Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2013, 20:16   #46
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Quanto C6 - Initial Owners Report

Did a weekend trip to pondicherry to attend to my friend's grahapravesh in lawspet. Did the Tindivanam onward and took the ECR on the return, The amazing thing was the drive on ECR in the midst of heavy rain and extremely high wind speeds of 80 to 100 km. The quanto was amazingly stable with no drag at all. Its weight was for once a great plus. I had driven through another cyclone a couple of years back in my city and it really swayed in the wind. On this trip I Could maintain consistent speeds of 80 to 90 km and got a mileage of 15.6 kmpl.Usually I get a mileage of 18 on my highway trips, wonder if it is due to the high wind resistance through out my 2 hour trip?
vipinendran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2014, 20:17   #47
BHPian

Update on the car. At 13k km now, the car is smoother now, the gear shifts quite neat now. The engine vibrations that i reported around 1200 to 1500 rpm has almost disappeared. I say almost as it is still there but no longer bothersome.

I got a call from Sireesh auto that Mahindra is fixing some thing around the suspension (basically a recall) and that was done yesterday. The good part was that the car was collected from my office and dropped off after the work, and i was charged 0 amount. Not all recalls are that smooth as far as i have seen and heard.

Mileage as of now in city is about 14 to 15.
deep_bang is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th February 2014, 18:20   #48
BHPian

Yes deep_bang surely a very smooth recall, my friend had a tough time with his hyundai i10 recall a couple of years back for steering ratlling issue. Any more details about what the Quanto recall ?Does it apply to any particular set of VINos. or a general one applicable to all quantos? Do let me know.
Old 17th February 2014, 09:16   #49

Same question as vipinendran: If recall is applicable to all Quantos? (Any info from Dealer/ Service Center). Was the replacement, against any complaint or was it a proactive drive from Mahindra?

Quanto now comes with reclining and foldable 2nd row seats.
Any idea,
1. if older seats could be replaced.
2. Does Mahindra offer second row seat as a spare part?
3. if available in market, how much it could be to upgrade seats in older versions.
Old 19th February 2014, 16:23   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipinendran View Post
Yes deep_bang surely a very smooth recall, my friend had a tough time with his hyundai i10 recall a couple of years back for steering ratlling issue. Any more details about what the Quanto recall ?Does it apply to any particular set of VINos. or a general one applicable to all quantos? Do let me know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver_Bee View Post
Same question as vipinendran: If recall is applicable to all Quantos? (Any info from Dealer/ Service Center). Was the replacement, against any complaint or was it a proactive drive from Mahindra?

Quanto now comes with reclining and foldable 2nd row seats.
Any idea,
1. if older seats could be replaced.
2. Does Mahindra offer second row seat as a spare part?
3. if available in market, how much it could be to upgrade seats in older versions.
I don't know if it is applicable to all Quantos or not. Even the people who answered the phone were not telling much about what "exactly" is being replaced. They just said they are going to check the suspension and make sure everything is alright.

Anyway, drive-wise, I don't see a difference yet. It handles the same.

About the Yoga seats, I think I saw someone posting in the Official Quanto review thread that it is available for about 30k at a Mahindra center.
deep_bang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2014, 17:48   #51
jp1
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
About the Yoga seats, I think I saw someone posting in the Official Quanto review thread that it is available for about 30k at a Mahindra center.
Yes, Sireesh quoted 30k for Yoga seats
jp1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th May 2014, 23:41   #52
BHPian

New update: There was a humming sound which used to progressively increase with speed, usually heard after a few kms of driving.

Checked with Mahindra, and they diagnosed it as a bearing issue. This bearing is apparently somewhere on the shaft that connects the gearbox to the differential. Was repaired under warranty and I had a good experience from the service point of view.

One can question about why did the bearing fail in the first place - on a 15 k run car. But I believe that an odd failure is quite acceptable, as long as the service is good making us trust the company's ability to troubleshoot and fix the problem.
Old 19th June 2014, 12:28   #53
Senior - BHPian

deeb_bang - what is the mileage you get? I own a Mahindra Quanto C4, in the city it gives 12, and on highways it is fluctuating between 12-14 km/lit. I have covered around 19,000km already.
Old 24th June 2014, 21:56   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
deeb_bang - what is the mileage you get? I own a Mahindra Quanto C4, in the city it gives 12, and on highways it is fluctuating between 12-14 km/lit. I have covered around 19,000km already.
I am getting between 13 and 14 in the city and around 16 to 20 on highways. If I drive nicely between 80-90kmph, I get around 19 and if I rip the car at 100+ over majority of the streches, it reduces to 16.

12 to 14 on highway is a little low in my opinion, but how are you calculating and what does the fuel consumption display show?
Old 25th June 2014, 11:38   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am getting between 13 and 14 in the city and around 16 to 20 on highways. If I drive nicely between 80-90kmph, I get around 19 and if I rip the car at 100+ over majority of the streches, it reduces to 16.

12 to 14 on highway is a little low in my opinion, but how are you calculating and what does the fuel consumption display show?
I rely on an Android based application. It calculates the mile age based on the KM travelled. Each time fill up fuel, I provide the date, the fuel quantity and price and the Odo meter value. I have highlighted this to the Dealer as well. Even they feel that things may not be so bad. They have promised me a verification when I give for the service next.

Yes, to be frank I do go at around 100-110km on majority of the stretches. My long drives are essentially between Kerala and Karnataka using the tolled express highway.
Old 3rd December 2015, 06:43   #56
BHPian

With the 30k service coming up another event that happened is that both the headlamps are gone - only the low beams.

I suspect that there is something wrong with the alternator. Any thoughts?

Is it better to service the alternator at mahindra or is there a better place? I stay in Bangalore.
Old 17th December 2015, 13:50   #57
BHPian

Quote:
With the 30k service coming up another event that happened is that both the headlamps are gone - only the low beams.

I suspect that there is something wrong with the alternator. Any thoughts?

Is it better to service the alternator at mahindra or is there a better place? I stay in Bangalore.
Hi deep_bang, How are you buddy? Did you resolve the alternator issue? How is your Quanto doing? I have finished around 23k kms and 3 years, the usage has reduced a lot in the past one year, due to frequent official travel and less in the quanto. Planning to do a long time ownership thread on the quanto? let me also see if I can come up with one this weekend
Old 17th December 2015, 14:44   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipinendran View Post
Hi deep_bang, How are you buddy? Did you resolve the alternator issue? How is your Quanto doing? I have finished around 23k kms and 3 years, the usage has reduced a lot in the past one year, due to frequent official travel and less in the quanto. Planning to do a long time ownership thread on the quanto? let me also see if I can come up with one this weekend
Well. I had given the car for service (at 33k) and they mentioned that there is no problem with the alternator. This surprised me - cause - what are the chances that both head lights fuse in a short period of time? They just changed the bulbs.

So, this is still under observation right now. As far as i know, typical alternator issues show up as lights becoming too dim/bright, bulbs fusing etc. Till now have not seen any such signs apart from the headlamps fusing.

Will update on this thread if something new happens!! Till then - Observation time!!

Yup - please do post your ownership experience. You never may realize, but the information shared is very valuable for other owners!

Last edited by deep_bang : 17th December 2015 at 14:45.
deep_bang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 09:27   #59
BHPian

Hi deep_bang, How is your quanto going? Must be nearly 5 years of ownership isnt it. Mine is now nearly five years and around 37k, the reduced running due to addition of another car in our family and my long trips out of station for official work. Would love to hear from you buddy.
Old 13th February 2019, 16:33   #60
Senior - BHPian

5 years & 1,35,000 kms my Quanto C4 is toast. In Sep 2018 the vehicle started giving engine troubles. Low pulling power, and thick black some from the exhaust.

The Mahindra folks came up with an estimate of Rs. 25,000+ to fix the engine ("de-carbonization" they said) and said that this *may* fix the issue. Not very convinced with that, I approached my friendly multi-brand workshop. What ever Mahidnra quoted Rs. 25K, these folks did it for 12K. But the problem persisted. Then we tried checking the sensors etc. But that also did not resolve the issue.

I thought of replacing this with a Mahindra TUV. But the delay in providing spare parts by Mahindra put me off. Plus their generall after sales service has been pretty poor (when compared to Maruti).

By December 2018, I said "enough is enough". Got the vehicle exchanged at Maruti TruValue and took a trusted Maruti Vitera Brezza. To be frank, I had no remorse when I saw the vehicle being taken away by the TruValue folks.

Mahindra Quanto, would always be a lesson in life for me. That, not to buy tried & tested vehicles. Ever since the vehicle gave me the problems in "Intercooler" etc. I had kind of lost my faith in the vehicle. Perhaps the old Indian concept of even mechanical things having a raasi/aishwaryam do seem to have a meaning.
sachinpk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed