Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2017, 16:35   #2641
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

If you buy an extended warranty right at the time of purchase you get some very good rates and can negotiate them down even further. I got a 4 year extension on my warranty for a very decent rate as I remember. (but please don't ssk me how much that was 3+ years back).
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2017, 18:55   #2642
BHPian

I had purchased 2+2 years extended warranty from Honda with roadside assistance , in 2013 .

Now both will expire this July . Let's see at my 4 yr service what offers they put forth to me .
Old 20th March 2017, 20:26   #2643
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anky View Post
I had purchased 2+2 years extended warranty from Honda with roadside assistance , in 2013 .

Now both will expire this July . Let's see at my 4 yr service what offers they put forth to me .
After 5..6 years it will be cheaper for you to use a FNG (or you might decide to sell it) so renew for at the most two more years
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2017, 21:29   #2644
BHPian

I just got my Amaze Petrol serviced at Courtesy Honda, New Delhi, it has run 20k Km. Paid Rs. 3600 approximately. This included engine oil, drain washer, tyre rotation, oil and air filter.

I think you must have opted for those injector cleaning and suspension greasing jobs which IMO is only to fleece a customer.

I will send you a picture of my invoice.
Old 23rd March 2017, 15:21   #2645
BHPian

Since last few days my lock set was acting weirdly, while starting keys were not moving freely also it was difficult to remove it after switching off the car so a quick call was made to my friendly SA and he confirmed it must be an issue of lock set going bad same was in stock.
After checking, lockset was indeed the culprit and same was replace FOC thanks to extended warranty which is going to expire in 1700 km. Saved me about rs10000.
Also during normal check-up it was found that there was no brake oil, so mechanic said your brake pad must have worn out and that is the only reason there is no oil. Quickly car was on lift and it turned out that yes pads were completely worn out, not a single kilometre life was left, got that replaced as well. As soon old pads were replaced oil level was back to normal. Don’t know how it works.
Other thing the mechanic told me was there is a circular from Honda about removing a small front bumper lip that is placed in front of the tyres (don’t know what it’s called) so same was removed, and reason was it blocks air from reaching the brakes so as a result brake disc and pad wears fast and same has been reported from many amaze diesel users.
Also noticed over the time regular spares have become very costly. Just a year back brake pad use to costs rs2300 and now rs2898 plus labour about rs450 which my SA reduced by about rs200.

Old vs new
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-img_20170322_144430.jpg  

AnkitAnimesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2017, 19:09   #2646
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnkitAnimesh View Post
Other thing the mechanic told me was there is a circular from Honda about removing a small front bumper lip that is placed in front of the tyres (don’t know what it’s called) so same was removed, and reason was it blocks air from reaching the brakes so as a result brake disc and pad wears fast and same has been reported from many amaze diesel users.
I'm curious to know more details on the 'allowing-air-to-flow-through-brake-pad' solution from Honda. Any thoughts from the experts?

I have been a victim of frequent brake pad replacement with my Diesel Amaze. I am already on 8th set of brake pads and the car just hit 60,000.
Old 23rd March 2017, 20:59   #2647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnkitAnimesh View Post
Since last few days my lock set was acting weirdly,
========
Old vs new

The small lip ahead of front & rear tyres are wind deflectors!
I don't think they block so much air flow that brake pads don't receive air cooling.
I have done multiple Pune-Bangalore runs & even on such long drives (890 km one way), I didn't experience any brake fades.
Old 23rd March 2017, 21:53   #2648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazeGuru View Post
I'm curious to know more details on the 'allowing-air-to-flow-through-brake-pad' solution from Honda. Any thoughts from the experts?

I have been a victim of frequent brake pad replacement with my Diesel Amaze. I am already on 8th set of brake pads and the car just hit 60,000.
8th set and just 60000 km seems too much, this translates to 7500 km/pad. After a drive of 15-20 km does your rims get very hot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by distiller View Post
I have done multiple Pune-Bangalore runs & even on such long drives (890 km one way), I didn't experience any brake fades.
Even I have never felt any brake fade after Patna-Gurgaon 1100 km drive, but pads wears out in just 15000-16000 km. Now since deflectors have been removed let's hope this time pads lasts long.
Old 25th March 2017, 18:43   #2649
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Members who own the i-Dtec Amaze, when did you guys change your clutch plate?
My regular mechanic has said that my car's clutch plate has worn out. My car has done about 51k kms & driven mostly in Mumbai's stop & go traffic. It doesn't really surprise me. Apart from premature wear in brake pads which is an issue in the Amaze perhaps due to the surge of torque which forces you to use the brakes more often in traffic, i was expecting the clutch plate to not last that long.
Comparatively, My 2013 Dzire diesel has been largely trouble free & i infact look forward to drive that car more than the Amaze!
Old 25th March 2017, 21:09   #2650
BHPian

[quote=PPS;4170100]Members who own the i-Dtec Amaze, when did you guys change your clutch plate?

I changed my clutch at 72000 km because it had become too hard and some long drive was coming.
Old 27th March 2017, 14:12   #2651

The diesel amaze's idling rpm was limited to 2000 rpm in the beginning.Even TeamBhp Review mentions the same. Not sure when this was changed but after my 20k service which i got it done recently, i see that the car can be revved beyond 2k rpm at idling.

Not something that worries me but wanted to check if anyone else observed the same
Old 2nd April 2017, 09:29   #2652

Hi experts,
I am new to this amazing thread. Yesterday I was offered a pre owned Amaze S diesel 2014 April that has done 72k kms. Owner has added mag wheels and rear view camera. Quickly went through this thread through out, till mid night. I must say, it is a treasure trove of information.

I need your suggestions as to what to ask and to look out for during the td, that I am doing today.

I appreciate any suggestions.
Old 13th April 2017, 10:57   #2653
BHPian

Hi,
Does Honda service insist on the engine scan thingy during each service? I checked my dad's amaze service bill and noticed that they chage 350 odd for this. His service bill runs to Rs 4000 plus for pertol Amaze; the service cost is pretty much in diesel category. There were other unwanted items as well. Cant recollect. Will post them once I reach hometown.
Old 13th April 2017, 18:12   #2654
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmz View Post
Hi,
Does Honda service insist on the engine scan thingy during each service? I checked my dad's amaze service bill and noticed that they chage 350 odd for this. His service bill runs to Rs 4000 plus for pertol Amaze; the service cost is pretty much in diesel category. There were other unwanted items as well. Cant recollect. Will post them once I reach hometown.
Car dealers routinely add on small things like this to inflate bills. And also try to sell body wash / interior shampoo etc. Review the bill and strike off unnecessary items before approving it.
Old 4th May 2017, 00:45   #2655
BHPian

Beep from Honda Amaze - Own a Top End Diesel Amaze. The vehicle has done around 36K on ODO in around 40 Months. Maintained in real top shape.

Past couple of days I have been experiencing a continuous 'beep' during drives. The beep is irrespective of AC running or not, vehicle running pace up, or crawling in traffic, clutch depressed or not. The beep is constant and it's not very loud - just enough to keep nagging the ears. It can only be heard when you are inside the cabin. There are no warning lamps glowing.

I somehow get the feeling that it's coming from the glove box corner. I tried to make some sense of the beep by closely inspecting the engine while it was running - absolutely Nothing. The engine bay is neat - no signs of leakages or anything.

The vehicle is doing fine except for this beep. The beep has also got a pattern. As the vehicle starts from stationary position and picks up regular speed - the beep also follow it up - the typical beep pattern is, Beep Beep Beep, Beeeeeeeeeep, Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Did anyone have similar experience? Suggestions/observations/remedies folks - Will be thankful.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks