Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2013, 00:04   #16

re: 2013 BMW X3 Advantage (F25, 2.0 Diesel) - Buying & Initial Ownership Experience

Congratulations are in order, Morphin1 ! Wonderful choice, extremely worthy upgrade. Care to share the financials ? Here's wishing you many a mile of unadultrated adrenaline tripping once your run in is done ! And also many a smile of pride at your newest acquisition ! Cheers !

Harish.
Honda2k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2013, 10:41   #17
BHPian

re: 2013 BMW X3 Advantage (F25, 2.0 Diesel) - Buying & Initial Ownership Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda2k View Post
Congratulations are in order, Morphin1 ! Wonderful choice, extremely worthy upgrade. Care to share the financials ? Here's wishing you many a mile of unadultrated adrenaline tripping once your run in is done ! And also many a smile of pride at your newest acquisition ! Cheers !

Harish.
Thank you for the mind words Harish.
Well as for financials the ex showroom price was abt 39,90,000. Discount of about 80K + 12% Delhi road tax+ Insurance about 75k+ BMW BSI Ultimate for 3.2 lakhs. So about 47lakhs on road.
Also by buying in March 2013 I saved the 4% increased tax on SUV's/Luxury cars.
Cheers
Old 2nd April 2013, 11:47   #18
BHPian

Here is a picture of the extra goodies I had received on the delivery of the car. A key ring, a credit card wallet and a box of chocolates.
There was also a cake, unfortunately I do not have a picture.
2013 BMW X3 Advantage (F25, 2.0 Diesel) - Buying & Initial Ownership Experience-photo.jpg

Last edited by morphin1 : 2nd April 2013 at 11:48.
Old 6th April 2013, 18:07   #19
BHPian

Re: 2013 BMW X3 Advantage (F25, 2.0 Diesel) - Buying & Initial Ownership Experience

Here are some more pictures. There was some complaint regarding the previous pictures not showing the right interior color combination so hopefully these pictures should correct that. Tomorrow hopefully will put up a video showing sound insulation.
Also you can see size comparison between the Fortuner and the X3.
Attached Thumbnails
2013 BMW X3 Advantage (F25, 2.0 Diesel) - Buying & Initial Ownership Experience-dsc02065.jpg  

2013 BMW X3 Advantage (F25, 2.0 Diesel) - Buying & Initial Ownership Experience-dsc02066.jpg  

2013 BMW X3 Advantage (F25, 2.0 Diesel) - Buying & Initial Ownership Experience-dsc02070.jpg  

morphin1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2013, 10:23   #20
BHPian

Video Update BMW X3 F25 2013

Video update.
I have done a quick walk around video of the car. Let me know how you guys like it. Cheers

Last edited by morphin1 : 16th April 2013 at 10:36. Reason: Change title of subject.
morphin1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2013, 11:34   #21
BHPian

Re: Video Update BMW X3 F25 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphin1 View Post
Video update.
I have done a quick walk around video of the car. Let me know how you guys like it. Cheers

Hi Morphin,

Thanks for the excellent video. Could you please share more information about the X3's rear seating space and comfort via-a-vis your fortuner or say corolla? I've short listed the X3 as a prospective replacement to my Corolla and hence your inputs would be of great help as rear bench is of a priority for me. Also what are the exact differences between the normal model and the advantage model? I am sorry but the website isn't too detailed about it. Also does it make sense to replace all 4 RFTs with 5 tubeless tires right on delivery? and does the showroom guys help in such tire replacements?

Thanks once again for the video will await your inputs.
Old 20th April 2013, 07:59   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abs182 View Post
Hi Morphin,

Thanks for the excellent video. Could you please share more information about the X3's rear seating space and comfort via-a-vis your fortuner or say corolla? I've short listed the X3 as a prospective replacement to my Corolla and hence your inputs would be of great help as rear bench is of a priority for me. Also what are the exact differences between the normal model and the advantage model? I am sorry but the website isn't too detailed about it. Also does it make sense to replace all 4 RFTs with 5 tubeless tires right on delivery? and does the showroom guys help in such tire replacements?

Thanks once again for the video will await your inputs.
Well the new X3 F25 model, has very good rear seat space. The difference in comfort between the Fortuner and the X3 is massive,so is the difference in sound insulation.
If you want to compare the rear seat space between the two cars, Fortuner does have more space but the X3 also has more than enough space.
The X3 Advantage model is the base model and has everything you need except the sunroof, a cup holder for the rear seats and rear cameras.

I wouldn't recommend throwing away the RFT's, rather spend around Rs 30,000 and get a donut tyre for long journeys. There is no space to store the extra tyres so going for tubeless will not make sense as that will eat into you boot space and the donut being small will not eat that much of boot space.

Also advantage of RFT's are that on high speed if the tire blows you will not lose control of the car. If the tire goes flat you don't have to stop immediately and repair the tyre.
Hope this helps.
Cheers
Old 20th April 2013, 14:31   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphin1 View Post
Well the new X3 F25 model, has very good rear seat space. The difference in comfort between the Fortuner and the X3 is massive,so is the difference in sound insulation.
If you want to compare the rear seat space between the two cars, Fortuner does have more space but the X3 also has more than enough space.
The X3 Advantage model is the base model and has everything you need except the sunroof, a cup holder for the rear seats and rear cameras.

I wouldn't recommend throwing away the RFT's, rather spend around Rs 30,000 and get a donut tyre for long journeys. There is no space to store the extra tyres so going for tubeless will not make sense as that will eat into you boot space and the donut being small will not eat that much of boot space.

Also advantage of RFT's are that on high speed if the tire blows you will not lose control of the car. If the tire goes flat you don't have to stop immediately and repair the tyre.
Hope this helps.
Cheers
Thanks for the inputs morphin. Just one more thing? is there a 2013 X3 in pipeline? I'm sorry but I read about it somewhere online that both the X3 and X5 are coming up so wanted to know if you have any other information on it. I find your inputs very helpful though but if a new X3 is round the corner than it would worth while to wait of it too. Thanks once again.
Old 20th April 2013, 18:16   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abs182 View Post
Thanks for the inputs morphin. Just one more thing? is there a 2013 X3 in pipeline? I'm sorry but I read about it somewhere online that both the X3 and X5 are coming up so wanted to know if you have any other information on it. I find your inputs very helpful though but if a new X3 is round the corner than it would worth while to wait of it too. Thanks once again.
You are welcome abs
The current X3 which is the F25 came out in 2011 so this is the new X3. There may be a face lift next year, but the X3 model will change in another 6 years.
Old 21st July 2013, 00:54   #25
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2013 BMW X3 Advantage (F25, 2.0 Diesel) - Buying & Initial Ownership Experience

Congrats on the car morphin. I am also planning on the same model, and would like to know how your experience has been with it so far.

One doubt i had is, what are the differences in idrive between this and the normal 2.0 model?
Old 11th January 2014, 21:48   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Congrats on the car morphin. I am also planning on the same model, and would like to know how your experience has been with it so far.

One doubt i had is, what are the differences in idrive between this and the normal 2.0 model?
Hi JayD,
Sorry for the late reply. My experience has been very good so far. The car is very good on bad roads and swallows the potholes like no one's business.
I did not understand the latter question. This is the base variant and the higher variant may have a larger screen + sun roof.
Let me know if you want to know anything else.
Cheers
Old 11th January 2014, 23:02   #27
Team-BHP Support

Is this advantage edition X3 still available? It looks like a very decent package. Sunroof won't be missed and even the Sensatec is not so bad.
Old 1st February 2014, 09:02   #28
BHPian

Yes the advantage edition is still available. But with the recent price hike, I am afraid BMW have priced themselves out of the market and reality !!
ecclipse78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2014, 01:00   #29
BHPian

Morphin - Thanks for the detailed review and most importantly for the video review. It is a great tour of the car.

I know this is a 1 yr old thread and there have been slight changes since then. X3 is now in its LCI upgrade called LifeCycle Improvement. It is still called F25.
There is no advantage trim now and they have the baseline and Xline trim.

I am getting an X3 Xline trim this week and hence your thread here was really very valuable. Thanks again.

Can you provide some comments on running-in the engine. When I spoke with the sales rep, he mentioned that these engines are already run-in but I am not sure if I would buy him. Since X3 has 8gears, it will be around 2K RPM even at 140-150km/h speed. But do you feel it has to stay strictly below 120?

Thanks.
Old 8th February 2015, 22:13   #30
BHPian

Hey Morphin, I wrote a very detailed review of X3 LCI a 2.0d which I bought recently. Thanks for your thread. It helped me make my decision. Here is my review thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3640726

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks