Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2014, 18:29   #211
BHPian

Thanks ebohno. I will be going yo TASS on Wednesday. Also just wanted to check with all that I noticed a space for a speaker on the rear door. Is it possible to put a speaker there or it's just a dummy?
Old 29th January 2014, 06:36   #212
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Beastie winks at Snow White & Red Riding Hood. My Tata Safari Storme EX

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipulkamboj View Post
.. I noticed a space for a speaker on the rear door. Is it possible to put a speaker there or it's just a dummy?
There is already a speaker in there. It is not dummy. Many have changed from original speakers to other brands & happy about that. You could check this option.
Old 29th January 2014, 13:06   #213
BHPian

Just checked, there is an empty shell. Will get a speaker installed there. However I have got the xenos bass plate installed and the sound has improved many folds!
Old 29th January 2014, 13:20   #214
Distinguished - BHPian

@Vipul, surprised to hear that. I got 4 speakers, and I replaced the 4.
Old 29th January 2014, 22:08   #215
BHPian

@condor - I mean the boot door. Sorry not the rear ....
Old 29th January 2014, 22:14   #216
Distinguished - BHPian

Ah ! Boot door wouldnt have one
Suggest an external sub if you want one.
Old 31st January 2014, 22:31   #217
BHPian

@condor I have a Xenos sub installed. Love the sound in the storme.
Old 27th February 2014, 18:44   #218
Senior - BHPian

364 days into my ownership I have my first accident and dink Beastie.

Backed her into a telephone pole which I simply did not notice or even know was there - just stupid amateur absent minded head somewhere else stuff.

stupid stupid stupid

Rear left fender section (2500 bucks)

Rear left tail light cluster (1300 bucks)

Rear left fog light (300 bucks)

Painting (2500)

Misc. / labour (500 bucks)

Vat/taxes etc. (another 1000 odd bucks)

Approximately 8000 bucks because I wasn't looking or had my head screwed on right.

Decided to pay out of pocket, because my insurance is not zero dep, the parts are all plastic (so only 50% I will get - so 2000 out of pocket anyways) + 2000 is the minimum you are to pay out of pocket regardless of claim anyways = 4000 out of pocket anyways, so can get max claim benefit of 4000. While from what I found out from the New India guys, no claim bonus after the first year would be somewhere about 4500-5000 bucks.

What a crappy POS day man ......
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2014, 18:57   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
364 days into my ownership I have my first accident and dink Beastie.

Backed her into a telephone pole which I simply did not notice or even know was there - just stupid amateur absent minded head somewhere else stuff.

stupid stupid stupid

Rear left fender section (2500 bucks)

Rear left tail light cluster (1300 bucks)

Rear left fog light (300 bucks)

Painting (2500)

Misc. / labour (500 bucks)

Vat/taxes etc. (another 1000 odd bucks)

Approximately 8000 bucks because I wasn't looking or had my head screwed on right.

Decided to pay out of pocket, because my insurance is not zero dep, the parts are all plastic (so only 50% I will get - so 2000 out of pocket anyways) + 2000 is the minimum you are to pay out of pocket regardless of claim anyways = 4000 out of pocket anyways, so can get max claim benefit of 4000. While from what I found out from the New India guys, no claim bonus after the first year would be somewhere about 4500-5000 bucks.

What a crappy POS day man ......
sorry to hear that mate. The bad news is I also had an accident when a low floor bus decided to move to left from a stand still on a red light and bang into my car while I was crossing (straight was green). Tried to save but couldn't and in this try another car banged into the left side also .
Loss- scratches on rear fender and cladding both sides, and lhs wing mirror. Will be giving for claim as I have zero dep and the new term of insurance has already started. The only difficulty would be to convince that both sides got damaged in one go. fingers crossed.
OT: had come to pune on a short trip to see brother in law, just couldn't get time to get your contact details and meet up.

Last edited by stormerider : 27th February 2014 at 18:59.
stormerider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2014, 19:11   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormerider View Post
sorry to hear that mate. The bad news is I also had an accident when a low floor bus decided to move to left from a stand still on a red light and bang into my car while I was crossing (straight was green). Tried to save but couldn't and in this try another car banged into the left side also .
Loss- scratches on rear fender and cladding both sides, and lhs wing mirror. Will be giving for claim as I have zero dep and the new term of insurance has already started. The only difficulty would be to convince that both sides got damaged in one go. fingers crossed.
OT: had come to pune on a short trip to see brother in law, just couldn't get time to get your contact details and meet up.
Sorry to hear that bro. Hope she is back to her sparkling glory again. I dont mind the money. I just want her back to normal man. I am gonna now put one of those burri nazar wale tera mooh kaala thingies on the back .....
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2014, 17:08   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Engine Oil specs are:

Quantity: Max. 7.5 liters / Min. 5.5 liters

Specification: API-CH4+MB228.3 (15W40)

Company / Brand:

Castrol / GTX (Diesel)
HPCL / Milcy No. 1
Exxon Mobil / Mobil Super 1000 TM
In the sadness of the bang up, I forgot the two photos I took during her 3rd free service - one of the engine oil (specially procured for Beastie - Rs. 2625/- @350/liter - covered by AMC) and one of the new inline fuel filter (Rs. 1800 - covered by AMC). She's definitely driving really nice and smooth post the service. Nazar kag gayi yaar ..... (painted panel will be ready tomorrow)

Beastie winks at Snow White & Red Riding Hood. My Tata Safari Storme EX-201402250001.jpeg

Beastie winks at Snow White & Red Riding Hood. My Tata Safari Storme EX-201402250002.jpeg
Old 8th March 2014, 07:22   #222
BHPian

Hi I am experiencing a problem recently. At about 1800 rpm the power drops and when I push the pedal the engine "misses" and it feels like there is some "kachra" in the fuel and the engine becomes stable only after it reaches 2000 rpm. Any suggestions people. I am going to TASS today.
Old 8th March 2014, 07:28   #223
BHPian

Beastie winks at Snow White & Red Riding Hood. My Tata Safari Storme EX

Quote:
In the sadness of the bang up, I forgot the two photos I took during her 3rd free service - one of the engine oil (specially procured for Beastie - Rs. 2625/- @350/liter - covered by AMC) and one of the new inline fuel filter (Rs. 1800 - covered by AMC). She's definitely driving really nice and smooth post the service. Nazar kag gayi yaar ..... (painted panel will be ready tomorrow)

Attachment 1213298

Attachment 1213299

I am sure the beastie will come back to the original shining self. I too had an experience when a scooterist decided to jump the red light through me :0 and banged it behind. The rear footrest took the entire brunt but the black plastic broke on impact. I have not changed that till now but surely it is a niggle in my mind.
I did not say anything to the scooterist when I noticed that the entire mudguard and the left blinker of the scooter was demolished.
vipulkamboj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2014, 07:38   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipulkamboj View Post
Hi I am experiencing a problem recently. At about 1800 rpm the power drops and when I push the pedal the engine "misses" and it feels like there is some "kachra" in the fuel and the engine becomes stable only after it reaches 2000 rpm. Any suggestions people. I am going to TASS today.
Have you checked the air filler? (I'm already assuming you're not lugging the engine). Is engine acceleration smooth in Neutral?
Old 8th March 2014, 07:58   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGarg View Post
Have you checked the air filler? (I'm already assuming you're not lugging the engine). Is engine acceleration smooth in Neutral?

Lugging the engine? The engine is smooth in neutral. Remains constant at just below 1000 rpm

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks