Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2013, 22:45   #16
BHPian

Re: The Silver Arrow: New VW Polo 1.2 Petrol CL

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
I am stuck in the same situation as you are. someone advise... I checked with a few car audio dealers in bangalore, and they assured me that changing only the speakers is good enough, and no one in the dealership will know about it..
The fact is factory speakers have no tweeters so you hear only boom boom sound. I have got only front speakers changed and change in sound quality is apparent. I have installed Diamond coaxes in front and have got improvement in treble.

I plan to change to RCD-310 to support iPod, only hitch is cumbersome wiring process for aux and USB.
mishraak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2013, 16:29   #17
Senior - BHPian

Many congratulations AKMishra for your "Silver Arrow".
The Polo is a much better car than your earlier i10.
As far as handling, high speed dynamics and ride quality is concerned, the i10 is nowhere near to the Polo. Take the Polo for a highway ride to enjoy it really.
I think you should follow the run in period and not rev the car too high during this period.
Wish you many happy miles with your new car.
Enjoy your ride and drive safely.

For the rear parking sensors and the HU, it is better to get the job done through the VW dealer. Otherwise you may risk your warranty.

Last edited by Sommos : 28th February 2013 at 16:30.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2013, 17:38   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishraak View Post
I am really now enjoying polo more than i10.. Sure Polo has started growing up on me. Now that I am becoming familiar with the car, my confidence is rising and ride is more free flowing now.
Hi Mishraak, having lost patience waiting for the Ford Eco-sport, i am now seriously looking at the Polo Highline variant. However i have a silly question (I guess its an easy answer but i just cant seem to think of anything), the car has a 15 inch alloy but the spare is a 14 inch steel wheel.

What do you do incase of a flat? can i drive with 3 tyres with 15 inch rims and 1 tyre with 14 inch steel alloy at the same time?
Old 20th March 2013, 23:28   #19
BHPian

Congrats for the Polo. Wish CL could also come with blackened headlamps. Looks really stunning. The roof rails also complement the sporty character of the VW.

@uraj: The profile of the 14incher is more than that of the 15 incher such that the outer dia pf both is approximately equal.
Utopian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2013, 10:23   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
Hi Mishraak, having lost patience waiting for the Ford Eco-sport, i am now seriously looking at the Polo Highline variant. However i have a silly question (I guess its an easy answer but i just cant seem to think of anything), the car has a 15 inch alloy but the spare is a 14 inch steel wheel.

What do you do incase of a flat? can i drive with 3 tyres with 15 inch rims and 1 tyre with 14 inch steel alloy at the same time?
I have checked my car, the spare is 15" as well. I also remember sales guy telling me that now spare on all models is 15".
Old 13th April 2013, 16:30   #21
BHPian

@mishraak: Hi, Congrats on your Polo! Looks all the more elegant in Silver.
Can you check the On-Road Price (without discounts and other things) (including registration, tax, etc) for the New Polo Trendline Petrol. Also, what colours are available in Trendline petrol model? Can I get a 'Pepper grey' coloured VW Polo TL Petrol in Delhi?Thanks.
Old 29th April 2013, 19:31   #22
BHPian

Congratulations mishraak on your Silver Arrow. Wishing you thousands of safe and happy miles on this car.

It is great that VW have plonked in the RCD320 music into the CL variant. What still bothers me is the lack of ABS and Airbags. They should make these features a standard on this variant. I would not care that much if they would have given the fog lamps and alloy wheels a miss in this variant.

Cheers
Old 7th October 2014, 21:50   #23
BHPian

hi Mishraak,
I am on the hunt for a premium hatch. List mainly figure polo CL, i20 asta, swift zxi, brio vx mt and also grand i10.
VW polo CL also has ABS n airbags, so difference between HL is mainly cosmetic and added luxury features like bluetooth etc.
I had a few questions, wrt polo. since by you might have completed a couple of service. I would like to know the view on service experience.
The SA at polo showroom was raving about longer service intervals of 10k kms. I would also like to know after how much kms did you go in for first service. and what is the usual service intervals.
Old 8th October 2014, 14:04   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvin_86 View Post
hi Mishraak,
I am on the hunt for a premium hatch. List mainly figure polo CL, i20 asta, swift zxi, brio vx mt and also grand i10.
VW polo CL also has ABS n airbags, so difference between HL is mainly cosmetic and added luxury features like bluetooth etc.
I had a few questions, wrt polo. since by you might have completed a couple of service. I would like to know the view on service experience.
The SA at polo showroom was raving about longer service intervals of 10k kms. I would also like to know after how much kms did you go in for first service. and what is the usual service intervals.
I have done 17000kms till date with one service done at 9000kms. Company says to get service done at 10000km or 12 months but I got impatient.

My service was done at Motinagar, Delhi and overall it was a good experience, just keep in mind that Service Advisor will try to pitch lot of un-necessary things like windshield polishing, dry cleaning etc, just stay away from it and it would not cost you more than Rs.8500.

Feel free to ask for any details you require.
Old 9th October 2014, 23:22   #25
BHPian

Quote:
I have done 17000kms till date with one service done at 9000kms. Company says to get service done at 10000km or 12 months but I got impatient.

My service was done at Motinagar, Delhi and overall it was a good experience, just keep in mind that Service Advisor will try to pitch lot of un-necessary things like windshield polishing, dry cleaning etc, just stay away from it and it would not cost you more than Rs.8500.

Feel free to ask for any details you require.
Yeah, Infact a lot of queries. I have read too many horror stories regarding ownership, whats your say on that.
Any other maintenance cost incurred apart from service??
And this is for my parents,what the FE? i have told them what the SA told me 13 in city 16.5 on highways. But they want me to get a little more first hand info. Most of the details on FE is regarding TDI so i would like to know ur first hand experience.
Old 15th October 2014, 10:29   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvin_86 View Post
Yeah, Infact a lot of queries. I have read too many horror stories regarding ownership, whats your say on that.
Any other maintenance cost incurred apart from service??
And this is for my parents,what the FE? i have told them what the SA told me 13 in city 16.5 on highways. But they want me to get a little more first hand info. Most of the details on FE is regarding TDI so i would like to know ur first hand experience.
Dear Arvin,

To update you, service interval is 15000Kms or 1 year.

Touchwood, no other cost has been incurred on mechanicals part. Fuel efficiency is rightly said by SA, but a lot depends on your driving style. I own a petrol so cant comment on TDI.

VW has an elaborate feedback system after delivery and after every visit to workshop and it is taken seriously by them. Service station is taken to task on any negative feedback. SS will always almost beg that you call them if you have any issues and dont give negative feedback and they really adhere to it.

I gave a genuine feedback on sales process and guess what sales man calls me aplogises asks for concerns, answered them satisfactorily, came to my house personally, gave a VW Tshirt, box of chocolates and free wash wax coupons. and closed with, "if you still have a concern I will clear, but please revise your feedback."
mishraak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2014, 22:59   #27
BHPian

Wow, That really helps . Even I am looking for a petrol hatch. You just made my bias towards polo stronger.
Hope you have many happy miles going ahead on the silver arrow.
Old 19th November 2014, 13:27   #28
BHPian

Fuel door & Horn problem: VW Polo

I have a problem with my Polo petrol 2013, still under standard warranty.

1. Fuel door doesn't lock with central locking, means it can be opened by pushing even locks engaged by door lock switch or remote.
2. Horn works intermittently while driving. When driving with straight steering there are no issues.

I took my car to VW motinagar workshop and miraculously these issues did not exist. They advised me and demoed to hard push the fuel door to lock it.

When back to office problem resurfaced.

I have called up the SA and he is yet to revert.

Expecting least support for issue from VW can anybody advise what could be wrong and how it can be corrected.

Mods may merge this with any other prevailing thread.
Old 23rd December 2014, 10:31   #29
BHPian

Re: Fuel door & Horn problem: VW Polo

Quote:
I have a problem with my Polo petrol 2013, still under standard warranty.

1. Fuel door doesn't lock with central locking, means it can be opened by pushing even locks engaged by door lock switch or remote.
2. Horn works intermittently while driving. When driving with straight steering there are no issues.

I took my car to VW motinagar workshop and miraculously these issues did not exist. They advised me and demoed to hard push the fuel door to lock it.

When back to office problem resurfaced.

I have called up the SA and he is yet to revert.

Expecting least support for issue from VW can anybody advise what could be wrong and how it can be corrected.

Mods may merge this with any other prevailing thread.
Hello,

Would love to know how your experience it SC was in getting these issues sorted out. Also you have mentioned you expect least support for issue from VW. Why so? It has SC been generally not so impressive as per your experience?

Also, could you please let us know the average FE you are getting.

I am strongly considering 1.2 petrol polo (Comfortline) along with Grand i10 Asta (O) as my first car. Your experience and comments would be helpful.
Old 23rd December 2014, 13:17   #30
BHPian

Re: Fuel door & Horn problem: VW Polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid13 View Post
Hello,

Would love to know how your experience it SC was in getting these issues sorted out. Also you have mentioned you expect least support for issue from VW. Why so? It has SC been generally not so impressive as per your experience?

Also, could you please let us know the average FE you are getting.

I am strongly considering 1.2 petrol polo (Comfortline) along with Grand i10 Asta (O) as my first car. Your experience and comments would be helpful.
Dear Sid,

VW would not acknowledge a fault unless it is shown in their VAS machine, so Advisor or Service centre is helpless as VW debits their account in case they are not satisfied with the fault in that part.

I am glad as I was able to get the things rectified during my second service as I was able to replicate the while taking the delivery of the car.

The lock actuator was changes without fuss after making a video of the fault.

Horn was made ok by rubbing some round thing inside the steering column.

All ok as of now. Car feels much smoother after second service. Another problem which I didn't notice was sound coming from engine which was diagnosed by SA and rectified by replacing gearbox mount under warranty.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks