Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2014, 13:49   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Getting weird squeaking noise from Steering Console

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
As i mentioned in my previous Post, i have a Video captured but am not sure how to upload it here.

Thanks.
Upload the video onto you tube and then post the link to the video here. See the announcements section for more info.
Old 31st January 2014, 14:11   #32
BHPian

Re: Getting weird squeaking noise from Steering Console

Guys, i have uploaded the video file to a File Sharing Website and the download link is :

http://www.sendspace.com/file/emhjkk

The Video Duration is 01:25 but the size is around 170 MB.
You will have to listen closely as the squeaking sound is faint due to road noise. But it is heard. It is a bit more clear around 00:30 to 00:40 seconds.

Thanks Guys.
Old 18th May 2015, 12:17   #33
BHPian

40000 Kms Update and 2.5 Yrs of Ownership

Hey Guys,

Reviving my ownership thread after more than an year...
Recently, my Ritzy completed 40000 Kms running in 2 Yrs 4 Months. It has been a wonderful experience throughout, has served me very well and never has it given me any trouble whatsoever. It truly is a very very underrated car.
It has sufficient space inside, very easy ingress \ egress and nice view of the road due to tall boy stance. Only issue i had was that the ABC Pedals are a bit too high for my liking. Have placed a wooden plank below the Foot Mat to overcome this problem. Most people hate it's Rear Looks but i have grew fond of it as time went by. Looks different. Though i might be in minority.
I consistently get a City Mileage of around 18 kmpl mostly with AC On. Tyres are filled with Nitrogen and i top it up once a month with 33 Front and 30 Rear. My Ritzy is running on 185\70 Yoko A-Drives and have had 2 Punctures in it's 40K Kms of running. Any inputs as to how much more running can i do on this set ?

I love doing long drives and enjoy driving in Ghats and Highways. Have driven it to Goa, Malvan, Most of the Konkan Beaches and numerous trips to Mahabaleshwar.

Wanted to do something special for Ritzy for crossing the 40K Kms mark.
So, got a K&N Replacement Air Filter 33-2952 for 4500 /-. Maybe my expectations were too high about the Performance Improvement, but i did not find any substantial improvement that would make the 4500 /- spent well worth it. I feel that the Engine revs more freely now and i can be on a higher gear at low speeds. I also do not notice any black smoke from the exhaust when i rev harder. Also, my bad luck that i got a White K&N Sticker, instead of a Black one for my Silver Ritzy.

Also, changed the Oil to Mobil Delvac MX and put 3Ltr in even though 3.1 L needs to go in. Was actually planning for Mobil Delvac 1 but found it too costly to consider.

Got the 40K Kms Servicing done at Chowgule and no complaints. Got a Bill of 5400 odd minus the Oil, Oil Filter and Air Filter which i got it done from outside.

Got the 3M Exterior Protect Treatment done after Service at the 3M Baner Outlet for 2400 /-. Had a very good experience and their service is amazing.
Took a good 4 Hrs. to complete the job and there it was shiny and spanking new. However, it doesn't last long and just takes one day of rain to eradicate all the shine and money spent...

Also got a 3M Gift Kit from Amazon during their Summer Sale. Original MRP is 1295 /- and i got it for 399 /-...

And finally...some latest Pics of my Ritzy.
Pics are slightly dark since they were clicked in my enclosed parking area.
Thanks for reading...Cheers...
Attached Thumbnails
My New Maruti Ritz VDI | True Joy Inside | EDIT: Sold-img_3465.jpg  

My New Maruti Ritz VDI | True Joy Inside | EDIT: Sold-img_3469.jpg  

My New Maruti Ritz VDI | True Joy Inside | EDIT: Sold-img_3457.jpg  

My New Maruti Ritz VDI | True Joy Inside | EDIT: Sold-img_3461.jpg  

My New Maruti Ritz VDI | True Joy Inside | EDIT: Sold-img_3479.jpg  

My New Maruti Ritz VDI | True Joy Inside | EDIT: Sold-img_3480.jpg  

My New Maruti Ritz VDI | True Joy Inside | EDIT: Sold-img_3458.jpg  

My New Maruti Ritz VDI | True Joy Inside | EDIT: Sold-img_3460.jpg  

My New Maruti Ritz VDI | True Joy Inside | EDIT: Sold-img_3485.jpg  

My New Maruti Ritz VDI | True Joy Inside | EDIT: Sold-img_3477.jpg  

My New Maruti Ritz VDI | True Joy Inside | EDIT: Sold-img_3487.jpg  

My New Maruti Ritz VDI | True Joy Inside | EDIT: Sold-img_3490.jpg  

My New Maruti Ritz VDI | True Joy Inside | EDIT: Sold-img_3491.jpg  

My New Maruti Ritz VDI | True Joy Inside | EDIT: Sold-img_3493.jpg  

My New Maruti Ritz VDI | True Joy Inside | EDIT: Sold-img_3494.jpg  

My New Maruti Ritz VDI | True Joy Inside | EDIT: Sold-img_3496.jpg  

My New Maruti Ritz VDI | True Joy Inside | EDIT: Sold-img_3667.jpg  

My New Maruti Ritz VDI | True Joy Inside | EDIT: Sold-img_3668.jpg  

My New Maruti Ritz VDI | True Joy Inside | EDIT: Sold-img_3669.jpg  

My New Maruti Ritz VDI | True Joy Inside | EDIT: Sold-img_20150428_173808.jpg  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 18th May 2015 at 13:06. Reason: Removed additional smiley. Only 2 per post permitted. Thanks!
abhi3284 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2016, 12:26   #34
BHPian

Re: My new Maruti Ritz VDI - True Joy Inside... 50000 Kms up in 3 Yrs.

Hey Guys, reviving my Ownership Report after a long time today, being a special day. Today, i have completed 3 Years of Ownership with my Ritzy and the Journey has been Amazing and mostly trouble free. Current ODO stands at 51500 Kms in the 3 Yrs. of Ownership.

Ritzy has been a no nonsense car with no major issues or niggles to complain about. It is truly a very underrated car and has not got the credit that it deserves.

As i love to do long drives, have taken my Ritzy to almost all the Konkan Beaches, Malvan, Goa and numerous Trips to Mahabaleshwar. And never has it dissapointed me.

After driving for 50K Kms, i would say the Positives of Ritz are spacious Front Seats, good seating Position and view of the road, efficient AC, good consistent Mileage of 17 - 18 KMPL in City Runabouts and around 20 - 22 KMPL on Highways. The only Major Negative for me is the High Position of the ABC Pedals. During Long Drives, my Ankle starts to pain due to keeping the foot at such high angle. And there is no Dead Pedal. I have kept a wooden plank below the Floor Mat to negate this a bit.

Modification Done till Date:

- Changed Stock Bridgestone Tyres to Yoko A-Drives 185/70 R14 immediately after taking Delivery.
- Changed to Autoform Art Leather Seat Covers.
- Changed the Stock Headlights to Osram Nightbreakers in stock rating.
- Switched to Mobil Delvac 1 Full Synthetic Oil at 40000 Kms Service. Obviously Maruti did not agree on filling Outside Oil. So, got it changed from a Garage outside.
- At the same time, changed to K&N Replacement Air Filter. To be honest, did not find the difference to be substantial probably because this is a Diesel but the Car has definitely become more free revving and responsive after i cleaned my K&N Air Filter using their Service Kit at 50000 Kms ODO.
- Got Lenso Raiden Alloys in Gunmetal Grey Color at 40000 Kms. It has completely transformed the Car Stance.

Modifications and Changes Planned:

- Will need to change Tyres soon since i have done around 52000 Kms on the Yoko A-Drives. Am deciding between Michelin XM2 and Conti CC5.
- Might go for a 100/90 W Setup since i do a lot of Traveling and find the Headlight Throw inadequate even on Osram Nightbreakers. Or might think about Philips Xtreme Vision in stock rating which Maruti also now sells at their Workshops.
- As expected in Pune City Driving and Kids fiddling around, Car has accumulated some Scratches even though i make it a point to Wash and Apply Wax and Polish every 3-4 Months. Thinking of going for 3M Advanced Paint Sealant but not sure if it would be worth it and remove the Scratches.
- Remap - It's a long shot but you never know...

Paid Servicing Costs:

20000 Kms Service - 7394 /-
30000 Kms Service - 5464 /-
40000 Kms Service - 5440 /-
50000 Kms Service - 7136 /- without Oil, Oil Filter and Air Filter.

Reason being the SA suggested EGR Valve Cleaning since it was not done at 30K Kms which is recommended in the Manual. So, got it done. Also, the Brake Pads were replaced adding to the Cost.

However, Ritzy has had it's fair share of Replacements under Warranty and EWR:

- Clutch Components Replaced and Clutch Overhaul done at 12000 Kms as i had reported some screeching noise from Clutch when moving in 1st Gear and while Reversing.
- Wiper Blade Arms replaced under Warranty as the Blades were streaking.
- LH Front Suspension Strut Assembly replaced under Warranty at 22000 Kms.
- Front Stabilizer Ball Joint Replaced under Warranty at 48000 Kms.
- Water Pump Assembly was replaced under Warranty at 49000 Kms since the Coolant Tank has almost gone Empty and a Leak was observed. Fortunately, i got this checked before leaving for a Vacation and just before EWR was about to expire.

Now that the EWR is expired, hoping that there are no more Failures in store.

At around 45000 Kms, had an Accident due to a Moron driving like a Maniac and caused a huge dent on the RHS such that the Driver Side Door wont open and got jammed.
Fortunately, i had 0 Dep Cover and has to shell out 1400 /- even though the Total Cost of Repairs and Painting crossed 26000 /-.

Just got the Insurance Renewed through Maruti Insurance but went for Comprehensive Insurance this time since NCB was 0 and Premium was a bit high.
Got 2 500 /- Service Vouchers Complimentary and managed to squeeze a Pure Leather Black Steering Wheel Cover as well. Looks and Feels Elegant. Pic posted below.

Post EGR Valve Cleaning and K&N Air Filter Cleaning, the Car has become very responsive and Super fun to Drive. Feels like it has just come out of the Factory.

Co-incidentally, also received my Team BHP Hoodie on my Ritzy's Birthday.

Am really hoping to touch the Major Milestone of 100000 Kms with my Ritzy.

Here are some Clicks of my Ritzy taken today and the Fuel Consumption Chart that i have maintained for the past 10K Kms.

Wishing all the Team BHP'ians a very Happy and Prosperous 2016. Keep Revvin. Cheers...

Request Mods to please edit Title to add 50000 Kms up in 3 Yrs.
Attached Thumbnails
My New Maruti Ritz VDI | True Joy Inside | EDIT: Sold-img_20151219_155159.jpg  

My New Maruti Ritz VDI | True Joy Inside | EDIT: Sold-img_20151219_154533.jpg  

My New Maruti Ritz VDI | True Joy Inside | EDIT: Sold-img_20160101_090532.jpg  

My New Maruti Ritz VDI | True Joy Inside | EDIT: Sold-img_20160101_090351.jpg  

My New Maruti Ritz VDI | True Joy Inside | EDIT: Sold-img_20160101_090918.jpg  

My New Maruti Ritz VDI | True Joy Inside | EDIT: Sold-img_20151231_150339.jpg  

My New Maruti Ritz VDI | True Joy Inside | EDIT: Sold-img_20151231_112213.jpg  

My New Maruti Ritz VDI | True Joy Inside | EDIT: Sold-img_20151231_154902.jpg  

My New Maruti Ritz VDI | True Joy Inside | EDIT: Sold-img_20151219_154407.jpg  

My New Maruti Ritz VDI | True Joy Inside | EDIT: Sold-img_20160101_091436.jpg  

My New Maruti Ritz VDI | True Joy Inside | EDIT: Sold-ritz_fuel_sheet.png  

Last edited by abhi3284 : 1st January 2016 at 12:28. Reason: Addition
abhi3284 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2016, 10:08   #35
BHPian

re: My New Maruti Ritz VDI | True Joy Inside | EDIT: Sold

Hello abhi3284.

I just went through the ownership report. Must say, Ritz is a very under-rated car. Its sales were killed by the flashy sibling Swift. Your car looks wonderful with the grey shade alloys. They blend very well with the silky silver colour of the Ritz.

Have you done the 100/90 upgrade? If not, please avoid the 55/60 provided by Maruti as a close friend tried them out and the improvement was barely 10-20% (even in pictures!). So, go for the tried-n-tested route and get the 100/90 with ceramic holders and wiring kit.

One suggestion I have is to get the number plate holder area (in the lower air dam) taped to black by 3M/sticker shop. Try getting it photoshopped first and take a look.

The Team BHP stickers look swell. Do keep the thread updated.
biggrin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2016, 09:21   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggrin View Post
Hello abhi3284.

I just went through the ownership report. Must say, Ritz is a very under-rated car. Its sales were killed by the flashy sibling Swift. Your car looks wonderful with the grey shade alloys. They blend very well with the silky silver colour of the Ritz.

Have you done the 100/90 upgrade? If not, please avoid the 55/60 provided by Maruti as a close friend tried them out and the improvement was barely 10-20% (even in pictures!). So, go for the tried-n-tested route and get the 100/90 with ceramic holders and wiring kit.

One suggestion I have is to get the number plate holder area (in the lower air dam) taped to black by 3M/sticker shop. Try getting it photoshopped first and take a look.

The Team BHP stickers look swell. Do keep the thread updated.
Hey Thanks Biggrin and Sorry for the late reply. I got the 100/90 W Bulb Upgrade done last month itself a couple of days before you sent this post. And the difference in visibility is easily noticeable. Currently, my Ritzy is gonna touch 60k Kms and it is still so much fun to drive...

Last edited by abhi3284 : 4th June 2016 at 09:22. Reason: Add Text
Old 11th January 2024, 21:11   #37
BHPian

Waking up the old thread, did Ritz VDI 2011 model came with real time FE?
Old 11th January 2024, 23:36   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvd8732 View Post
Waking up the old thread, did Ritz VDI 2011 model came with real time FE?
Nope, It didn't. It came only with the facelift variant.
Soorya Ramesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2024, 20:42   #39
BHPian

So, after 11 Yrs, 1 month, 8 days and covering 116060 Kms, its finally time to bid Goodbye to my reliable and faithful Ritzy. Still 0 Rattles in a Maruti Suzuki after 11 Yrs. of Ownership. Can you believe that. The Ritz Build Quality is unlike any other Maruti. I feel i got a good deal of 2.30L.

It was a very emotional moment for me to let go of my Ritzy as i had developed a very close bond. However, all good things do come to an end. Here are the final Pics i clicked before handing over my Ritzy.

My New Maruti Ritz VDI | True Joy Inside | EDIT: Sold-20240206_131512.jpg

My New Maruti Ritz VDI | True Joy Inside | EDIT: Sold-20240206_131739.jpg

With every End, comes a New Beginning. Looking forward to munching miles with the Badass.

My New Maruti Ritz VDI | True Joy Inside | EDIT: Sold-seltos-front.jpg

Mods, please feel free to update the Title of the Thread and Close it.
abhi3284 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 10th February 2024, 18:38   #40
BHPian

Re: My New Maruti Ritz VDI | True Joy Inside | EDIT: Sold

Quote:
So, after 11 Yrs, 1 month, 8 days and covering 116060 Kms, its finally time to bid Goodbye to my reliable and faithful Ritzy. Still 0 Rattles in a Maruti Suzuki after 11 Yrs. of Ownership. Can you believe that. The Ritz Build Quality is unlike any other Maruti. I feel i got a good deal of 2.30L.

Mods, please feel free to update the Title of the Thread and Close it.
Congratulations, safe drive and about time to change the DP.
xotiq is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2024, 07:38   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotiq View Post
Congratulations, safe drive and about time to change the DP.
Thank you. Will do for sure. Just took Delivery yesterday.
Old 14th February 2024, 18:32   #42
BHPian

Quote:
So, after 11 Yrs, 1 month, 8 days and covering 116060 Kms, its finally time to bid Goodbye to my reliable and faithful Ritzy. Still 0 Rattles in a Maruti Suzuki after 11 Yrs. of Ownership. Can you believe that. The Ritz Build Quality is unlike any other Maruti.
Many congratulations @abhi3284. Very good choice. I am also fellow Ritz vdi owner and my ride is currently 10 years 4 months 14 days old with odo standing at 123500 plus kms. I can easily relate to your feelings about Ritz. I have plans to continue with Ritz till next year April
CarWorld is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed