Team-BHP - The long Journey to Storme (Safari Storme)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   The long Journey to Storme (Safari Storme) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/133027-long-journey-storme-safari-storme-3.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by g_prajeesh (Post 3062438)
Mr Prem is very approachable and is more patriotic :).

Till now I am happy with the way things are happening and good feel about Storme.

I can vouch for Mr. Prem and add to above - he is true to TML's capabilities/limitations and realistic while suggesting anything to be done in your vehicle.

Prem [Incidentally, I am Prem too] :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 3059261)
Hi can you remove the front wheel cap, and post a picture of the hub? I am curious to see what kind of new system they have implemented.

Tanveer, I tried to remove the wheel cap my self and I found that there is some kind of clip from inside. So I was reluctant to do. So when I went for 1st service, I asked the technician to show me. He told me that he can show me when I go for 5000 KM service as he need to remove some clip kind of stuff behind the wheel. I will keep this in my mind and will update you once I go for 5000 KM. I am already clocked 1500 KM.

Good to read about your Safari Storme experience.

Any specific reason why you chose the 4x4 variant, also did you get to experience the 4x4 benefit in your drives till date

Hi Prajeesh,

How has the Storme been so far? Eagerly waiting for your longterm ownership report and from other storme owners as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TorqMaster (Post 3173540)
Hi Prajeesh,

How has the Storme been so far? Eagerly waiting for your longterm ownership report and from other storme owners as well.

Till now going good. No issues. Tata people called me and updated the parts for door noise. I am planning to do a long monsoon trip this month. I will write long term review after that.

In my perspective, the vehicle gave me above expectations and nothing went wrong or any issue till now. I approached right people from the beginning so I get proper service and proactive call. I do my service in Concorde Bangalore and I really appreciate the Storme team. Mr Prem, Mr Rathis and Mr. Rakesh.

Mr. Prem and Mr. Rathis, they do pro actively. Please approach them and they will guide you properly.

Note: I didn't do any extra fittings or tyre upgrade. May be I will go for a bicycle carrier from Tata.

Also I use it for long journey and city ride is once in a week. It is not coz of driving difficulty. But I afraid of cyclist and bike guys and auto guys. You can easily maneuver storme in city. Don't expect the way we drive small car like Wagonor and I am not expecting that compare. If you see the U turn and all , Storme does much better than any other similar vehicle. I never reversed storme for U turn in Bangalore city.

g_prajeesh - STORME looks stunning in 'Pearl White'. Congrats on the vehicle. How's the vehicle doing now? Will be very interesting to know if the niggles have been kept out of STORME and if the owners are getting flawless experience. STORME can certainly pull certain XUV customers if there are no niggles.

Quote:

Originally Posted by searacer932 (Post 3397153)
g_prajeesh - STORME looks stunning in 'Pearl White'. Congrats on the vehicle. How's the vehicle doing now? Will be very interesting to know if the niggles have been kept out of STORME and if the owners are getting flawless experience. STORME can certainly pull certain XUV customers if there are no niggles.

This is my personal experience. I use my safari for long trips and one or two times in city in a month. Till now I faced only one issue. The initial door rattling issue and is fixed and never came back. The SA put the new arrangement and apart from that he put the beharam sir solution. I changed my oil to Mobile after 12k.

The SA changed all suspension rod/spring pro actively and I didn't face any issues till now on that front.

The other thing is that I gave my vehicle to a Single SA and I insist that he should only do the service. He explains me every thing in details and he takes me to the floor.

This is my personal experience

He mentioned me one of the storme customer issue where the oil was leaking. He told me that the driver always press clutch while driving and initial running period he drove the vehicle 150 to 160 KM/hr. This is the only major issue he came through

Quote:

Originally Posted by g_prajeesh (Post 3397952)
The initial door rattling issue and is fixed and never came back. The SA put the new arrangement and apart from that he put the beharam sir solution.
The SA changed all suspension rod/spring pro actively and I didn't face any issues till now on that front.

Prajeesh
What was the solution for the door rattling ? Which door was it ? Also why was all suspension parts changed ? Could you pls elaborate

Thanks

How is your storme doing now? I drove 2013 Model storme last week, felt steering responding to hard surface and have to hold steering tight.
Also crossing 120km/hr it gave vibrations, this drive was just after wheel balancing, rotation & alignment.

All of sudden Alternator blowed away, there was no hint or symptom before it was out of action. Need to call emergency team and toe the vehicle, Luckily this happened within city limits.

Mine is December 2013 EX and now at 77250+ km. No issues so far, except the typical warranty stuff such as AC compressor changed once and engine mountings changed twice. Front glass has been replaced thrice due to stone hits from other vehicles on the highway (one of them being another Storme!). I think the Safari glass being big and relatively flat, it is more prone to cracking.