Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2013, 18:38   #1891

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post

Try changing the petrol pump and check again. I get varying figures at different gas stations. The max I saw was a difference of 1 kpl only.
Have tried different petrol pumps as well. Variance remained between 1.5 to 2 on all occasions !!! Seems like my car's fuel indicator is bit more inflated than yours !!
Old 15th December 2013, 09:43   #1892

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingGuru67 View Post
5000km Second service done.
Service cost : Zero
Corrected A pillar vibrations.
Corrected the hand gear slippage problem.
But
Unable to correct the second gear and third gear stiffnes problem.
Is any one else feel the same stiffness?
My car also makes a wierd cranking sound while shifting gears.
Hello Y'all, my first post here on Team-BHP I'm driving the Amaze i-vtec S MT. Closing on to the 900km mark.

Yes, i too feel stiffness while engaging the 2nd gear. But at times it feels buttery smooth too.

Some vibration/rattle was heard from the glove box compartment area within days after the car was bought. This one was rectified during the 1st service. Now, the A-pillar i guess, is rattling while driving through rough roads. Will get it attended soon. The two niggles (especially the latter) is sort of common with the Amaze. Hope Honda will attend to these and bring a permanent solution, at least to the new customers.
Deepakea83 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2013, 16:01   #1893
BHPian

Booked a S-AT last weekend from Crystal Honda, Bavdhan. The car will be delivered next Saturday. I have a question on the HU (CD, DVD, GPS, video player) accessory.
Is the HU worth the money (around 50k)? Or are there any good options available in the market?
Old 15th December 2013, 18:00   #1894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheelz View Post
Booked a S-AT last weekend from Crystal Honda, Bavdhan. The car will be delivered next Saturday. I have a question on the HU (CD, DVD, GPS, video player) accessory.
Is the HU worth the money (around 50k)? Or are there any good options available in the market?
HU also comes with reversing camera and the cost is 42k, last time I heard it.
Does it have bluetooth?
It does give new ICE+ MMI maps.
However an aftermarket fitment will cost less. Dealer fitment will make sure there are no warranty issues.
Here's a link
http://www.caskaindia.com/product_de...hp?model_id=51
Old 15th December 2013, 18:05   #1895
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfire2892 View Post
Does it have bluetooth?
Here's a link
http://www.caskaindia.com/product_de...hp?model_id=51
Yes, It comes with bluetooth.
Thanks for the info. I was quoted 55k initially, when I showed real interest he's come down to 45k. Will stretch him a little bit more.
Old 15th December 2013, 19:46   #1896
BHPian

Test drove amaze at 3 dealership yesterday..
1. In first test drive the vehicle was 10k Km driven & noise was so horrendous that it was completely a deal breaker. more than the engine noise it was road noise that bothered me. but 7500 sales per month made me think that their is something wrong with the TD vehicle because none can buy a car with such poor noise insulation.
2. so test drove again at another dealership & the vehicle was 6.5k km driven. to my surprise the nvh levels were well within acceptable limits.
3. so to make things clearer test drove it again at third dealership & it ws 6k km driven and the nvh levels were between the first two and were again not in my acceptable limit.

Diesel engines tend to get noisy as more n more km are driven.

So decided not to buy amaze.
Old 15th December 2013, 20:36   #1897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Test drove amaze at 3 dealership yesterday..
1. In first test drive the vehicle was 10k Km driven & noise was so horrendous that it was completely a deal breaker. more than the engine noise it was road noise that bothered me. but 7500 sales per month made me think that their is something wrong with the TD vehicle because none can buy a car with such poor noise insulation.
2. so test drove again at another dealership & the vehicle was 6.5k km driven. to my surprise the nvh levels were well within acceptable limits.
3. so to make things clearer test drove it again at third dealership & it ws 6k km driven and the nvh levels were between the first two and were again not in my acceptable limit.

Diesel engines tend to get noisy as more n more km are driven.

So decided not to buy amaze.
The noise levels after that much distance covered will also depend on how much car is maintained. If you want to compare, try other cars with similar distance on odo and compare noise levels.
Example- My father's Indica has done 1.5L km and almost sounds like a truck(or worse) because of irregular service and maintenance. While my Uncle's Indica(similar distance covered) is 10 times less noisier due to better maintenance.
Here I'm assuming that TD car not that maintained considering it's just for TD.

Again you are right that diesel cars tend to get noisier with more kms. NVH is one thing where Amaze is at complete disadvantage(compared to other cars).
About 7500 per month, people care more about magical FE figures rather than NVH.
Old 15th December 2013, 21:14   #1898
BHPian

Quote:
The noise levels after that much distance covered will also depend on how much car is maintained.
Yes true. I agree with your view.

Quote:
Here I'm assuming that TD car not that maintained considering it's just for TD.
In my opinion, the dealership should have maintained the test drive vehicle in top notch condition. The poorly maintained vehicle surely spoil the mood of prospective buyers. The live example is our team member.
Old 16th December 2013, 11:43   #1899
BHPian

I accidentally found these threads on a forum, may be helpful.

The real reason for A-pillar vibrations
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/fo...tml#post333403

Damping on Amaze
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/fo...tml#post335908

Hood damping
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/fo...tml#post343358
skyfire2892 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2013, 14:31   #1900
BHPian

Hey all,
Finally picked up the Honda Amaze SMT petrol yesterday. Was a smooth process. Took a total of two weeks after booking to get delivered. Booked from Arya Honda Bhandup, Mumbai. In love with the silver fox. Didn't pick any accessories but now thinking since my office doesn't have parking, I need to park on the road. Is the Honda security system enough or need an Autocop? Can someone please tell me what is the difference? Or is it just the sound?
Old 16th December 2013, 15:46   #1901
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pencilbuster View Post
Hey all,
Finally picked up the Honda Amaze SMT petrol yesterday. Was a smooth process. Took a total of two weeks after booking to get delivered. Booked from Arya Honda Bhandup, Mumbai. In love with the silver fox. Didn't pick any accessories but now thinking since my office doesn't have parking, I need to park on the road. Is the Honda security system enough or need an Autocop? Can someone please tell me what is the difference? Or is it just the sound?
The immobilizer is pretty standard so nothing to worry about.
The security system is okay-ish. Though it does starts alarm when there is an entry with wrong key.
Autocop will provide better security though.
Old 16th December 2013, 18:55   #1902
BHPian

Quote:

The immobilizer is pretty standard so nothing to worry about.
The security system is okay-ish. Though it does starts alarm when there is an entry with wrong key.
Autocop will provide better security though.

Hey skyfire,
Can you tell how is it better? I'm a novice when it comes to things like these.
Old 16th December 2013, 23:20   #1903
BHPian

I thought there is no siren in the vxmt alarm . Can you confirm please that the siren works . I too was thinking of installing autocop . As I thought that this might prevent the deck from getting stolen . I thought that it was only an immobiliser that honda gave not full fledged security system .
Old 17th December 2013, 10:35   #1904
BHPian

Waiting for the Honda City Diesel reviews here to check on the engine noise levels specifically. Just read a review elsewhere which claims bettter NVH levels and FE of 25+kmpl on the new City.
Old 17th December 2013, 10:52   #1905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anky View Post
I thought there is no siren in the vxmt alarm . Can you confirm please that the siren works . I too was thinking of installing autocop . As I thought that this might prevent the deck from getting stolen . I thought that it was only an immobiliser that honda gave not full fledged security system .
According to the manual booklet, if the doors/boot is opened/attempted to open without the key, the horn sounds along with blinkers blinking. Never tested this though.

Most Viewed