re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
Stock Sizes for Honda Amaze:

Front : 6.5"
Rear : 4"
Panky12345,

Thanks for this.

I also mesured this can confirm that the rear is 4".

But I think there would be enough room to fit in a 6" with minimum modification to the OE Parcel Shelf cover - inside the cover there is a support kind of thing which sits around/on the current 4" speaker. The speaker opening from the boot is definitely big enough to allow a 6" speaker to sit in.

The from door ones, I did not get a chance to reconfirm - so is it 5.25" or 6.5" (The OE one I mean)

Best Regards & Drive Safe

Ram
Old 28th May 2014, 09:31   #2207
BHPian

Recently, was on a road trip driving an Amaze D. While the handling and ride was quite acceptable, the power delivery and the overall feeling was boring, dreary and dreadful.

And, the electronically controlled 140-speed limit just made things worse. What would be the point of having 100 PS and being limited to 140kmph?

I guess Honda has to differentiate Amaze from City.
Old 28th May 2014, 11:42   #2208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin489 View Post
Recently, was on a road trip driving an Amaze D. While the handling and ride was quite acceptable, the power delivery and the overall feeling was boring, dreary and dreadful.

And, the electronically controlled 140-speed limit just made things worse. What would be the point of having 100 PS and being limited to 140kmph?

I guess Honda has to differentiate Amaze from City.
True top speed of the amaze diesel is around 142 kph. The speedometer might show higher readings , but assume around 5-10% speedo error with the OE tires . This car is more of a highway cruiser at around 80-100 kph where it gives best FE and performance . Also given the traffic and the way our highways operate anything higher is just pure academic and very dangerous . Also , the skinny 175 tires that Honda gives as OE is just unacceptable .

The biggest grouse I have with this car is the seating comfort . 1 year and 18k kms , I still havent found a comfortable position . So much that I have been using a pillow these days after a back pain got aggrevated after a 900 kms drive . I have done longer drives in other cars ( some of them about 10 years old ) , but have never faced any serious back pain issues

Last edited by Vid6639 : 28th May 2014 at 12:07. Reason: deleted quoted post
Old 28th May 2014, 12:11   #2209
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
The biggest grouse I have with this car is the seating comfort .I still havent found a comfortable position. I have done longer drives in other cars ( some of them about 10 years old ) , but have never faced any serious back pain issues
Agree with you on this!
My back started hurting a bit after a 4hr 80km drive to office & back. I'm assuming it would be a lot worse when i take the car out for an even longer drive.
I guess the thin seats are the culprits here as they don't offer good support. I never faced any issue on my 2 other cars which are the Dzire & the Swift.
Old 29th May 2014, 17:43   #2210
BHPian

Can anyone give some FE figures of amaze in the city and highway with AC. One of my friend is planning to buy Amaze and need I to update him.
Old 29th May 2014, 18:15   #2211
BHPian

Hi @sunilg33 . I get 20 to 23 kmpl in 80% highway and 20% city ac always on . 35 km one way trip mumbai to thane daily . Engine harshness and vibrations have become tolerable after a year . Overall I'm satisfied in the 10 months I have owned the car . I have a vxmt I-dtec .
Old 30th May 2014, 00:14   #2212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilg33 View Post
Can anyone give some FE figures of amaze in the city and highway with AC. One of my friend is planning to buy Amaze and need I to update him.

VX diesel/13 months / 18590 kms
Avg FE in city - 17-18 kpl with AC on 80% of the times
Highway FE - 21-23 kpl if speeds below 120 kph. Anything higher and the FE hovers around 17 kpl

Tell your friend to TD the dezire also back to back with the Amaze over atleast 4-5 kms.

Sent from my mobile phone , please excuse typos
Old 2nd June 2014, 14:24   #2213

I was surprised to find that this was 99 bhp. While driving I found it so underpowered
Old 2nd June 2014, 19:28   #2214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingGuru67 View Post
Hi friends,
Have anyone given your non ABS amaze to the dealer to get it checked upon? Is there any difference in the handling of the car after servicing?
If this query was in response to proportioning valve of LSPV replacement then it has nothing to do with handling , LSPV is used to distribute the break force so it is equally distributed and vehicle stops in a straight line.
Old 4th June 2014, 16:08   #2215

Hi Guys
So I got a Honda Amaze Vx (P) in February. I am loving the car, especially the ivtec and the way it performs. Saying that, over the course of my ownership (counting 4 months now, I have noticed a few...niggles?..well actually, omissions would be a better word, in the car.

Now I understand that a few things that I mention might have been covered before as well in this thread, but I would still like to list them for the convenience of having them answered at the same place, as well as serving its purpose for potential buyers.

1) First off, and a big first off! Why don't the doors lock automatically while driving? I mean, I understand that in a very crooked sense, they are safer if at all there is an accident and the electronics jumble up thereby making unlocking a difficult task, but seriously, there must be some other option right?
Is that even a cost cutting feature? Also, How do I get all the doors to lock then from the inside? By pulling the lock over the door handle manually or am I missing something very obvious here? Can someone help?

2) I bought the petrol variant knowing that the car would be driven around very less. I cycle to office on most days since I reach faster than I would reach with a car (Hint Bangalore Hint) and the wifey loves her scooter.
Any which ways I have driven only around 800 kms till now with the second service due the coming weekend.
During all this time, my FE has been abysmal. It generally varies between 10-12 kmpl and only once gave a reading of 15.6 (trip to the airport on a sunday). I am not a rash driver nor do I over-rev and well, most of the times, the ECO indicator keeps showing.
SO what could be the reason here? If it helps, I did upgrade from the stock tyres to the Michelin R14s as suggested in the official review and by many others in this thread. But surely that cannot be a reason?

3) Alright, this is nitpicking now, but I am surprised why the music system doesn't show me the name of the song playing (from the USB). Even my old estilo's music system could do so.
I have noticed that while playing a song, pressing the ok button shows you the name of the folder inside your USB, pressing it again does reveal the name of the file playing currently, but as soon as the song changes, nothing. Just the time. Once again, am I doing something wrong?
On a side note, I think the sound quality is very very good compared to how a few people diss on it so frequently. Its much better than most other stock speakers for sure. That or I got harman kardons from Honda for being awesome!

Yeah so, there's that. I would be glad if someone can throw some light on this.
Thanks for reading!
Old 4th June 2014, 17:18   #2216
BHPian

To reply to the above points
1. The doors should auto lock . It's an idiotic omission on honda . My dzire does it . It should at least have been an option for the dealer to enable it for us . I hate honda for that cost cutting .
2. Regarding the F.E. I have a diesel so can't speak for you . I get bet 20 to 25 kmpl mixed driving in Mumbai.
3 . Speakers are bad . My dzire has a much better music system . Honda skimped here too . Shame on you honda . I want a cd player as standard whether I use it or not . My kenwood hu from my 2004 alto paired with jbl 6×9 at rear and oem 4" kenwood at front sounded much better . I like base and these crappy speakers just don't have it .
Another point when I play usb the song name always shows on the display .
I hate honda for skimping on my car despite it being more expensive than the dzire . The engine being more powerful is really very sluggish .
Guys don't criticise me for hating Honda as I now have owned the amaze for 10 months and the dzire for much the same time . The only plus point in the amaze is the seating comfort which is miles ahead of the dzire .
anky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2014, 17:39   #2217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devious.mojave View Post
Hi Guys
2) I bought the petrol variant knowing that the car would be driven around very less. I cycle to office on most days since I reach faster than I would reach with a car (Hint Bangalore Hint) and the wifey loves her scooter.
Any which ways I have driven only around 800 kms till now with the second service due the coming weekend.
During all this time, my FE has been abysmal. It generally varies between 10-12 kmpl and only once gave a reading of 15.6 (trip to the airport on a sunday). I am not a rash driver nor do I over-rev and well, most of the times, the ECO indicator keeps showing.

3) Alright, this is nitpicking now, but I am surprised why the music system doesn't show me the name of the song playing (from the USB). Even my old estilo's music system could do so.
About FE, since it's a petrol i guess 13 kmpl is normal for city driving. You can get higher FE on highways. In city the most common gear is 3rd gear and you can really can't get high FE unless you are in 4th and 5th gear.

About the song name, this can be done by pressing the setup button,then scroll through the menu.

Last edited by skyfire2892 : 4th June 2014 at 17:45.
Old 4th June 2014, 20:40   #2218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devious.mojave View Post
On a side note, I think the sound quality is very very good compared to how a few people diss on it so frequently. Its much better than most other stock speakers for sure. That or I got harman kardons from Honda for being awesome!
Thanks for reading!
Quote:
Originally Posted by anky View Post
3 . Speakers are bad . My dzire has a much better music system . Honda skimped here too . Shame on you honda .
I'm driving an Amaze Diesel since Sept 2013. As soon as I bought the car, I changed the head unit to a Sony XAV 601BT touchscreen receiver. Frankly speaking, I find that the audio quality is light years ahead of that of my friend's D'zire VDi. I never felt the need for changing the stock speakers coz I'm quite happy with the highs, mids and lows that I get. For example, when we played the "Boom boom" track by Black Eyed Peas in both the cars, the thumps were tighter, more refined in my Amaze. Probably the built-in amplifier of the Sony must be working better than the stock amp. Plus, I always play mp3 files with minimum bitrate of 192kbps. Let me remind that I do not have an external amplifier installed.
Old 4th June 2014, 21:06   #2219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazer2013 View Post
I'm driving an Amaze Diesel since Sept 2013. As soon as I bought the car, I changed the head unit to a Sony XAV 601BT touchscreen receiver.
amazer2013,

Can you please post a picture of the Dash showing the Sony XAV 601 BT. I am considering a change of HDU and hence would like to see how an after market HDU sits in the Dash

Best Regards & Thanks

Ram
Old 4th June 2014, 21:29   #2220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Can you please post a picture of the Dash showing the Sony XAV 601 BT.
I had posted it on this thread long back. Here's the link for your reference
Link to my HU post

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks