re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
I don't think Verna ever had it.
My bad, I meant the Accent.

Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-accent_rear_wiper.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinfreak View Post
25 hp more, no turbo lag, 2.4 kmpl more, 86 L more boot space, renowned Honda reliability, low maintenance, as much space as City, strikingly stylish & proportional, ABS with EBD, Seat Height Adjuster, rear armrest with cupholder... and same price as DZire VDi... I think those who're wishing for more from S i-DTEC, are just waiting for the moon to come down on the earth. Sorry, but thiagust, unrealistic expectations. If specs were par, then i'd have wished for better dash & audio HU! But as of now, I just hope this introductory pricing remains stable for 2 months.
+1. It's a killer pricing. No 2 thoughts about it. The initial buyers can consider themselves lucky to be buying this car at this price. Prices will surely go up within a few months.

Last edited by amalji : 13th April 2013 at 08:14.
Old 13th April 2013, 08:29   #542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
Rear wiper on a sedan? Last one I saw was on old Verna. Today's sedans don't have this as an option. Dzire, Verna, Etios, verito, city, sunny, rapid all come without rear wipers. Correct me if I'm wrong.
The erstwhile Skoda Octavia also had it.
Old 13th April 2013, 08:51   #543
Senior - BHPian

The pricing is very good. And top marks for Honda for equipping all Diesel variants with ABS & EBD. Now, they are only limited by the production constraints.

OT: Hatchbacks and Notchbacks have rear wipe. I haven't seen rear wiper on a 3 box sedan. The Accent Viva and Octavia were both notchbacks.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2013, 09:23   #544
Senior - BHPian

Interesting

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/19520483.cms

Quote:
A day after Honda Motor introduced its much-awaited compact sedan Amaze, India's largest carmaker Maruti Suzuki hit back with Regal, a new variant of its fast-selling Dzire.

The limited edition 'Regal' variant is priced at Rs 5.60 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi), and is available only in petrol. People close to the development said the car will hit the showroom in the next few days.
Old 13th April 2013, 09:26   #545
BHPian

Maruti Suzuki is response to Honda Amaze - A limited edition veriant of Dzire labelled as Dzire Regal. The Regal variant is available in Serene blue shade and some additional goodies.

To name some - leather upholstery, advanced music system, rear parking sensor, body-coloured electronically adjustable ORVMs (outside rear view mirror) with a silver coloured front grill.

More details on Economic Times

Last edited by MaxTorque : 13th April 2013 at 09:27. Reason: Link Corrected
MaxTorque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2013, 09:38   #546
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My bad, I meant the Accent.

Attachment 1072831
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFF-EIGHT-BEE View Post
Point to be noted is, both the Hyundai Accent Viva and the Skoda Octavia were 'notchbacks' and their rear trunk lids open along with the rear backlite glass, like in a hatch. I have not seen wipers on a proper sedan till now.
aravind.anand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th April 2013, 09:51   #547
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Point to be noted is, both the Hyundai Accent Viva and the Skoda Octavia were 'notchbacks' and their rear trunk lids open along with the rear backlite glass, like in a hatch. I have not seen wipers on a proper sedan till now.
Thanks for that info, bro.
I was wondering why rear wipers couldn't be incorporated on a sedan ( because that's indeed a useful feature. )
Now, I understand why. It would be really difficult to open the boot without hitting the wiper on a normal sedan. But, on a notchback, this is not a factor at all.
amalji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2013, 11:01   #548
BHPian

Diesel On-road prices at Kochi:

E - 7.26L
EX - 7.53L
S - 7.9L
VX - 8.95L

Delivery period - 3 months
MalluDude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2013, 11:16   #549

But Honda Amaze again seems like a regular patch up job to convert a hatch into a sedan. Indian roads are missing good looking entry level sedans with aggressive styling. It remain basic all throughout. If we compare interior and exterior styling with 120 it seems dull in a lot of areas. And that goes for all in the stable [Dzire, Sail, Etios and so on].

I have personally observed a lot of customers initially plying on a sedan but end up on a high end hatch.

Hyundai should come up with a entry level sedan replacing the dated accent.But considering the volumes the dated saloon is garnering it looks distant.
Old 13th April 2013, 11:31   #550
Senior - BHPian

Just called up Cosmic Honda, Cochin. They told that test drive vehicle will take another 1 month to arrive!
Reason given - There are already 30 bookings in Cochin showroom, and they have only 15 vehicles in hand. They will be delivering these 15 vehicles soon.
Not even showing the courtesy to have a test drive vehicle in Kochi is bad from Honda's side. The sales person sounded least interested in trying to sell the car as well. . Probably because of the fact that they know that this car will sell without even a test drive or trying to please the customer!

Last edited by amalji : 13th April 2013 at 11:34.
Old 13th April 2013, 12:00   #551
Max
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
the previous person to to a TD had hit the car somewhere and the lower left corner of the bumper had got a dent and cracked (poor fellow)
Was he charged anything for this? Please update as it will help others about how to deal with this situation.
Old 13th April 2013, 12:03   #552
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Was he charged anything for this? Please update as it will help others about how to deal with this situation.
They wouldn't charge anything for it. When I took the test drive for Etios facelift, I saw another Etios test drive vehicle scratched by a customer. They were of course upset as it was the first day. We could read it from everyone's face. But, no, they did not charge anything. This should be a common code followed by all dealers.

Regardless, be extra careful when doing the test drives. We don't want to cause pain for anyone, right
Old 13th April 2013, 12:04   #553
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFF-EIGHT-BEE View Post
The Accent Viva, Octavia and the Laura are hatchback / notchback designed to look like sedans. - The dickey lid goes up with the rear glass.

The Octavia II (Laura) does not have the wiper though. It is badly missed on it though.

The Hatch back with wipers tend to have glass that slopes to a greater extent and hence requires a wiper vs the more vertical glass of sedans - though this is not a rule and a sedan too can do with a wiper. But here again it is not possible with a single wiper if the glass curves towards the sides too much.

Last edited by ACM : 13th April 2013 at 12:07.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2013, 12:06   #554
Max
BHPian

Quote:
But, no, they did not charge anything. This should be a common code followed by all dealers.

Regardless, be extra careful when doing the test drives. We don't want to cause pain for anyone, right
That is very good to know. No wonder why Honda sells in large numbers and people trust honda brand blindly.

I am sure honda amaze is going to be team-bhp car of the year for 2013.

Last edited by Max : 13th April 2013 at 12:07.
Old 13th April 2013, 12:36   #555
BHPian

After Effects:

http://www.cardekho.com/india-car-ne...lakh-10138.htm

customer is surely king

Most Viewed