Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2013, 15:10   #151
Senior - BHPian

re: iGen i20 Sportz CRDi - Ownership report EDIT: Sold after accident!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Arthur View Post
Hi All,

My friend has an i20 CRDI which has done about 30000 kms. The car's engine seems to be very rough and there is also a kind of drumming sound heard when the turbo turns on. What could be the issue? There is no drop in power and the acceleration is good. But the initial surge that used to be present is no longer felt.

I drove the car and this is my inference.

Thanks in advance.
Hi - I am not sure what the problem can be but has your friend visited the service station and if yes what are they saying? When you say rough, you mean to say there is a lot of clatter is it? My car does not have a lot of clatter and at least I am not able to hear any drumming sound when in the turbo zone.

Let me know what the SA says if your friend decides to visit the service center
Old 31st July 2013, 15:19   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
Hi - I am not sure what the problem can be but has your friend visited the service station and if yes what are they saying? When you say rough, you mean to say there is a lot of clatter is it? My car does not have a lot of clatter and at least I am not able to hear any drumming sound when in the turbo zone.

Let me know what the SA says if your friend decides to visit the service center
Hi Arvind,

Thanks for the reply. Yes. The engine is not smooth as it was before. I drive it once a while and I know how it was before.

He had taken it to the service center and the SA said that the LHS wheel bearing was gone. He is yet to get a second opinion.

I will keep you posted. Also do you use System D or any other additive?
Maxwell Arthur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2013, 15:24   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Arthur View Post
Hi Arvind,

Thanks for the reply. Yes. The engine is not smooth as it was before. I drive it once a while and I know how it was before.

He had taken it to the service center and the SA said that the LHS wheel bearing was gone. He is yet to get a second opinion.

I will keep you posted. Also do you use System D or any other additive?
What is the connection between engine smoothness and LHS wheel bearing?

Also what is system D . Car runs only on what was there when it was bought. Not even engine oil changed
Old 31st July 2013, 15:43   #154
BHPian

Quote:

Also what is system D . Car runs only on what was there when it was bought. Not even engine oil changed
System D is a diesel additive which has detergents specially formulated to remove clogging or blockages from the fuel injectors to ensure better fuel delivery and therefore better engine characteristics.
Arch-Angel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2013, 15:48   #155
BHPian

Quote:

I seriously have no idea. But I am not sure whether the engine would sound rough, or rather I should say NOT SO MILD, after 30K of driving. I know my friend is not easy on the accelerator.

I am not sure what could be done to have the engine note sound mild. :(
Maxwell Arthur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2013, 10:36   #156
Senior - BHPian

The car has now run 9500+ km and is going on well. Couple of observations:

1. The head lamp throw is pathetic both in low and high beams. Am driving in rains for the past couple of weeks and I see that the light is not at all adequate. Any suggestions on a worthy up grade which will help me see better at night?

2. I sometimes accidentally shift to 3rd gear when trying to shift to 1st gear. This happens say once in 40-50 times. Irritating. Its probably because I am in a hurry to slot into gear and move but have not faced this problem with other cars
Old 19th August 2013, 17:45   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. The head lamp throw is pathetic both in low and high beams. Am driving in rains for the past couple of weeks and I see that the light is not at all adequate. Any suggestions on a worthy up grade which will help me see better at night?
If you dont want to meddle with wiring, go for the Osram Nightbreaker Plus. I have installed it and pretty happy with it. If your car is equipped with fog lamps, I guess there is Osram Nightbreaker for that too. You can check that in n_aditya's Ritz thread.
guyfrmblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2013, 11:31   #158
Senior - BHPian

Gave my car for the 10,000 km service. Following is the break up of the estimate:

Fuel filter - 2000
Engine oil - 1300
Air filter - 350
W/A and tyre rotation - 550
AC cleaning - 800

AC cleaning was something which I did not want but my dad was unhappy with the a/c cooling effectiveness and hence the AC cleaning. Will post the detailed break up post getting the car.
Old 23rd August 2013, 16:50   #159
Senior - BHPian

Got a call from the Hyundai service center regarding service feedback. I told them that my dad has just gone to take delivery of the car and I will give feedback after driving tomorrow. For which their reply was this feedback call is for the first service which happened 6 months back!!!

My main feedback to them was to call more promptly
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2013, 11:57   #160
BHPian

Quote:
The car has now run 9500+ km and is going on well. Couple of observations:

1. The head lamp throw is pathetic both in low and high beams. Am driving in rains for the past couple of weeks and I see that the light is not at all adequate. Any suggestions on a worthy up grade which will help me see better at night
I wasn't very very happy with my lights either so I upgraded them to Phillips xtreme Vision . You will need 2 pairs. 1 set for highs & 1 for low. Its a drop in upgrade, no relay & you get about 30 to 40% more light. I paid 1400 a pair.
Zahir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2013, 15:42   #161
Senior - BHPian

The Central locking of my car has stopped working. Took it to the dealer and they say some malfunction which will need a replacement costing around 900 rupees. I waiting for the spare to arrive. The left passenger doors locking system is the culprit.

The sa told that the malfunction is due to rough usage :(

Last edited by arvind71181 : 8th September 2013 at 15:44.
Old 23rd September 2013, 15:26   #162
Senior - BHPian

Replaced the locking system for 800 rupees and now all is well again.

Also went on a quick temple visit this weekend: Chennai --> Tindivanam --> Mailam -->Moratandi --> Pondicherry --> Mayavaram --> Koothanur --> ECR --> Chennai.

Round trip of around 600 kilometers with temple stops at Mailam, Moratandi and Koothanur. No issues with the car, very well behaved. In the twisties though wished had brought my swift as it would have given me more joy and I could have chucked it around the bends a little more. Attempting to chuck the i20 into corners is extremely scary . But the fact that it is a diesel car and it has more boot space makes it the favorite for out of town trips. Odo stands at 11600 kms now.

Also the state highways are maintained very well with lush green surrounding you everywhere. Only the stretch from Sirkazhi to Mayavaram was a little bad, otherwise the roads were very nice
Old 5th October 2013, 20:01   #163
Senior - BHPian

The car completed 12000 km yesterday. Nothing major to report has been chugging along quite nicely with minimum fuss. Hoping for the same to continue
Old 14th October 2013, 14:11   #164
Senior - BHPian

Just returned from a 800 km round trip to bangalore. Smooth trip and the car was fine. Upto speeds of 120 the car is fine. On an empty stretch tried to take it to higher speeds but the car was bouncing all over the place and the steering was completely lifeless. A beat diesel was doing 130 to 140 comfortably though. Guess the suspension and steering feedback is better there than on the i20
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2013, 17:32   #165
Distinguished - BHPian

Hope Hyundai is taking notes. We're all fans but please revise your suspension to be more hard and pliant (we can live with a little rough ride everyday) and also introduce motor-hydraulic steering/or setup your steering with full front-wheel contact and substantially lesser assist from motor. To make up for it cut a few features, we dont mind.

@Arvind bet the wild ride began after reaching the city.. what with the inter-state/local buses and autos running amok. How'd you find the chaos? Keep updating
dark.knight is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks