Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2013, 09:31   #61
BHPian

re: iGen i20 Sportz CRDi - Ownership report EDIT: Sold after accident!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
Yes, I saw that thread and it does mention that a change is recommended. However, I have chosen to go with what the SA says but will do a check at the 5k level to see if a change is required.
The reason most people swap out oil is because there are metal chippings which come as a result of rubbing of the piston rings with the cylinder walls. The cylinder walls have slight imperfections to help in lubricating the surfaces but as the piston moves, the piston ring tends to scrape against these imperfections and chip out the excess metal. Other than that, i think you might be safe by going with the SA's advice since this is just my take.

Quote:
My dad was very happy with the car during the trip. He says it pulls very fast when in the turbo zone.
The Hyundai CRDI engine is a marvellous one. I really love the way it can accelerate without a sudden spike. Its slightly gradual but there is a strong tug feeling when the turbo spools up near the 2k mark. Glad that dad enjoys it .
Arch-Angel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2013, 10:06   #62
Senior - BHPian

Update:

Fuel used till now: 128 l
Kms travelled: 1856
Mileage: 14.5km/l (AC always on, 700 kms highway)

Mileage might improve probably over time but happy with the 14.5 for now. Love the feeling when the car is in the turbo zone
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2013, 11:28   #63
Senior - BHPian

Just a query which I need fellow owners to answer. Does the Sportz variant come with anti pinch driver window and the cooled glovebox? Or is that only for the Asta variant?
Old 26th March 2013, 11:50   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Just a query which I need fellow owners to answer. Does the Sportz variant come with anti pinch driver window and the cooled glovebox? Or is that only for the Asta variant?
Hi Arvind, i think i20 Sportz does come with a cooled glovebox and antipinch windows.
Arch-Angel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2013, 17:54   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
Hi Arvind, i think i20 Sportz does come with a cooled glovebox and antipinch windows.
Have to check the manual as I am not sure the anti pinch works in my car.

Went to have lunch outside the office today so took the car. After lunch, came back to the car and was reversing out with AC full blast on. Suddenly the vehicle stopped reversing. I tried putting the vehicle in first gear but still the vehicle did not move. I panicked as I had no idea why the gear was not engaging.

Finally, I realized that the car had stalled while reversing and thats why I was not able to move the car . Due to the high blower speed, I was not able to make out that the car had stalled . Stupidity at its best!!!
Old 5th April 2013, 11:12   #66
Senior - BHPian

Any place in Chennai from where I can procure and install illuminated door sills? I checked with the dealer and they have only plain sills which are not illuminated.

Also, will this void warranty? The dealer was trying to say that they dont do these types of installs as they put extra load on the electricals. Is this true?
Old 5th April 2013, 11:21   #67

Quote:
Any place in Chennai from where I can procure and install illuminated door sills? I checked with the dealer and they have only plain sills which are not illuminated.

Also, will this void warranty? The dealer was trying to say that they dont do these types of installs as they put extra load on the electricals. Is this true?
And here in Delhi I have been looking for plain ones with no luck.

Couple of showroom accessories' guys have told me all they have are the illuminated ones and that it won't void warranty (as its genuine Hyundai product) and that they won't cut wires for installation (a splitter would be used).

Didn't go for it as wasn't willing to take chances with warranty.
abhi7887 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2013, 11:25   #68
BHPian

Quote:

Hi Arvind, i believe i had seen a few of these on ebay. Also the scuff plates lights are just plain diodes which are hooked up with the car's electricals. Unlike what the dealer says, they dont stress out the battery. It is minimal but not negligible.
Old 5th April 2013, 11:34   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Have to check the manual as I am not sure the anti pinch works in my car.

!
i20 doesnt come with anti-pinch feature, atleast the Asta model i have doesn't sport that feature

Last edited by raj.barcode : 5th April 2013 at 11:52.
raj.barcode is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2013, 11:52   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
i20 doesnt come with anti-pinch feature
I am not sure of the older gen i20, but the new one does come with it. Checked it by sticking a water bottle when raising the window.
bharat4ever is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2013, 12:13   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
I am not sure of the older gen i20, but the new one does come with it. Checked it by sticking a water bottle when raising the window.
Mine works on driver side only didn't know that new one had all windows with that feature
Old 5th April 2013, 12:26   #72
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

How does it work for other windows? Even if you continue pressing the switch, it will roll down if it encounters an obstacle?

And is it there for all windows, or just driver side 'auto' window?
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2013, 12:37   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
How does it work for other windows? Even if you continue pressing the switch, it will roll down if it encounters an obstacle?

And is it there for all windows, or just driver side 'auto' window?

In mine, only driver side window has auto up and down feature so guess it is tagged with that
Old 5th April 2013, 17:14   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7887 View Post
And here in Delhi I have been looking for plain ones with no luck.

Couple of showroom accessories' guys have told me all they have are the illuminated ones and that it won't void warranty (as its genuine Hyundai product) and that they won't cut wires for installation (a splitter would be used).

Didn't go for it as wasn't willing to take chances with warranty.
Wow exact opposite requirements!!! Why dont I send you the normal sills and you send me the illuminated ones . I dont think the warranty will be void if the dealer himself does it right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
Hi Arvind, i believe i had seen a few of these on ebay. Also the scuff plates lights are just plain diodes which are hooked up with the car's electricals. Unlike what the dealer says, they dont stress out the battery. It is minimal but not negligible.
Yes, I have seen them on ebay too but am not much of an online buyer. Also my dealer does not want to do it so would want someone who would have it in stock and also do it for me. High hopes I know

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
Mine works on driver side only didn't know that new one had all windows with that feature
I tried putting my hand as a blocker and it did not work. Will try with something else this time and report back.
Old 5th April 2013, 18:10   #75
BHPian

Congrats on the car Arvind. I20, is an amazing hatchback to own, It beats every other contendar in this segment with its class leading features. I am sure you will definately enjoy crunching miles on the same. For long time even I was planning to exchange my Zen Estilo, for much more safer and practical hatcback. And I usually end up swinging between the Polo, Punto and the i20. Now since the 2012 versions of i20, Punto and Polo are out it should make my life easy to choose between the three. To be very honest, the confusion in my mind is choosing between Feature Rich VS Ride Quality VS Brilliant Handling Product. Meanwhile, just wanted to know, does the i20 steering weigh up as the speedo climbs up??
sawnilrules is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks