Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2013, 13:55   #1666
BHPian

Have any one installed AutoCop or any other anti theft device in you car?
I guess that it is a must for any car. Is there any company that gives speed sensing lock with that?
Old 7th October 2013, 14:05   #1667
BANNED

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

I think it comes with an Immobiliser as standard. So unless you lose one of your keys the danger is not that high.
Old 7th October 2013, 14:38   #1668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I think it comes with an Immobiliser as standard. So unless you lose one of your keys the danger is not that high.
Hi sgiitk,
I am speaking about the lock and unlocking the door and speed sensing lock systems.
Once if the car is locked, when some one tries to open it or breaks the glass window, the alarm must sound.
In amaze, once the car is locked and if some one opens the door, the car just opens. And the central locking system doesn't work that well.
Old 7th October 2013, 14:52   #1669
BANNED

Agreed. But you cannot start the car. In my own experience the factory systems are far more durable than any after market system. All after-market systems packed up after about four years. On the other hand central locking (non remote) on my Esteem survived over six years (except for a short), as did the system on my Accent!
sgiitk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2013, 16:56   #1670
BHPian

Anyone has ever dealt with Prime Honda Vaishali Ghaziabad?
Old 7th October 2013, 17:55   #1671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingGuru67 View Post
Have any one installed AutoCop or any other anti theft device in you car?
I guess that it is a must for any car. Is there any company that gives speed sensing lock with that?
I asked about autocop etc on my vxmt . The dealer said it can be fitted but will come with a separate remote . So I dropped the idea as I did not fancy 2 remotes . The funny thing my service centre said when I went to install seat covers from them was you have to do it from the dealer and not the service centre .
Old 8th October 2013, 10:30   #1672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Agreed. But you cannot start the car. In my own experience the factory systems are far more durable than any after market system. All after-market systems packed up after about four years. On the other hand central locking (non remote) on my Esteem survived over six years (except for a short), as did the system on my Accent!
Within a month after getting my car out of the showroom, when I first drove it in the heavy rains of Mumbai, the central locking system went kaput. Fortunately I got it replaced under warranty & the same system is working flawlessly for the last 9+ years (even though it has been opened up a number times). Hence any factory fitted system is far better than aftermarket system.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2013, 17:03   #1673
Distinguished - BHPian

Note from Mod : Guys, request you to please refrain from advertising your ownership threads on official review threads as it dilutes the purpose of the official thread which is meant to discuss about the car in question.

As per rules of forum, your allowed to bump your ownership thread once.

Thanks for your cooperation !!!
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2013, 23:12   #1674
BHPian

Friends,
If I install auto cop alarm system in my amaze, will the buttons in the key provided by the factory open the car?
Old 9th October 2013, 00:31   #1675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingGuru67 View Post
Friends,
If I install auto cop alarm system in my amaze, will the buttons in the key provided by the factory open the car?
My dealer told me if I install autocop in my vxmt idtec there will be a separate remote . You Please confirm before buying . And let us know what happens .
Old 10th October 2013, 17:48   #1676
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazer2013 View Post

Steering control interface (SRI), is a small circuit which sits between the steering mounted controls and the aftermarket HU.
=============
My Sony Xperia Z desktop mirrored to the HU:

HU turned into google nav:
Good to see Screen Mirroring support by HU sir. But have you used your mobile's WiFi for Screen Mirroring or have you used a MHI cable sir. Please clarify! Thank you.
Old 10th October 2013, 19:12   #1677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakshith220 View Post
Good to see Screen Mirroring support by HU sir. But have you used your mobile's WiFi for Screen Mirroring or have you used a MHI cable sir. Please clarify! Thank you.
Just micro USB cable. I selected the source as "MirrorLink" in the HU and it worked wonderfully. I can even control the phone via the HU.
Since both HU and mobile are Sony, the integration is seamless. I'm not sure if other smartphones support this.
amazer2013 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2013, 10:19   #1678
BHPian

Heard the Amaze advertisement on the FM today. "Book your Amaze this festive season for a timely delivery".
Seems like the waiting period is reducing on Amaze due to an increase in production or a declining demand.
Old 11th October 2013, 11:34   #1679
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazer2013 View Post
Just micro USB cable. I selected the source as "MirrorLink" in the HU and it worked wonderfully. I can even control the phone via the HU.
Since both HU and mobile are Sony, the integration is seamless. I'm not sure if other smartphones support this.
Does it not support over WiFi Direct ?
Old 11th October 2013, 12:28   #1680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Does it not support over WiFi Direct ?
No it doesn't support WiFi. Like I said, the only option is to connect micro-USB for mirroring. It supports Bluetooth audio and Bluetooth telephony though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks