Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2013, 13:56   #91
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
I think its by Borg Warner.
Hows the refinement as compared to the D-4d's?

It is a Honeywell turbocharger and as rightly mentioned City will have a 1.6L diesel engine with VNT turbocharger.

Last edited by deehunk : 2nd April 2013 at 13:57. Reason: typo
Old 2nd April 2013, 14:19   #92
Senior - BHPian

Honda site says AMAZE coming in 8 days from today.

Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-amaze.jpg
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2013, 14:22   #93
BHPian

We undoubtedly have a winner here. An as usual superb review of a promising sure shot seller , i feel its going to be a major game changer & come back of Honda in India. The car looks reasonably good (with likes of Nissan sunny;s & dzire's selling in volumes).

The plus for Amaze i feel are:

1. Its a Honda, undoubtedly reliable.
2. It has excise benefits.
3. The diesel engine is peppy & fuel efficient.
4. Hondas in india attract good resale values.
5. Things like small tyres/dull interiors can be modified or dealt with.
6. Service interval of 10,000 kms. is nice.
Old 2nd April 2013, 14:23   #94
BHPian

Instantly after catching wind that reputed Indian magazines have tested the AMAZE in Goa, I tried to understand how it fares. came across "different" opinions for the same thing.
Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-od-comment-amaze-diesel-engine.jpg
Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-autocar-comment-amaze-diesel-engine.jpg
Team BHP reviewers can explain in detail whom we should believe
turbospooler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2013, 14:33   #95
BHPian

One can bank on GTO to come up with such brilliant reviews!

The Amaze looks like a great package and a ready winner for Honda. But I am quite concerned about the safety of this vehicle. The air-bags not withstanding, the review talks about wafer thin sheet metal used at front and rear (also perhaps at the side?). I am not sure how this car would withstand an impact. If not for passenger safety, I am afraid, we will see a lot of Amazes being driven with dents all over them!

Can somebody please shed some light on the 'safety' and 'build' elements here?
Old 2nd April 2013, 14:43   #96
BHPian

Brilliant review. What is that MID FE figure? 8.7 km/l?
I believe that the car has immense potential in urban centers such as the four major metros etc. In the rest of the country, however, the Dzire would be able to pip the Amaze easily. To counter that Honda has two ways - Either it increases its dealer network and make spares more readily available or it prices the car so competitively that even Maruti goes red with shame.
Though the company must focus on small things that the buyer may look at. The metal quality et all need to be corrected ASAP.
So all in all, the car has a great potential but it may find some difficulty in fulfilling it.
Quite frankly, I am really fond of the sub - 4 - meter rule. Though it does makes our cars worse in terms of looks but look at the bright side. It acts as a fantastic lesson for the manufacturers in making space efficient designs which they may later incorporate in their other vehicles! Just look at the amazing body design of the Ertiga for instance. We can attribute this to the learnings that it received by making cars like the Swift, Ritz and the Dzire.
Batfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2013, 14:50   #97
BHPian

How much of the saving from making it sub 4 m will Honda pass on to the buyers. Honda has to tread carefully here.

See below the OTR price (Bangalore) for top end variants of Dzire and Etios. Priced much higher than Dzire and it is in the much bigger Etios territory.

Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-sedan.jpg
Old 2nd April 2013, 15:02   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospooler View Post
Instantly after catching wind that reputed Indian magazines have tested the AMAZE in Goa, I tried to understand how it fares. came across "different" opinions for the same thing.
Attachment 1068341
Attachment 1068342
Team BHP reviewers can explain in detail whom we should believe
Please go through the review completely.

GTO has clearly written about the poor NVH in Amaze.
vasanthn21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2013, 15:12   #99
BHPian

Excellent review GTO!

Pros:
- Mileage figure
- Performance
- Looks
- Space utilization

Cons:
- Inside of the boot lid is naked
- Honda's brand premium (I guess everyone's fingers are crossed on the pricing)
- Poor NVH
- Honda's service costs
- Skinny tires
- Long term reliability of the Diesel Engine
- Door auto lock function

I think the decider is going to be the pricing.

I am planning to buy a new car around Diwali this year, have to choose between the (Figo/Liva/Dzire/Amaze). Only petrol and the car would be mostly chauffeur driven.

"Amaze" is indeed tempting.
Ritzvxi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2013, 15:22   #100
Senior - BHPian

Great car for the size and money (hopefully). The closeup photos show how neatly things are finished in the Honda. Especially the seats which I find are always good in Hondas.
Thanks for the comprehensive and detailed review as always.
Old 2nd April 2013, 15:24   #101
BHPian

Excellent review that we waited for some time now. There is no doubt that Honda has a "killer" car on its hand to take on Dzire. With the level of service MSIL is known for, Amaze would need to better that if it wants to be a serious player while keeping the cost of maintenance or as we know it from Honda, the cost of ownership low.

For once a C1 sedan can ask Dzire "Kitna deeti hai?"

Between these excellent products, I imagine it would be a "slow death" for the Fiestas, Accents, Indigos et all, since both of them are fantastic overall packages and if the pricing is done right for each variant, especially Diesel ones, we can see a few of the "also rans" getting phased out soon. Amaze brings with it a new optimism for an industry that's struggling badly and I believe that it will bring a new level of competitiveness to the Sedans, which loosing to SUV/MUV brigade lately. Overall a Win-Win situation for the end consumer
Old 2nd April 2013, 15:24   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post
Please go through the review completely.

GTO has clearly written about the poor NVH in Amaze.
My bad.
I though this was the older review where the team had gone to Thailand for testing. I was thinking Honda would have taken the feedback and improved.

Sorry once again.
Old 2nd April 2013, 15:40   #103
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the Amazing Review Rush!! I have one question , Dual Airbags standard across all variants? Or only on the VX? If S MT comes with Airbags and priced reasonably im sure Dzire VDI will take a hit. The middle version sells the most so i hope Honda have done their homework. Overall from the pictures im happy with the space and looks. I would have preferred classier interiors .
Old 2nd April 2013, 15:58   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
One of the best reviews! Only Fortuner review was the one which excited me more.

1. Brio feels rather like a shortcut as far as the ride goes. This is an area where the recent Maruti's have made a strong positive mark. ( Not being into Amaze, but going by Swift VS Brio, I believe Dzire to be better than Amaze ).

3. @GTO : A straight question : Which one rides and handles better : Dzire or Amaze ? And at 100 kmph, which one will overtake effortlessly that fast moving Innova on the highway : Dzire or Amaze ?
This is one thing which all of us on "Typical" Indian potholled road would like to know.
Is Amaze as good as DZire, Etios, Verito etc on patchy roads or is it way down the order?
Old 2nd April 2013, 16:19   #105
Senior - BHPian

Amazing review of the Honda Amaze! . It looks like Honda has finally got the idea of how to stay in competition. The diesel engine was long expected from Honda, but I think the wait was worth it. Though some cost cutting is evident, I feel this car will strike the chord with a lot of buyers; and will sell in decent numbers. It now remains to be seen how well they price it, but from the pictures and review; it looks like the car is going to be really VFM for whatever they charge for it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks