Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2014, 10:59   #2386
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
Just couldnt take it anymore ! Honda once again replies saying there is nothing wrong with their brake pads and that this was a wear n tear issue !

5- brake pads wearing out as early as 8K kms. Honda was replacing this free for cars coming for brake replacements before 15 K kms. Mine was replaced at 18K kms and I was charged for this
Sorry to hear about the ordeal you had to go through and glad that you have moved onto a better companion (Ciaz). As a fellow Amaze Diesel owner, I can relate to most of the issues you have listed out. More specifically to the Brake pad issue.

I have done about 20k kms over last 14 months and as of last Friday, my brake pads started making noise again. The service center checked and promptly asked me to replace the brake pads. This is the SECOND brake pad replacement, and within 20k kms. Last time, they replaced it for free @ 9k kms. Now, it has run only 11k and it is due for replacement again.

They told me the usual 'wear-n-tear' stuff. After I gave them some peace of mind and spoke to the Service Manager, they are working out on replacement of this under warranty again, though I am doubtful of a positive response (still waiting!)

Honda is fast losing new customers and the existing customers are getting annoyed, which is not taking them anywhere. Unless they take care of the existing customers and their issues, they are not going to sustain for long, only on the hyped Diesel mill.
Old 22nd December 2014, 11:34   #2387
Senior - BHPian

I think most of these problems are for Diesel Amaze as Honda never factored in the extra 100 NM of Torque and it's effects on the pads.

I think best solution for Diesel Amaze owners with out of warranty cars would be to measure the size of brake-pad and fit after-market pads of Griling or some other reputed make of same size. I am pretty sure that the brake pad should be one of the standard size available in market.

About Airfilter thing it is pure Bovine Manure , Whatever Honda suggests take the car to a petrol pump and blow compressed air on the filter when you notice
sluggishness.
Old 23rd December 2014, 09:48   #2388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazeGuru View Post
They told me the usual 'wear-n-tear' stuff. After I gave them some peace of mind and spoke to the Service Manager, they are working out on replacement of this under warranty again, though I am doubtful of a positive response (still waiting!)
Quick Update: Honda replaced the worn-out brake pad 'under warranty'

While they did not recognize the design-related problem, they have agreed to replace it under warranty as it was run only around 11k kms. I had made it clear to them that I was not going to pay even a single rupee and persisted with my demand. The Magnum Honda service manager was kind enough to listen to my demands and finally negotiated with the Honda folks to get approval for replacement under warranty.

I hope this brake pad will last for at least 15k kms.
AmazeGuru is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2014, 11:07   #2389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazeGuru View Post
While they did not recognize the design-related problem,
They refused design issue even when a businessman in Delhi died due to fire in city on a flyover after a couple of years same model of city was recalled for power window switch replacement which caused fire hazard.
Yours is just a worn out brakepad , So don't expect mighty honda to accept any design issue.
Old 23rd December 2014, 11:13   #2390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
They refused design issue even when a businessman in Delhi died due to fire in city on a flyover after a couple of years same model of city was recalled for power window switch replacement which caused fire hazard.
Yours is just a worn out brakepad , So don't expect mighty honda to accept any design issue.
They did a recall some months back for a proportioning valve replacement in non ABS petrol amazes manufactured from feb 2013 to jan 2014.

This adjusts / distributes brake pressure to the wheels and a defect in it could possibly result in excessive wear and tear on brake pads?

http://www.thehindu.com/business/Ind...cle5978891.ece
Old 23rd December 2014, 12:24   #2391
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
I think most of these problems are for Diesel Amaze as Honda never factored in the extra 100 NM of Torque and it's effects on the pads.
In this connection I have this observation

I have a VX AT which has completed 12 K without any issues on the brake pads (or any other mechanicals). On last service I was told that they still have at least 50% life remaining.

Of the 12 K at least 9K plus would be the stop and go traffic of Bangalore and on an Automatic the brake application would be almost three time s more than that on a manual. This I suppose compensates in a way of the extra torque of the diesel.

Best Regards & Drive Safe

Ram
Old 29th December 2014, 09:59   #2392
Senior - BHPian

Sat in my uncle's Amaze D for a while and i regret that he dumped 8 lakhs for this contraption.

The 1.8D engine(derived from the 1980s) in the Ikon had better NVH and sound deadening.

The overall FE of 21.5 for the entire 16k km he has driven is the only consolation.
Old 10th January 2015, 21:54   #2393
BHPian

I own a 1 yr old amaze idtec vx mt,
Had bought it from another guy who drove it 7500 kms just over 2 months.

Problems I faced with amaze
1) changed the brake pads for no reason during my 10k service just coz the service guy felt its worn out, dint resist because documentation of this might void my warranty
2) good year tyres 75% worn out by 22000 kms - upsized to Michelin
3) facing noise while slow braking, especially on curves etc when I try to slow down by applying brakes
So far 4 check ups from 2 different service centres including complain on honda 121 and their follow up( to be frank , no use)
Identified as lack of greasing of CALLIPER BOLT of front wheels or suspension
Once I insisted on changing, costed me 500 including labour
But every time after greasing or changing it reappears in 2 weeks
No one exactly tells the cause or solution
But from every service centre I am told that no Amaze has such a noise issue

I am very unhappy, everyone who drives my car says about noise while braking
Appears only when the vehicle runs about 5-6kms

Any solution guys ???
Honda 121 is of no use :(

Mod Note: Abusive language – whether used directly or indirectly - is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. A decent communication protocol must be adhered to. Foul language and the use of abusive words / photographs in posts / avatars / signatures / topics are STRICTLY prohibited.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 11th January 2015 at 22:14.
Old 11th January 2015, 13:19   #2394
Senior - BHPian

Get the car inspected by an independent garage that people in your city recommend (check the forum for your city on tbhp). See what the independent garage says.

My personal problem with the amaze - persistent too - seems to be with beading around the door and Windows coming loose. Happened again less than four months after the last time I got this worked out :mad

Last edited by hserus : 11th January 2015 at 13:22.
Old 11th January 2015, 17:09   #2395
Distinguished - BHPian

Reports indicate the Next generation Honda Amaze will hit the Indian market in 2018.

The next generation Honda Amaze will grow in terms of size, making it one of the spacious compact sedan, built on the same platform GSP2 as of current Amaze, Brio and Mobilio.
Next generation Amaze will be a wider body structure but will be same in length and wheelbase.

Quote:
In terms of power-train Honda might introduce new 1 liter turbo petrol engine from its V-Tech family or continue with the same 1.2 liter petrol engine mated to 5 speed manual gearbox. The diesel offerings will be same 1.5 liter turbo diesel unit with 100 bhp and 25kmpl
http://www.autocolumn.com/2015/01/sc...debut-in-2018/
Old 13th January 2015, 12:21   #2396
Senior - BHPian

New top trim VX(O) trim for Amaze and Brio both. The Amaze top end diesel model is an eye watering 8.20 Lakhs Ex-Showroom!

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ed-392722.aspx
Old 14th January 2015, 09:56   #2397
BHPian

My 2013 idtec s has recently developed exhaust drone at around 1400 - 1600 rpm. This began last week while on way back to Bangalore from a long trip of 1000 kms. It is very consistent at that rpm range and feels like a loud low frequency hum (40-60 Hertz) This is consistent in all gears and also while in neutral and the vehicle revved up to that particular rpm range. Have not been to the service center with the problem yet. i am sure this exhaust drone was not present earlier.
Anyone faced the same issue? and what might be the cause?
Old 14th January 2015, 16:12   #2398
Distinguished - BHPian

Amaze in CNG variant to be launched soon.

Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-hondaamazecngspypice1415171335606.jpg

Quote:
Amaze with the CNG option will be offered on the petrol model only. And, unlike the last-gen City which was offered with a dealer fitted CNG option, the Amaze CNG will get a company-fitted CNG kit which will ensure all the standard warranties and services.
http://motorbash.com/honda-confirms-...maze-cng-soon/
Old 14th January 2015, 21:11   #2399
BHPian

Got my brake noise rectified. I am told that it happened because of earlier skimming of brake discs while changing brake pads last time
Now I had to change both discs
Lost 2870/- :(

Another issue with suspension
Getting noise and action of suspension is suspicious on rough roads
Checked the suspension, no oil leaks
I am asked to keep vehicle for some diagnostic work up and they need to send it to honda

They are suspecting some increased tolerance of H beam ! Costs 30k and only if honda agrees I will get it done under warranty - frustrati :

Anybody with similar issues or with any technical knowledge about what test they are about to perform to know from where noise is coming ?
Old 4th February 2015, 16:44   #2400
Senior - BHPian

Has anybody run into an issue with a vibrating noise coming from the (in my case, driver side) ORVM? Originally I thought the noise was from the slightly loose appearing wheels - the standard ones, not the alloy wheels, and used plastic ties to secure them properly. No use - the vibration persists if I go beyond 40 kmph or so.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks