Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2013, 13:31   #1681
BANNED

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Seems like the waiting period is reducing on Amaze due to an increase in production or a declining demand.
This is news. A couple of days ago the Kanpur dealer was stating that the delay is about 2-1/2 months for both versions.
Old 11th October 2013, 14:30   #1682
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Heard the Amaze advertisement on the FM today. "Book your Amaze this festive season for a timely delivery".
Seems like the waiting period is reducing on Amaze due to an increase in production or a declining demand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
This is news. A couple of days ago the Kanpur dealer was stating that the delay is about 2-1/2 months for both versions.
Same here in Bangalore. I went looking for the Amaze Petrol AT and was told it will take 2-4 months. When I enquired about the regular petrol diesel models, was told 'around 2 months'
Old 11th October 2013, 14:33   #1683
BHPian

Quote:
I guess it varies from dealer to dealer. My brother picked up an amaze diesel 3 days ago in Jodhpur, Rajasthan without any booking. Went to the showroom, selected the model variant and colour (3 colours were available in stock) and drove it home. He had informed the sales guy at Honda after the TD he had about a week ago that if he decided on the amaze, he will need it delivered within a few days and the salesman didn't seem to have any issues with that.
Astleviz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2013, 15:38   #1684
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Same here in Bangalore. I went looking for the Amaze Petrol AT and was told it will take 2-4 months. When I enquired about the regular petrol diesel models, was told 'around 2 months'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astleviz View Post
I guess it varies from dealer to dealer. My brother picked up an amaze diesel 3 days ago in Jodhpur, Rajasthan without any booking. Went to the showroom, selected the model variant and colour (3 colours were available in stock) and drove it home. He had informed the sales guy at Honda after the TD he had about a week ago that if he decided on the amaze, he will need it delivered within a few days and the salesman didn't seem to have any issues with that.
The dealerships seem to enjoy amplifying the waiting period 2 folds just to make the customer book the vehicle immediately, making assurances that they'll 'try' to get the car as early as possible. When the car finally arrives, they take false credit saying they promoted the position in the queue to get it early. This is not just for Amaze but for any successful car.
I'm not sure of this but this is my feeling based on my buying experience.
amazer2013 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2013, 15:59   #1685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
AT generally has longer waiting periods.

Quote:
Wow, that was fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazer2013 View Post
The dealerships seem to enjoy amplifying the waiting period 2 folds just to make the customer book the vehicle immediately, making assurances that they'll 'try' to get the car as early as possible. When the car finally arrives, they take false credit saying they promoted the position in the queue to get it early. This is not just for Amaze but for any successful car.
I'm not sure of this but this is my feeling based on my buying experience.
Yep, the waiting periods are amplified. I was given 4 months but go the car within 2 months.
But i'm not sure they do for false credit. My dealer told me at the time of booking that even though the specified period was 4 months, i'll get in 2 months which i did.
Plus Honda dealerships are quite professional in this case, unlike Ford where dealers ask premium for faster delivery.
Waiting periods, sometimes heavily depend on color. A white is generally available faster.
Old 11th October 2013, 16:33   #1686
BANNED

Quote:
The dealerships seem to enjoy amplifying the waiting period 2 folds just to make the customer book the vehicle immediately, making assurances that they'll 'try' to get the car as early as possible. ...
Having three Hondas in the family (Civic, Brio - both AT, and a City AVN - of my son)I have a decent relationship. Even when the Petrol had a big queue the SM did offer me same in under a month. Also, the City AVN MT - they had one coming (no bookings) in three weeks, and we sort of pinched it. Now we need an Amaze for my daughter-in-law and P or D is undecided. So we will see.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2013, 00:26   #1687
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now we need an Amaze for my daughter-in-law and P or D is undecided. So we will see.
My Better Half seem to be really happy with it. She is currently in UAE (Dusserah Holidays in Bangalore schools) and driving a rental Toyota Yaris Sedan, and always in comparison, Amaze seem to be getting a favourable vote.

I think your DIL will be happy with a Petrol (specially if here daily drives are short and in city)

Just my views

Best Regards & Thanks

Ram
Old 12th October 2013, 15:56   #1688
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
I think your DIL will be happy with a Petrol (specially if here daily drives are short and in city)
This is the question - either about 4km each way daily or 35km each way daily. This will decide. I an in favour of petrol but if the latter happens then the purse takes over.
Old 12th October 2013, 22:01   #1689
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Heard the Amaze advertisement on the FM today. "Book your Amaze this festive season for a timely delivery".
Quote:
Quote:
Just now coming back from the Amaze i-DTEC test drive at Deccan Honda Pimpri, Pune & I have to agree with all of your above. The Sales Exec (SE) told me that he had 5-6 diesel Amazes, Majestic Blue in stock & I can get immediate delivery on full payment. The only time required would be that for the RTO formalities. I was zapped on hearing that. Moreover on Dassera eve I thought the showroom would be choc-a-bloc with customers & deliveries, but the picture was completely different. On entering the showroom, a lady attended us & when told we have come to inquire @ Amaze she told us to be seated on a couch. The next moment one Sales Exec attended us. He offered us a glass of water & coffee. Explained us the features on paper & then on the actual display car. On inquiring about test drive he said he will arrange it in 20 minutes & he really did. I have a strong feeling that the launch of Ecosport would have played some spoilsport for the Amaze.

The TD was again a Majestic Blue i-DTEC, but surprisingly without any "Demo car" decals on the sides. On starting the car & taking it out of the showroom I noticed that the speedo needle was not showing any kind of movement & also the ODO seemed to be frozen @ 34kms. I immediately recognized that this was not the regular TD car but a car of a potential customer & the speedo/odo cable was disconnected, poor fellow. Took a longish TD 7-8 kms. This car has a gem of an engine under its hood with excellent driveability. It never felt strained with 3 of us on board & would surge ahead with the slightest tap on the accelerator. The TD ended with a big smile on my face.

The sales exec was keen to close the deal, but I told him to hold on as I wanted the opinion of my family members. Couple of points, which I came to know from him:
  • Urban titanium is the colour, which has the most demand & the car looked really good in that shade.
  • Tomorrow on the Dassera day, they have 50 deliveries lined up, which includes 5 Brios, 5 Citys & 40 Amazes (out of which around 30 are diesels & the rest petrol)
  • Wiper blades are made of some special compound & are long lasting 4-5 years
  • Brake oil, clutch oil are life long, no need to change only top ups if required. Coolant lasts for one lakh kms.
  • Normal 10K service for diesel Amaze costs around 3.5 to 4K. Petrol ones costs even lesser.
  • One of the round tables had an interesting item on it, a flip calendar, which did not show the dates/months, but a comparo between the nearest rival Dezire & Amaze. The one page which caught my attention was the per km maintenance cost for Dezire & Amaze. At the one lakh km mark the Dezire cost was about 0.82 Rs/km whereas for the Amaze (I cannot recollect exactly, but) was about 0.60 Rs/km
I think Honda has benchmarked Toyota as far as maintenance costs are concerned & have achieved that to quite some extent. The base model, E-MT is real value for money. At 7.36 on-road you get a Honda badge diesel car with power steering, all 4 power windows (driver side auto down), ABS with EDB, central locking, day/night IRVM, tilt steering, fuel consumption display, eco lamp, headlight adjuster, headlight off reminder, tachometer, trunk light, immobilizer, driver seat-belt reminder & most importantly that 100ps, 200Nm, 25.8 kmpl monster of an engine under the hood.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 12th October 2013 at 22:11.
AutoIndian is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th October 2013, 10:28   #1690
BHPian

Honda has launched new interior color for Brio and Amaze in Thailand. The combination is now black and grey

http://www.cardekho.com/india-car-ne...land-11471.htm

The all black looks so cool and much better than indian counterpart. Specially the complete black dash ( pic is of Brio)
Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-honda-amaze-black-interior.jpg
Old 14th October 2013, 16:01   #1691
BHPian

Has anybody put a RD or Pete box on Amaze diesel.
Can you please share your experience.
Old 17th October 2013, 12:47   #1692
BHPian

Hey people! In my amaze, the exterior door opening knobs (except driver door) are very tight. Sometimes it makes people believe that the door is locked. I pointed this out to the service executive during 1st service. Though he claimed it's corrected, I still feel it's not as smooth as it should be.
Is any one out there facing this problem? Especially rear doors.
Old 17th October 2013, 13:16   #1693
BHPian

Quote:
Hey people! In my amaze, the exterior door opening knobs (except driver door) are very tight. Sometimes it makes people believe that the door is locked. I pointed this out to the service executive during 1st service. Though he claimed it's corrected, I still feel it's not as smooth as it should be.
It's actually not a problem. The door knobs are hard to open but i don't think much can be done about it as they are factory fitted.
Even my friends thought car was locked due to harder knobs.
Old 17th October 2013, 13:46   #1694
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I have that same issue with the right rear door! Didn't bring it up during servicing.
Old 17th October 2013, 20:05   #1695
BHPian

Hi, I have joined Team BHP recently, but have been following this Amaze link for quite some time. In fact it was GTO's review that had turned me towards Amaze iDTEC. And I am loving it!
Just wanted your opinion on this, guys. I had been getting wonderful mileage (18.5 kmpl) within city (Mumbai-Western suburbs, stop-start) till the 1st service was done. After that the highway mileage has increased (~28 kmpl vs 26 kmpl), but the in city mileage has fallen drastically ( ~14 kmpl, stop-start). I have noticed that the acceleration in 2nd and 3rd gear has increased. I had taken the vehicle to the service centre. After a trial run they told it's ok and shared that the engine was retuned during the 1st service. The service supervisor also shared that this can be reversed, if I so wanted, during second service. Did any of you face similar issue?
Best.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks