Team-BHP - Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/134501-review-1st-gen-honda-amaze-2013-a-3.html)

One of the best reviews! Only Fortuner review was the one which excited me more.

1. Biggest thing against Amaze: Amaze is not built on a car which is tested by Euro NCAP. Swift Dzire is based on Swift, and it shows. The car feels pretty solid and not typically tin can like the earlier cars from Maruti. Brio is predominantly not sold in Europe. And I did not like its build either. Brio feels rather like a shortcut as far as the ride goes. This is an area where the recent Maruti's have made a strong positive mark. ( Not being into Amaze, but going by Swift VS Brio, I believe Dzire to be better than Amaze ).

2. The three jets out of the windscreen washer are another shortcut. Out of the three jets, the central one ends on the top center of the windscreen. The biker behind the car will have a few drops thrown on him. IIRC, there were cars earlier which had this set up and believe me, they dont work in our dirt and murk filled roads in monsoon. Though a very small point, it shows the shortcuts. However, Honda is smarter than Toyota on where they knife has been used cutting corners.

3. @GTO : A straight question : Which one rides and handles better : Dzire or Amaze ? And at 100 kmph, which one will overtake effortlessly that fast moving Innova on the highway : Dzire or Amaze ?

4. The fixed head restraints were something I did not expect from Honda. Front seats are from two class lower. A humble Wagon R's seat is more comfy. This is another place where Swift Dzire wins. Seat comfort ( based on Swift vs Brio ) is likely to be better in Dzire.

5. Lastly, I expected the Honda Amaze diesel to be the most refined car in its segment. We have Innova and it practically feels like a bus/truck on the inside. The car might be excellent otherwise, but I cannot tolerate the high engine noise for long, not in these chaotic times specially after a long day.

Great review GTO!

Next task: a detailed Amaze vs Dzire, Amaze vs Sunny/Scala and Amaze vs Etios reviews!

Well , Just booked the VW Vento today , was kind of skeptical at first, wanted to see a review of Amaze and then decide, I think they are segment apart .stupid:

PS : the headrest will be a problem (read:very uncomfortable) for Sardars who wear turbans

Now this will be something surely to wait for. I have a feeling, Honda will break all records for waiting time :P
I think the dash looks fine. Customers in this segment should be happy with the plain-Jane look of dash ( Or else we would never see SO many Vento's on the signals).
I really want to see how will the service costs be for the first diesel- Honda.
Either ways, Smashing review GTO :D
And I somehow feel, even the cousins Sunny-Scala are a competiton to this Honda.

Brilliant Bhp-Style review. Trying to find the 7-star rating option:p

We are thinking of buying a compact SUV, if the EcoSport manages to get striked off the list, the AMAZE will be the default failsafe choice for us, considering the brilliant A.S.S. experience at Honda

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaggoswami (Post 3082371)
Out of the three jets, the central one ends on the top center of the windscreen. The biker behind the car will have a few drops thrown on him.

You are supposed to use the Wash/Wipe function when the car is standing still, if possible before taking the car out of parking.
Most(Read: Nearly All) cars sprinkle the by standers and when in motion, even the neighbouring cars. Trust me , I learnt the hard way, sprinkling a car beside me on the NH1!

Much eagerly awaited review and not an iota of disappointment after reading through it. Superb review GTO. BTW did the folks from Honda confirm if ABS is standard across all the variants? or is it only the top variant which gets it.

Great review, indeed!! And great package as well - hope this sets the tone for improved products and better competition in our market! Though from the initial readout, it doesnt seem like a genuine honda? Dzire is a better bet?

Excellent Review. Specailly, the Diesel engine part was really informative.

I hope Honda manages the production schedule well to meet the initial demand. I guess, initial demand will be high, due to good "test condition mileage".

But Honda will have strive hard to match Maruti's (Dezire's) reach and service satisfaction.

Nice review GTO. Most of the cars you reviewed(Vento,Figo,New Swift etc) went on to become Blockbusters in market and Amaze looks no different :D .The car seem to please everyone.
Some more Basic feature missing i felt are:
1.Bluetooth enabled audio system.
2.Remote boot release.
3.I didnt see Door open warning,is it available?

Did you by any chance get to know of variants in Diesel Amaze?

Power to weight ratio is higher to Vento, how is Amaze's in-gear acceleration in comparison to Vento?

Terrific Review of the most awaited launch of 2013.

Honda definitely seems to have pulled off a winner and that too in a very convincing manner covering most of the Indian desires.

Excellent review. I am sure this will be a hit if priced right. A Honda diesel with incredible mileage and amazing space management will be a super hit among Indians. The good performance will be the icing on the cake. Honda seems to have done an Amazing job.

The only issue I see with the car is the interior design. Honda should have differentiated from Brio for a customer paying a premium for a Sedan in the next segment.

I think Honda will not take a chance with pricing as they cannot get it wrong this time. The segment looks very good with the launch of Amaze. I am eagerly waiting for the launch.

Thanks for sharing an excellent review GTO.

The Amaze Diesel looks quite a package. Badge, Space, Ease of driving, Power and Efficiency. The short bonnet, very usable width of the Brio platform and clever packaging is clearly helping the interior and boot space.

They are many products across segments including the City which can be hit by a competently priced Amaze. But Honda' production constraint is a big bummer! Expecting a super long waiting period.

The poor NVH is a concern though. As you mentioned, the Diesel i20 has left me stunned many a times. At idle, its so bloody quiet from the outside.

The Amaze looks so good from the rear 3/4 and the side. The DZire is no match. Wondering how that double crease on the rear door looks in person. The front with that body coloured air dam looks like a poor aftermarket mod. And no padding on that exposed boot lid is plain pathetic bean counting. Looks so cheap!

Eagerly waiting for a drive of that Earth Dreams Diesel.

Excellent review GTO!!! Was waiting for the review since morning. Although a little late but very detailed review amongst others. Looks like AMAZE is going to be my next car. Great power output without sacrificing fuel economy. Outstanding is the word for the truely AMAZE-ing car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaggoswami (Post 3082371)
One of the best reviews! Only Fortuner review was the one which excited me more.

1. Biggest thing against Amaze: Amaze is not built on a car which is tested by Euro NCAP. Swift Dzire is based on Swift, and it shows. The car feels pretty solid and not typically tin can like the earlier cars from Maruti. Brio is predominantly not sold in Europe. And I did not like its build either. Brio feels rather like a shortcut as far as the ride goes. This is an area where the recent Maruti's have made a strong positive mark. ( Not being into Amaze, but going by Swift VS Brio, I believe Dzire to be better than Amaze ).

I am not sure whether the Brio/Amaze has been tested by Euro/Latin NCAP, however it would be safe to assume it hasn't as none have appeared on any of the crash test videos .However it has been crash tested at Honda's testing facility.

But somehow i feel that is not the reason for the flimsy build quality. It is something that the car manufacturers have to practice in order to keep the cost down. Lets not forget that thin sheet metal doesn't always mean less safety, It's all about crumple zones.
Classic example Ambassador vs any modern hatchback.

Here is a crash test pic of the Honda Brio from one of the presentations (At the brio launch??) :-

Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-brio-crash.jpg

Thanks GTO for the excellent review. Your attention to detail is awesome [ who can notice the missing 3rd bolt in engine bay :) ]. I can confidently say that Team-bhp reviews are the best guide for any car buyer. I feel that Amaze can provide good competition to Dzire.
Do you have any information on the other variants that Honda is offering in Amaze? Also what is the highest speed that Amaze can reach? Any idea on 0-100 km timings?
Thanks, Prakash