Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2013, 11:52   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: DZire gets fulfilled : 2013 Silky Silver Maruti DZire Vxi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
Well frankly speaking, the brakes do feel weak in emergency braking conditions. But it is definitely not a deal breaker.
It was only yesterday when a cyclist jumped from nowhere in front of my car while I was doing 70kmph. I slammed the brakes and then realised that the DZire takes longer distance to come to a full stop, as compared to my swift zxi. To put it straight, the braking problem is definitely there, but it is not so prominent. The fact that we already know that the brakes lack bite make this problem more noticeable.

PS: The car did stop, and the cyclist escaped unhurt.
Hello dZired,

Thanks for the detailed ownership report of your beloved DZire! Congrats on the purchase. Just wanted to know if the Dzire was recalled for fixing the weal brakes issue? Isn't it? I am writing this as per my memory serves, I may or may not be right, but if that was recalled, why don't you consider the upgrade?

Regards,
Saket
Old 19th June 2013, 13:25   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post

Just wanted to know if the Dzire was recalled for fixing the weal brakes issue?
Well if memory serves me right, the DZire was never recalled for fixing brake issues after my purchase (January 2013).

Last edited by dZired : 19th June 2013 at 13:29.
Old 19th June 2013, 14:39   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Well if memory serves me right, the DZire was never recalled for fixing brake issues after my purchase (January 2013).
@dZired, considering the 14" wheels supplied with VXI (and 15" in ZXI), what do you feel about an upgrade to 15" with alloy wheels? How much money it may entail? and what will be the benefits? I guess it may improve the overall driving experience to some extent, but if you could put in your bit in view of your current possession (VXI).
Old 19th June 2013, 18:20   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, right. I looked on the internet. It was the new Swift which was recalled for fixing the braking issue.
Old 20th June 2013, 01:28   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitksvs View Post

@dZired, considering the 14" wheels supplied with VXI (and 15" in ZXI), what do you feel about an upgrade to 15" with alloy wheels? How much money it may entail? and what will be the benefits? I guess it may improve the overall driving experience to some extent, but if you could put in your bit in view of your current possession (VXI).
Upgrading to 15" will surely improve many characteristics of your car. Following are the main benefits of upgrading your tires and swapping the steel rims with alloys:
1. Improved ride quality
2. Better pickup
3. Lighter steering
4. Improved grip, and hence better braking (the difference in braking might be unnoticeable though)

The tires would cost around 5000 each and the alloys around 20000 for a set.

Even I was thinking of the same upgrade at the time of purchase but vitamin M didnt permit it. :(
dZired is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2013, 19:04   #36
Senior - BHPian

Faced a weird problem day before yesterday. The passenger side fog lamp's bulb disappeared from the fog lamp cluster. I found this since the bulb was not visible in the cluster but still a dim light was coming.
The following pic will explain what I am talking about.

Name:  ForumRunner_20130726_190136.png
Views: 4048
Size:  103.1 KB

Went for the second service today (more on that later) and got this issue rectified. The bulb had fallen from its holder and was hanging outside the cluster.

Last edited by dZired : 26th July 2013 at 19:05.
Old 9th August 2013, 22:54   #37
Senior - BHPian

At 4850 kms

A weird problem cropped up today morning when the car refused to start when the ignition was turned ON. Even the MID screen didn't lit up. Service center guys were called who came with a spare battery. Even after replacing the batteries, the DZire refused to start, but the MID and all other indicators were lit. Fuse box was checked, and it was straight-away declared that the fuses were fine. It was then towed to the service station and is now lying there. The problem has not yet been diagnosed. After multiple trials, the service center guys said there is some VVT sensor situated near the battery which has malfunctioned, due to which fuel is unable to reach the engine block.

Some key points:
1. Time from Purchase: 6 months and 12 days
2. Kilometers run: 4850
3. Last service at: 4600 kms

Can anyone help me find what can be the cause of such issue? And what all steps do I need to follow in order to ensure everything turns back to normal
Old 18th August 2013, 14:39   #38
Senior - BHPian

And finally, after sending some of the sensors to Bikaner, the actual cause of the above mentioned issue has come to light. It was a minor connection failure in the fuse box. The service centre guys took around a week to diagnose such a minor issue.

Meanwhile, I was provided with a WagonR test drive vehicle to use for the time being.

I hope to get my car back tomorrow.
Old 20th August 2013, 00:01   #39
Senior - BHPian

I have still not got the car back as now the AC is refusing to start. I am loosing my patience and am thinking to escalate the issue with higher authorities. I didnt pay 6.5 lacks to roam around in a WagonR test drive vehicle.
Old 23rd August 2013, 23:20   #40
Senior - BHPian

A Maruti engineer from delhi came yesterday and has advised the service center guys to change the BCM (body control module). The car is starting normally but still the Air Conditioning system is not working. I also talked to the Works Manager (Mr Amit Soni), who has assured me that the problem will be solved within two days.

I am getting restless now and am hoping the issue gets resolved by monday.
Old 24th August 2013, 00:39   #41
BHPian

Quote:
A Maruti engineer from delhi came yesterday and has advised the service center guys to change the BCM (body control module). The car is starting normally but still the Air Conditioning system is not working. I also talked to the Works Manager (Mr Amit Soni), who has assured me that the problem will be solved within two days.

I am getting restless now and am hoping the issue gets resolved by monday.
I hope Maruti engineers resolve the issue within promised time. I suggest you take up the issue with higher authorities if by any chance it doesn't.
Old 25th August 2013, 13:10   #42
Senior - BHPian

Still no news about the car. Yesterday when I talked to the Works Manager, he said that the BCM was on its way and would reach in an hour (6 PM).

I am now in search of email id's of higher officials of Maruti who can look into this issue.

I have already sent the following email to the dealership.

Quote:
Sir,
I purchased a Silky Silver Maruti DZire vxi from your dealership (Audi Motors, Jhunjhunu) on 27th January 2013. The car was running smoothly and covered around 4500 kms in 6 months.

On the morning of 9 August 2013, when I tried to open the car's door by pressing the unlock button on the key fob, I got no response. Ultimately I opened the driver side door by inserting the key in the lock manually. But to my horror, when I turned the ignition on, the car refused to start. The engine didnt even show a single sign of crank. The guys from Audi motors were called, who then towed the vehicle to their service center. From then, the car is standing there itself and the cause of the issue has not yet been diagnosed.

The works manager (Mr Amit Soni) has been exceptionally cooperative but even he has repeatedly failed to return the vehicle on his promised dates. He has informed that the car is now starting but the Air Conditioning system is not working.

Due to all above issues, I have lost trust in this vehicle and hence need some of my questions to be answered.

1. What is the main problem occuring in my vehicle which is just 6 months old?
2. Have you diagnosed the cause of this issue, if yes then what is it?
3. What all checks have you conducted on the car and what steps have been (or will be) taken by you in order to ensure that the car returns in its healthy state?
4. Till when can I expect to get my car back.

I hope to get a satisfactory reply.

Regards,
Bhavik Sharma
Old 25th August 2013, 14:41   #43
BHPian

Try arranging for mail ids of higher authorities. This will definitely speed up the process and also how is the workmanship of Audi Motors because I think while diagnosing one thing they goofed up with the Air conditioning of the car. Was the AC working properly prior to the remote lock problem?
This whole ordeal must be very frustrating since one purchases Maruti for a complete peace of mind and in return car lying for more than 15 days in the service center is just not acceptable.
Old 25th August 2013, 14:54   #44
BHPian

Did you open your car by manually using the key instead of the keyfob?
If yes, then is it not because of the engine immobiliser?

The same thing happened in my sister's Dzire. The car refused to start when once the keyfob broke and we manually opened the car. It started normally when the spare key was used to lock and then reopen the car.
Same is the story with i20. The car does not start without the plastic keyfob part attached to the metal part.
midazolam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2013, 22:28   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by midazolam View Post
Did you open your car by manually using the key instead of the keyfob?
If yes, then is it not because of the engine immobiliser?

The same thing happened in my sister's Dzire.
What do you mean by manually opening the door? What I did was simply put the key in the door lock and unlock it by rotating it, like we do in cars which don't have central locking.
If this is what you meant then I would surely tell the guys to check the immobiliser.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks