Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2013, 15:27   #46
BHPian

Re: Windy, Cloudy & Finally a Storme

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Every company has a "Family" look which they try to bring into all their cars - be it Hyundai, or Toyota or Honda or Merc, or BMW or Audi ....

The Manza, Vista, Nano & Aria are designed as per the latest company look, The Grande, Sumo, & Safari/Storme deviate from this family look significantly. Yes one cannot really image a Strome in the Company look so it is understandable that they deviate.

In the Long run if the current company look is not like by the people the company needs to come out with a newer look that they they incorporate in as many of their vehicles as possible.

in Hyundai, the i10 has a semi fuidic look that was then later brought in full force in the i20, New Verna, New Sonata, New Elantra and then even more so in the newer look i10 and though it kindoff looks a part of the family the current i10 is a better fit than the previous one and the next i10 is reported to fully follow it. Even the Santa Fe which was a bit different is not as the fluidic design in the latest international avatar.

This is a good Idea and TATA probably just needs to tweak their current Family look to be more in keeing with the times and maybe make the design a bit more edgy rather than soft and rounded.

But I guess the Storme and Grande do need to be kept out of this family look with some deviation, though there are some aspect (like vertical tail lights that are sort off common even now (sumo and Strome (not Grande))
Understood the family looks concept. No one carries family looks better than BMW, Mercedes and Audi’s IMO. They have been in the market from ages, but their legacy continues without any boring looks, every BMW looks fresh (even old ones). TATA and even Toyota have to seriously look back at their designs. Absolutely no design excellence in Camry/Corolla/Etios. Hyundais too didn’t have great design philosophy until they found their Fluidic showoff, right from EON till SONATA they got killer looks. I definitely give a lot of weightage for "looks" of the car too, it is the IMAGE.

Last edited by hummer : 1st March 2013 at 15:29.
Old 3rd March 2013, 21:28   #47
BHPian

Had been to the terrapod event in mysore today , amazed at the way the vehicle performs. Went through all the obstacles without a fuss . Finally had a chance to take my beast and did the whole course without a fuss 😃. 4x4 tested and tried thoroughly .
Fortuner71 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2013, 00:02   #48
BHPian

4x4 Storme performs very well. It is a great leap forward from earlier Safari.
rhandle is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2013, 12:53   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhandle View Post
4x4 Storme performs very well. It is a great leap forward from earlier Safari.
It is nice to hear praise for the 4X4 Storme from a person who owns the beast of ravines.

With recent the improvements in quality of Tata Cars, they can come out of the bad phase soon (of course with some product rejig), like what happened in Bajaj's case.

Last edited by CARDEEP : 4th March 2013 at 12:54.
CARDEEP is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2013, 13:24   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post

It is nice to hear praise for the 4X4 Storme from a person who owns the beast of ravines.

With recent the improvements in quality of Tata Cars, they can come out of the bad phase soon (of course with some product rejig), like what happened in Bajaj's case.
Yes glad I had him sitting next to me when I was driving 😃
Fortuner71 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2013, 13:42   #51
BANNED

Hi Fortuner,

The Storme definitely looks like the real deal. was wondering if you had a chance to take a spin around in congested city roads? I know it is primarily for your highway cruises. I did see a pretty good insulation in the engine bay, how well are the NVH levels controlled?
methecupid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2013, 14:23   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by methecupid View Post
Hi Fortuner,

The Storme definitely looks like the real deal. was wondering if you had a chance to take a spin around in congested city roads? I know it is primarily for your highway cruises. I did see a pretty good insulation in the engine bay, how well are the NVH levels controlled?
Yes I do drive around Bangalore roads somedays , Drives like a car , best part is the auto guys stay far 😄.The NVH levels are well controlled and I can still listen to my dire straits quite well.
Old 4th March 2013, 14:32   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortuner71 View Post
... , best part is the auto guys stay far ��.The NVH levels are well controlled and I can still listen to my dire straits quite well.
+1. I have had the pleasure of being given way by the usual culprits of our roads. And the NVH is very good.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2013, 10:56   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Yes glad I had him sitting next to me when I was driving 😃
The pleasure was all mine buddy. It was nice have you and your better half drive through all the obstacles and am sure you would have new found respect for the beast you own!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post

Buddy even I was skeptical. I had the chance to drive old safari and xenon on dunes for the Tata full throttle advertisement. The Storme but totally chanced my perception about the vehicle -Safari.

I have tested my Fortuner, a friends Pajero sport and Montero on the Terrapod. Montero was best but then it is worth three of these beast together.

Fortuner got stuck at articulation ramp. And Pajero had to be driven with momentum at articulation ramp, and staggered articulation obstacle. Whereas in Storme, with help of LSD the vehicle just sailed over the obstacles without any help from accelerator.

Quote:
Yes I do drive around Bangalore roads somedays , Drives like a car , best part is the auto guys stay far 😄.The NVH levels are well controlled and I can still listen to my dire straits quite well.
+1 drives like a car and NVH is excellent. At times you do not even feel the engine is in start position. Even after driving throughout the day in 4L there was no over heating. But please make sure you keep your rear away from auto, scooter or even cycle walahs. The lower part of bumper is made of very brittle plastic which just cracks :(
rhandle is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th March 2013, 11:02   #55
Senior - BHPian

+1 to the observation on the rear bumper, I have experienced the cracking first hand.

Quote:
+1 drives like a car and NVH is excellent. At times you do not even feel the engine is in start position. Even after driving throughout the day in 4L there was no over heating. But please make sure you keep your rear away from auto, scooter or even cycle walahs. The lower part of bumper is made of very brittle plastic which just cracks :(

Last edited by benbsb29 : 5th March 2013 at 15:41. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag.
Old 6th March 2013, 21:36   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
+1 to the observation on the rear bumper, I have experienced the cracking first hand.
Dont you have the older Safari? Did you experience the bumper to crack when hit by objects? That is surprising, because in my experience the plastic cladding of the Safari is really strong as an unfortunate I10 owner found out when he hit my rear bumper, finding out that his I10 bonnet, front fender simply crumpled like a tin can, and left a tiny paint loss patch on my bumper with no other damages...
Old 7th March 2013, 09:22   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post

Dont you have the older Safari? Did you experience the bumper to crack when hit by objects? That is surprising, because in my experience the plastic cladding of the Safari is really strong as an unfortunate I10 owner found out when he hit my rear bumper, finding out that his I10 bonnet, front fender simply crumpled like a tin can, and left a tiny paint loss patch on my bumper with no other damages...
Yes, I currently have the Safari GX, but I was talking about the rear bumper of the brand new Storme I got to drive to Goa, a friend in his 'All New' Honda City rear ended it at a traffic signal and the Storme bumper had a small tear.

Windy, Cloudy & Finally a Storme-image2685978301.jpg

This was the condition of the City

Windy, Cloudy & Finally a Storme-image3562923865.jpg

Last edited by Rehaan : 17th October 2013 at 15:08. Reason: Hi Luke, remember to avoid "ANHC" and other short form please. Thanks.
Old 8th March 2013, 15:02   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Yes, I currently have the Safari GX, but I was talking about the rear bumper of the brand new Storme I got to drive to Goa, a friend in his ANHC rear ended it at a traffic signal and the Storme bumper had a small tear.
Not unexpected looking at the condition of the ANHC bumper in the next photo. Although if I recall even the test Storme had a similar split in the bottom of the bumper.

Is this a separate piece fom the main bumper above (seems its there just to provide an enveloping cladding to the twin exhaists on both sides)? Would be interesting knowing how much it costs.
Old 8th March 2013, 15:13   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Is this a separate piece fom the main bumper above (seems its there just to provide an enveloping cladding to the twin exhaists on both sides)? Would be interesting knowing how much it costs.
Even if it didnt cost much by itself, it would not be available separately - you would need to get the full bumper itself
Old 8th March 2013, 16:13   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Even if it didnt cost much by itself, it would not be available separately - you would need to get the full bumper itself
Are you sure? I really does look like a separate piece which might have bolts below.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks