Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2013, 18:14   #1246
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
For me , changing the fuel station made a difference . The e-reading was showing 20.7 kpl while the actual figure turned to be 19.2 kpl . This is only city driving of around 42 kms daily out of which around 22 kms in on a toll road . AC usage is only 50% on when I drive to work in the mornings as evenings are cooler .

Also , I maintain 31/35 psi ( F/R) instead of the 29/33 psi recommended by Honda .

Right now , my display is showing 23 kpl as I have been doing early mornings and late night drives in slightly lesser traffic to work . AC usage has been around 30%
Now that's what I call detailed observations . As for the tyre pressure, I remember the recommended for the petrol as 29 psi for both front and rear. Let me check again if I have got it right or not.
Old 8th July 2013, 10:33   #1247
Senior - BHPian

Any latest update on the Waiting period of Amaze ? I think after Eco Sport launch, peoples attention has shifted to other thread.

I know it will be too early to ask for discounts from honda, but have the waiting periods come down at least ? And better attitude towards customer may be
Old 8th July 2013, 14:49   #1248
BHPian

I am planning to Book Amaze SMT Diesel. any info on Waiting period?? I am based out of Hyderabad.
Old 9th July 2013, 10:20   #1249
Senior - BHPian

I Spoke to dealership here in Bangalore and looks like waiting periods have come down now. Apart from the Maroon and Grey shades(he quoted 5 months for them) Rest all colors seem to be available for less than a months wait.
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2013, 11:27   #1250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleEye View Post
I know some people who are regretting their decision to buy the Amaze now that the EcoSport has been launched at its excellent price point (for the lower variants).

Anyone here like that?

No regrets , With all due respect to Ecosport and Duster , They are like sheep in wolf's clothing, I prefer a sheep in sheep's clothes

A proper ladder frame chasis vehicle with more grunt qualifies as SUV in my books.
Old 9th July 2013, 13:55   #1251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
No regrets , With all due respect to Ecosport and Duster , They are like sheep in wolf's clothing, I prefer a sheep in sheep's clothes

A proper ladder frame chasis vehicle with more grunt qualifies as SUV in my books.
Haha, + 1 to that. As long as we buy with the right expectations, we shouldn't have reason to regret.

Off topic, but the Ecosport hasn't really been priced cheaply. The've managed to create the illusion by having a variant very competitively proced, but lacking so many things that few people will go for it. Many would go in to the showroom with that price point in mind, but get lured into buying a higher variant, thinking " after all, it's not every day that I'll buy a car..". Having said that, it's one helluva looker, but then, my Amaze is also a beautiful sedan.
Old 10th July 2013, 06:18   #1252

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
I Spoke to dealership here in Bangalore and looks like waiting periods have come down now. Apart from the Maroon and Grey shades(he quoted 5 months for them) Rest all colors seem to be available for less than a months wait.
Hello, first post on Team-Bhp

I am getting the carnelian red delivered today, waiting period of about 4 weeks, a friend got a black from Solitaire Honda in Mumbai withing a week ! I just think everyone is just being random.
anants_220 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2013, 09:20   #1253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anants_220 View Post

I am getting the carnelian red delivered today, waiting period of about 4 weeks, a friend got a black from Solitaire Honda in Mumbai withing a week ! I just think everyone is just being random.
I booked mine diesel V/MT on 30 June . Expected delivery 26 July . Carnelian Red. Arya Honda , Ballard Pier . Mumbai . Which dealer in mumbai did you book your car from ?
Old 10th July 2013, 10:10   #1254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
Also , I maintain 31/35 psi ( F/R) instead of the 29/33 psi recommended by Honda .
Interesting. On the Swift D, the front tires pressure is more than the rear, to account for the heavier engine. I thought this was the norm with all diesel cars.
But you must be having a bumpy ride with the higher tire pressure? Have you driven the car with lower pressures? Any difference in the ride and handling?
Old 10th July 2013, 10:14   #1255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Welcome to TBHP and Congratulations on your new car. Hoping to see your posts grow as you enjoy your car more and more.

I too feel the Amaze is settling into its territory of 4-5K per month. due to diesel price hikes, suddenly most people have realized they dont really need diesel and petrol would do, may be that is why demand has tapered down.

Red is awesome color, in my case may be the dealer is trying to push other colors because he is having stock
Old 10th July 2013, 10:21   #1256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzyrules View Post

Interesting. On the Swift D, the front tires pressure is more than the rear, to account for the heavier engine. I thought this was the norm with all diesel cars.
But you must be having a bumpy ride with the higher tire pressure? Have you driven the car with lower pressures? Any difference in the ride and handling?
You are right. That was a typo. It's the other way round. It's 35/31 (F/R). The ride isn't isnt an issue as I am keeping just 2 psi more than what's mentioned as OE
Old 10th July 2013, 10:35   #1257

Quote:
Originally Posted by anky View Post
I booked mine diesel V/MT on 30 June . Expected delivery 26 July . Carnelian Red. Arya Honda , Ballard Pier . Mumbai . Which dealer in mumbai did you book your car from ?
That's pretty decent. I booked from the same showroom. Was in touch with mr Vishal and Ms Sunita. I had previously asked for the silver, changed my mind later, also because the,red SMT was already in transit, and i wanted delivery on the 10th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Welcome to TBHP and Congratulations on your new car. Hoping to see your posts grow as you enjoy your car more and more.

I too feel the Amaze is settling into its territory of 4-5K per month. due to diesel price hikes, suddenly most people have realized they dont really need diesel and petrol would do, may be that is why demand has tapered down.

Red is awesome color, in my case may be the dealer is trying to push other colors because he is having stock
Thank you for the warm welcome. I am sure the posts will grow.
I drove a friend's SMT for a few hours and it was great fun, compared to the Baleno that dad had earlier. Next time when I visit him, will drive his new SX4 and compare.
Old 10th July 2013, 10:48   #1258
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Anant, Congrats on your new Car.. Hope your experience is as Amazing !!

Sometimes, if you are lucky then they might have the car in stock matching your color and variant specs. Otherwise there could be a cancellation of allotment after the car is dispatched, in which case you could get car earlier..

Cheers
MKP
mkpiyengar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2013, 11:00   #1259
BANNED

@ozzyrules; There is far more weight in the Front than the rear. Even the Brio has 29 and 26 recommended, even though it is a petrol
Old 10th July 2013, 11:59   #1260

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpiyengar View Post
Hey Anant, Congrats on your new Car.. Hope your experience is as Amazing !!

Sometimes, if you are lucky then they might have the car in stock matching your color and variant specs. Otherwise there could be a cancellation of allotment after the car is dispatched, in which case you could get car earlier..

Cheers
MKP
thank you so much ! Out of all days, today had to be the morning with the most amount of rainfall.

what you said was correct, also I paid 12.5K extra to get the number of my choice.

Most Viewed