Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2013, 19:35   #1201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post

The seat height adjustment is good in Amaze and as per Honda, the range is much more than Dzire, around 200 mm more (do not remember the exact mm). I am 6' 2" tall and could easily find a comfortable seat height with adequate leg room in Amaze.
Thats alright. But my point is regarding the standard driving position of both the cars.
Amaze is more low slung while dzire is actually a taller car. So you sit higher in case of Dzire both in front as well as rear.
Turbokick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2013, 19:51   #1202
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
Yes . Its is 28 K INR I might transfer the NCB (60%) from my Zen into this when I renew next year .
The reason I asked was that I paid (towards Honda Assure) Rs 18k for the insurance + Rs 4k for the zero dep - mine is S MT (P). Another member said he didn't go in for Honda Assure so he paid Rs 18k for insurance+zero dep+windshield protection.
Old 20th June 2013, 10:13   #1203
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
The seat height adjustment is good in Amaze and as per Honda, the range is much more than Dzire, around 200 mm more (do not remember the exact mm). I am 6' 2" tall and could easily find a comfortable seat height with adequate leg room in Amaze.
200mm more than DZire? Thats 20 cms! Are you sure?

And I think the seat height is more of a boon for the shorter people. We giraffes (I'm 6'3" ) can find a sufficiently good position easily in most cars. In general in the cars that don't have seat height adjust, the seats are low-set anyway which is good enough for us & our knees.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2013, 10:23   #1204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
200mm more than DZire? Thats 20 cms! Are you sure?
That is a typo. What I meant was 20mm.
Old 20th June 2013, 10:31   #1205
Senior - BHPian

Considering we've got two Honda dealers here in Ahmedabad, I see a lot of Amaze's on Ahmedabad roads now - pretty much one every day. A new one without plates. Mostly whites and maroons.

BTW, does anyone think the Amaze's taillights resemble a bit like the previous gen Laura? Not the design. The whole assembly gets blur-ish red when the brakes are applied just as it did on the Laura. Looks pretty neat in the dark.
Old 21st June 2013, 13:15   #1206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
Yes . Its is 28 K INR I might transfer the NCB (60%) from my Zen into this when I renew next year .
You can do it during the year itself ,Insurance company will refund the excess amount. In fact doing it this year is the best option as you get maximum benefit. You need to get NCB certificate from previous company and also provide proof of sale to your insurance provider.
Old 21st June 2013, 14:39   #1207
Senior - BHPian

So, after posting about not seeing an Amaze on Wednesday afternoon, on my way back home in the evening saw an Amaze (some dark blue/ purple shade).

It was parked outside an accessories shop and probably there was some work happening on it. So far, I have not been able to see it running on the roads, but hopefully I will in the days to come.
Old 22nd June 2013, 09:08   #1208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
So far, I have not been able to see it running on the roads, but hopefully I will in the days to come.
Hard to believe that you have not seen a running Honda Amaze in Pune roads. I normally spot atleast an Amaze on every day in Pimpri Chinchwad area.

Hope you will also spot them very soon.
Old 22nd June 2013, 11:29   #1209
BHPian

I have seen atleast 5 to 7 Amaze running on Bangalore roads by now. Most are either Taffeta white or dark blue. Hope to see more of these in coming months.
Old 27th June 2013, 08:52   #1210
Senior - BHPian

Honda Amaze thread inactive since some time now. Dying interest ?

I think the focus will get shifted to Ecosport now with its brilliant pricing(god knows for how long) Hoping that this will bring down the waiting time for people genuinely waiting for Amaze.
Old 27th June 2013, 08:55   #1211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Honda Amaze thread inactive since some time now. Dying interest ?

I think the focus will get shifted to Ecosport now with its brilliant pricing(god knows for how long) Hoping that this will bring down the waiting time for people genuinely waiting for Amaze.
I know some people who are regretting their decision to buy the Amaze now that the EcoSport has been launched at its excellent price point (for the lower variants).

Anyone here like that?
Old 27th June 2013, 09:08   #1212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleEye View Post
I know some people who are regretting their decision to buy the Amaze now that the EcoSport has been launched at its excellent price point (for the lower variants).

Anyone here like that?
I had booked Amaze D on launch day , delivery scheduled for August . After seeing Ecosport price i might cancel the Amaze D ! The pricing of Ecosport Titanium D is just 1.3 lacs over Amaze VX D , i feel its worth the premium ! Will be deciding in a day or two !
Old 27th June 2013, 10:43   #1213
BHPian

Honda could not handle the production issues itself; imagine the petrol variant booked on 06-April-13 could not be delivered till 24 June. Finally I cancelled and got Dzire off the shelf!! and now Ecosport..with the kind of build quality and driveability that Ford offers...no wonder Ecosport may further dampen the prospects for Amaze..atleast it would be definitely a better option for someone who would like to crossover to an SUV from a Sedan that Amaze is!! I personally am really disappointed with the way Honda handled the bookings and their logistics!
Old 27th June 2013, 10:52   #1214
Senior - BHPian

These posts above should bring the Honda dealerships to their knees. Thanks to the treatment i have received at the dealerships I decided to move Amaze to the bottom of my wishlist.

The attitude was not bad, they were struggling to meet the flood of customers who would not mind booking even without seeing the brochure !!

For more reasonable people like me, I was given a big favor of doing TD of 1-2 kms only on good roads. Not enough to judge any car !!

Hoping to see improvement in their attitude.
Old 27th June 2013, 20:54   #1215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleEye View Post

Anyone here like that?
No Sir, I am very happy with my Amaze . I was rather disappointed with the interior space in the Ecosport when I first saw it and conversely, I am happy with the cabin comfort of the Amaze.

The Ecosport's exterior styling is something I like too, but the current hype is more because SUVs are the flavour of the season, much like how 'trucks' were the in thing in the US till some time ago. There too, most people who went for the oversized monsters (think Dodge Ram) didn't really need one, but went in for one because of maybe the 'throwing your weight around on the road (dadagiri in local lingo )!

I guess I might have ruffled a few feathers here! Apologies!
Top-Gear is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks