Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2013, 18:47   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Mahindra XUV500 W8 - The Velvet Revolver

Nice set of upgrades. Where did you get the upgrades done? My friend is looking for the horn. Thanks
Old 23rd February 2013, 19:26   #17
BHPian

Congrats on your new ride. It looks great and I am sure you are going to enjoy munching miles on it.

Do post the service details as and when you service your car. I myself have a mahindra quanto and although not xuv keenly watching this thread for updates on service and generally about Mahindra!
Old 24th February 2013, 22:39   #18
rlg
BHPian

Congratulations! Looks like you got yours a few days after mine going by the registration number. The opulent purple colour looks a million bucks in twilight and city traffic lights.

Where did you get the Ctrack R300 fixed and at what cost ? I have been putting off going to JC rd for a while, I'll be getting the same soon.
Old 25th February 2013, 07:32   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Nice set of upgrades. Where did you get the upgrades done? My friend is looking for the horn. Thanks
Bosch symphony horns are available in most car accessories shops. If you have any difficulty finding them pl PM me and I will be more than happy to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
Congrats on your new ride. It looks great and I am sure you are going to enjoy munching miles on it.

Do post the service details as and when you service your car. I myself have a mahindra quanto and although not xuv keenly watching this thread for updates on service and generally about Mahindra!
I will definitely post the service details when I send the car for the same. Infact I am sending the car today to the service station for the fitment of balance accessories, which have arrived.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlg View Post
Congratulations! Looks like you got yours a few days after mine going by the registration number. The opulent purple colour looks a million bucks in twilight and city traffic lights.

Where did you get the Ctrack R300 fixed and at what cost ? I have been putting off going to JC rd for a while, I'll be getting the same soon.
You dont have to go all the way to JC road to have the side step fitted. The Ctrack R300 cost me about 8.5K. Let me know where your put up. Pm me and I will let you know the closest place to have them fixed.
swaroopanand_86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2013, 16:14   #20
BHPian

Hi Swaroop. Many congratulations on your new buy! Any particular reason why the Skoda Yeti was not in your initial shortlist?
hrishik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2013, 16:40   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishik View Post
Hi Swaroop. Many congratulations on your new buy! Any particular reason why the Skoda Yeti was not in your initial shortlist?
Thank you so much Hrishik. I did not consider the skoda yeti for the following reasons:

The 4x2 active variant of this car starts at Rs 18 lakhs in Bangalore and the 4x2 ambition variant of this car costs Rs 19 lakhs change. So at this price point what skoda is offering is a car with 180 mm of ground clearance, 110bhp engine and with features and space far less than the XUV. Moreover the yeti has considerabbly less leg room and is only a five seater as against the XUV.

From a pure value for money aspect the yeti does not make sense. I absolutely agree that it is a brilliant handler, but the packaging of the product simply did not appeal to me even as a contender.
Old 26th February 2013, 20:03   #22
rlg
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaroopanand_86 View Post
You dont have to go all the way to JC road to have the side step fitted. The Ctrack R300 cost me about 8.5K. Let me know where your put up. Pm me and I will let you know the closest place to have them fixed.
Thanks Swaroop. I joined recently, so don't have PM facility yet. I know for a fact that the retail shops pick up from the distributor at JC rd for 7k max.
Old 27th February 2013, 00:52   #23
BHPian

Congrats Swaroop on the brand spanking new Cheetah!! The purple color looks absolutely majestic. And wow.. That's quite a bit of modifications.. Am particularly interested in the speaker set up. If you don't mind, can I ask how much did it cost?

Wishing you many great adventures on your cheetah! Cheers!
Old 28th February 2013, 14:34   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus_500 View Post
Congrats Swaroop on the brand spanking new Cheetah!! The purple color looks absolutely majestic. And wow.. That's quite a bit of modifications.. Am particularly interested in the speaker set up. If you don't mind, can I ask how much did it cost?

Thank you so much. The entire thing cost me about 1.4 lakhs end to end
Old 28th February 2013, 14:41   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus_500 View Post

Just the speakers, amps, sub-woofer and the damping cost me about Rs 80 thousand
swaroopanand_86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2013, 12:50   #26
BHPian

Sawroopanand,

That's a cracker of a ride you have there. I just love the way you go about adding accessories to your ride.Your attention to detail is immaculate. I have one major complaint though.

NO LONG SHOT TO DO JUSTICE TO YOUR XUV.

Everything is so close up that it does not truly reflect the magnificent look that I pretty sure your XUV has. Please oblige me and give us a full daylight view to include all- I mean the fog lamps, the alloys, the side step in one single shot or a group of shots covering all angles preferably 20 to 30 feet away from the car

Wishing you miles and miles of smiles. Drive safe.
Old 1st March 2013, 23:31   #27
BHPian

Congrats! Swaroop Anand on your new XUV, I too got mine a couple of weeks back, its a great vehicle to drive, very smooth and quiet. You are lucky to have got so many freebies from the dealer, I didnt manage to get anything. Wish you happy and safe motoring.
Old 7th March 2013, 18:40   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Roy View Post
Sawroopanand,

That's a cracker of a ride you have there. I just love the way you go about adding accessories to your ride.Your attention to detail is immaculate. I have one major complaint though.

Everything is so close up that it does not truly reflect the magnificent look that I pretty sure your XUV has. Please oblige me and give us a full daylight view to include all- I mean the fog lamps, the alloys, the side step in one single shot or a group of shots covering all angles preferably 20 to 30 feet away from the car

Sorry I was held up with work for the past couple of days. I will definitely try and take some long shots over this weekend and post them.
Old 11th March 2013, 14:42   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Roy View Post
Sawroopanand,

Dear Neil,

As requested pl find the long shots attached
Attached Thumbnails
My Mahindra XUV500 W8 - The Velvet Revolver-img_0061-1024x575.jpg  

My Mahindra XUV500 W8 - The Velvet Revolver-img_0062-1024x575.jpg  

My Mahindra XUV500 W8 - The Velvet Revolver-img_0064-1024x575.jpg  

My Mahindra XUV500 W8 - The Velvet Revolver-img_0065-1024x575.jpg  

My Mahindra XUV500 W8 - The Velvet Revolver-img_0067-1024x575.jpg  

My Mahindra XUV500 W8 - The Velvet Revolver-img_0068-1024x575.jpg  

swaroopanand_86 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th May 2013, 12:48   #30
BHPian

Had my first fender bender. Had parked the XUV outside a super market on the road. When I parked there was no car in front of me or behind me.

I finished my shopping and returned to my car to find a i10 had backed into the velvet revolver. The best part was the driver was standing there waiting for me to show up to accuse me of ramming into her car.

After giving the driver of the i10 a piece of my mind, I checked out the damage to the velvet revolver and to my surprise there was none!!!!! The big reason, the KC Hilites fog lamps and the clamps holding them. The fog lamps are sooooo tough that they had titled back, but were firmly in place by the clamps and had absorbed all the impact from the i10 and returned the favour by creating an impact on the boot and rear bumper of the i10. There wasn't even a scratch registered on the grills of the fog lamps, thats how tough they are. I thank my lucky stars for investing on them because after the i10 moved away, they bounced back right into position i had focused them and now they give me a added sense of security that it can also act as a bull bar in emergency situations.

PS: Attaching the pics of fender bender!

Mod Note: Post Edited. Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post.
We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.
Attached Thumbnails
My Mahindra XUV500 W8 - The Velvet Revolver-dsc_0237-1024x576.jpg  

My Mahindra XUV500 W8 - The Velvet Revolver-dsc_0238-1024x576.jpg  

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 17th May 2013 at 15:11.
swaroopanand_86 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed