Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2013, 09:01   #1021

Surprise!: Today a buyer came for my Swift VDI, he drove the swift from our parking for a test ride and I had to bring back in.I found the Steering hard , the clutch very tight
and felt like driving a car with hand brakes engaged.In fact I double checked for the hand brake and any stone under the wheel.There was no problem with my Swift, only Amaze was so light in the clutch and steering.

This difference in my Swift (which I was driving for more than 5 years) I found after driving Amaze for 3 days.Also checkout the operations of Indicator stalks,Power windows closing and opening and the power windows switch it is of a different class.If you take into consideration that the new Swift VDI cost 7.3lacs on road in Chennai and I paid only 7.54lacs with ABS for Amaze. Thanks Honda!

Also enjoying the attract attention on the road and compliments for the Majestic Blue!

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote,
click here (How to MULTI-QUOTE (when replying to a thread) on Team-BHP).

We advise you to read the
Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by moralfibre : 23rd May 2013 at 09:19.
satishkc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2013, 10:23   #1022

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
What are the approximate wait times for this car now with Honda?
In Bangalore the waiting period is close to 3 months.
You can read about my booking details here
Old 23rd May 2013, 12:14   #1023
Senior - BHPian

My iPhone 4S wouldnt play any songs on the Honda music system. Has anyone else faced similar issues?
Old 23rd May 2013, 17:21   #1024
BHPian

I took the test drive of Amaze Diesel and it felt quite stable at high speeds than Swift and the noise level which is the most frequent complaint is not a big concern in bumper to bumper traffic i feel. The noise is audible only when the rpm crosses 2k but that disappears when crossed 3k. That too it is only in the 2nd and 3rd gears. I think Honda has priced Amaze rightly.
Old 23rd May 2013, 19:36   #1025
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In Bangalore the waiting period is close to 3 months
Thanks Raoul. Good color choice, easy to maintain. Which model did you opt for, E?
Old 24th May 2013, 09:40   #1026

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Thanks Raoul. Good color choice, easy to maintain. Which model did you opt for, E?
Thanks surya. I opted for the SMT.
RaoulG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2013, 22:18   #1027

Thanks all for the suggestions/comments/advice - Have booked the Amaze Petrol VX MT-urban titanium is the colour for me ..However,the expected delivery date , as expected, is end of July..long wait.
mitra615 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2013, 13:36   #1028
Senior - BHPian

Came back after a test drive of Amaze and i am certainly amazed

Everything feels OK about this car except for that huge jerk when engine is turned on and off.. Its worst than the Generators that we keep outside the shops

But Space, power and handling felt good for my needs. I feel S MT will suit my needs better as i felt at least ABS was mandatory and Honda did provide that.

Few question marks:
1. Mileage - Sales guy says 18-19 in Bangalore city and 21+ on highways. I am yet to see any ownership reviews and there was one review in test drives section which went missing within a day .. Feels fishy !! Badly waiting to hear from owners

2. Honda service - Can they take the heavy load of servicing ?
3. Maintenance costs - I wanted to install Fog lamps on S MT, and was told it costs 13K which i feel bit steep and giving some hints of this car being expensive to maintain !!

I have also posted my query in "What car" section so feel free to drop your suggestions there:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans...ti-ertiga.html
Old 26th May 2013, 15:05   #1029

Someone in the previous posts had mentioned about getting different tyres for the Amaze instead of the standard MRF ZVTS. When i spoke to my dealer he said it is not possible to change at the dealer level as the company puts on record whatever has been dispatched with the vehicle and changes if any can be done after taking delivery of the vehicle.But once i drive the vehicle who will buy the used tyres and give me a new replacement. Is there anyway i can get Michelin Tyres istead of MRF by paying the difference if any.
My CArnelian RED SMT 1.5 IDTec will reach pune by 28thmay and i may get a delivery by 4th June after RTO registration.Hopefully mine will be the first RED on TEAM Bhp. Will put the pictures as soon as i get my car.
Can anyone please guide me if i can get Stanley seat covers in Pune for amaze and what will be its prize and is it possible to fit a COIDO CAR ARMREST CONSOLE .
Old 26th May 2013, 16:11   #1030
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MujahidM View Post
But once i drive the vehicle who will buy the used tyres and give me a new replacement. Is there anyway i can get Michelin Tyres istead of MRF by paying the difference if any.
Almost all leading tyre shops would give you new tyres of your choice under exchange at a decent price. Just make sure you get them exchanged under 100 kms .
Old 26th May 2013, 16:47   #1031
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Someone in the previous posts had mentioned about getting different tyres for the Amaze instead of the standard MRF ZVTS. When i spoke to my dealer he said it is not possible to change at the dealer level as the company puts on record whatever has been dispatched with the vehicle and changes if any can be done after taking delivery of the vehicle.But once i drive the vehicle who will buy the used tyres and give me a new replacement. Is there anyway i can get Michelin Tyres istead of MRF by paying the difference if any.
I remember seeing Goodyear on the TD car that i drove today morning. If i am not wrong Honda is providing either MRF or the good year. Not many companies are giving Michelins as OEM tyre.

Do check with Honda dealership if you are allowed to change stock tyres. I have heard Honda is fussy about even small things such as tyre.

If you are free to change, You can approach any reputed Tyre shop. Michelin or Yokohoma will be perfect i feel. And if you sell them your Tyre before 100kms you can manage close to 3K for your OEM tyre(Difference of 5-6K for all 5 wheels when you switch)
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2013, 16:59   #1032
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on your booking. I was also told by my dealer that they don't have any say in the tyres that I would get. I actually wanted at least Goodyear, since apparently Honda isn't despatching Amaze with Michelins, like they used to for Jazz. the salesman told me that my only option was to wait out for the next petrol Amaze in majestic blue to have Goodyear tyres, but then, I did not want to wait. I researched for the most suitable tyres, in the tyres and alloys section of T-BHP and honed in on the Michelin energy XM2 185/65R14 and am very happy with them. I had negotiated with a Michelin dealer here beforehand and drove my car to his shop straight from the dealership. And yes, he also had said the tyres should not have run more than 100kms for exchanging. But please ask around. While other tyre dealers quoted me around Rs7000 net, one authorised dealer ultimately did it for Rs 6000 for the 4 tyres I got changed!

Go for it- it would be money well spent. After all, tyres are like a runner's shoes-the most important accessory for comfort, grip and safety.
Top-Gear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2013, 17:19   #1033
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Came back after a test drive of Amaze and i am certainly amazed

Everything feels OK about this car except for that huge jerk when engine is turned on and off.. Its worst than the Generators that we keep outside the shops

But Space, power and handling felt good for my needs. I feel S MT will suit my needs better as i felt at least ABS was mandatory and Honda did provide that.

Few question marks:
1. Mileage - Sales guy says 18-19 in Bangalore city and 21+ on highways. I am yet to see any ownership reviews and there was one review in test drives section which went missing within a day .. Feels fishy !! Badly waiting to hear from owners

[/url]
We have a diesel VX with 350 kms on it. I have been getting 19kpl in city with AC. Never exceeded 2000rpm in any gear.

Tires are Goodyear.
speedsatya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2013, 18:35   #1034
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone got Fog lamps installed in their SMT or lower models?
Any idea how much they cost?
Old 26th May 2013, 19:31   #1035
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Has anyone got Fog lamps installed in their SMT or lower models?
Any idea how much they cost?
I checked with Sales executive since i am also looking at S MT. His answer was 13K

I was expecting things to be around 4-5K but they do look steep. May be due to initial rush. I am really hoping Honda will price the spares reasonable prices.

Do anyone have price list of Honda spares ? I think we can get reasonable information from even Brio or Honda city spares !!

Last edited by rajshenoy : 26th May 2013 at 19:35.

Most Viewed