Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2013, 16:45   #421
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokick View Post

More than price cut I feel Maruti can play the value game.
They need to introduce a VDI/VXI ABS variant with wider tyres.
Some more goodies like Bluetooth connectivity and parking sensors can be made standard across the range instead of cutting the price.

The ZDI/ZXI variant can get the GPS navigation,auto folding mirrors, and rear camera with nominal increase in price maybe.

Maruti has already increased the price of Dzire by 25-30Ks since its launch. They do have the scope for adding goodies and make the car a better value proposition. Look how the sales of Polo and Vento improved after they VW added kit to these two cars.

There is no escaping from 2 more kilometers from 25 more horses with 2 extra suitcases. That too from Honda !

Only relief for Maruti will be the limited production scope for Amaze diesel in the coming time.

And yes the more powerful engines from Ertiga can be introduced as well.
I hope Maruti is listening. They surely need to.
Old 11th April 2013, 16:48   #422
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Can any humble soul please tell me the prices in Punjab. The dealer's phone is not available.
Old 11th April 2013, 17:03   #423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFF-EIGHT-BEE View Post
Can any humble soul please tell me the prices in Punjab. The dealer's phone is not available.
http://www.prestigehonda.com/contact.html

Here you go, you can contact them on these numbers.

Waseem.
SILVERWOOD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2013, 17:11   #424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Nice pricing.

OTR would be somewhere around 7 lacs for the base diesel in Bangalore, not bad considering base model has ABS and power windows as standard.
Mixed reaction already in this forum

Honda has played very smart i feel by offering abs right from the base variant since these make up for majority of sales

Even mid trim looks decent too. It is the vx which is looking overpriced. Forget dzire it looks overpriced compared to even its own s variant

Those looking for air bags will be feeling sad but the majority would be happy that they can get a Honda and with abs for a price of dzire
Old 11th April 2013, 17:12   #425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Here you go, you can contact them on these numbers.

Waseem.
Thank you for your effort Sir but like I said before their number are not available and that particular number mentioned in site are invalid(for Patiala).

Last edited by EFF-EIGHT-BEE : 11th April 2013 at 17:13.
Old 11th April 2013, 17:27   #426
e2p
BHPian

Good job Honda. Safety first.

This will set the maruti guys seriously think about putting ABS into all models of Dzire. Nice package overall from Honda. Now the next thing to look upon is the ownership reviews. I heard that Amaze will be delivered within short period for purchases upright.
Old 11th April 2013, 17:30   #427
BHPian

Here is the official price for the launch.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/b...w/19491425.cms

It is competitive and could take the sheen out of DZire.
Old 11th April 2013, 17:37   #428
BHPian

Can anybody please compare the petrol engines of Amaze (1.2l SOHC-iVTEC) with that of Dzire (1.2l K-series VVT)?
Old 11th April 2013, 17:49   #429
Senior - BHPian

Very good pricing by Honda for the diesel variants, I must say. The bottom two variants would be the biggest blockbusters I feel. They have most of the features that people want, and at a great price point too.

IMO this will take the fight on to dzire. Better rear space, better boot space, higher mileage, much more powerful engine, better driveability and more features (base variants)including ABS at similar/lower price. I guess honda has played very smartly. They must have realised that major sales of Dzire come from base and mid variants. Accordingly they priced amaze bang on target and gave more equipment.

However I am disappointed at the absence of Airbags in all variants except the top. Plus the step motherly treatment of Petrol. Apart from these two blemishes, I suppose this Honda launch has hit the target to the T.

Last edited by vibbs : 11th April 2013 at 17:51.
Old 11th April 2013, 17:50   #430
Senior - BHPian

Good pricing for the base diesel but all the other models are pretty overpriced for what they offer especially in Delhi, where if the car costs more than 6 Lakhs the road tax doubles from 4% to 8%. Keeping this is mind the OTR price difference between the S and the E model would be a staggering 1 lakh for not many equipment.
Even without the road tax, 68k extra over the E variant hardly gives you anything.
What I also appreciate is that ABS and EBD are standard across variants for diesel.

Last edited by extreme_torque : 11th April 2013 at 17:51.
Old 11th April 2013, 17:54   #431
BHPian

Hi team bhpians.. Just came back from a test drive of honda amaze vx i-dtec 1.5L earth dreams. I am an owner of 2.5 year old swift vdi(abs). Amaze vx i-dtec did not cheat my expectations. Engine:- clean and free reve happy, silent, linear torque delivery. Comfort:- Gorgeous rear leg room, fair rear head room, decent front seat comfort, broomstick gear shift leavers, decent ac @ chennai @ 3pm (no automatic climate control even on top end), decent braking (not as good as my swift vdi abs) and decent suspension, comparitively lighter clutch than old swift vdi. Features offered are great but poor audio (atleast for audio loving heads like me). MID missiging but you get to see the avg fuel consumption. Interior plastic quality is good, not great as expected to prove honda's quality. Acceptable dashboard design and quality. Onroad price of vx i-dtec is expected to 9.7L @ Capital honda - chennai - Tamil Nadu. Tomorrow we will get the official onroad prices on chennai.

The drive - Revs happily and 3k rpm is more silent than 2.3k - 2.5k of old swift vdi. I honestly miss the turbo kick that makes miraculous take offs after 2k rpm. Linear pull and low end torque delivery is good making city driving easy and leaving us behind with an awesome milage. Though on papers it reads 1.5L 100 PS 200 NM, it realy did not make me excited but did what it is supposed to do. Capital honda - chennai quots 23kmpl on city with decent driving style but cannot belive that and at the same time cannot refuse that before seeing real time figures. Highway drive will for sure be a fun but I honestly miss the fun-to-drive (thrill factor) which i get on my swift. NHV level controled pretty good.

I would rate 4 out of 5 starts. Here are few pics that I managed to take. Kindly excuse for the poor photo quality. (Yes, that white beauty you see is mine.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-dsc_08151.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-dsc_08161.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-dsc_08171.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-dsc_08181.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-dsc_08191.jpg  

satish_tns is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th April 2013, 17:59   #432
Senior - BHPian

Had a look at the Amaze at the local dealership here in Meerut.

Well proportioned rear
Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-honda-amaze_1.jpg

Adequate boot space
Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-honda-amaze_4.jpg

The earth dream diesel motor
Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-honda-amaze_2.jpg

Good interiors
Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-honda-amaze_3.jpg

Overall a value package for the entry level sedan market. Get prepared for around 7~10000 sales figure every month for this offering by Honda.

Honda revival coming...
Old 11th April 2013, 18:03   #433
BHPian

Finally took the plunge and booked amaze idtec EX white delivery will happen in 2 weeks time
Old 11th April 2013, 18:05   #434
Senior - BHPian

I believe S model suits my requirements the best.
Somehow i am not able to justify 1lac difference with the VX.

BTW does anyone know when will the test drive and delivery of vehicle starts?
Old 11th April 2013, 18:10   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
I believe S model suits my requirements the best.
Somehow i am not able to justify 1lac difference with the VX.

BTW does anyone know when will the test drive and delivery of vehicle starts?
I visited Honda Chandigarh and they have already started delivering the vehicles based on priority list.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks