Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2013, 08:55   #46
BHPian

Re: Love at first drive - The story of my Skoda Laura 1.8L TSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by arshjeet singh View Post
Dear Mr. Shreyas Aterkar,
thanks a lot for sharing your experience, its very descriptive & delightful to read.

i have a request to make with folded hands, please do not put the spoiler, it physically hurts when i think of that drill machine going in the boot-lid to make provision(s) for mounting that spoiler.
Thanks Arshjeet, good to know that you liked the review.

Well regarding the rear spoiler, I am not sure if the aftermarket ones will be stuck or screwed. If screwed then might not go for this accessory. Whatever be the case, this is not in the top priority list for sure.

A small update:
I had not yet taken the car out only for enjoying the drive, I mostly took it out for getting some work done or going to office and in turn enjoyed the beast. However, on Sunday, I thought would go out only to enjoy the drive, feel the engine revv. It was a short drive of around 50 kms but with it being a Sunday could drive 50 kms at an average speeed of 60 kmph. Went to worli and back to Goregaon. Took the sea link and it felt amazing, revved it on this stretch, 2nd gear 6.5k rpm, it was an amazing feeling, just loved the way it accelerated in all the gears and it felt so stable. This beast has an amazing ability to mask speeds, you feel so secure. Just one grouse, the engine is pretty silent, there is a mild hum, a sweet sound when you revv, but would have been icing on the cake, if this sound was slightly louder.

On tar roads, there is no noise, sometimes I just switch the music system off, to enjoy this silence, you feel as if you are gliding. I feel the ride quality is much better than the inital days, may be because I have filled the tyres with Nitrogen filled or earlier I was being over critical.

One more small update on the 3D Kagu mats - I haven't uploaded any pics with the mats on, what you see in the review are the mats provided by Skoda as standard accessory. These are carpet like mats and I really liked them. However, when I put the 3D mats on them, I felt my left foot was touching the part of the mat that in on the dead pedal when I was pressing the clutch. This was annoying, so I had to remove the carpet mats and then put on the 3D mats. Its better now. The 3D mats look good but the carpet mats look better, I am wondering if I should have gone with the 3M mats. Will keep an eye on the same and see if my feeling changes once I get used to the 3D mats.
Old 7th March 2013, 22:02   #47
BHPian

Brilliant post! Loved reading it, especially because the Laura is my love too and i hope they keep it on the shelves till i earn enough to buy one. Thats quite improbable though because I'm still doing my first year of engineering. :P
Congratulations on buying my dream car , drive safe!
arjun18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2013, 09:10   #48
BHPian

Thanks arjun! You will surely buy one soon, don't worry.

Well, about my love, I am really sad to report (with a very very heavy heart) that I might have to sell the car as I may be relocating to UK for 2-3 years (I have posted for the expected value of the car in the used thread as well).

Thought would post it here to get fellow members view.
Old 22nd April 2013, 23:53   #49
BHPian

Today, I am writing this post with a very heavy heart, the love at first sight did not last very long. Sold my car today, delivered it to her new home with a hope that they will keep her as passionately as I did and I would have.
Old 2nd May 2013, 22:00   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Aterkar View Post
Today, I am writing this post with a very heavy heart, the love at first sight did not last very long. Sold my car today, delivered it to her new home with a hope that they will keep her as passionately as I did and I would have.
Sad to hear you had to part with the car; So you had an upgrade?

I just love this car, and my company is offering up one from its fleet, a white Ambiente 1.8 TSI, 10k on the odo, for 7L. How I wish I had the cash!! I mean, it is not everyday you get such deals.
Old 3rd May 2013, 00:25   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wantarangerover View Post
Sad to hear you had to part with the car; So you had an upgrade?

I just love this car, and my company is offering up one from its fleet, a white Ambiente 1.8 TSI, 10k on the odo, for 7L. How I wish I had the cash!! I mean, it is not everyday you get such deals.
Not an upgrade for me, the car was just 5 months old. I have relocate to UK for about 3 yrs so it did not make sense to keep the car here without using it so sold it.

7 lakhs for 10k- looks like a good deal. Whats the date of manufacturing and no accidents yet right?
Old 3rd May 2013, 08:17   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Aterkar View Post

Shreyas, I did see your classified posting. Yeah.. it must have been difficult. But look at it as a small break before you buy a even more love-able car man!. Yes.. I am sure the new home will treat you just the way you did. Very fact that the purchases decided to go with TSI makes me feel he too loves great cars.
Old 5th May 2013, 01:05   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyboy View Post
Shreyas, I did see your classified posting. Yeah.. it must have been difficult. But look at it as a small break before you buy a even more love-able car man!. Yes.. I am sure the new home will treat you just the way you did. Very fact that the purchases decided to go with TSI makes me feel he too loves great cars.
It was very difficult to let go the car, but there was no choice, it wouldn't have been practical to keep it here. Yes and I concur & hope that my next buy would be as much a darling as this was. I heard that the new owner is going to pamper the car with stanley leather & caska head unit.

Most Viewed