Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2013, 21:46   #31
BHPian

Re: Windy, Cloudy & Finally a Storme

Congratulations Fortuner71! The beast looks smashing and I wish you many happy miles ahead!

Test drove the Vx last week and was impressed by the brakes and the suspension. Good to note that in real life as well the case is the same. Pleasantly surprised by your first servicing experience. Hope it continues!
Old 17th February 2013, 08:59   #32
BHPian

Completed 2000 km , no issues or niggles so far , the gear shifts have got smoother 😃. Enjoying the beast .
Fortuner71 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2013, 09:40   #33
BHPian

If you have driven the Storme over broken/bad/pot holed roads; How is the ride quality @ low speeds (around 20-30 km/hr)? Is the body roll pronounced over the sharp turns and tight roundabouts?
Old 17th February 2013, 19:44   #34
Senior - BHPian

Geet, Congratulations. After I spoke to you u, I went over the weekend to drive the storme. As it was an unscheduled visit I was given only a 10 min drive. After which I came back having mixed reactions. I need to take it on open roads to get a feel. The SA at concorde promised I will get a longish drive sometime next month as I am away from town.

The A2DP does not work? In this age making customers use the AUX cable is a sin.

Do post more pictures, and any experiences in engaging 4x4. Also as other than cost and rear discs what else is a differenciating factor between Storme and Fortuner?

Have a safe and pleasurable time with the Storme.

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 17th February 2013 at 19:46.
Old 17th February 2013, 21:05   #35
Senior - BHPian

Many congratulations Fortuner !. Its a real envy that you get to keep munching so many miles each week. Here's wishing you lakhs of safe miles on the new Storme. I own a Safari and i know what it feels like driving this giant on the road
Old 17th February 2013, 22:51   #36
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Fortuner, you are indeed fortunate. I am no fan of beasts, I loved the City in front. Here's hoping you will have the same ownership experience on this one. Please tell me you are keeping the beauty.
Old 18th February 2013, 15:17   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover
Please tell me you are keeping the beauty
yes i am keeping it for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806
Do post more pictures, and any experiences in engaging 4x4. Also as other than cost and rear discs what else is a differenciating factor between Storme and Fortuner?
4x4 not engaged so far have been doing mysore , bangalore 3 times a week and seting up house in mysore so did not find time to venture out , planned some trips to coorg and masinagudi will try to engage 4x4 soon and post experience .

The drive mayank in the storme is very composed , drive them both and see the difference. There is no drama even during hard braking in the storme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok
If you have driven the Storme over broken/bad/pot holed roads; How is the ride quality @ low speeds (around 20-30 km/hr)? Is the body roll pronounced over the sharp turns and tight roundabouts?
The ride quality is OK at that speeds , there is obviously certain body roll but well under control but the storme soaks them all up easily. On sharp turns and roundabouts , no issues but i do take turns slowly not like i do in my city .
Fortuner71 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2013, 23:06   #38
BHPian

Completed a round trip of mysore - pudhucherry , a total of 1100 km in 3 days . No issues reported . Went over some really bad patches of road ,constantly used AC all through cabin was pleasant and cool for all passengers. Overall a comfortable journey , enjoying the beast . The ODO reading shows 3300 km now.
Fortuner71 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2013, 00:10   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortuner71 View Post
Completed a round trip of mysore - pudhucherry , a total of 1100 km in 3 days . No issues reported . Went over some really bad patches of road ,constantly used AC all through cabin was pleasant and cool for all passengers. Overall a comfortable journey , enjoying the beast . The ODO reading shows 3300 km now.
Any updates on FE though it's quite early?! Am sure you have had couple of fills?!
Old 24th February 2013, 10:34   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

Any updates on FE though it's quite early?! Am sure you have had couple of fills?!
The recent one gave me 14 .
Fortuner71 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2013, 16:33   #41
M35
BHPian

@Fortuner71. Congratulations on your black beast
A wonderful and honest initial review there.

Great to see that you are enjoying a niggle free initial ownership.The FE of 14km/l is great for this 4x4 variant as well.

Please post a few more pictures of the beast, both exterior and interior from different angles ?
Old 1st March 2013, 07:36   #42
BHPian

The ODO stands at 4200km after 1 month of niggle free satisfying ownership. I shall post pictures after the 2nd service due at 5000km .
Fortuner71 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2013, 09:07   #43
BHPian

Congratulation Fortuner.

Nice to see you enjoying your Real SUV with niggle free experience.

It seems TaMo had seriously worked upon this aspect while we all were cursing them for delaying the launch.
You are second case here on T-BHP. Navsangeet has clocked (niggle free) over 10K kms.

Wish you many happy & thrilling miles.
Old 1st March 2013, 12:17   #44
Senior - BHPian

Is the gront grille painted in this silver color in all versions or only the VX and EX?

I somehow recall the grille being black in the road test review versions as well as the terrapod cars.
Old 1st March 2013, 15:07   #45
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummer View Post
I have observed all TATA vehicles (most cars) have similar/typical looks in front grills, head lights, TATA Logo positioning, wheel arches etc which I didn't like. Even Aria has those characteristics. TATA has to come out of it. But Safari is an exception more so new Safari.
Every company has a "Family" look which they try to bring into all their cars - be it Hyundai, or Toyota or Honda or Merc, or BMW or Audi ....

The Manza, Vista, Nano & Aria are designed as per the latest company look, The Grande, Sumo, & Safari/Storme deviate from this family look significantly. Yes one cannot really image a Strome in the Company look so it is understandable that they deviate.

In the Long run if the current company look is not like by the people the company needs to come out with a newer look that they they incorporate in as many of their vehicles as possible.

in Hyundai, the i10 has a semi fuidic look that was then later brought in full force in the i20, New Verna, New Sonata, New Elantra and then even more so in the newer look i10 and though it kindoff looks a part of the family the current i10 is a better fit than the previous one and the next i10 is reported to fully follow it. Even the Santa Fe which was a bit different is not as the fluidic design in the latest international avatar.

This is a good Idea and TATA probably just needs to tweak their current Family look to be more in keeing with the times and maybe make the design a bit more edgy rather than soft and rounded.

But I guess the Storme and Grande do need to be kept out of this family look with some deviation, though there are some aspect (like vertical tail lights that are sort off common even now (sumo and Strome (not Grande))

Last edited by ACM : 1st March 2013 at 15:09.
ACM is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks