Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2013, 11:16   #46
BHPian

re: Yes, Black Ford Figo TDCi it is (Race Chipped)! EDIT: 40k km update

Hi Swami, congrats on the RaceChipped Figo.

Could you pls share us the price details. I was keen on having it installed on my Figo too in near future.

Please provide your views about driveability and power delivery of Racechip after your run-in.

Also please give us the info about the installation and feedback about Torque.

So you can now say that you got one HOT black Figo!. Looking and performing HOTT!!!.
Old 9th July 2013, 11:19   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami.n View Post
Its official. The Figo got race chip(ed) today.

Got the installation done at The Torque garage..
Excellent! Please do let us know as to how the performance is. I am planning to get my Ritz Race Chip'd too!
Old 9th July 2013, 14:44   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
Please observe if there is any improvement in the low end torque. Also can you please check if there is any improvement in the fuel efficiency.

Was racechip courired to UK ? Did it cost you some where around 10k ?
I'll post detailed observations after getting atleast a 1000kms.

My BIL was in Sweden, and he bought it directly from the Racechip.de site and shipping is free across europe.

Mine is the Race Chip Pro2 variant and it came around 229 Eur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
Hi Swami, congrats on the RaceChipped Figo.
Thanks DRIVE_ADDICT.
Quote:
Could you pls share us the price details. I was keen on having it installed on my Figo too in near future.
It cost me around 229 Eur for the Pro2 variant. The Base variant is 129Eur and the Ultimate variant is 449Eur.
Quote:
Please provide your views about driveability and power delivery of Racechip after your run-in.
With the few KMs that I have driven currently(approx 50kms), there is certainly a definite improvement is the in-traffic driveability. I am now able to maintain certain speeds in certain gears with lesser throttle than before.
Not tested the 5th gear above 90kmph performance yet.

Quote:
Also please give us the info about the installation and feedback about Torque.
Though I felt the Rs.500 which they charged me was on the higher side, considering the ease with which the Race chip can be installed on the Figo, I would still recommend "The Torque" for such works for their approach and treatment. I did get to see some exotic cars, so the price is justified .
Quote:
So you can now say that you got one HOT black Figo!. Looking and performing HOTT!!!.
Thats how a car with such precise handling should be. Isn't it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Excellent! Please do let us know as to how the performance is. I am planning to get my Ritz Race Chip'd too!
Thanks. Will sure post detailed information sometime later.
swami.n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2013, 21:59   #49

Hi Swami. Could you please let me know what is the default setting for your Race chip ?
Old 10th July 2013, 15:09   #50
BHPian

Hi Swami, You said that you switched to 15" and 195 section tyre, I could see the same spec mentioned by Kingofmyworld on his Figo
(See his ownership thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-titanium.html)

But to me Kingofmyworld's Tyre looks BIG and fatter than yours. May be due to angles.

Uploaded picture below for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Yes, Black Ford Figo TDCi it is (Race Chipped)! EDIT: 40k km update-kingofmyworldwheel.jpg  

Yes, Black Ford Figo TDCi it is (Race Chipped)! EDIT: 40k km update-swamifigowheel.jpg  

Old 11th July 2013, 13:33   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerboyz View Post
Hi Swami. Could you please let me know what is the default setting for your Race chip ?
I have not yet opened the race chip box to see what setting it was shipped with. I will note down when I open it to change the settings.

Quote:
Hi Swami, You said that you switched to 15" and 195 section tyre, I could see the same spec mentioned by Kingofmyworld on his Figo
(See his ownership thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-titanium.html)

But to me Kingofmyworld's Tyre looks BIG and fatter than yours. May be due to angles.

Uploaded picture below for reference.
Hi DRIVE_ADDICT, Its both the angle of the picture and the tread pattern of the tyres that create a visual difference in size. I will probably take a picture from a similar angle to the photo you have posted & see how much of a size difference is noticeable.
Old 18th July 2013, 17:08   #52
BHPian

Some drool worthy exterior snaps taken recently at 3M nungambakkam.

Went there to get the once in 6months, free underbody checkup & touch up and got the exterior polishing done. They did a fantastic job at removing the swirl marks.

I thought of waiting for the monsoon to be over to get the exterior polishing done, but the advise from those at 3M was to get it done before the rains start. Maximum damage to the paint happens during rains and polishing helps to avoid it majorly. Thought what they said was fair enough and went for the polishing.

I just kept gazing at the Figo for a while. Dint know a dated design can look so good (ofcourse with a good set of wheels and a little bit of chroming here and there).

The last one is in front of our home.

Yes, Black Ford Figo TDCi it is (Race Chipped)! EDIT: 40k km update-1.jpg

Yes, Black Ford Figo TDCi it is (Race Chipped)! EDIT: 40k km update-2.jpg

Yes, Black Ford Figo TDCi it is (Race Chipped)! EDIT: 40k km update-3.jpg

Yes, Black Ford Figo TDCi it is (Race Chipped)! EDIT: 40k km update-4.jpg

Yes, Black Ford Figo TDCi it is (Race Chipped)! EDIT: 40k km update-5.jpg

Yes, Black Ford Figo TDCi it is (Race Chipped)! EDIT: 40k km update-6.jpg

Yes, Black Ford Figo TDCi it is (Race Chipped)! EDIT: 40k km update-7.jpg

Yes, Black Ford Figo TDCi it is (Race Chipped)! EDIT: 40k km update-8.jpg

Yes, Black Ford Figo TDCi it is (Race Chipped)! EDIT: 40k km update-9.jpg

Yes, Black Ford Figo TDCi it is (Race Chipped)! EDIT: 40k km update-10.jpg
Old 20th August 2013, 16:00   #53
BHPian

2nd Service @ 9500Kms:

The Figo has gone for the 2nd Service today to MPL Ford @ 9500kms. The SA gave an estimate of 1800rs. Did not have anything specific to correct, so just a routine service. Gave the car at 10am and got a call at around 1pm that the servicing is done and the car will be sent for wash and be ready in an hour.

Just received a call that the vehicle is delivered at home and the total cost of service is Rs 1745/-

Some RaceChip Observations:

Though this is not a detailed review on the RaceChip, a few observations on the 2000+ Kms that I have covered since having it installed.

Power:

Did a trip to Bangalore recently, but did not go flat out to test the Top speed. But there is a considerable improvement in the midrange where the car used to be sluggish. The sluggishness was again felt today when I removed the RaceChip before giving for service. There is enough punch left while trying to overtake on the highways at speeds above 80Kmph with the chip on.

Mileage:

This is one area which really makes the RaceChip buy worthwhile. On the trip, it gulped 23ltrs of diesel for 500kms. This includes 90 odd Kms in heavy Bangalore traffic. I have never got 20 + mileage in the 5000+ Kms before installing the race chip. Not even on the two long trips. This probably is because I am able to maintain certain speeds with lesser throttle than before. Also thanks to @kpzen, I am changing gears at the right speeds. In city, it consistently returns 15-17kmpl.
Old 26th September 2013, 15:19   #54
BHPian

Hi Swami, I got a glimpse of your black beauty today morning at Ashok nagar. Without your permission i clicked a snap of your ride, hope you dont mind. The chrome surrounding on windows looks classy on your black. Nice choice of variant and color. I guess in Figo one should go for Titanium or LXI. You are wise to chose LXI and fit after market accessories.

Nice ride. Thanks for your feedback on Racechip, I was looking forward to Racechip mine soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Yes, Black Ford Figo TDCi it is (Race Chipped)! EDIT: 40k km update-20130926_105230.jpg  

Old 26th September 2013, 16:21   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Swami, I got a glimpse of your black beauty today morning at Ashok nagar. Without your permission i clicked a snap of your ride, hope you dont mind. The chrome surrounding on windows looks classy on your black. Nice choice of variant and color. I guess in Figo one should go for Titanium or LXI. You are wise to chose LXI and fit after market accessories.

Nice ride. Thanks for your feedback on Racechip, I was looking forward to Racechip mine soon.
Good catch there Drive_Addict. I feel this should have gone to the Team-BHP stickers thread if the sticker was more visible. I don't mind at all, in fact feeling great when you remembered its mine .

And thanks for the compliments on the chrome surrounds. If you had noticed the front grille, I have added a similar chrome bordering like in the all new fiesta.

By the way, is your office/home on the building diagonally opposite lakshman shruti? ie, the place where you took this photo from.
Old 26th September 2013, 16:38   #56
BHPian

Quote:
If you had noticed the front grille, I have added a similar chrome bordering like in the all new fiesta.

By the way, is your office/home on the building diagonally opposite lakshman shruti? ie, the place where you took this photo from.
Yes, that's my office.

But i couldn't find chrome surrounds in your front grille (ala fiesta) from your previous photographs, Is that you recently added that? Nice taste. Why don't you add your ride to Tastefully modified thread after a nice photo shoot.

Last edited by DRIVE_ADDICT : 26th September 2013 at 16:47.
Old 26th September 2013, 16:56   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, that's my office.

But i couldn't find chrome surrounds in your front grille (ala fiesta) from your previous photographs, Is that you recently added that? Nice taste. Why don't you add your ride to Tastefully modified thread after a nice photo shoot.
Yes, I had them done only around a month back. Not posted any photos yet.

Not sure whether my humble Figo is tastefully modified and qualifies to be in the thread yet.

: The person who was driving the car today is my friend as he is having my car for the last couple of days and I'm driving his pulsar. He lives a couple of streets behind your office. I will come to pick the car tonight probably by 8.30 or so. We can probably catchup. Is your house nearby?
Old 26th September 2013, 17:06   #58
BHPian

My house is near by too, I will PM. :-)
Old 13th October 2013, 18:47   #59
BHPian

Quote:
2nd Service @ 9500Kms:

The Figo has gone for the 2nd Service today to MPL Ford @ 9500kms. The SA gave an estimate of 1800rs. Did not have anything specific to correct, so just a routine service. Gave the car at 10am and got a call at around 1pm that the servicing is done and the car will be sent for wash and be ready in an hour.

Just received a call that the vehicle is delivered at home and the total cost of service is Rs 1745/-

Some RaceChip Observations:

Though this is not a detailed review on the RaceChip, a few observations on the 2000+ Kms that I have covered since having it installed.

Power:

Did a trip to Bangalore recently, but did not go flat out to test the Top speed. But there is a considerable improvement in the midrange where the car used to be sluggish. The sluggishness was again felt today when I removed the RaceChip before giving for service. There is enough punch left while trying to overtake on the highways at speeds above 80Kmph with the chip on.

Mileage:

This is one area which really makes the RaceChip buy worthwhile. On the trip, it gulped 23ltrs of diesel for 500kms. This includes 90 odd Kms in heavy Bangalore traffic. I have never got 20 + mileage in the 5000+ Kms before installing the race chip. Not even on the two long trips. This probably is because I am able to maintain certain speeds with lesser throttle than before. Also thanks to @kpzen, I am changing gears at the right speeds. In city, it consistently returns 15-17kmpl.
Great going Swami

Now that its quite some time that you have been race chipped, would like to hear more about your experience with it. I too own a Figo TDCi and am planning to get the base version of the race chip. Mine will be more of highway run as I frequently travel Mumbai-Surat. If you can throw some light with your inputs regarding highway performance, mileage, overall experience, it would be of great help as I am still in two minds whether to go for it or not.

Cheers !!!
auto_enthusiast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2013, 15:11   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_enthusiast View Post
Great going Swami

Now that its quite some time that you have been race chipped, would like to hear more about your experience with it. I too own a Figo TDCi and am planning to get the base version of the race chip. Mine will be more of highway run as I frequently travel Mumbai-Surat. If you can throw some light with your inputs regarding highway performance, mileage, overall experience, it would be of great help as I am still in two minds whether to go for it or not.

Cheers !!!
Hey thanks auto_enthusiast.

yes, its absolutely worth it. The base variant is 129 Eur which makes it even better. You do have various settings by which you can change the power output. You can arrive at an optimum setting once you play with it. It will certainly improve the performance for the better.

But do not expect too much results as compared to the tuning boxes/remaps that are available other than the RaceChip. Remember those things almost cost thrice the RaceChip base version.

If you are planning to play with money upwards of 25k, you can always go for the remaps or other tuning boxes, but if you are on a restricted budget, then there is nothing close to the RaceChip.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks