Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2013, 11:26   #31
BHPian

re: It's a VW Vento (Petrol Highline AT). EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Here you go.. Noopster's ownership thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...new-shoes.html
It was pretty comprehensive. But after going through the same I am a bit skeptical about keeping Vento AT as an option for my next purchase .
Old 11th May 2013, 12:50   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry for not updating this thread frequently, but as mentioned above, this car is mainly used by my wife, and driven by her driver - so updates are naturally going to be few and far between.

Its been just over 4 months since we bought the car, and we have covered almost 3,900 km in this period. The overall experience has been fine - no problems (touch wood), and the car is definitely good to drive. My wife is delighted with it, and much happier to drive it herself even in peak hour traffic than she was with the Getz we had before this. Overall fuel economy has been about 8.1 kmpl, and the ~ Rs. 37,000 worth of petrol used is all we have spent on the car so far.

Based on our experience so far, we can definitely recommend this car to one and all.
Old 23rd May 2013, 18:32   #33
BHPian

Hi,

Brilliant write up so far. Thank you for doing so. I am contemplating buying Vento 1.6 AT Petrol and the new Polo GT. Do you have any thoughts about them.

The main difference is obviously the boot, which as important it may be for few occasions, is not a deal breaker imo. I like the sound of the new engine in GT which supposedly gives the same torque as Vento and combination of a 7 speed DSG gearbox. Will be test driving both when the dealership confirms availability.

My current car is the 1st gen Honda City 1.5 vtec, which is beautiful machine but 13 years old. Still runs well and gives between 10-13 avg, but is more prone to small glitches.

any advice.
click is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2013, 23:22   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by click View Post
Hi,

Brilliant write up so far. Thank you for doing so. I am contemplating buying Vento 1.6 AT Petrol and the new Polo GT. Do you have any thoughts about them.
I have not test driven the new Polo GT, and hence can't comment based on personal experience on how the engine and gearbox combination feels. However, based on my experience with my other car (a Skoda Superb 1.8 TSi) which uses the same gearbox as the Polo GT, I can say that the performance that you get will be better than what is promised by the peak power and torque figures on paper - the Superb for example feels much better to drive than the Accord, even though it produces materially less peak power.

If you drive yourself, and have another car with a boot, I think the Polo GT makes eminent sense. Having moved from a Getz to the Vento, we do miss the park anywhere flexibility that a hatch back offers. If you are tall and use the rear seat frequently however, the Vento may make more sense as the Polo has materially less rear seat leg room than the Vento. Do test both before buying and let me know what your views are.
Hayek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2013, 12:42   #35
BHPian

Test Drive Update:

1. Vento 1.6 AT: Really impressed with the quality of interiors and the black headlights add to the look. Its not a power car especially comparing it to my old Honda City vtec, but its a great family sedan with all the bells and whistles required. Impressed with the smoothness of 'D' mode in transmission and the pickup of 'S' mode. Yes it has a sports mode . But what impressed me the most is the triptonic. responsive and gives me a reason to smile since i am manual transmission fan. Hayek as already penciled-in the plus points of the car. What is missing in the current model is the anti-theft motion sensor and the 'Navigation system & rear view camera' are optional rather then standard for Highline. They have upgraded the music system to RCD 320, which has inbuilt usb, sd card and Aux. The ride is smooth and sports mode gives the extra push whenever required. I reckon it will be handy while overtaking on the highway.

2. Polo GT: If i was impressed by the sports mode in Vento, the DSG gearbox blew me off in this little rocket. In a nutshell its a drivers car. Not meant for backseat passengers as they are an after thought. Nearly the same feature set as the Vento, maybe a little less comfort as its designed to look sporty and performance oriented. I took the test drive after the vento and was completely smitten by the drive-ability and power when required.

3. Vento 1.6 Highline Petrol Manual: After a weak, today i took the manual out for a spin. Felt a lot more familiar since i prefer manual, car seemed more in my control and responsive. The equipment and rest of the features are same as the AT, so only difference i can point out is that gearbox was little more responsive then AT and its a 100 thousand cheaper.

My need is to eventually replace my old trusted and much loved 13 year old City vtec which is finally showing few signs of aging. So the car should be comfortable for the family in daily run and good enough for 2-3 'out of station' trips per year. This ruled out Polo GT as backseat leg room is not the best and lack of a boot would be hamper (i know i know!!). Too bad as it is definitely a better car to drive. Would recommend it to a young couple or as a second car.

In my case, parents played an important role in decision making as they would be using it more than I would. As far as the Vento is concerned, even though manual is more responsive, i am leaning towards AT since it will be driven primarily in Bombay traffic and triptonic does make up to some extent for the lack of manual. Ruling out diesel as daily running is hardly 25-35 kms (workplace is 15mins max).

Current offer from dealers is 'insurance free' and one of them offered rear view camera with the purchase. Don't know if i should book it or wait for next months offers?
Old 30th May 2013, 19:53   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
Overall fuel economy has been about 8.1 kmpl,
Hey Hayek, from reading your thread, i suppose usage of the car will be similar to yours. peak hours travelling but albeit shorter trips. Can you tell me how is the mileage now? I am contemplating between manual and AT. I like AT for peace of mind in Bombay traffic but am tempted for manual thinking about the fuel expenditure savings, i.e. if they are substantial.
Old 30th May 2013, 20:16   #37
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Hayek, albeit a little late in the day. Nice to see you enjoying the VW. Now you have two babies from the same mother. Keep updating...
dkaile is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2013, 22:34   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Hey Hayek, from reading your thread, i suppose usage of the car will be similar to yours. peak hours travelling but albeit shorter trips. Can you tell me how is the mileage now?.
As mentioned a few posts ago, average mileage so far is about 8 kmpl. Automatics are very sensitive to how you drive - my wife says that she gets about 1 kmpl more mileage on days she drives compared to what our driver delivers.
Old 3rd June 2013, 17:05   #39
BHPian

Zeroed in on Vento AT. Now shopping around for the best deals. Hopefully should book within a week or so.
Old 3rd June 2013, 19:37   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Zeroed in on Vento AT. Hopefully should book within a week or so.
Congrats and best of luck. Trust you don't have a horrendous experience waiting for delivery like I did. Once you get the car, based on my experience so far, you will like it.
Old 12th June 2013, 07:44   #41
BHPian

Update: booked black AT @ VW Downtown at Hughes Rd. Delivery in 3 weeks. Time to go through all vento threads.

Hayek did you have a PDI list? Any advice on what to look out for.
Old 12th June 2013, 19:41   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Update: booked black AT @ VW Downtown at Hughes Rd. Delivery in 3 weeks. Time to go through all vento threads

Hayek did you have a PDI list? Any advice on what to look out for.
Don't have a list but you should use the standard Team BHP PDI list. Only advice I would give you is to keep following up on delivery time - if you are not proactive, you could end up with a long wait.
Old 27th June 2013, 17:28   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Don't have a list but you should use the standard Team BHP PDI list. Only advice I would give you is to keep following up on delivery time - if you are not proactive, you could end up with a long wait.
You were not kidding on delivery schedule.. 2 weeks after the booking, the salesperson says he has not received any information about the car. This is after constant follow up. He expects a word in by 30th of the month.

I want the car, but if i don't get a confirmation of any sorts by first week of next month, will probably threaten him with cancellation.

Linea TJet has been recently relaunched and even though she is a cheaper car, she is better-equipped with certain feature sets which shoudl be standard at this price point. eg. Linea has the 'blue & me' bluetooth phone integration technology which is quite advanced, while vento has basic functionality of phone integration.

Last edited by click : 27th June 2013 at 17:30. Reason: updated info
Old 6th July 2013, 12:00   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

You were not kidding on delivery schedule.. 2 weeks after the booking, the salesperson says he has not received any information about the car. This is after constant follow up. He expects a word in by 30th of the month.
Hi Click, any update on delivery of your Vento? Do keep me posted. My car is doing well so far - approaching 5000 Km now with no major issues.
Old 7th July 2013, 11:34   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Click, any update on delivery of your Vento? Do keep me posted. My car is doing well so far - approaching 5000 Km now with no major issues.
Hi Hayek,

Am promised the car around 20th. the dealer should get his hands on her by 15th. Am busy going through various detailing threads, as maintaining the colour will be a challenge. Anyways new offers are due tomorrow from vw for this month, hopefully i can get some more benefits before the delivery.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks