Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2015, 13:26   #121
BHPian

Advice Regarding Buying a 2014 CR-V

Hello Everyone!
I have stumbled upon a sparingly used 2014 CRV 2.4 which has only run about 2000kms. The Car is in excellent condition and is still under Honda Warranty. While I am quite sold on the Car, I have a few questions regarding it.

1.Is the 2014 CR-V expensive to maintain? How much am i looking to spend every year on general servicing and consumables? I have been using Maruti Suzuki Ritz/SX4 since the last 5 years. While I know maintaining a CR-V would be higher than the SX4, I just want a rough idea as to how much would it cost me a year for general servicing and maintenance

2. Since, The Mileage of CR-V in the city is quite low, I might go down the CNG conversion road at some point. I am used to using CNG vehicles as My SX4 was converted to CNG 5 years back. While I know that enthusiasts would definitely say No for a CNG conversion, Would it create any issues with the car in case I opt for it?

It will be great if you all can advice me on this topic(specifically on the maintainence part) as I am looking to make a decision soon.
Thanks
PS: I am only considering the CR-V for now
nimit3105 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 13:39   #122
BHPian

Re: Advice Regarding Buying a 2014 CR-V

The CRV will cost about as much as a Honda Accord to maintain. I'd budget around Rs 15,000-20,000 per year for general maintenance, with a bit of a safety net.
The running of the CRV in question is extremely low, please do make sure there are no problems with it.

I'm not so sure you should do a CNG conversion. If there are any problems because of it, the cost of repair will be quite high. If you feel that you are unable to, or do not wish to assume the yearly cost of petrol for this car, then this may not be the car for you.
Old 4th December 2015, 13:52   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post
The CRV will cost about as much as a Honda Accord to maintain. I'd budget around Rs 15,000-20,000 per year for general maintenance, with a bit of a safety net.
The running of the CRV in question is extremely low, please do make sure there are no problems with it.

I'm not so sure you should do a CNG conversion. If there are any problems because of it, the cost of repair will be quite high. If you feel that you are unable to, or do not wish to assume the yearly cost of petrol for this car, then this may not be the car for you.
Rs 15,000-20,000 a year is pretty reasonable for a CR-V. Regarding the CNG conversion, I know a few people who had their CRV converted to CNG(previous generation model) and are quite happy with the final outcome.
nimit3105 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2015, 00:16   #124
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimit3105 View Post
Hello Everyone!
I have stumbled upon a sparingly used 2014 CRV 2.4 which has only run about 2000kms. The Car is in excellent condition and is still under Honda Warranty. While I am quite sold on the Car, I have a few questions regarding it.

1.Is the 2014 CR-V expensive to maintain? How much am i looking to spend every year on general servicing and consumables? I have been using Maruti Suzuki Ritz/SX4 since the last 5 years. While I know maintaining a CR-V would be higher than the SX4, I just want a rough idea as to how much would it cost me a year for general servicing and maintenance

2. Since, The Mileage of CR-V in the city is quite low, I might go down the CNG conversion road at some point. I am used to using CNG vehicles as My SX4 was converted to CNG 5 years back. While I know that enthusiasts would definitely say No for a CNG conversion, Would it create any issues with the car in case I opt for it?

It will be great if you all can advice me on this topic(specifically on the maintainence part) as I am looking to make a decision soon.
Thanks
PS: I am only considering the CR-V for now
Have seen the current accord 2.4L engine converted to Converted to Cng so CRV should be fine as well.

Maintenance in terms of service cost would be comfortable but accident repairs and insurance costs would be a different story. So be prepared to shell out a fair bit in case you have any accidents and dents or broken fenders, bumped mirrors and lights to pay for and also for the insurance.
Old 25th March 2016, 01:26   #125
BHPian

Re: Honda CR-V : Driven

A question which I haven't found an answer to for 1 week - the 2010 Honda CR V launched in Nov 2009 was supposed to up the engine (2.4 AT) from 166 bhp to 180 bhp. Did this happen? Does anyone have a fact sheet for 2010 facelift Honda crv?
Old 19th August 2016, 00:37   #126
BHPian

Honda CR-V finally coming with a diesel option for India market. Long awaited by many. Now let's see how soon they launch this for Indian customers.

http://www.msn.com/en-in/autos/news/...gbRN&ocid=iehp
Old 14th October 2016, 11:52   #127
BHPian

5th generation CR-V. 7 seater.

Too good to be true. Will it come to India with all stuff mentioned?

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/5th-genera...from=home-auto
Old 20th February 2017, 21:20   #128
BHPian

We don't seem to have any news about the refresh / replacement for the Honda CR-V. The new CRV launched in the USA in late 2016 seems to be getting good reviews.

Does anyone have any information on when or if we can expect this new model to be launched in India anytime soon?
Old 26th May 2017, 15:28   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbraju View Post
We don't seem to have any news about the refresh / replacement for the Honda CR-V. The new CRV launched in the USA in late 2016 seems to be getting good reviews.

Does anyone have any information on when or if we can expect this new model to be launched in India anytime soon?
Someone on the thread seemed to suggest 2018 but magazines say late 2017. Lets hope it gets here quickly within 2017.
Old 1st November 2017, 15:11   #130
BHPian

Autocar India came up with a review on 2018 CR-V and they were surprised with the refinement of 1.6 iDtec engine.

Quote:
I’m a bit distracted as I drive out of the parking lot. Slotting the big nose of the car through a tight gap has my full attention, and I’m also not entirely sure where the exit is. But then, as soon as we get onto the main road, it hits me: where’s the rattle, where’s the clatter? The windows are rolled down but this engine still feels extremely silent and refined, and that’s not just in comparison to the 1.5-litre diesel we have in India. It is smooth and refined even in isolation.
Out onto the chaotic streets of Bangkok, I begin to appreciate the smoothness and good acoustic damping of the engine even more. It’s near silent when cruising on the long, wide roads that lead out of the city. When I tap on the throttle, it responds smartly, and when I really pull, it seems too eager to rev. Finally, a Honda diesel that feels like a Honda engine should! What also undoubtedly helps here is that this car uses a nine-speed automatic gearbox that always seems to have the engine at its correct speed.
Soon we’re up onto a faster elevated section. And here too, the 1.6 continues to impress. The increase in pace is linear with the amount of throttle I’m using, and while there’s no typically gratifying turbo-diesel spike in performance, nor a sudden rush of boost, the power keeps coming and coming. And that feels nice. This carries on as I work my way up the gearbox, the engine pulling all the way to 4,000rpm before shifting to the next gear.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-rev...t-drive-405931

Source: ACI

Last edited by Hickstead : 1st November 2017 at 15:18.
Hickstead is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st November 2017, 20:29   #131
BHPian

ACI review is good to read. Question remains why Honda (India) delayed getting this to our market. Had called up the local dealer last week. They have no updates on the CR-V diesel launch date.

When Indian customers are paying big ones for the 3 Germans, Tiguan, Fortuner, Endeavor, Tucson, Innova etc.; Honda has missed out on the opportunity so far. Instead they bet on the "Brio platform" (Brio, Amaze, Mobilio, BR-V etc.) for Indian customers.
Old 18th April 2018, 10:32   #132
BHPian

Dilemma on buying a used Honda CR-V 2.4 AT 4WD

Hi all,

My friend intends to buy a used Honda CR-V 2.4 AT 4WD. The car is company owned and buying is only through bidding and the bid has to be submitted in a sealed envelope along with a deposit money of 20k. Last day of bidding is 20th April 2018.

Sale is on 'As is where is' basis. Car is Aug. 2014 registered and has done genuine 68k kms. You can start the car and move it a bit, but cannot take it out for a spin. Upon inspection, found the overall car to be in good condition. Except for the LHS ORVM not retracting, everything else is working perfectly fine including the sunroof and other electricals. There is no unusual sound from the engine and there were water droplets at the tip of the exhaust and below it, signalling a healthy compression. Front tyres are stock and are completely worn out and will need immediate replacement whereas the rear tyres have been replaced sometime ago and have a good amount of tread remaining. Spare wheel is also alloy and the tyre appears to be decent.

Got the service history checked at Honda A.S.S. and the car has been serviced regularly on schedule. Extended warranty is valid till Aug. 2018. Brake pads were replaced at 50k service. Rest everything was stock. No accident, nothing. All in all a clean car.

Now the biggest dilemma. What should be the bid price???

You cannot negotiate nor you can increase your offer price. What's done is done. Either you get the car or you don't. Upon asking one of the used car dealers, we were told that you can get a decent example for 5Lacs. Is this a realistic price?

Secondly, how difficult and expensive is it to maintain this car? Also, his annual running is 18k kms and he intends to install a CNG kit. Is it feasible? The owner of CNG kit installer himself drives a CR-V with CNG and is very happy with it.

A whole lot of questions. Pls guide.

Last edited by auto_enthusiast : 18th April 2018 at 10:33.
auto_enthusiast is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2018, 10:40   #133
BHPian

Re: Dilemma on buying a used Honda CR-V 2.4 AT 4WD

To buy a pre-owned car without an intensive test car doesn't make sense to me; no matter how good it looks on paper. Personally, I would stay away if I am not allowed to test drive until I am satisfied & bring the car to authorized workshop for inspection. It's my money & I have a right to know what I am getting into before closing the deal.
bhavik.1991 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2018, 12:09   #134
Senior - BHPian

It always helps to go for a test ride before deciding.
Especially, in the case of AT cars with high mileage.

Problems with the transmission can be expensive to fix, due to complete dependency of the official service centers.

For the price, refer to the Blue Book, carwale etc for some rough numbers.

However, 5 Lakh is way too low for a 4 year old CRV.
abhishek46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2018, 13:25   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_enthusiast View Post
My friend intends to buy a used Honda CR-V 2.4 AT 4WD.
Like Abhishek says, 5L is too low for this one. The price when new was > 25L if I am correct. And bidding is more like lottery ..

for ref, there is one similar spec car on sale on TBHP classifieds - asking 5.9L for one that has run 1.24L and has 4 owners.

My guess - about 11-12L .. but it's still just a guess. The car itself should be fine. It's an international model, and 68k is nothing for this - as long as the AT has not been abused
condor is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed