Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2013, 11:41   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My Nissan Sunny XL DCi - The Caaaar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achyuth Vaibhav View Post
Good news: The car has crossed the 17000 km mark and is going strong. Mileage is also stand at 22 kmpl. I have installed and Exhaust finisher for the car as the area which surrounded the exhaust pipe was filled with black dirt so I thought this would improve the aesthetics of the car and will also help in keeping the car clean.
Yup Nissan takes a really long time in accidental repair work. My car had met with an incident and the rear left side door needed replacement and they took close to 35 days to get the work done. This also after we knew the owner of the dealership. But the final work quality was good.

How do you manage to extract 22 kmpl? My car has covered 21000 kms but the average FE I get is around 17-18 kmpl. Thats a significant difference.
Old 24th November 2013, 11:47   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Yup Nissan takes a really long time in accidental repair work. My car had met with an incident and the rear left side door needed replacement and they took close to 35 days to get the work done. This also after we knew the owner of the dealership. But the final work quality was good.

How do you manage to extract 22 kmpl? My car has covered 21000 kms but the average FE I get is around 17-18 kmpl. Thats a significant difference.
I have been traveling more in highways for the past 2 to 3 months. So I get 22 kmpl. I set A/C at 23 degrees. From my yesterday's drive to Chennai, I got 23 kmpl. The dealership guys are indeed good, but they so nuch of time for this which is pretty irritating. You mentioned previously in a post that you drive mostly in the city limits, right?. That's why I think you get 17-18 kmpl.

Regards,

Achyuth
Old 25th November 2013, 12:25   #63
BHPian

Quote:
A biker in a Discover crashed the rear bumper of the caar which crumbled and broke own. The RHS tail lamp also crumbled.

Good news: The car has crossed the 17000 km mark and is going strong. Mileage is also stand at 22 kmpl.

Thanks,

Achyuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Quote:
I have been traveling more in highways for the past 2 to 3 months. So I get 22 kmpl. I set A/C at 23 degrees. From my yesterday's drive to Chennai, I got 23 kmpl. You mentioned previously in a post that you drive mostly in the city limits, right?. That's why I think you get 17-18 kmpl.

Regards,

Achyuth
@ Achyuth, sorry to hear about the accident. Did the biker crash into your car at high speeds? Mine has had a minor incident where a reckless biker suddenly swerved and my car's front hit his bike. Nothing major but resulted in a dent in the bumper. Think the plastic bumpers result in dents even at the slightest touch !

@ Dr. Mohit, Achyuth - guess the mileage numbers mentioned here are purely due to driving conditions. Mine has done ~17500 kms (~80% in Bangalore city conditions) and average mileage over this period is ~16.5-17.0 kmpl. However, mileage improves significantly on highway rides. Recently did a 450 km round trip to Mysore and mileage on this trip works out to well over 22. Extracted over 20 on past rides to Coorg, Coimbatore and Chennai. All driving with 100% ACC on, usually at 22-24 degrees.

Cheers,
Arun Anand
aroonanand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2013, 19:38   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroonanand View Post
@ Achyuth, sorry to hear about the accident. Did the biker crash into your car at high speeds? Mine has had a minor incident where a reckless biker suddenly swerved and my car's front hit his bike. Nothing major but resulted in a dent in the bumper. Think the plastic bumpers result in dents even at the slightest touch !

Dear Aroonanand,

What actually happened is I parked my car outside my house. The biker was riding at a high speed and he lost control in a bad patch of road (the road that was parallel to my house) and he crashed on my car. The taillamp broke into several pieces and the bumper had a large bulge. Had to replace both the parts.

Quote:
@ Dr. Mohit, Achyuth - guess the mileage numbers mentioned here are purely due to driving conditions. Mine has done ~17500 kms (~80% in Bangalore city conditions) and average mileage over this period is ~16.5-17.0 kmpl. However, mileage improves significantly on highway rides. Recently did a 450 km round trip to Mysore and mileage on this trip works out to well over 22. Extracted over 20 on past rides to Coorg, Coimbatore and Chennai. All driving with 100% ACC on, usually at 22-24 degrees.

Cheers,
Arun Anand
Mine has covered 17000+ km and gives me 17-18 in city (Mad Vellore traffic) and 22-24 in highways( Mostly in and around Chennai, Bangalore).

Regards,

Achyuth
Old 26th November 2013, 21:44   #65
BHPian

Pics. Sorry for the quality as they are mobile pics.
Attached Images

Achyuth Vaibhav is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th December 2013, 15:41   #66
BHPian

Hi Achyuth,

The pics are really great and it shows your attachment with the caaaar! Great!

You didn't go for wheel alignment / balancing / rotation after the 1st service at 10k kms?

My SUNNY XVD was manufactured in Jan 2013 (took the delivery on April 12) and doesn't qualify for the Brake Cylinder replacement. While there is no doubt the brakes lack the bite when compared to other cars, I have been in a couple of scenarios where I needed to brake hard and the brakes didn't disappoint. One was at 80kmph and the other on an incline at about 40 kmph.

However, I would surely like to have a better control over the brakes (in terms of stopping capability).

Keeping in mind the above points, can you please let me know -

1) Your car's manufacturing month?

2) Is it advisable to get the Brake Cylinder changed on my own?

Other than this the caaar is an absolute breeze to drive, whether in the city or on highways.

I get 17 kmpl consistently in Bangalore City and atleast 22 kmpl on highways, with A/C at 24 degrees all the time.

The torque delivery at low rpms is something to be experienced first hand.

I hope you have figured out the steering tilt adjustment by now. If not, I would be happy to post a pic for you!

Wish you tons of happy miles with your beloved SUNNY!

P.S. Here's one pic of the caaaar on the way to Goa -

My Nissan Sunny XL DCi - The Caaaar-25.jpg

Last edited by Safety is Param : 11th December 2013 at 15:47.
Safety is Param is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2013, 18:09   #67
BHPian

Hi Safety is Param

My car's manufacturing date: July 2012.

I think it is not advisable to change the Brake cylinder by your own. It might void the warranty if you are using a non Nissan authorised part.

And yeah I found the way to tilt the steering.

Regards,
Achyuth

Last edited by Rehaan : 13th December 2013 at 13:54. Reason: 2013 > 2012 as requested.
Old 12th December 2013, 18:21   #68
BHPian

Quote:
I think it is not advisable to change the Brake cylinder by your own. It might void the warranty if you are using a non Nissan authorised part.
Sorry for not being clear; I meant, pro-actively get the Brake Cylinder changed at the Nissan Service Centre if the replacement is worth it.
Old 12th December 2013, 18:34   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post

Sorry for not being clear; I meant, pro-actively get the Brake Cylinder changed at the Nissan Service Centre if the replacement is worth it.
If so you get it done. There will not be any problem.
Old 12th December 2013, 21:33   #70
BHPian

Didn't want to hijack your thread, so posting in the Official review thread -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3318341

Last edited by Safety is Param : 12th December 2013 at 21:59.
Old 17th March 2014, 19:32   #71
BHPian

Hi guys,

Sunny has completed the 20k km mark successfully without any niggles. The service was also completed without any issues. They had changed the rear suspension's bearing.

Had completed a recent trip to Chennai today. Here are the mileage figures

To Chennai:

Destination: Chennai, Ashok Nagar.

Distance: 140+ km

Mileage: 20.2 kmpl

From Chennai:

Mileage 21.3 kmpl

A/C was constantly in 20 degrees.

Mileage in city is 17 kmpl. Sometimes it goes down to 16 kmpl.

Pics from the trip will be uploaded soon.

Regards,
Achyuth

P.S: Has anyone tried the bluetooth kit in the genuine accessories list in Nissan website. if so, please reply to this message.

Last edited by Achyuth Vaibhav : 17th March 2014 at 19:42.
Achyuth Vaibhav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2014, 13:03   #72
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Sorry for not updating the thread for many days

Updates:

Havent driven in the highways for quite a long period of time
Kilometers covered: 23770 km

Mileage: 16.5 km/l

Will update you more about the Caaaar soon.

Thanks,

Achyuth
Old 15th July 2014, 19:29   #73
BHPian

Hi guys,

I had a problem recently with the A/C of my car.

The problem is that when the A/C is kept at temperatures of 18, 19 and 20, it does not work properly, but when it is kept at temperatures of 23 and 24, it works well. Has anyone else experienced the same problem? If so please convey it.

Thanks,

Achyuth

Last edited by Achyuth Vaibhav : 15th July 2014 at 19:30.
Old 19th July 2014, 20:30   #74
BHPian

Hi buddies,

Report of 4th Major (25000 km) service:

There were few minor problems like A/C not working properly at lower temperatures and squeaking of brakes.

There was a small problem with the service center guys who are doing some stealing work.

I think Nissan's separation from Hover has not made quite a big difference. These guys have stolen the following things from me :

Car Charger
Exhaust can (chrome finish)
2 tupperware bottles.

But as far as the treatment of customers goes, these guys do it quite well. Well furnished A/C room and a nice cup of coffee and he showed us everything about the new Sunny.

Car:

Car is back to normal works. Its doing the daily rounds well. Now the old "bulletproof car" is back. Performance is stellar and the comfort levels are excellent. A/C is also doing good.

Now I am in search of new mats. These old plastic mats are just unbearable. They just accumulate all the dust particles from our footwear.

Fuel efficiency is just excellent. I just got figures of 17.5 kmpl doing rounds in rush hour traffic. I think the quality of servicing has played an important role in this.

Thanks,

Achyuth
Old 19th July 2014, 22:17   #75
Senior - BHPian

^^ Did they tell anything about what could have been wrong with the A/C?

Being a Nissan owner myself, I'm worried how such a good brand with good cars is being taken to the dumps by their dealer behavior. I was hoping that things would have got sorted out once Hover was out of the picture.

Last edited by thoma : 19th July 2014 at 22:18.
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks