Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2013, 15:13   #406
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbshankar View Post
Well priced!, I think High end (Vx) diesel should be around 9L OTR and high end petrol under 8L OTR?
The on-road price in Bangalore will be over 9.3 lacs The prices are ex-showroom Delhi, means the Bangalore prices will be another 15-25K more. That puts the prices at about 10-20 K more than DZire ZDi. The prices of DZire ZDi on-road is 9.29 as per Bimal auto's website. So this means the Amaze will be just over 9.4 lacs on-road in Bangalore.

I do not think the VX is "Well priced", maybe the other models are. For somebody who compares ZDi to VX i-Dtec, the scale may tilt towards ZDi. But in the case of VDi to S i-Dtec, the scale tips towards S i-Dtec. So Honda will take away Customers from Maruti, but not the ones that are looking at the top-end models.

Well to say the least, I am NOT excited (read Amaze-d). So I have started thinking of cancelling my booking already I do not want to go in for a car without Airbags even (i.e. the S variant) and the VX is surely overpriced from my point of view. So the Car scouting is back to square one.

Last edited by shabash : 11th April 2013 at 15:18.
shabash is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th April 2013, 15:15   #407
BHPian

Re: Honda Amaze launched at 4.99 Lakhs

Killer pricing this by Honda . And most safety features being standard in the Diesel variant, this is going to be a stiff competition to Dzire. The Honda badge will definitely be the icing on the cake for people looking to aquire an entry level sedan. I am myself looking for a diesel sedan and was waiting for the price announcement. Now this will get added to the list of cars in consideration .
Old 11th April 2013, 15:20   #408
Senior - BHPian

Nice pricing.

OTR would be somewhere around 7 lacs for the base diesel in Bangalore, not bad considering base model has ABS and power windows as standard.
Old 11th April 2013, 15:21   #409
Senior - BHPian

My first reaction was-How super ugly this car (read mutant) looks.

Honda is certainly aware of our Obsession for car with a boot and hence Honda churns out a monstrosity called Amaze.

Waseem.

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 11th April 2013 at 15:25.
SILVERWOOD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2013, 15:33   #410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabash View Post
I do not think the VX is "Well priced", maybe the other models are.

Well to say the least, I am NOT excited (read Amaze-d). So I have started thinking of cancelling my booking already I do not want to go in for a car without Airbags even (i.e. the S variant) and the VX is surely overpriced from my point of view. So the Car scouting is back to square one.
+1 to that. Im in your position. I was expecting a S(O) with Airbags optional like in the Brio and now im forced to stretch the budget and look at VX D . But must appreciate Honda for offering ABS standard in all variants of diesel and the Base E version also is decently equipped.

I think Amaze will have HUGE waiting periods because of production constraints at Honda.
Old 11th April 2013, 15:36   #411
BHPian

Brilliant positioning of the EX variant and as I reported earlier ABS is not standard across all variants in petrol. To my mind Honda made a double-pronged attack separately for petrol and diesel variants. While in petrol they placed the EX variant only about say Rs. 30000 more than E basically exposing the exploitation by MSIL between LXi and Vxi trims. This gap was first exposed by GM though in the Sail base version but they still copied the MSIL philosophy of unrealistic price difference between base and its immediate superior version. To my mind preponing the Sail sedan launch even when the production was uncertain is bound to kill a good product in Sail. Diesel E options are wonderful with ABS+EBD and the new diesel engine to ask for 1 lakh more than base petrol. I expect all the other competitors to load more on their lowest two trims without actually cutting the price. I think waiting till June/July will be the best time for the purchase as models with upgraded features are expected by then and the initial ownership reports of both Sail and Amaze will start trickling in.
Old 11th April 2013, 15:40   #412
BHPian

If you compare swift VDI without ABS is costing as much as Amaze E model with ABS. I don't see a reason why anyone would want to go for swift hatch if Amaze is offering better space, power, torque and features.

It is going to be a tough time for all competitors espl Maruti, Tata, chevrolet and toyota. IF amaze follows it up with brio diesel soon, Maruti is going to panic. Maruti may soon start offering discounts on swift and dzire with ready delivery just like in case of alto. Great times if you are a car buyer!
Old 11th April 2013, 15:40   #413
BANNED

A word of caution. I will stick with my Golden Rule, wait for about three to six months for the wrinkles to be ironed out. This is the first Honda Diesel 1.5 anywhere in the world!
sgiitk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th April 2013, 15:50   #414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabash View Post

The on-road price in Bangalore will be over 9.3 lacs The prices are ex-showroom Delhi, means the Bangalore prices will be another 15-25K more. That puts the prices at about 10-20 K more than DZire ZDi. The prices of DZire ZDi on-road is 9.29 as per Bimal auto's website. So this means the Amaze will be just over 9.4 lacs on-road in Bangalore.

I do not think the VX is "Well priced", maybe the other models are. For somebody who compares ZDi to VX i-Dtec, the scale may tilt towards ZDi. But in the case of VDi to S i-Dtec, the scale tips towards S i-Dtec. So Honda will take away Customers from Maruti, but not the ones that are looking at the top-end models.

Dakshin Honda expects a 10.3L onroad pricing in Bangalore for the top end diesel Amaze ! While the S variant looks like a much better buy , I would rather look at a swift Dezire ZDi at 9.3L as a much better option.

MUL should stop making the SX4 and instead sell the ZDi Dezire in a 90bhp avatar also
speedsatya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th April 2013, 16:16   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post

Dakshin Honda expects a 10.3L onroad pricing in Bangalore for the top end diesel Amaze ! While the S variant looks like a much better buy , I would rather look at a swift Dezire ZDi at 9.3L as a much better option.

MUL should stop making the SX4 and instead sell the ZDi Dezire in a 90bhp avatar also
10.3L way too over priced. An entry level rapid, vento or the verna would be a good choice rather than an unattractive 4m cubicle that'll lug itself around slowly. Totally frustrated with the pricing what is it with auto manufacturers these days, there is a slump in people buying cars and Honda pulls out an expensive rabbit out of its hat! Time to see how the market reacts, on the positive side not many cabbies would buy this. SUB 4M car worth 10L! feel cheated they created all the hype and screwed up the pricing.
Old 11th April 2013, 16:20   #416
Senior - BHPian

With the general dullness in the automotive market, limited production capacity at Honda, not enough A.S.S. to service these new cars, I have my doubts about how much of a success this would be, inspite of the price that has been smartly pegged alongside the Suzuki rival. It would surely sell, no doubting that, but will it really be a segment churner is what remains to be seen. Especially with the relatively bleaker interiors which seems to be a big deal in the Indian market, and the ugly looks a la its competiotion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD
My first reaction was-How super ugly this car (read mutant) looks.
Same reaction here. Another car to join the ugly-duckling-with-a-stuck-on-rear club along with the existing Dzire, IndigoCS etc.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 11th April 2013 at 16:22.
Old 11th April 2013, 16:21   #417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
I do not think OTR prices will be 10.3L for the VX i-Dtec. It will be more in the range of 9.5L, depending on the variations in prices between Ex-showroom Delhi and Ex-Showroom Bangalore (which I think will be again about 15 K - as the DZire ZDI ex-showroom price variation between Delhi and Bangalore as about 13K). This coupled with the extra warranty of 15K (which is 5K more than DZire), will take the price to about 9.5-ish. So from what I feel this is what it will look like.

Ex showroom price - 7.75L
Road Tax - 1.2L (@ 15.5%)
Insurance - 0.25L
Extended warranty - 0.15L
Other incidentals + Basic Accessories - 0.15L
-----------------------------------------------
Total OTR cost in Bangalore - 9.5L
-----------------------------------------------

Disclaimer - I have used Bimal Maruti site to arrive at the cost headings.
shabash is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2013, 16:29   #418
BHPian

Great pricing by Honda. I just hope that this is not some sort of introductory pricing and will not be increased very soon as there gonna be huge waiting periods and suppose Honda increases its prices say after 3 or 4 months, it might pinch those who are in waiting list from beginning.
Old 11th April 2013, 16:32   #419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
I think Amaze will have HUGE waiting periods because of production constraints at Honda.
From what I heard from Whitefield Honda, Bangalore, its one month waiting period for petrol and two months for Diesel.

Yes, if OTR for Amaze Vx D is more than 9.3L in Bangalore, then I would definitely re-think
At the risk of being early customer to Honda's first ever 1.5L Diesel, under current market conditions, Honda should be fair enough with Amaze pricing.

So, why I m fine to pay Amaze 10-20K more than Dzires?
1. Amaze produces 100bhp while Dzire is 74bhp
2. Amaze power is linear and easy to drive in city conditions too
3. Though Amaze produces considerably higher power, engine is efficient over Dzire.
4. Honda Brand is more premium over MUL
5. More boot space in Amaze over Dzire, and I think bit more spacious interiors.
More over, Just don't like the way Dzire looks in its side profile.
ssbshankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2013, 16:33   #420
BHPian

No doubt pricing is very competitive for a Honda, but IMO Dzire will not be impacted at all.

We have seen this in past, any new product in Maruti's territory has impacted others more than Maruti.
In fact Maruti has bettered themselves with competition.

Last edited by S.MJet : 11th April 2013 at 16:42.
S.MJet is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks