Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2013, 11:51   #46
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo : The American lass who stole my heart & cash

Minor Update:

There was a peculiar sound and retardation on speed on my vehicle which i had dismissed as being the engine braking (which is quite a lot in the lower gears). I later found this to be my brake pads which were slightly fouling with the disc and therefore were slightly retarding the speed. I braked hard quite a few times and this seems to have gotten lesser. The howling noise, unfortunately were from my tyres(underinflated, being the reason). I did some 'diy' to get around the brake issue and here is what i did. Everytime our wheels wade in water, some amount of water gets on the disc. Cleaning the disc using a cleaner works wonders and it reduced the noise in my case. Rust formation being the culprit.

She is also clocking kilometres albeit at a slow rate. Overall a decent car but the service centre has to improve a little.
Old 4th November 2013, 18:39   #47
BHPian

Hello Arch-Angle how are you doing? We recently got our Figo Titanium D in our family. I have a query for you since you have the facelifted version. Does your car have 6 speed intermittent wiper mechanism?(the roller kind of thing which adjust speed) I am asking because our car has this thing absent, I want to make sure that is this a mistake of the feature is removed? I'll be asking ford guys too. Mine is July manufactured.
EFF-EIGHT-BEE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2013, 14:02   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFF-EIGHT-BEE View Post
Hello Arch-Angle how are you doing? We recently got our Figo Titanium D in our family. I have a query for you since you have the facelifted version. Does your car have 6 speed intermittent wiper mechanism?(the roller kind of thing which adjust speed) I am asking because our car has this thing absent, I want to make sure that is this a mistake of the feature is removed? I'll be asking ford guys too. Mine is July manufactured.
I will check that. I remember seeing a ring around the wiper stalks for sure. I will take a look and post a picture for you .
P.S: sorry for the late reply.
Old 19th November 2013, 15:56   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
I will check that. I remember seeing a ring around the wiper stalks for sure. I will take a look and post a picture for you .
P.S: sorry for the late reply.
No problem for late reply buddy, and I did confirmed with my SA and this feature is removed and even the instruction manual has no mention about it.
EFF-EIGHT-BEE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2013, 10:28   #50
BHPian

Yes, Its as you said F8B. There isnt an intermittent setting.
Arch-Angel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2014, 10:23   #51
BHPian

"Time and tide wait for none"

Time sure flew by atleast in my case. It felt like it was only yesterday that we had brought our figo home and its 1 year already. For all i know, i have enjoyed driving this vehicle and even though i don't push it to 3 digit speeds and toss her around the curves, i have had my bit of fun driving within the city. It's not just that speed equates to fun after all(Not much but since i don't overspeed, i really have no idea. Too paranoid to drive fast in my opinion).

I would like to reiterate a few points i had listed earlier with the period of ownership and driving experience i have with this car.

1. The driving dynamics are really good. I don't think this car could be compared to any other hatchback as far as driving feel goes.
2. So far, not much in the way of rattles. What i thought was my first case of rattling turned out to be an empty bottle doing its rounds in the trunk.
3. The service experience has been pleasant till date with the service advisors listening patiently to my complaints and trying to sort out the issues.

The 10k service:

As i had said earlier, what felt like a short time since i had got the car home has actually been a year. MPL ford had sent me a mail with a card which said that the car was due for its 10k service. My driving to be honest has been majorly inside the city boundaries and the ODO reading at the moment is 3333.

The date was 13th March 2014 which was mentioned on the card. I decided to go in on 12th of march instead and get things done since i had a minor niggle i had been experiencing.

The niggle:

Many a time during driving, i had experience a peculiar noise which seemed to be coming from the front ( right side) when i turned the steering to near lock position toward the right. This would get further accentuated when i was driving over potholes or speedbreakers. I had got one of the lads from the service centre to come on a small test drive to reaffirm my suspicion regarding this noise. Actually, i had felt this noise originated from the steering column and therefore, warranted some diagnosis. The lad and myself noticed this noise coming whenever the steering was rotated to either sides and not just the right as i had thought and he felt it was an issue from the suspension. In short, they have deferred their commitment to deliver the car by the same evening and deliver it by the next day instead and if parts were found to be defective, they would be covered under warranty.

I'll update the rest of this post when the vehicle gets delivered and also, explain in brief if the issue does get located and sorted out.

Total damage to wallet: 2.3k for consumables (oil change).

Till then, stay tuned.

Last edited by Arch-Angel : 13th March 2014 at 10:27.
Arch-Angel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2014, 10:35   #52
BHPian

The car is back from the service centre and the noise was diagnosed to be emanating from a faulty tie-rod on the right hand side suspension and has been fixed under warranty. The noise is gone totally and the car seems to have less of an eagerness to lurch forward but it has become even more smooth and driveable. The oil change did wonders and i would recommend all new owners to change their oil at 3k kms.

The other side effect was my belkin cellphone charger and 12v port cap are both missing from my car. .
Old 17th March 2014, 12:31   #53
BHPian

Quote:
The noise is gone totally and the car seems to have less of an eagerness to lurch forward but it has become even more smooth and driveable. The oil change did wonders and i would recommend all new owners to change their oil at 3k kms.

The other side effect was my belkin cellphone charger and 12v port cap are both missing from my car. .
Good that they fixed the issue and yes the car always felt smoother immediately after an Oil change, you will see this effect on every service .

Have you checked your glove box and trunk, even in my case too the 12V port cap was missing after service and later i found it in glove box.

Quote:
My driving to be honest has been majorly inside the city boundaries and the ODO reading at the moment is 3333.
Thats very low and that too with a diesel heart. Mine was near ~ 16k at the time of one year, now running ~30k on its 2nd birthday :(.
Old 17th March 2014, 12:40   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
Good that they fixed the issue and yes the car always felt smoother immediately after an Oil change, you will see this effect on every service .
This seems to be in agreement to what i have seen. So as a first time car owner this feels different. The car didn't feel old anyway but its character seems to have suddenly changed.

Quote:
Have you checked your glove box and trunk, even in my case too the 12V port cap was missing after service and later i found it in glove box.
There seems to be nothing in the glove box except my papers and the medkit i carry. I'll go take a better look i guess.

Quote:
Thats very low and that too with a diesel heart. Mine was near ~ 16k at the time of one year, now running ~30k on its 2nd birthday :(.
Yep, my running is real low for a year as well. This year my running may even be lesser. You should see the guys in the whatsapp group we have. They call my car newer than a showroom display piece .
Old 17th March 2014, 15:44   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Total damage to wallet: 2.3k for consumables (oil change).
Does this include wheel alignment as well ? I just completed my 10k service and my bill was ~1750.
Old 17th March 2014, 15:54   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Does this include wheel alignment as well ? I just completed my 10k service and my bill was ~1750.
I believe my bill was Rs 1954/- and the 2300/- was quoted as an estimate. I think wheel alignment isn't charged during the free service period?
Old 17th March 2014, 23:01   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFF-EIGHT-BEE View Post
No problem for late reply buddy, and I did confirmed with my SA and this feature is removed and even the instruction manual has no mention about it.
My car does have the 6 speed wiper. I somehow remember seeing only till 4 and only sometime back did I check it thoroughly and I did find it numbered till 6. Titanium edition from the facelift does come with 6 speed Intermittent wiper function. Will post a picture tomorrow.
Also, sorry for the goof up. .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks