Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2013, 13:19   #16
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ritz ZXi – Review and Ownership

Hi Sunsh!nes,
Congratulations on your new ride.

"Seat Covers – Marvin – 8.5K" - could you please give more details.
What kind of covers are these and where did you get them?
The covers look very good and the installation is clean.
Old 25th June 2013, 00:28   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud View Post
You can PM any moderator (GTO, Vid6639, anyone else) to edit the post. Else, you can use the 'Triangle' below your Username (beside the green circle) to report the post.

Do you plan to powder-coat your alloys to white/black?

Cheers!
Haven't thought of it, I like it the custom way with these alloys, have thoughts of changing them in future to something more different n attractive not sure when. What options do you suggest ?
Sunsh!nes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2013, 20:50   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsh!nes View Post
Haven't thought of it, I like it the custom way with these alloys, have thoughts of changing them in future to something more different n attractive not sure when. What options do you suggest ?
Instead of spending more bucks on aftermarket alloys, I would have (if I was you!) got my stock wheels powder coated to white, and would have retained the OEM look. This would cost ~2k at a respectable aftermarket shop to paint the wheels.

Anyway, now that you have made up your mind for aftermarket alloys, let me suggest/confuse you more!

I think an upsize to 15" or changing the tyre profile to 195 section on 14" wheels (not recommended. 185 is the best for 14".), it will void warranty and may even cause the failure of the ABS unit.

So, stick to 14" rims with 185 section rubber. There are many options available in different designs and colors, ranging from 15k to 20k for a set of four. But, it is advisable to get 5 alloy wheels when buying. It would also be helpful if you do tyre rotation.

Different options are:
  • Full White
  • White with Polished Lip
  • Silver Finished
  • Chrome finished
  • Black with chrome polished lip
  • Black Polished
Out of the above, I think Full White and White with Polished Lip would go best with your car, since it is white. Do NOT go for multispokes, they will not suit a hatch, they rather go well with bigger cars like Innova. Go for 5/6/7/8 spoke alloys. Also, you will have to find an alloy of the same PCD, Holes and Width as your stock ones.

Preferred brands are: Plati, Neo, Aura, Prestige, HR, Lenso. (There are many. I don't remember though!)

Here is the link to Neowheels site: Neowheels

Here are the alloy wheel designs available: Click Here

Check out more designs:

PS. Just make a discussion in the correct section and see the suggestions pouring in!
Old 26th June 2013, 03:38   #19
BHPian

Nice car!

Uprating the tyres will give you more benefits than uprating the size - but if you must here is a calculator of wheel / tyre size :

http://www.alloywheels.com/Tyre_Calculator

Personally I would select a premium make in the original size - say Uniroyal, Michelin or Goodyear. I've not had good experiences with Dunlop or Pirelli in smaller sizes but that might just be my own experiences. Also from experience Michelin tend to be noisier and harder riding but have more grip.
Old 26th June 2013, 11:32   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morph View Post
Nice car!

Uprating the tyres will give you more benefits than uprating the size - but if you must here is a calculator of wheel / tyre size :

http://www.alloywheels.com/Tyre_Calculator

Personally I would select a premium make in the original size - say Uniroyal, Michelin or Goodyear. I've not had good experiences with Dunlop or Pirelli in smaller sizes but that might just be my own experiences. Also from experience Michelin tend to be noisier and harder riding but have more grip.
Hi Morph.
AFAIK Changing the tyre size would void the warranty. In the car owner manuals, it is also mentioned that altering the stock tyre size can cause the failure of ABS unit. So, it's better to stick to stock size.

And, from my experience, Michelins are soft-compound tyres and give more comfort than grip, plus give less road noise. Yokohama and BS are much tougher compound tyres and are better for grip-conscious guys.
Loud is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2013, 16:10   #21
BHPian

Changing the tyre profile can help in better road grip. However, I agree with Loud on this point. It can affect the ABS functionality. Hence, 185 14" tyres are best-suited for the Ritz (Michelin ones). Also I feel, White with Polished Lip alloys will suit nicely.
Satshan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2013, 22:20   #22
BHPian

@Loud - the idea of the calculator would be to come up with an overall diameter which was the same as standard so the ABS should work fine, but it is best to check warranty details as well and also check insurance!

Michelins - You could very well be right these days. In my previous experience Michelins had Rayon sidewalls when others used Nylon so they deformed less when they got warmer but the downside was less "give" over bumps and more tyre noise. My most recent experience was with a Volvo V70 where any tyre noise felt like it was coming from the next town

Quote:
Hi Morph.
AFAIK Changing the tyre size would void the warranty. In the car owner manuals, it is also mentioned that altering the stock tyre size can cause the failure of ABS unit. So, it's better to stick to stock size.

And, from my experience, Michelins are soft-compound tyres and give more comfort than grip, plus give less road noise. Yokohama and BS are much tougher compound tyres and are better for grip-conscious guys.
Morph is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2013, 11:06   #23

Hey, Sunsh!nes,
Congratulations on the ritzy !!
Definitely looks great in white !!
Superb Music Setup and Excellent HU !!

P.S:- Can you please remove the petrol sticker from the lid. It's an eyesore !!

Cheers!
Old 29th June 2013, 13:49   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morph View Post
@Loud - the idea of the calculator would be to come up with an overall diameter which was the same as standard so the ABS should work fine, but it is best to check warranty details as well and also check insurance!

Michelins - You could very well be right these days. In my previous experience Michelins had Rayon sidewalls when others used Nylon so they deformed less when they got warmer but the downside was less "give" over bumps and more tyre noise. My most recent experience was with a Volvo V70 where any tyre noise felt like it was coming from the next town
I am not sure about the reason for why ABS unit will fail to work. But, I think ABS would have been programmed work on some grip levels. Changing the tyres to wider tyres would give higher grip level, so the ABS unit might stop functioning. The owner's manual of many cars with ABS have this clearly written that Changing the tyre size might cause failure of the ABS unit.

Regarding Michelins, I am using them on my DZire (165 section stock size). I have mostly driven on Apollo or Bridgestone tyres, so might be my own thinking that they have less noisier (Apollo tyres are damn noisy). I totally agree with you that Michelins wear out faster than others (maybe because they are soft compound tyres).

Michelins are nice for wheel-spins, though!

Last edited by Loud : 29th June 2013 at 13:50.
Old 1st July 2013, 01:13   #25
BHPian

The ABS unit should be generic - as in it detects the wheel stopping and releases (pumps) the brakes enough to unlock the wheel. The quality of the system will vary depending on the car, the unit fitted to a top of the line Mercedes is not the same as that fitted to my Aygo or a Ritz, Spark etc. The Merc system will be "tuned" more to the car.

These lower spec systems tend to be super sensitive for example I can trigger the ABS on my Aygo on standard tyres in the dry on a smooth road. But driving similar models with wider tyres the ABS doesn't cut in quite so early.

My favourite tyres are Uniroyals at the moment. Switched from Yokohama's on my Fabia VRS (130hp TDI in a Fabia) to Uniroyals which meant I could go where I pointed my steering wheel in the wet. Swapped from Continental Ecocontacts on the Aygo to Uniroyal Rain Experts on the Aygo and had the same experience.
Morph is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2013, 23:59   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satshan View Post
Hearty Congratulations for your New Ritz! White looks superb from all angles. Best things I feel are Reverse parking camera, Black-Beige combination for seats, Alloy wheels with 185/70 R14 tyres.

Wish you Happy and safe miles ahead!
Thanks ! I was a little skeptical about the black and beige, but once I saw it in real they were really eye catching. The tyres really grip well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Congrats on getting one of the most practical cars in India! The petrol engine in the Ritz was what impressed us when we took the test drive. A very nice car, and also a one in which ingress/egress is extremely easy. Also one of the cars which gives is full VFM. A query - On the fuel filler cap, was the sticker put by you or by the dealer? I am asking this because in Pune I see many Maruti cars with this sticker, so I am wondering if it is put by Maruti itself?

Enjoy the car and drive safe!
Thanks ! The sticker is put by me just to ensure the Petrol bunk guys done put in the wrong fuel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyAsta View Post
@sunsh!nes.
Hey, congratulations on the Ritz. Looks amazing in white. Really loved it.

By the way, I'm looking for an ICE upgrade in my i20. Will you please provide me with some details on the JBL speakers that you have put in you car ?. Have you installed an Amplifier to drive these speakers ?. Please do shed some light on these queries as it will be very helpful.

Thanks on advance!
Cheers.
Thanks GreyAsta I have changed few things now. The JVC AV 50 is a very good HU. Recently I have put in Cerwin Vega Amp and Cerwin Components in the front while driving JBL 3 way in back door and 6X9 at the rear through the Amp and a Sub in the boot. JBLs are just entry level there are a whole lot of speakers which are much much better than them. Give them a try, but if you are strict with budget then go for JBLs however you dont have much choice in them. Take for Example Cerwin Vega, they really take a lot of abuse and much clear n crisp for the same RMS rating compared to JBL. You can try different speakers based on your taste whether you want them loud or clear or bright etc. Get in touch with Blueraven(Satya) EVO in Cambridge layout. Best person for the job and very professional, reasonably priced as well. Just make sure before your upgrade your battery supports the load to avoid any further problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Good pictures buddy. The car looks fabulous in white. Always a fan of the white colour on the M800, Swift and Ritz.

The sore part I feel is the reverse parking sensors in black. Didn't you get them in white?It would not have had a contrast on looks part. How is the performance and accuracy of the sensors?

Black seat covers Very difficult to maintain. No eating in the car, dusting to be done more times than normal.

Cheers,
Anurag.
Thanks Anurag White is my favorite too, it has its own pain of maintaining but I like pampering my Car. its kinda weekend ritual, cleaning my car . Sensors werent available in White when I got them installed. They really work very well. Guess we can get them painted, not sure though. I think bright coloured seats are much difficult to maintain since we keep the windows open sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hector View Post
Congrats on the car !!!

Are the steering controls working with the new JVC HU ? I was informed by the Bimal-maruti SA that the steering controls will work only with OEM HU.

Can you please provide an update on the car ? Thanks !
I have booked my RITZ ZXI and waiting for the color.
Thanks Hector !! Congrats on booking your Car too They take a lot of time to deliver ZXI since they are made on Order/booking. I have got a steering interface installed and it works like a dream with any HU. The car is really performing well. Getting 13.5 in city and got 17.5 on highway drives so far. its really worth every penny. White looks very good on this Car. Silver n grey have become very common. White suits this car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
Hi Sunsh!nes,
Congratulations on your new ride.

"Seat Covers – Marvin – 8.5K" - could you please give more details.
What kind of covers are these and where did you get them?
The covers look very good and the installation is clean.
Thanks Sumeshmani !! They are Marvin, yes costed me 8.5K and I got them from Garuda Maruti dealer. Nice job done and very professional. contact Raju in the showroom on Lalbagh road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloslg View Post
Hey, Sunsh!nes,
Congratulations on the ritzy !!
Definitely looks great in white !!
Superb Music Setup and Excellent HU !!

P.S:- Can you please remove the petrol sticker from the lid. It's an eyesore !!

Cheers!
Thanks Poloslg ! The sound setup has been upgraded further with Amp n change of components etc.,I have put in Cerwin Vega Amp and Cerwin Components in the front while driving JBL 3 way in back door and 6X9 at the rear through the Amp and a Sub in the boot.

Petrol sticker is to avoid wrong fuel. I know it doesnt look so good.

Quote:
Instead of spending more bucks on aftermarket alloys, I would have (if I was you!) got my stock wheels powder coated to white, and would have retained the OEM look. This would cost ~2k at a respectable aftermarket shop to paint the wheels.

Anyway, now that you have made up your mind for aftermarket alloys, let me suggest/confuse you more!

I think an upsize to 15" or changing the tyre profile to 195 section on 14" wheels (not recommended. 185 is the best for 14".), it will void warranty and may even cause the failure of the ABS unit.

So, stick to 14" rims with 185 section rubber. There are many options available in different designs and colors, ranging from 15k to 20k for a set of four. But, it is advisable to get 5 alloy wheels when buying. It would also be helpful if you do tyre rotation.

Different options are:
  • Full White
  • White with Polished Lip
  • Silver Finished
  • Chrome finished
  • Black with chrome polished lip
  • Black Polished
Out of the above, I think Full White and White with Polished Lip would go best with your car, since it is white. Do NOT go for multispokes, they will not suit a hatch, they rather go well with bigger cars like Innova. Go for 5/6/7/8 spoke alloys. Also, you will have to find an alloy of the same PCD, Holes and Width as your stock ones.

Preferred brands are: Plati, Neo, Aura, Prestige, HR, Lenso. (There are many. I don't remember though!)

Here is the link to Neowheels site: Neowheels

Here are the alloy wheel designs available: Click Here

Check out more designs:

PS. Just make a discussion in the correct section and see the suggestions pouring in!
Thanks !!
Old 11th July 2013, 13:07   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsh!nes View Post
Thanks ! I was a little skeptical about the

Thanks Hector !! Congrats on booking your Car too They take a lot of time to deliver ZXI since they are made on Order/booking. I have got a steering interface installed and it works like a dream with any HU. The car is really performing well. Getting 13.5 in city and got 17.5 on highway drives so far. its really worth every penny. White looks very good on this Car. Silver n grey have become very common. White suits this car.

Thanks !!
Can you provide more details on steering interface like how much it costs and where did you source it? I had booked my ZXI on 19th June and currently waiting.
Old 11th July 2013, 20:28   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsudarsan View Post
Can you provide more details on steering interface like how much it costs and where did you source it? I had booked my ZXI on 19th June and currently waiting.
I got the HU n speakers installed by Maruti Showroom( Garuda Maruti, Lalbagh Road). They did a good installation. one of the guys sourced it for me since I insisted on getting the steering interface, it costed me about 3000-4000 (guess so, dont remember) within that range. You will get lot of interface, dont worry about it. But ensure you get it done without splicing or cutting the wires.
Old 12th July 2013, 12:54   #29
BHPian

Read the entire post. Man, I want to get my hands on my car soon. But the dealers are constantly changing their offers. One Dealer initially offered me a certain freebies and then he made a u-turn. Another dealer did the same. I've read about people getting tonnes of freebies, but all now I'll have to settle with is Basic Accessories waived off and free car cover. I wish someone can guide me how to bargain better and more.

Last edited by creative420 : 12th July 2013 at 12:59.
Old 12th July 2013, 23:59   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Read the entire post. Man, I want to get my hands on my car soon. But the dealers are constantly changing their offers. One Dealer initially offered me a certain freebies and then he made a u-turn. Another dealer did the same. I've read about people getting tonnes of freebies, but all now I'll have to settle with is Basic Accessories waived off and free car cover. I wish someone can guide me how to bargain better and more.
I got a upperhand only because they delayed the delivery by 3 months and made me after promising to get it delivered within 15 days. Apart from that, be more considerate on getting the delivery. Usually consumer offers differs from time to time. Every dealer will provide the same. Guess you are getting about 50K offer in Maruti now for exchange. Better negotiate before making or confirming your booking. its purely luck if you are getting good discounts and freebies. Infact I didnt get much freebies, since they delayed I got the discount on accessories as my accessories bill was close to 52K.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks