Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2015, 18:45   #2461
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

First service of my Amaze Petrol (s) is done nearly 2 weeks back. Impressed with the service supervisor's attention and knowledge. Overall good experience ... especially in comparison to what I used to get from Hyundai

Today I got 3M undersbody Shultz 5 years treatment done from Delhi. It cost me 3970/- (all inclusive - 3490 + taxes). The treatment covers wheel wells too. It took approximately 1.5 hours to finish the job. The package includes twice a year check-up. I learned that there is 2 years underbody treatment available as well but the coat is different (thinner), it is not 5 years Shultz. Very satisfied with with the professional approach and friendly staff.

Here I come monsoon

Thanks
Old 24th June 2015, 05:27   #2462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshayhonda View Post
Wouldn't the 195 be too big?
Nope. Use a tyre size calculator and find that out for yourself. For example http://tyrestore.in/tyreupsizing.asp

Dont look at just bare numbers like 195 > 190
hserus is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2015, 18:59   #2463
BHPian

Has anyone tried installing a cup holder in front of the AC vent to keep the drink cool?
Something like this:
http://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00Q...d_i=5257474031
Old 13th July 2015, 07:56   #2464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwatiS View Post
Has anyone tried installing a cup holder in front of the AC vent to keep the drink cool?
Something like this:
http://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00Q...d_i=5257474031
The Amaze's AC isnt all THAT efficient and you'd block airflow.

Also for that particular product -

1. Price knocked down heavily

M.R.P.: 562.50
Price: 235.00 + 40.00 Delivery charge Cash on Delivery eligible. Details
You Save: 327.50 (58%)
Inclusive of all taxes

2. One and two star reviews calling it a waste

3. Not fulfilled by amazon - some random third party dealer
Old 13th July 2015, 08:13   #2465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
The Amaze's AC isnt all THAT efficient and you'd block airflow.

Also for that particular product -

1. Price knocked down heavily

M.R.P.: 562.50
Price: 235.00 + 40.00 Delivery charge Cash on Delivery eligible. Details
You Save: 327.50 (58%)
Inclusive of all taxes

2. One and two star reviews calling it a waste

3. Not fulfilled by amazon - some random third party dealer
Yeah the reviews are bad but I was looking for something similar to be installed. I just gave it as reference. But how do you fix it? Do you need to drill holes to screw it in?
But why do you feel the ac is not that efficient? I never use it to its full potential, most of the times not even half- it starts feeling cold.
Old 13th July 2015, 09:36   #2466
BHPian

I live in Mumbai , and I find the Ac pretty effective , I have never used it on full blast till date . The summers in Mumbai are quite hot . I shall complete 2 years next week with my i-dtec vxmt .
Old 13th July 2015, 18:16   #2467
Senior - BHPian

I used to have a similar cup holder but it had two prongs like on a car perfume bottle, and was a slim construction, without blocking air coming out. This one has thick sides I see. It's just something you use for a few days and then you get bored, and keep it aside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwatiS View Post

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 20th July 2015 at 13:51. Reason: Fixing quotes.
Old 20th July 2015, 13:47   #2468
BHPian

I finally got a chance to stretch my legs and drive this beauty on the spanking Yamuna expressway from Delhi to Agra and back. And having driven the Dzire too it was a very enlightening experience.

Co-incidentally the car's horn was not working. So was also the first time I drove without honking one bit!! Very airy cabin, clutch is neither stiff nor too light, smooth progressive acceleration with slick gear shifts. Suspension is not as plush as the Etios but is just adequate enough. Coming to the NVH levels, yes its not as great as the Dzire but is not too bad either. It didn't trouble me at all! But the best bit was the powerful i-dtec. With its linear acceleration and the brilliant 200nm of torque, it never ever ran out of breath. At times I felt I was driving the i-vtec! The low end was fantastic too, with zero turbo lag and driving through the crowded Agra by lanes in second gear was just so effortless.

Last but not the least, the mileage. With figures consistently averaging over 22-20 it was the icing on the cake. Matter of fact halfway to Delhi the gauge ran into reserve and I began looking for a bunk. The driver smiled and said,' fikar mat karo sahab, maine calculation kar li thi, Dilli to aaram se pahuch jayenge!! ' I guess it gave the exact mileage it's rated at.

Put a wide grin across the face. You cracked it Honda.

Last edited by Eddy : 20th July 2015 at 13:52. Reason: Extra smiley
coolmel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2015, 20:31   #2469
BHPian

The coolest bit I forgot to mention was the Eco light being on even when ripping the car at 100-120 kmph and the revs at just above 2000 rpm. Fantastic! Same for Delhi traffic, it consistently gave 20 kpl plus.

The weather wasn't exactly great but the AC was spot on. I always struggle to extract a good mileage from my Toyota, but this was a big eye opener.
Old 22nd July 2015, 11:10   #2470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmel View Post
With figures consistently averaging over 22-20 it was the icing on the cake. Matter of fact halfway to Delhi the gauge ran into reserve and I began looking for a bunk. The driver smiled and said,' fikar mat karo sahab, maine calculation kar li thi, Dilli to aaram se pahuch jayenge!! ' I guess it gave the exact mileage it's rated at.

Put a wide grin across the face. You cracked it Honda.
Coolmel, a friendly suggestion. It's not a good idea to run a diesel car with fuel showing reserve. This might damage your car. I would suggest never let the fuel tank go below 1/4th tank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmel View Post
I always struggle to extract a good mileage from my Toyota.
A strange thing I have seen in my Liva GD. If I let the fuel gauge to go to around 1/4th, the fuel efficiency drops to about 13-14 km/l. If I refuel when the fuel mark is between 1/4th and 1/2, I get a mileage of 17-18 km/l in Kolkata driving conditions. I don't know why this happens, but it's been happening to me. Can you try my method and report?
subratasenn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2015, 13:40   #2471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subratasenn View Post
Coolmel, a friendly suggestion. It's not a good idea to run a diesel car with fuel showing reserve. This might damage your car. I would suggest never let the fuel tank go below 1/4th tank.

A strange thing I have seen in my Liva GD. If I let the fuel gauge to go to around 1/4th, the fuel efficiency drops to about 13-14 km/l. If I refuel when the fuel mark is between 1/4th and 1/2, I get a mileage of 17-18 km/l in Kolkata driving conditions. I don't know why this happens, but it's been happening to me. Can you try my method and report?
Well the bunk light came up with two bars left, not sure when does it go in reserve in the Honda. But whatever it was the Honda just killed it when it came to the final mileage figure. Simply smashing!

I've tried almost all methods and still achieve a barebone 14-15 kpl max to max in the city. Highway bursts make it touch 20, but not above. Have tried everything. One thing I have learnt is this car is totally NOT meant to be ripped, because she does not like to be! She demands a very sedate driving method all around. So slowly my habit of flat footing is receding and am driving with a more relaxed approach now. Lets see if this improves things.
Old 22nd July 2015, 19:23   #2472
BHPian

My in city driving in my 2013 amaze idtec vx never goes below 18 kmpl and on highways never below 20 kmpl , normally between 20 to 24 kmpl . On the same roads my alto did 11 kmpl in city and 14 kmpl on highways max .
Old 24th July 2015, 14:52   #2473
BHPian

I noticed something strange in the past few days. Sometimes when I turn the ignition off in my amaze iDtech it takes a few seconds (1-2s) for the engine to respond to the ignition off and start shutting down. It does not happen always. Has anybody experienced this in their cars? Does anybody know why this happens?
Old 28th July 2015, 08:24   #2474

For your attention Honda Amaze owners: Looks like Honda is recalling some models of Brio, Amaze, CR-V and Accord to replace its some of its airbag components. Please check if your car is included in their campaign here:

https://www.hondacarindia.com/mediacenter/Customer_Information.aspx

Best,
KnJr

Note to Mods: please move/delete this post if found inappropriate or off-topic. Please continue being awesome.
Old 10th August 2015, 09:33   #2475

Hi Folks,
Something bad happened to my Amaze last weekend when I just came out from the Ulsoor Lake parking area.
A moron in a bullet rammed into the right side ORVM, and sped off leaving it broken .

The blinker seems to be working fine, but it is broken.

Please find the pics here:
Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-1.jpg

And this:
Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-2.jpg

I've insulated it for now with cello tape to prevent water from entering.
Thought I could post it here and see if I could get some help with a Jugaad, else, I'll have to get my wallet drilled.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks