Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2013, 12:00   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Achtung! My Blue Blooded Berliner, the VW Vento! 5000 kms update

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Congrats on the car! This is absolutely the most stunning color on a Vento I guess.
True. Now this color seem to be available in Polo and the Pepper gray of Polo in Vento too.

Cheers!
Old 4th February 2013, 12:07   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
True. Now this color seem to be available in Polo and the Pepper gray of Polo in Vento too.

Cheers!
To be frank, I did NOT like the shadow blue Polo (seen in pics). Likewise, I am not sure I am gonna like the pepper grey Vento! Trying to visualize, may change my opinion once I see the pics or in person.
Old 4th February 2013, 16:22   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on the car! This is absolutely the most stunning color on a Vento I guess. We need more pics please! After seeing a lot of Rapid interior pics, this interior looks so beautiful in comparison.

Wish you miles of happy & safe motoring!
Thank you, Swiftnfurious. Could not agree more on the colour being the best of the bunch! Will put up some more pics by tomorrow, my phone's camera, despite being 8mp is not doing it any justice IMO so gonna lug the Canon out and try and get a nice photoshoot going!

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

Cheers!
Volkman, believe it or not, they are also gonna make the Vento available in the chocolate brown of the Passat as well as a shade of maroon. That's what one of the showroom guys told me when I went to get some pending paperwork completed.

If that is true, I'm sure those two colors will surge ahead of the SB as the best color for the Vento to be in. The passat looks gorgeous in choco brown and im sure it ll be just the same with the Vento if they do bring in the color!

Quote:
To be frank, I did NOT like the shadow blue Polo (seen in pics). Likewise, I am not sure I am gonna like the pepper grey Vento! Trying to visualize, may change my opinion once I see the pics or in person.
The SB in the Polo comes across as trying too hard IMHO! (it could also be the need to see this color as a Vento exclusive one talking)

But I did see the vento in Pepper Grey in the showroom and it's actually quite brilliant. Of course, while its brilliant, it's not as brilliant as the shadow blue!
Old 5th February 2013, 13:01   #19
BHPian

Congrats joey645. Nice crisp report!

Yes, I have seen very few blue Vento's in Bangalore but the numbers are surely increasing!

How do you like the ride at city speeds ? What about brake feel ?

You will get used to the hard clutch but it will still be a chore to drive in bumper-to-bumper traffic.

To operate the hand brake, put your hand around the center arm rest rather than below the arm rest. This is convenient and I no longer consider this an ergonomic failure.

Last edited by pc73 : 5th February 2013 at 13:03.
pc73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2013, 14:27   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc73 View Post
Congrats joey645. Nice crisp report!

Yes, I have seen very few blue Vento's in Bangalore but the numbers are surely increasing!

You will get used to the hard clutch but it will still be a chore to drive in bumper-to-bumper traffic.

To operate the hand brake, put your hand around the center arm rest rather than below the arm rest. This is convenient and I no longer consider this an ergonomic failure.
Thanks buddy.
I hope it doesn't. The lower the nos, the more exclusive it feels

The ride is super smooth and the brakes are amazing, it gives me the confidence that if I want it to stop, it will darn well stop! The only thing about the ride that I need to get used to is when you're crawling in second gear and the turbo suddenly kicks in. I almost s*at myself the first time that happened!

As for the hand brake, I did just that after realizing the problem! The only problem to that method was that my passenger thought I was being frisky!
Old 5th February 2013, 19:25   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey645 View Post
Mileage wise, nothing sensational yet. It's currently giving me a mileage of 12.0 km/l. Having said that, I've done just 60 km at the time of writing this so maybe there's hope for me yet. Haven't seen the superb mileage that I've read on other owners' reviews thus far.
I never got less than 16 even on city with AC on. How is that for a review. With a light foot on highway 22 is not difficult.

Quote:
My choice too was the shadow Blue. But my dad was against it. But trust me I saw an ill maintained Shadow blue Vento (With Dents & Dust). Trust me, nothing looks worse that that.
Shadow blue is a great colour but needs to be maintained dilligently.

Quote:
Bang on question.
City speed ride is pretty harsh. But that is a compromise you need to make for handling. In city my Beat rides lot-lot-lot better.
I dont like the brake feel at all. It needs too much input. Feels wooden. ABS cuts in too early. I aint satisfied. Feels similar to my Palio.

Last edited by oxyzen : 5th February 2013 at 19:33.
Old 5th February 2013, 19:39   #22
BHPian

Congrats and a nice summary of your purchase experience. You got a sweet deal ! The torque is indeed amazing ! As for shadow blue, I like it better than pepper grey. I checked it out and it felt dull and gloomy just a personal opinion I am sure, others feel different ! wish you many happy miles !
stringbh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2013, 16:19   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
I never got less than 16 even on city with AC on. How is that for a review. With a light foot on highway 22 is not difficult.

My choice too was the shadow Blue. But my dad was against it. But trust me I saw an ill maintained Shadow blue Vento (With Dents & Dust). Trust me, nothing looks worse that that.
Shadow blue is a great colour but needs to be maintained dilligently.

Bang on question.
City speed ride is pretty harsh. But that is a compromise you need to make for handling. In city my Beat rides lot-lot-lot better.
I dont like the brake feel at all. It needs too much input. Feels wooden. ABS cuts in too early. I aint satisfied. Feels similar to my Palio.
Mileage: You're a lucky so and so of a so and so. Now, stop rubbing it in.

The color: Could not agree more. An absolute dust magnet, but worth it when you see her sparkling!

Ride: I actually find the ride and brakes way better than most of it's class. And I tested them all. So maybe you need to visit your service guys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringbh View Post
Congrats and a nice summary of your purchase experience. You got a sweet deal !

The torque is indeed amazing ! As for shadow blue, I like it better than pepper grey. I checked it out and it felt dull and gloomy just a personal opinion I am sure, others feel different ! wish you many happy miles !
Thanks buddy! yeah, the finance worked out nothing short of awesome
I loved the pepper grey, heh. But yeah, the shadow blue's the best way to go on the Vento!

Last edited by joey645 : 6th February 2013 at 16:21.
Old 6th February 2013, 23:07   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mileage: You're a lucky so and so of a so and so. Now, stop rubbing it in.

Quote:
Ride: I actually find the ride and brakes way better than most of it's class. And I tested them all. So maybe you need to visit your service guys?
City ride is pretty stiff. It is stiffer than the cars I have driven extensively. (Palio, Swift, Beat, Zen). That is some thing I can live with.

But the major problem lies somewhere else. You have to really slow down for rough roads. For bad roads nothing beats the Palio. Yes It does have quite a bit more body roll than the Vento, but then I hardly apply brakes even when I see a crater. The Vento just crashes. The Beat feels Completely underdamped- like a Horse. And the Swift rattles like hell.

I have said before, I like the handling of hatches a lot more than Sedans. 4 wheels at 4 corners of the car. PERFECT.

For the Brakes, Will let the service guys take a look at it.
Old 7th February 2013, 11:44   #25
BHPian

Quote:
I have to agree here and not too many Vento owners seem to consider this as a problem. As I mentioned in my ownership thread, I don't like the feel of the brakes though they seem do the job - one is never sure about the amount of pressure to apply.

Quote:
City ride is pretty stiff. It is stiffer than the cars I have driven extensively. (Palio, Swift, Beat, Zen). That is some thing I can live with.
Again I have to agree. Low speed ride is not best though at highway speeds the car handles rough patches quite well. I recently reduced the tyre pressure to 32 psi (was using 34 psi as recommended by Michelin dealer) and there is a dramatic improvement in low speed city ride. It feels lot better now - no more hopping and jumping over rough patches and speed breakers; also the thud from rear suspension when going over speed breakers has significantly reduced. I guess 30 psi at rear (when the rear seats are unoccupied) will feel much better, but since I am using Michelins, I would not go below 32 psi.
Old 7th February 2013, 13:27   #26
BHPian

Quote:
:P i'll get there, and when I do we shall have a bragging contest!

Quote:

But the major problem lies somewhere else. You have to really slow down for rough roads. For bad roads nothing beats the Palio. Yes It does have quite a bit more body roll than the Vento, but then I hardly apply brakes even when I see a crater. The Vento just crashes. The Beat feels Completely underdamped- like a Horse. And the Swift rattles like hell.

I have said before, I like the handling of hatches a lot more than Sedans. 4 wheels at 4 corners of the car. PERFECT.

For the Brakes, Will let the service guys take a look at it.
Dunno man, I still think the drive quality is pretty fantastic. And I tend to drive roughshod over most craters and am yet to hear the thuds that most vento owners complain about!

Quote:
I have to agree here and not too many Vento owners seem to consider this as a problem. As I mentioned in my ownership thread, I don't like the feel of the brakes though they seem do the job - one is never sure about the amount of pressure to apply.

Again I have to agree. Low speed ride is not best though at highway speeds the car handles rough patches quite well. I recently reduced the tyre pressure to 32 psi (was using 34 psi as recommended by Michelin dealer) and there is a dramatic improvement in low speed city ride. It feels lot better now - no more hopping and jumping over rough patches and speed breakers; also the thud from rear suspension when going over speed breakers has significantly reduced. I guess 30 psi at rear (when the rear seats are unoccupied) will feel much better, but since I am using Michelins, I would not go below 32 psi.
PC73, you're right in the sense that the brakes don't seem to have a sweet spot to act as your measure of how much further pressure to apply. But having said that, it does what it's supposed to do - which is stop the vehicle from barreling onwards. And I think it does that pretty brilliantly. But that's just me

I switched to 32psi the day I took delivery, so never had any issues with hopping rough patches.

Also, I'm still going through my honeymoon phase with her, so it doesn't feel like apart of cosmetic annoyances, she can do anything wrong. Give me some more time and we ll see if I join the club
Old 7th February 2013, 15:30   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Also, I'm still going through my honeymoon phase with her, so it doesn't feel like apart of cosmetic annoyances, she can do anything wrong. Give me some more time and we ll see if I join the club
Ha! Ha! I did not see the low speed ride quality or brakes as an issue until I had covered about 2K Kms. Till then all the good things of the car had masked these issues. Will wait :-)
Old 7th February 2013, 15:36   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Ha! Ha! I did not see the low speed ride quality or brakes as an issue until I had covered about 2K Kms. Till then all the good things of the car had masked these issues. Will wait :-)
Well, i just crossed my 100th km this morning.. so that's a long way to go unless I get out on the highway one of these weekends.

The one thing that does get on my nerves every single time I step into the car is the dummy bluetooth button on the steering wheel. I checked with VW about installing the new 320HU on my car as a seperate piece but they don't have any in stock. But what they have offered to do is to give me details of how to order the new HU directly from VW germany. Am contemplating it, although slightly worried about the customs and taxes that will inevitably be slapped upon me the moment it reaches our shores!
Old 7th February 2013, 16:10   #29
BHPian

Quote:
The one thing that does get on my nerves every single time I step into the car is the dummy bluetooth button on the steering wheel. I checked with VW about installing the new 320HU on my car as a seperate piece but they don't have any in stock. But what they have offered to do is to give me details of how to order the new HU directly from VW germany. Am contemplating it, although slightly worried about the customs and taxes that will inevitably be slapped upon me the moment it reaches our shores!
Joey! If I were you, I wouldn't go in for this upgrade. The RCN 320 doesn't have the reverse sensor radar that you're current RCD 310 has.

I too feel the same about the Bluetooth, but from what I hear, VW are developing a Bluetooth add-on specifically for Indian Vento & Polo. I'm hoping against hope that this would become a reality in the next couple of months.
speed kills is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2013, 16:10   #30
BHPian

Congrats on your car; blue is a fantastic colour!

I have a different question for you however. :-)

Quote:
Honda Civic:[/b] What’s not to love about it? And to sweeten the deal, Honda was offering a substantial discount on it and brought the on road price to 12 Lacs.
Which dealer in Bangalore offered this? Was it on the VMT model?

Thanks in advance!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks