

Pester your dealer to find and replace it.

Wishing you many happy miles on safari.

-BJ
bj96 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2013, 10:35   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
Congratulations for the mighty Safari and welcome to the league.

I just noticed one missing rubber cap on the right wiper base. See your pic, I marked with red [].

Attachment 1046600

Pester your dealer to find and replace it.

Wishing you many happy miles on safari.

-BJ
Hats off to you BJ, that's really sharp eyes thanks a lot. Will take care. Is it ok to wait till the 1st servicing or it needs urgent attention?
Old 4th February 2013, 10:58   #22
BHPian

Congratulations.
Touring in Safari is addictive - I must warn you. It begs you to go for a long drive.

Quote:
Intend to do over a period of time - (Experts pls comment)
1. Headlight bulb upgrade.
2. Fog lights
3. Remote Locking
4. Reduce the Turning Radius.
1. Use Osram's Nightbreaker or Philips equivalent. A lot better than the OEM headlight bulbs.
2. Fog lights - Must. Get them fitted as soon as possible. Original Minda costs Rs2900/- a pair.
Prowler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2013, 11:16   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Congratulations.
Touring in Safari is addictive - I must warn you. It begs you to go for a long drive.

1. Use Osram's Nightbreaker or Philips equivalent. A lot better than the OEM headlight bulbs.
2. Fog lights - Must. Get them fitted as soon as possible. Original Minda costs Rs2900/- a pair.
Thanks Prowler. I'm getting both the things (light upgrade + fog lamps) done this week.
Old 4th February 2013, 12:46   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Prowler. I'm getting both the things (light upgrade + fog lamps) done this week.
I guess, many including me running with Osram NB [60/55] without great success. If you really want better throw and reach, go for 100/90 with a relay. But, not sure of warranty. Some say, nothing to worry while others say, there are problems with warranty while fixing 100/90.

Prem.
Old 4th February 2013, 15:47   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...Is it ok to wait till the 1st servicing or it needs urgent attention?

You can wait. It is not urgent. However, as time passes, dealers have habit of denying it was missing at the time of delivery. They will blame you for losing it. Anyways, strike the iron when it is hot. My truck came without 4x4 decals and I notified them during PDI. They replaced it in about a weeks time.

-BJ
bj96 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2013, 16:01   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
I guess, many including me running with Osram NB [60/55] without great success. If you really want better throw and reach, go for 100/90 with a relay. But, not sure of warranty. Some say, nothing to worry while others say, there are problems with warranty while fixing 100/90.

Prem.
Yes. There 'can' be warranty issues if we go for relay. But only the warranty on electrical wiring will be void in that case.
But in case the night driving is considerably higher, the risk to upgrade to 100/90 is totally worth it, simply for the fact: There is no warranty on human life

@padikpanther - Congratulations!!! Wish you many many happy miles with all smiles ahead.
What is the OTR price for this model in pune?

PassionateDrive
PassionateDrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2013, 16:58   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
You can wait. It is not urgent.....
-BJ
BJ, just had a word with the Concorde SA and updated him about the missing rubber cap. He has promised to take care of it during the 1st servicing without any extra costs involved. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassionateDrive View Post
Yes. There 'can' be warranty issues if we go for relay. But only the warranty on electrical wiring will be void in that case. But in case the night driving is considerably higher, the risk to upgrade to 100/90 is totally worth it, simply for the fact: There is no warranty on human life
@padikpanther - Congratulations!!! Wish you many many happy miles with all smiles ahead.
What is the OTR price for this model in pune?
PassionateDrive
Thanks PassionateDrive. In Pune the OTR price when I started shopping around was 9.40 with an Insurance waiver of 27k odd..
Old 4th February 2013, 16:58   #28
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Padikpanther for the Albatross.
Wish you many happy miles and niggle free performance from the Safari.

Since the LX model does not have ABS EBD, drive safely.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2013, 17:06   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Congratulations Padikpanther for the Albatross.
Wish you many happy miles and niggle free performance from the Safari.
Since the LX model does not have ABS EBD, drive safely.
Thanks Sommos. Will definitely follow your suggestion and loved your signature which I always follow religiously.
Old 5th February 2013, 10:39   #30
BHPian

I see that you have fitted Reverse sensors. I opted for a camera. The view comes in handy when you need to reverse in a 'crowded' awkward area. A wide angle reverse camera with a 4 inch LCD monitor cost me about Rs 6k.

Good Looking Albatross.

BTW you posted only 62 messages and you have been thanked 61 times. It is an achievement Panther.
Prowler is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed