Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2014, 15:06   #2146
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Does any one here know the diameter of the Front Speakers in the Amaze. Particularly the VX model - one with ABS and the Airbags.

What I have is VX AT Petrol, but I suppose the speaker size would be identical in all.

Trying to chnage this to a component one and I need this info to buy new speakers and at the moment I am not in India to physically mesure it, hence, the request

Best Regards & Drive Safe

Ram
Hi Ram,
I'm not sure but i'm almost certain that it would be a 5.25" speaker, 5.25" is a common OEM size for this class of vehicles. I hope someone who has upgraded their Amaze/Brio speakers can clarify. If needed a 6.5" speaker can be put in its place with an adapter ring.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2014, 15:45   #2147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Hi Ram,
I'm not sure but i'm almost certain that it would be a 5.25" speaker, 5.25" is a common OEM size for this class of vehicles. I hope someone who has upgraded their Amaze/Brio speakers can clarify. If needed a 6.5" speaker can be put in its place with an adapter ring.
Hi Sankar,

Trust you are fine and thanks

If its 5.25 may be I can go for some Component of same size like available in Infinity Kappa range. I don't wan to kill the originality and hence not thinking of a 6.5

Let us see if some one can confirm

Ram
Old 9th April 2014, 13:01   #2148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Sankar,

Trust you are fine and thanks
Hi Ram, I'm doing fine! thanks.
A reliable source tells me that the Amaze OEM speakers are 5.25". I think you can safely opt for 5.25" components.

I have recently downgraded from Morel Tempo 6 components. to 6.5" Infiity Primus coaxials. Infinity is not too bad but there is a lack of punch and i wish they sounded more open. I don't have an amp and were run directly by the HU.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2014, 12:12   #2149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Let us see if some one can confirm
Stock Sizes for Honda Amaze:

Front : 6.5"
Rear : 4"
panky12345 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2014, 13:37   #2150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
Stock Sizes for Honda Amaze:

Front : 6.5"
Rear : 4"

Are you sure about it ?

Few people who own Amaze confirmed that the front is 5,25". The Outer cover is 6.5"

Rear I think is definitely bigger than 4" at least in my car.

I will have to check it

Ram
Old 11th April 2014, 14:30   #2151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Are you sure about it ?

Few people who own Amaze confirmed that the front is 5,25". The Outer cover is 6.5"

Rear I think is definitely bigger than 4" at least in my car.

I will have to check it

Ram

Am 200% sure as am using the same.
Old 11th April 2014, 15:03   #2152
Senior - BHPian

Would 6.5" speaker sit in the door without fouling with the speaker opening on the plastic door panel? I'm doubtful after seeing the below pics.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/fo...review-24.html
Old 11th April 2014, 17:01   #2153
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone changed headlight bulbs to 100/90 W ? If yes , please share the performance feedback. OE headlights are useless.

Just had my right rear damper replaced under warranty for leakages.

Also , got to know from someone who works at a Honda dealership that Honda is replacing brake pads for free in diesel AmaZe cars that come for replacements. It seems the pads have work out as early as 10 K kms and Honda is doing as a goodwill gesture. Mine is doing okay at 15K kms.

Also , what's the feedback about handling at high speeds ? I have changed to 195/60r14 but it's still not very confidence inspiring

Sent from my mobile phone , please excuse typos
Old 11th April 2014, 21:22   #2154
BHPian

The guy on TAI forum fit 6.5 in. speakers by modding the door panel and cutting the oe speaker mount ring from inside . The standard size is 5.25 in. . Then there is the spacer ring over it to prevent it from touching the door panel directly . So front is 5.25 in. without mods or 6.5 in. with slight mods where honda may have a reason to void warranty. Rear are 4 in. . But the contact plugs of the rear speaker are slightly different from standard speaker connectors . I too feel that my amaze speakers are bad compared to my dzire . They lack base . I too want to change them without any mods or loosing out on my warranty . Correct me if I'm wrong .

Last edited by anky : 11th April 2014 at 21:46.
Old 15th April 2014, 16:39   #2155
BHPian

Honda launches limited edition Amaze

Honda Cars India Ltd. (HCIL), has launched the ‘Anniversary edition’ of Amaze to mark the 1st Anniversary of the car in the Indian Market, the company said.

It is priced at a special price of Rs 71,861 over the price of the standard ‘VX’ and ‘S’ variants.

Some of the highlights of the car include:

* Front under-spoiler, Side and Rear under-spoiler

*Trunk-spoiler along with door visors and exhaust pipe finisher.

* Interiors sporting premium upholstery and contrasting wooden finish panel on the dashboard.

The car will also have an ‘Anniversary edition’ emblem to highlight the special edition and will be available in ‘VX’ and ‘S’ variants in both Petrol and Diesel.

The engines -- 1.5L i-DTEC diesel and 1.2L i-VTEC petrol remain unchanged obviously.

As per Honda, it has sold over 80,000 units of Amaze since its launch in April, 2013.

The ‘Anniversary edition’ of Honda Amaze will be available at a special price of Rs 71,861 over the price of the standard ‘VX’ and ‘S’ variants.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-amazeanniversary-edition-car-image.jpg  

captain.torque is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th April 2014, 17:44   #2156
BHPian

Re: Honda launches limited edition Amaze

Looks liek honda is following Maruti by launching Limited Editions which are merely cosmetic and which can very well be done through aftremarket fitment for a lesser price.

It would be better if they can provide convenience features like Bluetooth connectivity, driver armrest, the much needed CD player et all.
racer_ash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2014, 19:02   #2157
Team-BHP Support

Oh no! Looks like Maruti is slowly getting to the rest.

Offering lousy enhancements at 71k extra is hurting their image rather than building it; I'd much rather appreciate if they gave something less at extra cost.

But then again, there ain't no free lunch.
Old 15th April 2014, 19:16   #2158
Senior - BHPian

Great. The ugly gets more uglier with forced false looks and adornments (sorry to existing owners). Above that ask for an additional price to it too. Honda seems to be bouyed by the reports of entering in the top three league that it comes with a fast buck making scheme. The spoilers totally look out of place. Instead they could have offered some accessories at a lesser price. Why did Honda have to do it when they were selling the Amaze in good numbers.
Old 15th April 2014, 19:37   #2159
Senior - BHPian

72000 for some cosmetic changes to the top end Amaze? Unless there are some other serious stuff that is not mentioned, these changes total up to the tune of around 20k max.

BTW, why would any of those customers be better off buying this instead of the base variant of City?
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2014, 19:39   #2160
BHPian

Just read in ET today that Honda has released special edition of AMAZE to mark its 1st anniversary.
The anniversary edition of Honda Amaze will be available at a special price that will be approx 71,000 higher than prices of the VX and S variants in petrol and diesel.
The anniversary edition comes with various sporty features extra, including front under spoiler, side under spoiler, rear under spoiler, trunk spoiler along with door visors and exhaust pipe finisher. Interiors have been further enhanced with premium upholstery and contrasting wooden finish panel on the dashboard.
Cooltronics is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed