Team-BHP - Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/134501-review-1st-gen-honda-amaze-2013-a-184.html)

First get your battery checked to rule that out.
Once that's established there's always an ECU scan for errors at a Honda dealership.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hserus (Post 4435487)
First get your battery checked to rule that out.
Once that's established there's always an ECU scan for errors at a Honda dealership.

Battery is a year old. And I use my car very frequently.
Yeah I will get it scan at a dealer, hope that will shed some light.
Thanks for your suggestion.

Have faced the engine light issue couple of times while driving on the broken / potholes roads of Mumbai. It goes away after some time. Garage guy said not to worry about it. Something gets shaken up in the system; light goes on and later goes off.

My 1st Gen Honda Amaze petrol needs new brake pads and mechanic suggested rotor skimming too. Anyone has done , can you give any suggestions,
1) Is it better to get it done at Honda service center or out side mechanic in Bangalore?
My Hondy amaze is 5 yr old and warranty may be over so no harm in getting it done out side

Given that this is related to braking system, I would not suggest getting skimming and pads outside. It's not worth taking risk with brakes.

The brake pads in my Amaze (2013) has been coming up for replacement every 10k kms and I always get this replaced at service center, even though better brake pads are available with Bosch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmazeGuru (Post 4555471)
Given that this is related to braking system, I would not suggest getting skimming and pads outside. It's not worth taking risk with brakes.

The brake pads in my Amaze (2013) has been coming up for replacement every 10k kms and I always get this replaced at service center, even though better brake pads are available with Bosch.

Every 10k is grossly excessive for brake pad replacement. Are you sure they wear out that fast? If so do you brake hard all the time?

I am also experiencing the exact same problem :Frustrati. I am replacing the brake pads in every 10K. Now i am using TVS branded brake pads which cost 1,200 rupees which lasts longer and having the same bite while braking.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vmax1200 (Post 4562870)
I am also experiencing the exact same problem :Frustrati. I am replacing the brake pads in every 10K. Now i am using TVS branded brake pads which cost 1,200 rupees which lasts longer and having the same bite while braking.

What I know so far is, If one needs to change brake pads frequently, It is not good sign. Kindly talk to some expert mechanic.

brake pads may run up to 30-40k at least.

Hi guys, I am new to this forum. I own a 2015 VX AT, It has run 40xxx kms. I wanted to know which brand of tyres to go for. It's running on the stock Goodyear tyres as of now.
Thank you

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sreesh1009 (Post 4598219)
Hi guys, I am new to this forum. I own a 2015 VX AT, It has run 40xxx kms. I wanted to know which brand of tyres to go for. It's running on the stock Goodyear tyres as of now.
Thank you

My recommendation is to go for Michelin XM2 and upgrade it to 185/65 R14. Mine is on 2nd set of Michelins (after 35k with Goodyear). My first set of Michelins lasted more than 50k and never had any issue with them (not even a single puncture). I had Michelins for my previous car as well (Vista) and never had any issues.

Michelins are on softer side and I have read from few Bridgestone users that they last longer than Michelins.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thp2017 (Post 4555409)
My 1st Gen Honda Amaze petrol needs new brake pads and mechanic suggested rotor skimming too. Anyone has done , can you give any suggestions,
1) Is it better to get it done at Honda service center or out side mechanic in Bangalore?
My Hondy amaze is 5 yr old and warranty may be over so no harm in getting it done out side

I have got TVS Apache pads on my Amaze. The bite is pretty good.

Any AT owners here? I wanted to know when I should change my AT fluid.
Also after how many kms should I change my engine oil (I'm using Addinol Synthetic oil).
Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sreesh1009 (Post 4603910)
Any AT owners here? I wanted to know when I should change my AT fluid.
Also after how many kms should I change my engine oil (I'm using Addinol Synthetic oil).
Thanks

What grade of addinol and what spec?

AT oil depends on the schedule in your car owners manual. Every 40-50k km might be an idea even if lifetime is specified.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hserus (Post 4603920)
What grade of addinol and what spec?

AT oil depends on the schedule in your car owners manual. Every 40-50k km might be an idea even if lifetime is specified.

I think the grade was 10w40. I'll have to check. The AT fluid hasn't been changed since the day the car was bought and the car has run 40k km hence I was worried.
Thanks once again for your help

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sreesh1009 (Post 4603924)
I think the grade was 10w40. I'll have to check. The AT fluid hasn't been changed since the day the car was bought and the car has run 40k km hence I was worried.
Thanks once again for your help

Sreesh,

I own May 2013 Model AT with me - Torque Convertor type. Just crossed 40K. I have'nt changed the fluid till date. I follow the maintenance schedule as per the Owners Mannual. See the following;

Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-maint-schedule.jpg

Severe = Constantly operationg under extremely hot temperature above 35°C.

Best Regards & Drive Safe

Ram