Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2013, 19:56   #1291
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
I Spoke to dealership here in Bangalore and looks like waiting periods have come down now. Apart from the Maroon and Grey shades(he quoted 5 months for them) Rest all colors seem to be available for less than a months wait.
Hello rajshenoy,

In which dealership did you enquire about the waiting period? I myself have booked a Honda Amaze Diesel S-MT in Silver color on 29th June, but not a word about updated delivery date till now from the dealer. By the way, I have booked at Magnum Honda, Kanakpura road. Anxiously waiting and getting more and more restless as each day passes, since this is would be my first car
Old 18th July 2013, 21:13   #1292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazer2013 View Post

Hello rajshenoy,

In which dealership did you enquire about the waiting period? I myself have booked a Honda Amaze Diesel S-MT in Silver color on 29th June, but not a word about updated delivery date till now from the dealer. By the way, I have booked at Magnum Honda, Kanakpura road. Anxiously waiting and getting more and more restless as each day passes, since this is would be my first car
Did you pay only booking or the full amount ? I booked vmt diesel on 30 June and full amount i paid this Monday . She said delivery by end of July . I booked carnelian red and I live in Mumbai .
Old 18th July 2013, 22:17   #1293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anky View Post
Did you pay only booking or the full amount ? I booked vmt diesel on 30 June and full amount i paid this Monday . She said delivery by end of July . I booked carnelian red and I live in Mumbai .
I have just paid booking amount. I'll have to go for financing option. BTW, do they give preference to customers who pay full amount upfront? If that is the case, I can do that right away. Dealer had said that red color had the most bookings. If you are able to get red in just 1 month, that's really super...!
Old 19th July 2013, 06:24   #1294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazer2013 View Post

I have just paid booking amount. I'll have to go for financing option. BTW, do they give preference to customers who pay full amount upfront? If that is the case, I can do that right away. Dealer had said that red color had the most bookings. If you are able to get red in just 1 month, that's really super...!
I had spoken to whitefield Honda.
There is long waiting on red and grey. Any other color he said within a month

Which color are you opting for?
Old 19th July 2013, 09:48   #1295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
I had spoken to whitefield Honda.
There is long waiting on red and grey. Any other color he said within a month

Which color are you opting for?
I have booked a Honda Amaze Diesel S-MT in "Silver" color on 29th June. In the "expected delivery date" field in the booking form the SA has written "4 months" but not a word about updated delivery date till now from the dealer. Anxiously waiting and getting more and more restless as each day passes, since this is would be my first car.
I guess I have to sit on the SA's head threatening to cancel the booking and do it somewhere else. By the way, I have booked at Magnum Honda, Kanakpura road.
Old 19th July 2013, 10:50   #1296
BANNED

It seems that Honda underestimated the demand for the Petrol (production mix was too much Diesel oriented) as a result we are almost having longer queues for Petrol than Diesel.
Old 19th July 2013, 11:02   #1297
BHPian

By this time a good number of Honda Amaze have been delivered. What is the update on the service facilities at Honda dealerships? Has anyone felt the difference of Amaze effect?
Old 19th July 2013, 15:26   #1298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
It seems that Honda underestimated the demand for the Petrol (production mix was too much Diesel oriented) as a result we are almost having longer queues for Petrol than Diesel.
I agree. In my view with the prices of diesel and petrol set to at least narrow substantially, if not converge, more people are doing the math of whether it really makes sense for them to plonk the extra money to go for the diesel engine. Hence there might be more number of people going in for petrol, which I guess was not anticipated by Honda.
Old 19th July 2013, 20:29   #1299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Personally , be it performance wise or be it for FE , I somehow like the swift petrol better than the 1.2L Honda petrol. Maybe Honda never expected so many petrol car buyers to line up outside their dealerships to buy the Amaze.
Old 19th July 2013, 22:30   #1300
BHPian

Alloy wheels for Honda Amaze

Hello people,

My new Honda Amaze S-MT diesel is scheduled to be delivered mid next month. I'm already so excited that I have started research on possible accessories for it. Though I'm not new to driving, this would be my first car and I have no experience whatsoever in alloy wheels.
So wheels experts out there, can you please help me out in choosing "reasonable" alloy wheels for my first car?

Requirements:
1. I'm on a very tight budget so not planning on upsizing because I can't afford new tires now.
2. I want the alloys to get highlighted so black colored ones are out of the question. Mine would be a pure family car so I really don't like very sporty black ones. Shiny ones are OK.
3. I just hate the stock alloys of the Amaze. They look outright ugly so buying alloys from honda dealership is not a good idea. However, I love the look of Honda City and Jazz.

Questions that I have in my mind:
1. What are the specifications for the wheel that suits Honda Amaze? I know it is 14", but what is the PCD, width, no. of bolts, offset, etc?
2. Do the alloys from Honda Jazz/City fit the Amaze? If so how much would they cost approximately?
3. Since I'm on a tight budget, I can't go for very expensive brands. I can spend maximum 20K for a set of 5 wheels. With this constraint, what possible options do I have? I have seen some very good alloys on the road from Plati, Lenso, Neo, HR (not HRS but HR written on blue)
4. I have seen some brand called "X2" online. They have good designs and fit the budget very well. How are they? Do you people recommend them?

Please help me out people. I plan to zero-in on the model before my car arrives so that I can just take it out and get it fitted on day-1 itself before showing it to anyone

Mods, I'm totally new to TeamBHP so if I have not started this thread in the correct section, please be kind enough to move it to the appropriate one.
Old 20th July 2013, 09:13   #1301
BANNED

@speedsatya; Somehow the Dzire never impressed me - the booth a an obvious graft. Also, the Maruti petrol engine is no match to the über smooth Honda. Also, maintenance is far cheaper on Honda cars.
Old 20th July 2013, 12:06   #1302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@speedsatya; Somehow the Dzire never impressed me - the booth a an obvious graft. Also, the Maruti petrol engine is no match to the über smooth Honda. Also, maintenance is far cheaper on Honda cars.
If looks were important , both generations of the DZire wouldn't hve sold at all.

Having driven both petrol cars over sometime , I prefer the Swift petrol over the Honda anytime in that price range. Also given the limited number of Honda service centers and the rising petrol costs , not many owners would want to drive 200 + kms one way to service their Honda petrol cars. If we look into these variables , Honda with its current setup of 3-4 dealers in a region , doesn't stand any chance when it comes to selling petrol engined small cars in smaller towns.

The hypothesis might be that diesel owners travel more and hence might be more accommodating in terms of traveling long distances to service their Honda cars.

So , I wouldn't blame Honda for getting their product mix focussing more on Diesel engines.
Old 22nd July 2013, 17:19   #1303
BANNED

@speedsatya; I am comparing two petrol cars. The Amaze D is a lovely car and I may buy one for my daughter-in-law at the end of the year.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2013, 18:17   #1304
BHPian

Quote:
@speedsatya; I am comparing two petrol cars. The Amaze D is a lovely car and I may buy one for my daughter-in-law at the end of the year.
Sir I too think the amaze d is a good idea . I booked mine on 30 June and expect delivery on 25 July . Its the top end diesel vmt idetec . Mumbai . I too saw the swift dzire . Having owned a maruti 800 and alto lxi I know maruti service is not cheap anymore . I liked the interior space and 100 bhp 200 nm torque idetec . So chose it over the swift . Although swift has better interiors I must say .
anky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2013, 11:17   #1305
Senior - BHPian

Have always been getting 20Kpl + in city , today thought will stick to below 1500 rpm in top gear. With the awesome torque and the almost zero turbo lag , I never went below 4th gear. Yeah it wasn't rush hour traffic and got all signals green over 11 kms. Without AC and windows closed

Someone else on the highways , I am sure will get more than this.

I keep 35/31 psi (F/R).

Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-image293481671.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-image3427413925.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-image482298456.jpg  

speedsatya is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed