Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2013, 12:33   #1111
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Our Brio when driven with a light foot gives 11 - 12 Kmpl in city & 15+ on the highways. Brio has done 4500 kms+.

I am really surprised by the 25-26 Km/ltr claims of Amaze !
Old 5th June 2013, 12:45   #1112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma_devil View Post
Our Brio when driven with a light foot gives 11 - 12 Kmpl in city & 15+ on the highways. Brio has done 4500 kms+.

Highway FE for your Brio is definetly on the lower side. It should be able to achieve 20kmpl. Maybe you can wait till the next service to check for improvements.
Old 5th June 2013, 13:19   #1113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma_devil View Post

25-26 is for the Diesel Amaze. Brio is running on Petrol right ?

Having said that, Brio should return figures of 16-18 on highways. It very much depends on the driving style.

May be your driving conditions are not allowing you to get better mileage. If you drive on a flat road with 3-4 people max and speeds of 80-90kmph, it has to return better mileage. Driving in hilly terrain also do not help in good mileage due to frequent gear changes.
Old 5th June 2013, 14:02   #1114
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda Car India has hiked prices of all their cars, including the Honda Amaze. The prices of the Amaze have been hiked by about INR 3,000-8,000 depending on the variant. The price hike of the Amaze comes into effect from June 1.

http://indianautosblog.com/2013/06/h...es-hiked-79879
Old 5th June 2013, 14:27   #1115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Honda Car India has hiked prices of all their cars, including the Honda Amaze. The prices of the Amaze have been hiked by about INR 3,000-8,000 depending on the variant. The price hike of the Amaze comes into effect from June 1.

http://indianautosblog.com/2013/06/h...es-hiked-79879
This was expected thanks to the interest shown in Amaze. Every manufacturer does it so that in future when demand dips, they can offer discounts.
Old 5th June 2013, 15:11   #1116
BHPian

Bare bones Verito Vibe launched at Rs 5.63 lakhs.

Amaze seems such a VFM buy . Amaze offers so much more over vibe for 40k
-Powerful and FE Engine
-A proper sedan with good looks
-ABS
-Space
-Power Windows etc

In one word Amazing..

Last edited by sunilg33 : 5th June 2013 at 15:13.
Old 5th June 2013, 16:52   #1117
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilg33 View Post
Bare bones Verito Vibe launched at Rs 5.63 lakhs.

Amaze seems such a VFM buy . Amaze offers so much more over vibe for 40k
-Powerful and FE Engine
-A proper sedan with good looks
-ABS
-Space
-Power Windows etc

In one word Amazing..
The Amaze does not even come close to the Verito in the department of space. The K9K is amongst the most rugged and maintenance free diesels in India today (ask any Logan Taxi guy for that). The Verito size and ride quality is something the Amaze cannot match either. In the looks dept, in my opinion, the Verito's C pillar area looks like a school child drew it, its otherwise OK looking.

As far as FE goes, practical figures achieved on the Amaze by owners quoted above is SHOCKING not Amazing ! The Verito is known to deliver 17-19 kpl in city conditions (verified in Delhi and Bangalore).
Old 5th June 2013, 17:18   #1118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifebuoy View Post
The Amaze does not even come close to the Verito in the department of space. The K9K is amongst the most rugged and maintenance free diesels in India today (ask any Logan Taxi guy for that). The Verito size and ride quality is something the Amaze cannot match either. In the looks dept, in my opinion, the Verito's C pillar area looks like a school child drew it, its otherwise OK looking.

As far as FE goes, practical figures achieved on the Amaze by owners quoted above is SHOCKING not Amazing ! The Verito is known to deliver 17-19 kpl in city conditions (verified in Delhi and Bangalore).
I am not talking about Verito but Vibe.
Vibe has 330 Litre boot which is pretty unusable because of its weird design.
I agree that amaze Engine is yet to prove itself, going by the specifications Vibe is no match for Amaze.
Old 5th June 2013, 17:36   #1119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

You have answered the question yourself as to who will find Vibe better than Amaze. Its the taxi guy. Proven engine, huge space inside, awesome FE figures and a bigger boot than Indica/Liva.

This is going to be perfect choice for city taxi which is mostly Indica today.
Old 5th June 2013, 20:34   #1120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The Amaze does not even come close to the Verito in the department of space.

The Amaze gave me 17kpl in city driving with AC on most of the times. Also , from what I hear , it couldn't go below this number as Shell diesel which I had used earlier is known to give lower FE numbers.

I don't find anything shocking in this. For anybody who finds 17kpl in city as shocking , my recommendation is to look at the Bajaj Discover. They claim 100 kpl from it.
speedsatya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2013, 20:36   #1121
Senior - BHPian

Completely agree with you speedsatya!!

17 KMPL in city with AC is amazing. Thats 3 Rs per km!!

A Royal enfield is costlier to run!!!
Old 6th June 2013, 15:36   #1122
BHPian

Quote:

verito is delivering 17-19kmpl in city with a 67bhp engine which has been tried and tested. amaze on the other hand has a completely new engine which is still new to the market and is already giving 17-18kmpl in city driving with a/c on 100% with 100 bhp of power! it still has potential to go even higher.
Old 6th June 2013, 16:28   #1123
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
The Amaze gave me 17kpl in city driving with AC on most of the times.

I don't find anything shocking in this. For anybody who finds 17kpl in city as shocking , my recommendation is to look at the Bajaj Discover. They claim 100 kpl from it.
17 kpl with A/C ON ALL THE TIME in Delhi Summer is what my humble Indigo eCS returns with some very spirited driving and in bumper to bumper traffic. What I meant is that the same figures for the much touted all aluminium 25.8 kpl by Honda is no great shakes. Similar figures for the Verito were quoted as it has a similar capacity, the CR4 is a 1396 cc engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
Completely agree with you speedsatya!!

17 KMPL in city with AC is amazing. Thats 3 Rs per km!!

A Royal enfield is costlier to run!!!
Most CRDi engines of today deliver this kind of kpl. 17 KPL with A/C is NOTHING amazing !

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmob View Post
verito is delivering 17-19kmpl in city with a 67bhp engine which has been tried and tested. amaze on the other hand has a completely new engine which is still new to the market and is already giving 17-18kmpl in city driving with a/c on 100% with 100 bhp of power! it still has potential to go even higher.
A proven engine and one with potential to go are miles apart, if you know what i mean, in terms of time and testing (by OEM and customer). Look at the reviews and owner perceptions on driveability in city, space available and robustness along with ride quality, do not only go merely by paper figures is my two cents on the issue.
Old 6th June 2013, 16:36   #1124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motored Mindset View Post
The most accurate way to calculate fuel economy is to fill a tankful of fuel and reset the trip meter before driving out of the fuel station. After driving a good distance, say more than half tankful, top the tank upto the cutoff again. Now take the distance you have driven on the trip meter and divide it by the amount of diesel you just filled. You get the vehicle's mileage in km/l. This old school method hands-down beats trusting a digital mileage readout which are sometimes very optimistic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Even here you will find error of about 1litre quite common. So look across a few tankfuls. It is not easy to always use the same bunk AND the same attendant.
Thank you. I agree that this would be a more accurate method to measure FE. I was however trying to guess how the digital average gets worked out.

Even for the tankful to tankful method, there are a few factors which would tend to create inaccuracies. One of them - I don't know if others have experienced this - is that I am not sure when the tank is full. That's because in one BPCL petrol pump I frequent, the pump gets a 'tank ful' indication and stops automatically. In another (IOC) petrol pump, I have observed that the attendants are able to pump in a lot more litres of petrol as compared to the earlier petrol pump. The attendant here goes on even after the indication. Hence I am not sure of the absolute "full" level for my car!
Old 6th June 2013, 16:44   #1125
BHPian

Quote:
Most CRDi engines of today deliver this kind of kpl. 17 KPL with A/C is NOTHING amazing !
Please give few examples of CRDI's with similar power ratings giving 17KMPL with AC even before the first 1000 Kms

I have driven Indigo extensively, logan a bit and test driven amaze. Amaze easily was the most powerful of the three although noisier.
My comparison was purely with Vibe and I still feel Amaze beats Vibe hands down in most of the departments.

Last edited by sunilg33 : 6th June 2013 at 16:46.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks