Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2013, 19:47   #76
Senior - BHPian

re: iGen i20 Sportz CRDi - Ownership report EDIT: Sold after accident!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawnilrules View Post
Congrats on the car Arvind. I20, is an amazing hatchback to own, It beats every other contendar in this segment with its class leading features. I am sure you will definately enjoy crunching miles on the same. For long time even I was planning to exchange my Zen Estilo, for much more safer and practical hatcback. And I usually end up swinging between the Polo, Punto and the i20. Now since the 2012 versions of i20, Punto and Polo are out it should make my life easy to choose between the three. To be very honest, the confusion in my mind is choosing between Feature Rich VS Ride Quality VS Brilliant Handling Product. Meanwhile, just wanted to know, does the i20 steering weigh up as the speedo climbs up??
Thank you. Good dilemma to be in . To answer your question, yes it does weigh up but it still gives zero feedback. The swift even though its also EPS, weighs up considerably better. The i20 is not the car which you would want to go for if you value handling very highly. Let us know what is your choice when its made!!!
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2013, 22:23   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
Thank you. Good dilemma to be in . To answer your question, yes it does weigh up but it still gives zero feedback. The swift even though its also EPS, weighs up considerably better. The i20 is not the car which you would want to go for if you value handling very highly. Let us know what is your choice when its made!!!

Thanks mate, Yups definately, will keep you posted on the purchase. Again, Fiat is coming with Punto Abarth, and traditionaly, Abarth for Fiat is what AMG is for Mercedes or what M is for BMW. That machine is definately going to be Scorcher... Hopefully, they should launch it with right price tag. If it comes anything between 9 to 10 lacs, I am game for it.
sawnilrules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2013, 09:09   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawnilrules View Post
Thanks mate, Yups definately, will keep you posted on the purchase. Again, Fiat is coming with Punto Abarth, and traditionaly, Abarth for Fiat is what AMG is for Mercedes or what M is for BMW. That machine is definately going to be Scorcher... Hopefully, they should launch it with right price tag. If it comes anything between 9 to 10 lacs, I am game for it.
If the Abarth comes for 9-10 lakhs, many people will be in queue I guess. But as discussed in the other thread, the price will be closer to 15 probably
Old 14th April 2013, 21:29   #79
Senior - BHPian

Went on a trip to Madurai and back in the car. Performed very well and kept us incomfort throughout the journey. 4 ppl + full luggage and ac in full blast. Engine was not strained at all.

There were acouple of moments when I felt nervous when the vehicle went over some undulations as the steering went lifeless. The car was cruising at 2200rpm at speeds of 110 giving an overall mileage of around 17.5. Very satisfied with the car and considering that my top speed is not going to exceed 120 happy with high way behaviour as well. But the swift is definitely the more fun car to drive even with the puny 165mm tyres
Old 15th April 2013, 10:20   #80
BHPian

Arvind, when you slot the gear in reverse, does both the reverse lamps (in the rear) glow or just the one on the left glows. Can you please check and let me know.
On my brother's i20, just 1 lamp glows and the dealer says that is how it is. Can you please confirm.
Thanks
zteg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2013, 11:33   #81
Senior - BHPian

@ zteg New iGen i20 has got only one reverse lamp other one is rear fog lamp. I really hate this configuration of few new cars fixing one reverse lamp.
myavu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2013, 11:53   #82
BHPian

Great to know you had an uneventful trip. regarding the steering, its sometimes wierd that it doesn't weight up correctly and causes confusion at times because you are waiting for the car to give you feedback. and @Zteg, i believe myavu has answered correctly. I think even puntos have a similar configuration.
Arch-Angel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2013, 15:50   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zteg View Post
Arvind, when you slot the gear in reverse, does both the reverse lamps (in the rear) glow or just the one on the left glows. Can you please check and let me know.
On my brother's i20, just 1 lamp glows and the dealer says that is how it is. Can you please confirm.
Thanks
Thats cost cutting for you, there will be 1 reverse and 1 rear fog light. Just wondering on the performance of those DRLs as I have seen them to be super bright even in daylight. I guess you can drive around without the fog lights being on in underground parking.
motomaverick is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2013, 16:51   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zteg View Post
Thanks
Just one glows. I am not sure about the lower variants, but this config works just fine with the reverse camera. I feel that two lamps would have been an overkill and would have made the video feed overexposed.

Can anyone confirm something for me. There is a lamp above the rear numberplate to illuminate the plate right? Are there two lamps, or just one? I gave my car for service and now I see there is only one lamp. The other slot is empty.
bharat4ever is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2013, 17:59   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
Just one glows. I am not sure about the lower variants, but this config works just fine with the reverse camera. I feel that two lamps would have been an overkill and would have made the video feed overexposed.

Can anyone confirm something for me. There is a lamp above the rear numberplate to illuminate the plate right? Are there two lamps, or just one? I gave my car for service and now I see there is only one lamp. The other slot is empty.
Will check and get back. Loved reading your ownership report.

I have one question. I have a 3 month old 1.2l Magna.

Now that summers have hit the northern plains, have started using the AC, was driving one day when the co-passenger remarked that cold air blows onto their legs(more like between thighs and the calf region) even when the knob is positioned to the face position. Checked this carefully and noticed that some amount of air does come out from the drivers side as well. Moved the knob to the legs position and the airflow increased a bit.

Can anybody else check and let me know if this is normal? I know there are vents for the rear passengers feet, but not sure if it exists for the front passenger as well. And also, if it throws out air all the time irrespective of the knob position.
Sinner666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2013, 18:13   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
@ zteg New iGen i20 has got only one reverse lamp other one is rear fog lamp. I really hate this configuration of few new cars fixing one reverse lamp.
Yes it has got only one lamp but as bharat said, that one lamp is enough even in pitch dark conditions as the light is enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
Great to know you had an uneventful trip. regarding the steering, its sometimes wierd that it doesn't weight up correctly and causes confusion at times because you are waiting for the car to give you feedback. and @Zteg, i believe myavu has answered correctly. I think even puntos have a similar configuration.
Yeah, now I have got used to not expecting any feedback from the car

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Thats cost cutting for you, there will be 1 reverse and 1 rear fog light. Just wondering on the performance of those DRLs as I have seen them to be super bright even in daylight. I guess you can drive around without the fog lights being on in underground parking.
Yes the DRLs are super bright and will do the job for you in places like underground parking. Umpteen number of people have indicated to me to switch off the light during the day and look at me like I am mad when I say its fine

Quote:
Sure, will check and revert back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner666 View Post

Now that summers have hit the northern plains, have started using the AC, was driving one day when the co-passenger remarked that cold air blows onto their legs(more like between thighs and the calf region) even when the knob is positioned to the face position. Checked this carefully and noticed that some amount of air does come out from the drivers side as well. Moved the knob to the legs position and the airflow increased a bit.

Can anybody else check and let me know if this is normal? I know there are vents for the rear passengers feet, but not sure if it exists for the front passenger as well. And also, if it throws out air all the time irrespective of the knob position.
Maybe its due to the way the vents are directed? Have you tried adjusting the vents? Will check this as well and get back
Old 15th April 2013, 22:05   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I did check this and I found that there are 2 bulbs in my car and both of them are perfectly fine. Check with your SA, one of the bulbs might have gone bust

Quote:

I tried to simulate this situation and was able to get some kind of air flow near the thighs only when I kept the vent turned towards the downward area. Maybe others can advice here
Old 18th April 2013, 12:53   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Yes it has got only one lamp but as bharat said, that one lamp is enough even in pitch dark conditions as the light is enough.

Yeah, now I have got used to not expecting any feedback from the car

Yes the DRLs are super bright and will do the job for you in places like underground parking. Umpteen number of people have indicated to me to switch off the light during the day and look at me like I am mad when I say its fine

Sure, will check and revert back

Maybe its due to the way the vents are directed? Have you tried adjusting the vents? Will check this as well and get back
Quote:
I did check this and I found that there are 2 bulbs in my car and both of them are perfectly fine. Check with your SA, one of the bulbs might have gone bust

I tried to simulate this situation and was able to get some kind of air flow near the thighs only when I kept the vent turned towards the downward area. Maybe others can advice here
I did check that the vents were directed upwards.

My suspicion - While I was getting it ICE'd(it was a Magna-Non Option Pack and didn't come with factory fitted ICE), for installing the HU, they had to literally take apart the entire dashboard from the passengers side. I did notice some plastic ducts which resembled air conditioning pipes hanging unconnected. My guess now is that they didn't fit it back properly!

Guess I need to visit the ASS faster than I imagined I would have to!!
Sinner666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2013, 18:23   #89

Quote:
I did check that the vents were directed upwards.
=============
Guess I need to visit the ASS faster than I imagined I would have to!!
That could be the reason. I checked on my i20 Asta, if you direct it to throw air at the face that’s where the air is directed. The other possibility can be that the rear ac duct is blocked by a raised mat or something and is causing the air to flow in the front, but that would mean you would feel the cold air at your heels and not toes.
pro711 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2013, 10:21   #90
BHPian

Updates, updates and updates! Anything new with the car Arvind sir!?! What is your current ODO reading?
Arch-Angel is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks