Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2014, 15:08   #2101
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazeGuru View Post
While the black front console on the dashboard (from the original brown) is a welcome change. I seriously hope Honda does something for the NVH levels and take care of the initial rattling issues (around the A pillar area) in the 2014 model.
The NVH level on Amaze petrol is pretty low if you have the right set of tyres. Its the NVH on Diesel that is bad because of the lightweight aluminium diesel that is seeing more vibrations than the Fiat 1.3 MJD engine.
Old 5th March 2014, 16:12   #2102
Senior - BHPian

My Amaze Petrol VX AT completed 4,000 KMS. Absolutely trouble free till date.

Even in the "pot hole city" (aka Bangalore) the car is giving a back ache free ride and the little engine with the peppy auto box has been a pleasure to drive.

Good Year tyres giving a very low NVH as well.

Service experience fro Dakshin Honda has been relatively good (compared to the buying experience)

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram
Old 5th March 2014, 18:08   #2103
Senior - BHPian

What is the maximum kilometers that people on this forum have completed on the Amaze Diesel? The Salesman at Magnum Honda told me he has seen Amaze i-DTEC that has done 80K without issues. Anyone who crossed the 6 digit mark?

I actually went for a i-DTEC Honda City but curious to understand on what kind of statistics we have on the life of this Earth Dreams Diesel engine so far...
Old 5th March 2014, 20:14   #2104
BHPian

Driving 80K kms in 10 months is little too much and I don't think anyone would have even crossed 50K kms. This will translate to about 266 kms/day, which is almost impossible. The SA at showroom must be exaggerating.

As far as the engine is concerned, I guess there are about 35,000 diesel Amazes (roughly 60% of total sales) on road today. So far, I haven't come across any Amaze owner complaining about engine related problem in other Auto forums as well (apart from the obvious NVH related complaints).

While the long term reliability is still unknown as no owner appears to have crossed 50K, being the 'Engine Experts', I am sure Honda would have done tons of testing before releasing it to the market. But as with any 'all new' car/engine, this engine is also in its infancy and hopefully will mature into a long term reliable engine.
AmazeGuru is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2014, 09:55   #2105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Driving 80K kms in 10 months is little too much and I don't think anyone would have even crossed 50K kms. This will translate to about 266 kms/day, which is almost impossible. The SA at showroom must be exaggerating.
Now that you put it this way, what you are saying seems very realistic

Quote:
As far as the engine is concerned, I guess there are about 35,000 diesel Amazes (roughly 60% of total sales) on road today. So far, I haven't come across any Amaze owner complaining about engine related problem in other Auto forums as well (apart from the obvious NVH related complaints).
That is good to hear. Out of curiosity, how are the gear placements on the Amaze Diesel. What is the typical RPM reading when one touches 100kmph on the top gear?
Old 6th March 2014, 11:00   #2106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
That is good to hear. Out of curiosity, how are the gear placements on the Amaze Diesel. What is the typical RPM reading when one touches 100kmph on the top gear?
I have driven Amaze for about 7000 kms so far and have not been a big fan of its gearbox. but I am getting a feeling that my good old Vista QJD's gear shifting was smoother. I know there are quite a few Amaze Diesel owners complaining about the 'hardness' in slotting gears - especially 1st and 2nd gears.

As far as the RPM reading is concerned, you will find it ideal to upshift at around 1500 RPM and it will hit 100 kmph in top gear at around 2100 RPM.

You may not be able to rev it hard like few other diesel engines - national diesel to be specific, but if you are a sedate driver, you will really enjoy the drive. Slot it in top gear and it can pickup speed even from 1000 RPM, so you don't need to downshift too often.
AmazeGuru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2014, 11:04   #2107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfire2892 View Post
I've heard the 2014 model is coming with all black dashboard. Can anybody confirm this(pics)?
People have already replied that the 2014 model has an all black dashboard, but since I took the trouble of taking a picture, here it is.
Old 6th March 2014, 11:29   #2108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Now that you put it this way, what you are saying seems very realistic

One of my friends is close to 22k that's highest I've heard. He has no problem whatsoever.
The gear placement in Amaze is more suited for city driving but 5th gear stretches long enough for highway drives. The 6th gear in city does a better job though.
In city 3rd gear is quite long which allows avoiding frequent gear shifts and 2nd does good job at lower speeds(no need to go in 1st).
IIRC 100 kph comes at approx 2300rpm.
I have driven City diesel too and gear placement looked similar to Amaze(2nd and 3rd). i-DTEC's negligible turbo lag and flat torque makes sure gear shifting is not required frequently.
One thing to note is that gear sometimes refuses to slot. Many Amaze users have complained about this. Apparently gear box does not allows downshifting if speed is more. Mostly occurs from 3rd to 2nd. Don't know if this is the same case in City.
skyfire2892 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2014, 13:18   #2109
BHPian

Looks like the picture got deleted from my previous post. Hope it comes out right this time.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-dashboard.jpg  

tiger_stripes is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th March 2014, 15:35   #2110
BHPian

Thanks for the pic. Looks better than the brown panel IMO. Are there any other changes to 2014 model apart from this panel? Is this picture taken in the showroom?
Old 6th March 2014, 16:51   #2111
BANNED

My son has a City AVN (Mk.III) and his wife an Amaze VX. He finds the latter to be a more handy city car, esp due to the lighter steering. Highway (driving from Kanpur to Gurgaon via YE) the brand new car sustained decent three digit speeds without any sweat,
Old 6th March 2014, 17:21   #2112
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the pic. Looks better than the brown panel IMO. Are there any other changes to 2014 model apart from this panel? Is this picture taken in the showroom?
Well I don't know what other changes have been made. In fact, I didn't even realize that the dashboard is different until I read about it here!! I have my 1st service scheduled tomorrow. Will see if I can get an update from the service adviser.
Old 6th March 2014, 17:23   #2113
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfire2892 View Post
Saw this photo on Honda's website. The chocolate brown color is gone. Doorpads look much better now.
Attachment 1215567
I wonder why the glove box cover still has to be beige, like some aftermarket addition.
Old 6th March 2014, 20:51   #2114

car delivery taken last week. It is black console as shown in the picture. Beige color on the glove compartment does look odd though.
Old 9th March 2014, 00:08   #2115
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Took delivery of my Amaze EX(Diesel) variant today.
For a car which costs 8 lakh on-road i am truly amazed as to how one has to adjust the ORVM's!
Open the windows, put your hand out and adjust the mirror. You should not even think of adjusting the left ORVM as it is beyond reach! There is no joystick inside like most cars have, even my decade old Indica had them.
Also i couldn't find 12V charging point anywhere!
Ridiculous!

Last edited by PPS : 9th March 2014 at 00:10.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks