Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2014, 18:31   #2086

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_stripes View Post
Friends, finally took delivery of my Amaze 2 days back.

So far, am enjoying every moment behind the wheel, though I have to be careful in traffic. Suddenly the bikes and rickshaws seem so threatening when they come close!!

The engine is refined and fun to drive. Can't wait to take it out on the open road. It's wonderful how much space has been created for passengers and luggage. Planning to get a few basic accessories right now and gradually install the rest in phases.
I agree ! Initially i also found all the rickshawallah's threatening.. to be honest still do. I don't want a scratch on my Amaze .. last week the parking guy got a slight scratch and the poor guy got scolded.
Old 19th February 2014, 21:06   #2087
BHPian

I've three services done . No changes carried out except air intake and oil change . I confirmed it with the service advisor . Vxmt diesel . 25 July 2013 .
Old 19th February 2014, 22:04   #2088
BHPian

Quote:
Friends, finally took delivery of my Amaze 2 days back.

So far, am enjoying every moment behind the wheel, though I have to be careful in traffic. Suddenly the bikes and rickshaws seem so threatening when they come close!!

The engine is refined and fun to drive. Can't wait to take it out on the open road. It's wonderful how much space has been created for passengers and luggage. Planning to get a few basic accessories right now and gradually install the rest in phases.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhi551985 View Post
I agree ! Initially i also found all the rickshawallah's threatening.. to be honest still do. I don't want a scratch on my Amaze .. last week the parking guy got a slight scratch and the poor guy got scolded.
Hahaha, so I am not the only one! I get paranoid when bikers, especially, try to squeeze in between my car and another vehicle when there is no space at all . Have had few scratches and each one was painful for me!

And yes, it's a great car for city roundabouts. Very refined engine, grippy steering, excellent brakes and very good all round view for the driver. My only gripe is the lack of torque in 2nd gear. Wish it had more grunt especially while accelerating after tackling a speed bump.
Top-Gear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2014, 23:58   #2089
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingGuru67 View Post
First we thought that amaze is restricted to 145kmph. Its a false information friends.
Good to hear that. Though I personally don't touch such high speeds on our roads, I always felt that Honda shouldn't restrict anyone. We bought the car, so we should be able to drive as we please, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhi551985 View Post
First of all, congrats on your new Amaze! Which variant did you buy? I'm sure all new car owners face this. Everyone is out to scratch and dent their baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top-Gear View Post
My only gripe is the lack of torque in 2nd gear. Wish it had more grunt especially while accelerating after tackling a speed bump.
Yup. I think this gripe is more common among the petrol owners. Needed just an extra ounce of torque in the low gears to zoom away.
Old 20th February 2014, 18:06   #2090

Quote:
Good to hear that. Though I personally don't touch such high speeds on our roads, I always felt that Honda shouldn't restrict anyone. We bought the car, so we should be able to drive as we please, right?

First of all, congrats on your new Amaze! Which variant did you buy? I'm sure all new car owners face this. Everyone is out to scratch and dent their baby!

Yup. I think this gripe is more common among the petrol owners. Needed just an extra ounce of torque in the low gears to zoom away.

I bought Amaze Diesel (VX) model (Urban Titanium Color).. Crossed 4k kms this month.
Old 25th February 2014, 12:23   #2091
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheelz View Post
I have owned a Amaze AT for 3 months now and have clocked around 3.5k.
Offlate I m hearing similar noises from the other sections of the car. the left front door alignment is off. Have planned visit to service station this friday, will get all this resolved next week.
Are these common issues ocuring? Or I am the unlucky one.
An update on the issues. Took the car to Deccan Honda, Pimpri. The guys there did a good job of fixing all the issues including the door alignement. Did not pay anything for this. The car is doing good now. Did Pune-Mumbai yesterday and no sounds from anywhere.
I had not heard good reviews about Deccan Honda on service part. But I am very happy with the way they handled it both the times I took the car. There is a guy name Sagar. He is prompt and courteous.
bigwheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2014, 18:04   #2092
BHPian

I believe many variables affect top speed such as Load (Passenger + Boot + Fuel), Gradient, Tyre pressure, Type of wheels (alloy/steel). I personally do not bother so much about top speed. I had once done 135+ on a straight stretch while coming back from Salem to Bangalore and liked the way the car behaved while changing lanes at such high speed even on stock tyres. That is what matters for me.
Slightly off topic, @speedsatya which app have you used to capture these metrics?
Old 1st March 2014, 13:49   #2093
BHPian

Just saw an Amaze i-DTEC with a red plate here in Delhi today. The car i suppose was a test mule but i wonder what could they be testing on the car. There was no debadging done to the car, nor was it camouflaged in any way.
Old 1st March 2014, 20:03   #2094
BHPian

Sent the Petrol amaze for the first service today, SA was pushing for 520rs for Engine bay trim protection. I asked him for an explanation his reply was after water washing the engine bay it's better to get the protection done as there are sensors in the engine bay which will be protected!.
Old 1st March 2014, 21:19   #2095
BHPian

Quote:
Is there a Racetronics boost available for the Amaze Petrol that would boost the low end torque? Otherwise this is a brilliant car for driving.
Old 4th March 2014, 13:36   #2096
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note: Please note that we do NOT permit posts mentioning illegally high speeds. Do refrain from the same, thanks!
Old 4th March 2014, 16:19   #2097
BHPian

I've heard the 2014 model is coming with all black dashboard. Can anybody confirm this(pics)?
Old 4th March 2014, 22:21   #2098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfire2892 View Post
I've heard the 2014 model is coming with all black dashboard. Can anybody confirm this(pics)?
I think you are right. Check the interior pic from Honda's official Indian website
https://www.hondacarindia.com/Amaze/interiors.html

Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-intkeyimg4.jpg
Old 5th March 2014, 12:44   #2099
BHPian

Saw this photo on Honda's website. The chocolate brown color is gone. Doorpads look much better now.
Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-amaze5.jpg
Old 5th March 2014, 14:40   #2100
BHPian

While the black front console on the dashboard (from the original brown) is a welcome change. I seriously hope Honda does something for the NVH levels and take care of the initial rattling issues (around the A pillar area) in the 2014 model.

With two new models lined up for launch in this segment (Zest and Xcent), Honda should seriously consider improving the NVH levels as this could be potentially deal breaker and the prospective buyer would have more options in next few months. It will then be very hard for Honda to even maintain the current numbers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks