Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2014, 12:43   #2251
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

I needed the pencil impression on paper of Chassis no. & Engine No. for submitting application for NOC from RTO Panvel. The details are available at bottom inside of the left front door on a badge screwed to chassis. But the engraving is so poor that the pencil impression is a challenge. Does anyone have a clue reg. where else on the chassis this engraving will be available or any other option available from my RTO requirement.
Old 7th July 2014, 21:14   #2252

Yesterday I checked again for the rear seat noise and found out that it came from the exact middle portion where the Armrest is (in folded back/not in use position). Mine is the S variant i-VTEC Sept 2013 model. My Bro helped me out by taking various positions at the rear seat while we went for a drive.

Today morning I went to the SVC, told them the issue and they checked it right away and found the same noise as the adviser tapped the area firmly. I waited at the SVC and at around 10:30 AM, the repair work was completed. At eve I checked again, and yes, the noise is completely gone

Drive Safe,
Deepak
Old 12th July 2014, 23:09   #2253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkay456 View Post
I needed the pencil impression on paper of Chassis no. & Engine No. for submitting application for NOC from RTO Panvel. The details are available at bottom inside of the left front door on a badge screwed to chassis. But the engraving is so poor that the pencil impression is a challenge. Does anyone have a clue reg. where else on the chassis this engraving will be available or any other option available from my RTO requirement.
Hi emkay,
You can find the best engraving under the bonnet.
Just bend a bit and look exactly behind the honda idtech badge in the engine bay.
It is impressed along the body panel horizontally.
Hope this information is good.
Drive safe.
Regards,
Guru.
amazingGuru67 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2014, 19:49   #2254
BHPian

Posting on behalf of a friend who needs advice on Amaze automatic. He took a test drive of the amaze and felt that the car was not very stable and assuring at 100 kph. I am sure that it could be an issue with the specific tester else GTO would have pointed it out in his review. But just to ‘get it out of the way’; looking for feedback from Amaze automatic owners about their experience wrt the highway manners of Amaze.
Old 15th July 2014, 21:14   #2255
BHPian

The amaze idtec at the above mentioned speed is absolutely fine . Sorry do not own the auto . Mostly ride and handling of the ivtec , ivtec auto and idtec should be similar as suspension seems to be the same . Hope this helps .
OT My amaze is due for one year paid service . Will report feedback here after service (paid) is done .
Old 15th July 2014, 23:07   #2256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque!! View Post
Posting on behalf of a friend who needs advice on Amaze automatic. He took a test drive of the amaze and felt that the car was not very stable and assuring at 100 kph. I am sure that it could be an issue with the specific tester else GTO would have pointed it out in his review. But just to ‘get it out of the way’; looking for feedback from Amaze automatic owners about their experience wrt the highway manners of Amaze.
I own an Amaze VX AT. One year old (June 2013). Have never had any stability issues and infact is a delight to drive around.

Two weeks back it had its real long trip - Bangalore to TVM. Driving time up to Tirunelveli bypass - Nagercoil exit 6 hours 30 minutes.

Breaks performed very well (as expected of a Honda) and vehicle felt very planted even at some heavy cross winds at places.

After that a slow grind TVM so does not count

Best Regards & Drive Safe

Ram
Old 18th July 2014, 17:31   #2257
BANNED

Met a chap yesterday who was claiming to have been ticketed on the Yamuna Expressway for doing 150kph in his Amaze Diesel. I think the speed is crazy but still knowing the ca is capably of touching this speed is comforting. Maybe a bit taller gearing is called for!
Old 20th July 2014, 02:33   #2258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
I own an Amaze VX AT. One year old (June 2013). Have never had any stability issues and infact is a delight to drive around.

Two weeks back it had its real long trip - Bangalore to TVM. Driving time up to Tirunelveli bypass - Nagercoil exit 6 hours 30 minutes.

Breaks performed very well (as expected of a Honda) and vehicle felt very planted even at some heavy cross winds at places.

After that a slow grind TVM so does not count

Ram

Are you sure it was 6.5 hrs ? Wouldn't it be around 600 + kms Bangalore to that point ?
Old 20th July 2014, 19:01   #2259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkumar View Post
Are you sure it was 6.5 hrs ? Wouldn't it be around 600 + kms Bangalore to that point ?
Yes I am pretty sure of what I am saying, and at the point of Trivadrum exit my tripmeter reading was 634 KM. I was stating this in answering a question about the stability of Amaze at high speeds. Also the time I have mentioned is the exact driving time (excluding all stopages)

Ram
Old 25th July 2014, 15:42   #2260
BHPian

Hi Friends,
I am a newbie to the forum.

Took delivery of Amaze VX MT Diesel 3 weeks back . Enjoying the drive so far. Yet to test on highway.
I echo thousands of Amaze owner on all the aspects of the car.

I find my car's suspension to be bit stiff. Is it the normal setting? When I go over speed bump (doing only 10-15kmph), I feel the hard thud. I run with air pressure of 30. Question is should I be changing to Nitrogen? Or ask service guys to make it on softer side during my first service? BTW, I haven't change the Stock JK tyres? Planning for upgrade. Does that help?

Thanks.
Old 25th July 2014, 17:02   #2261
Senior - BHPian

Mod Note : Team-BHP strongly discourages unsafe driving practices that put yourself and other road users at risk. Please do NOT post about illegally high speeds on public roads.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Stratos : 26th July 2014 at 10:05.
Old 26th July 2014, 10:35   #2262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nggk5mr View Post
Took delivery of Amaze VX MT Diesel 3 weeks back

I find my car's suspension to be bit stiff. Is it the normal setting? When I go over speed bump (doing only 10-15kmph), I feel the hard thud. I run with air pressure of 30. Question is should I be changing to Nitrogen? Or ask service guys to make it on softer side during my first service? BTW, I haven't change the Stock JK tyres? Planning for upgrade. Does that help?
Congrats on your new ride and wish you many happy miles!!

Honda's are known to have softer suspensions. The thud you hear is probably the car scraping the bottom on the speed bump. If you are used to driving another car, try going a bit slower over the bump. I don't think much can be done about it during service too.
tiger_stripes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2014, 13:54   #2263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_stripes View Post
Congrats on your new ride and wish you many happy miles!!

Honda's are known to have softer suspensions. The thud you hear is probably the car scraping the bottom on the speed bump. If you are used to driving another car, try going a bit slower over the bump. I don't think much can be done about it during service too.
Thanks 'tiger_strips' for your wishes.

I was driving a Baleno, which i sold & bought an Amaze. We all know about Baleno's GC. With my new Amaze, I don't bottom-out at all the speed bumps I used to. In fact, I almost forgot about that issue. The noise is coming from the front wheels/suspensions when I go down the bump. I feel the feedback in the steering column too, though very mildly. So I was thinking it should be tire pressure or the suspension stiffness. Will try to investigate through my first service.

Thanks.
Old 26th July 2014, 16:32   #2264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nggk5mr View Post
Hi Friends,
I am a newbie to the forum.

Took delivery of Amaze VX MT Diesel 3 weeks back . Enjoying the drive so far. Yet to test on highway.
I echo thousands of Amaze owner on all the aspects of the car.

Thanks.
Congrats pal!

So how's the NVH, I heard 2014 models are improved in that area. Do you feel the same?

What Color? Pls post some pics.

And if you don't mind, what was the OTR price ?any freebies?
Old 27th July 2014, 12:31   #2265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodie09 View Post
Congrats pal!

So how's the NVH, I heard 2014 models are improved in that area. Do you feel the same?

What Color? Pls post some pics.

And if you don't mind, what was the OTR price ?any freebies?
The engine noise is better damped in 2014 model. I test drove the 2013 diesel and found it to be noisier. If I have the ICE running (not that loud too) I don't hear the diesel noise. I feel Honda did some improvement in that front.

The issue with A-pillar rattling is the most annoying. This is when driving in really bad roads (which is most of the roads I have to use for daily commute).

I bought Majestic Blue.

The ORP in Bangalore is 8,86,428/- (after 10K corporate discount).
I got the reverse camera with IRVM display unit, Seat covers & rubber mats as freebies.
The rubber mats are not that functional. I got 3D mats as part of after-market fitments.

I will post pictures soon.

Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks