Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2013, 14:48   #31
BHPian

Re: My Mahindra XUV500 W8 - The Velvet Revolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaroopanand_86 View Post
When I parked there was no car in front of me or behind me.

I finished my shopping and returned to my car to find a i10 had backed into the velvet revolver. The best part was the driver was standing there waiting for me to show up to accuse me of ramming into her car.
Ramming into her car? Cant believe anyone would be so dumb to reverse into a parked car and then accuse the other driver! But as they say, the road is full of idiots!

Glad to know your car suffered no damages. How many miles have you crunched? Hope its been niggle free!
Old 17th May 2013, 15:14   #32
BHPian

The car has been holding up without any major issues yet. Have clocked in about 4673km till date and I am awaiting the 1st service at 5k. But the few issues that I am facing are 1) the left side mirror. They fold up when I lock the car with the remote and seems to dislodged from some kind of socket. It always folds with a whine and stops with a sound which sounds like a combination of a snap and thud. When I start the car, sometimes the left mirror does not open up and I have to repeatedly press the mirror fold and unfold button. 2) the second issue is with the cooling of the AC. Its cooling effectivness seems to hhave suddenly come down and is not cooling the entire cabin as effectively as before. Hope to have both issues resolved in the 1st service.
Old 17th May 2013, 15:23   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajohn View Post
Ramming into her car? Cant believe anyone would be so dumb to reverse into a parked car and then accuse the other driver! But as they say, the road is full of idiots!
I could think of three possibilities.

1. She (or some one else) parked without noticing that her car is touching the car behind. New drivers often misjudge while reverse parking
2. She forgot to engage hand brake and the vehicle moved
2. She know that it is a mistake and want to get some money to repair.
Old 17th May 2013, 17:06   #34
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambadan View Post
I could think of three possibilities.

1. She (or some one else) parked without noticing that her car is touching the car behind. New drivers often misjudge while reverse parking
2. She forgot to engage hand brake and the vehicle moved
2. She know that it is a mistake and want to get some money to repair.
There is no mention of the other driver being a she.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2013, 12:50   #35
BHPian

Well let me clarify! The other driver was a she
swaroopanand_86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2013, 13:06   #36
BHPian

I have two updates about the velvet revolver:

1) The first being, after i changed my alloy wheels I would experience vibration in the steering column between speeds of 80 km to 130 km. This was caused due to a slight gap between the center of the alloy wheel and the hub of the car. The solution was to install aluminum rings. It had to be custom fabricated based on the design of the center hub of the alloy wheel so that it sits perfectly on the hub of the car without leaving any gap, thereby removing the vibration I was experiencing.

The only shocker was due to the design of my alloy wheel the aluminum rings had to be 5 inch thick and cost me 1 thousand rupees a piece to fabricate for each wheel. Attaching the pics of the rings and the install which are self explanatory.

After installing the rings the vibration has completely disappeared and the steering weighs up perfectly at speed and gives me a better feel of the road.

2) Secondly I sent my car for 1st service at 5,000 Km. When it reached the service center the odo was at 5022 km. I sent the car for service to Ananth cars on Bannergattha road, bangalore. My RM was Ms/Mrs kavitha. She was quite helpful and she arranged for my car to be picked up from home. The complaints I reported were regarding my LHS mirror and the inadequate cooling of the cabin by the ac.

The car was picked up on Saturday morning by the driver. The car reached the service center and the RM promptly called me and reported the arrival of the car at the service center and asked me if i had any other issues with the car.

I opted for under body treatment for the car when it was at the service center. The car came back to me in the evening with the service completed. The 1st service cost Rs. 4782, they had charged me for 6liters of engine oil, oil filter change and the under body treatment. The service was done well and the car came back to me clean and tidy and they had adjusted the clutch and gear properly and addressed all my issues.

I did not remove my car on Sunday. Monday when i romoved the car to go to office, out of the blue a niggle popped up with the auto start-stop feature of the car. After i switched on the car i turned the auto start-stop feature button on and it worked without an issue for the first two signal junctions i faced. Later the auto start-stop failed to engage when i stopped in the traffic and put the car to neutral, later on abrduptly it would go to auto stop mode when i put the car to netural, but fail to re-start when i depressed the clutch.

I monitered the car on monday and yesterday and brought it to the attention of my RM and she had the car picked up today morning. She just called me and gave me an update that there is a button on the clutch peddle which monitors if the clutch peddle is depressed or not to activate the auto start-stop. She said that the button has malfunctioned and she is having it replaced and she will have my car delivered by 4 pm today. So awaiting to see if the problem has been successfully solved. Please let me know if any of you have faced similar problem with the auto start-stop feature.
Attached Thumbnails
My Mahindra XUV500 W8 - The Velvet Revolver-dsc_1-1024x576.jpg  

My Mahindra XUV500 W8 - The Velvet Revolver-dsc_2-1024x576.jpg  

My Mahindra XUV500 W8 - The Velvet Revolver-dsc_3-1024x576.jpg  

My Mahindra XUV500 W8 - The Velvet Revolver-dsc_4-1024x576.jpg  

My Mahindra XUV500 W8 - The Velvet Revolver-dsc_5-1024x576.jpg  

My Mahindra XUV500 W8 - The Velvet Revolver-dsc_6-1024x576.jpg  

My Mahindra XUV500 W8 - The Velvet Revolver-dsc_7-1024x576.jpg  

Old 15th July 2013, 11:38   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Good buy swaroop. And very nice snaps which accentuates the beauty of the beast.

I am also contemplating booking an XUV W8. Just giving it another month or so before there is some clarity on my 'Vitamin M' liquidity. Also, that would give some time for the niggles in the vehicle to settle down.

I hear that Mahindra has done its bit to wean out all the problems reported yet. Fingers crossed
Old 16th July 2013, 14:05   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
Good buy swaroop. And very nice snaps which accentuates the beauty of the beast.

I am also contemplating booking an XUV W8. Just giving it another month or so before there is some clarity on my 'Vitamin M' liquidity. Also, that would give some time for the niggles in the vehicle to settle down.

I hear that Mahindra has done its bit to wean out all the problems reported yet. Fingers crossed
Thnak you dhanush. XUV at the end of the end is a very good buy and the car is absolutely fantastic, apart from the very minor niggles, its a well put together car. Hope to see you soon driving one around. Cheers
Old 24th July 2013, 15:59   #39
BHPian

The Velvet Reolver has done about 6400 Kms on the Odo and no significant development since the issue with the auto start/stop which was successfully resolved. I have carried out tyre rotation at five thousand kilometers even though the manual suggests tyre rotation to be done at 10 thousand Kilometer.

The only error that keeps popping up now then is a warning which says "RL tyre swapped" and it disappears after a while. I presume its some issue with the tyre tronics sensor. Planning to have this issue resolved in the second service.

I am headed for a road trip to Badami and Hampi tomorrow and will keep you guys posted on the technicals of the trip.
Old 2nd December 2013, 13:04   #40

Swaroop, I am looking to upgrade my ICE on my XUV. I need a reference like where exactly you got it done and more details about pricing and so on. Unfortunately i could not find your email on your profile to PM. So, i am replying to this thread.
Old 2nd December 2013, 15:27   #41
BHPian

Hi

Your velvet revolver looks very good and stunning and I like the customisations you have done, but the front-lamps are not my taste.
I have booked a Silver W6 and it will be delivered to the dealership sometime this week. Unfortunately I am out of the country for the next three weeks and will have to spend many a unsettled days waiting to get my hands on the beast.
I loved the purple colour and I think the chetah looks stunning in the colour. I was tempted when I saw it at the dealership however, it was not available in W6 version and I did not want to stretch my budget for the W8, hence decided against it.
You might have to pay close attention to keeping the exteriors clean and polished, it being a dark colour. But thats a small trade-off for the beauty you own.
I might upgrade the speakers as well once I get my hands on it and get a feel of the beast. Will update once i have done a few miles.
Thanks for the detailed post. Nice pictures! Enjoy your ride.
Old 22nd March 2015, 00:25   #42
BHPian

have you done the ECU remapping by any chance yet??
Old 18th February 2016, 20:53   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaroopanand_86 View Post
Picture continuation of the Speaker Upgrade.

Side foot Steps: [/b]I did not buy the side steps from the dealer as I was not happy with the design. I think the design available with mahindra does not gel well with the car. So I had side steps from C Track Model No. R300 fitted to the car .

Horn: I changed the stock horn as I felt it wasn't loud enough. I got the Velvet Revolver a pair of Bosch Symphony horns. A separate cut-out was not required for the installation of the same.
Hi Swaroopanand, Beautiful color for the beast. I am looking at the New Age XUV500 (same color ) and almost decided it. Would be booking one soon. I am interested to go for CTrack R300 model side step for my easy ingress for my aged parents. I was going through the threads for XUV and found this one. I would like to understand some details based on your ownership.

When I was checking some Side Steps in the Service Centre there was one XUV with R200 model and one of the service advisor said that R200 would give rattling in due course of time and asked me to get more thicker ones.

Though you are having R300 (better one I would suppose) have you faced any rattling for this model till date in your ownership? Also is the ground clearance going very low (causing concerns) after putting this model of the side step?

Also would there be any details on the thickness / durability quotients for the models published by CTrack that you would have found during your analysis (though it is quite sometime now since you got yours)? I also like R400 and I am not sure whether it is a better model or not.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks