Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2013, 15:46   #1786
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shwetanshu View Post
My car got little scratched on left side of the front bumper. Will the servicing guys be willing to do some little touch up if i m ready to pay?
Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingGuru67 View Post

Its not about willing to do the touch up or not Shwetanshu...
If you are ready to pay, then you have to demand them.
This is one of the problems in India.
I had few dents on my Amaze. The touch up was done for free.
They put some white paint on the area. It's visible only if you look closely. I didn't go for complete finish(though I don't know what it would cost) as rickshawalas tend to hit cars in Delhi regularly.

Last edited by mobike008 : 11th November 2013 at 16:20. Reason: Lets quote small portions of the quoted post. Thanks
Old 11th November 2013, 16:12   #1787
BANNED

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Quote:
My car got little scratched on left side of the front bumper. Will the servicing guys be willing to do some little touch up if i m ready to pay?
Yes, they charge about Rs.2500-3000 per panel if not an insurance job!

Last edited by sgiitk : 11th November 2013 at 16:13.
Old 11th November 2013, 17:48   #1788
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Touch up ideally should be free. That would be visible if you check close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Yes, they charge about Rs.2500-3000 per panel if not an insurance job!
You should be talking about a repaint right? But the quote sounds too less to me. Swift panels are charged at 3.5K for each panel when I enquired last time.
Old 11th November 2013, 18:43   #1789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfire2892 View Post
I've found some accessories for interior, need your word on them!

Do check the photos in the link
Carbon fibre sticker
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-...393809200.html

Decorative thread
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hot-5...098845231.html

They are quite cheap.
So how'll they look on Amaze?
Thanks! The decorative thread looks good. Have ordered one in silver color for my Duster.
Old 11th November 2013, 18:51   #1790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahwa View Post

Thanks! The decorative thread looks good. Have ordered one in silver color for my Duster.
I've ordered both. I don't exactly know what to do with carbon fiber vinyl but I'll try it on alloys!
Old 12th November 2013, 09:25   #1791
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
You should be talking about a repaint right? But the quote sounds too less to me. Swift panels are charged at 3.5K for each panel when I enquired last time.
I just got three panels on my Brio redone - end October. Also, I have found Honda rates lower than Hyundai, for sure. Civic comes to about 4k per panel.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2013, 10:17   #1792
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I just got three panels on my Brio redone - end October. Also, I have found Honda rates lower than Hyundai, for sure. Civic comes to about 4k per panel.
I remember my friend getting his Brio bumper repainted for Rs. 5000/- +. Hence I was surprised about the low cost you mentioned.
Old 12th November 2013, 12:42   #1793
Senior - BHPian

How this flat curve is an advantage except under 1800 RPM ?
Total torque delivered at every point beyond 1800 RPM is less.

Flat torque curve was touted as advantage compared to inverted U with small peak of classic diesel engines but here you are comparing against something which has constantly rising torque with RPM which is awesome.

I find Innova's lack of torque also a problem when compared to more torquey alternatives in that segment.

Now please don't flame me I am Amaze owner albeit petrol one with punny torque but for scenarios requiring torque I don't drive Amaze.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Today while watching the Earth Dreams 1.5L i-Dtec video I could take a screen grab of the Power & Torque Vs RPM curve. Look how flat is the peak torque of 200 Nm over the wide rpm range (from 1500 rpm to 3500 rpm). I guess no other car except Innova comes close. Innova has the same peak torque of 200 Nm over an rpm range from 1400 to 3400. No doubt Amaze has excellent driveability. However the Amaze weighs a lot less (more than 500 kilos) as compared to Innova.

Attachment 1163878

Last edited by amitk26 : 12th November 2013 at 12:52.
Old 12th November 2013, 13:43   #1794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post

Flat torque curve was touted as advantage compared to inverted U with small peak of classic diesel engines but here you are comparing against something which has constantly rising torque with RPM which is awesome.

I find Innova's lack of torque also a problem when compared to more torquey alternatives in that segment.

Now please don't flame me I am Amaze owner albeit petrol one with punny torque but for scenarios requiring torque I don't drive Amaze.
It's 1500 RPM by the graph. The rating is 200Nm@1750 rpm.
Well mostly other diesel's give this torque after 2000 mark. I think the good point is here.
At idle the rpm is at 900 mark and you are getting 200 Nm after 1500, a mark which you'll cross in no time.
Flat torque will give good punch when speed/rpms are low and the car will move fast. Many may find it repulsive as i've seen Amaze's owner saying car is moving too fast in 2nd gear. As with this case, many may like linear torque which increases with rpm.
But personally i like the torque delivery.
One more thing, most of the Amaze users drive in 1500-2500 rpm range so again you are always getting the good amount of torque.
I think it would be personal choice depending on your driving.
skyfire2892 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2013, 14:38   #1795
BHPian

+1 to what skyfire has to say.
A flat torque curve also helps us in getting good fuel efficiency. In engines with narrow peak torque while overtaking we often accelerate to get into the 2k+ range so that overtaking is easy. In the process there is a lot of fuel burnt to just reach the peak torque range.
I regret my switch to Ecosport from Amaze in the second gear. Ecosport TDCI wakes up only after 2k+ whereas Amaze was pulling like a train at 1700+ RPM. The difference of early torque is huge IMO.
sunilg33 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2013, 15:05   #1796
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It improves drivability multiple folds. At any gear, when you need to overtake, just press the pedal and shoot ahead. That's it. The lack of turbo lag on the Amaze makes it such a joy to drive.

Quote:
To which car are you comparing to ? Are you just comparing it with the peak torque ( in which case, it doesn't make sense because even after 1800, the torque delivery is very good in the Amaze. )

Quote:
Innova doesn't have a constantly rising torque. It stays flat. And the torque / ton of the Amaze should be superior to that of the Innova in most rpms.

Quote:
Amaze Diesel is torquey right from the word - 'Go'
amalji is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th November 2013, 15:26   #1797
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I remember my friend getting his Brio bumper repainted for Rs. 5000/- +. Hence I was surprised about the low cost you mentioned.
Was it an insurance job? Then 2x at least. Also, bumpers need some special treatment (flexible!), I remember Hyundai quoting about 7k for the Accent bumper around 2008 or 2009.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2013, 15:45   #1798
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
It improves drivability multiple folds. At any gear, when you need to overtake, just press the pedal and shoot ahead. That's it. The lack of turbo lag on the Amaze makes it such a joy to drive.
To which car are you comparing to ? Are you just comparing it with the peak torque ( in which case, it doesn't make sense because even after 1800, the torque delivery is very good in the Amaze. )
I am just comparing the 2 torque curves posted below in this thread.
One of Amaze in red and Earth Dreams 1.5L i-Dtec in blue.

Now every point above approx 1800 RPM blue line is much above red line.
This means more torque at same point, Amaze torque delivery is better below 1800 RPM that is at the time of start but contrary to the underlined portion in your post it falls way behind above it

For example at 2500 RPM you get 50NM more and at 3000 RPM you get 100NM more which is very significant for a lightweight sedan.

Quote:

Innova doesn't have a constantly rising torque. It stays flat. And the torque / ton of the Amaze should be superior to that of the Innova in most rpms.
I said Innova has constantly rising torque . Some one prior to my post said Amaze torque is flat like Innova and I said in that context is Innova is not the best when it comes to torque in that price bracket ( 10 L to 16 Lakhs)

People like it for car like handling of Innova but not even die hard fan of Innova say engine has grunt.

Quote:
Amaze Diesel is torquey right from the word - 'Go'
Very subjective it gives you it's peak torque of 200NM early but that peak is lot less then peak of engine from competition.
Old 12th November 2013, 15:57   #1799
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I only see one graph here ( posted by Autoindian ) - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...que-vs-rpm.jpg

On the above mentioned graph, blue line represents torque and red line the power. And Amaze is equipped with Earth Dreams 1.5 L i-Dtec. So, I'm not sure how you show both of them as different.

Or am I missing something here ?

Quote:
I said Innova has constantly rising torque . Some one prior to my post said Amaze torque is flat like Innova and I said in that context is Innova is not the best when it comes to torque in that price bracket ( 10 L to 16 Lakhs)
People like it for car like handling of Innova but not even die hard fan of Innova say engine has grunt.
Again, Innova doesn't have constantly rising torque. It stays flat all the way from 1400 to 3400 rpms.

A flat torque curve aids luggability and predictable acceleration. ie, you don't need to revv it hard to pull on an incline when it's fully loaded. Similarly, the people inside are comfortable due to smooth acceleration. A good design for an MUV, I would say.

Quote:
Very subjective it gives you it's peak torque of 200NM early but that peak is lot less then peak of engine from competition.
That peak is not less than the competition at all.

Dzire - 190 Nm
Etios - 170 Nm
Verito - 160 Nm
Fiesta Classic - 160 Nm

So, I'm not sure, how that's low !
amalji is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th November 2013, 16:06   #1800
BHPian

Quote:

1. The red line is of Power, not torque.
2. Most MJD powered cars give almost same torque. Unless you are talking about cars a segment above.
skyfire2892 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks