Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2013, 21:03   #601
BHPian

And Honda snooty arrogance is back. They're forcing upto 15000 to 20000 worth of useless antirust Teflon coating and seat covers, and backup sensors, and what not. All accessories at MRP.

This is at Ring Road Honda Motinagar. Services offered are great, but the deal offered is aweful. "Take it or leave it. Others are in line for the car Sir! "

Are you listening Honda? This kind of arrogance is something not warranted of a brand like Honda!

Anybody else facing such behavior? I think I'll make a written complaint to the company Top Management

Last edited by spinfreak : 14th April 2013 at 21:11.
Old 14th April 2013, 21:24   #602
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Hi,
Anyone checked out cellphone/ gps reception in the Amaze.

Regards
Sutripta
Old 14th April 2013, 21:31   #603
Team-BHP Support

Re: Honda Amaze Diesel E variant or Petrol S variant?

Is money the only criteria for selection - or do you have others like fuel type, necessity for features etc.?

If the 6 lakh ceiling is the reason for the confusion, can you pay anything above 6 lakhs from your pocket? Most companies allow that.

If that ain't possible, maybe you could share what you'll use the car for, the daily driving etc. so that members could suggest what'd be a better choice.
Old 14th April 2013, 21:52   #604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinfreak View Post
And Honda snooty arrogance is back. They're forcing upto 15000 to 20000 worth of useless antirust Teflon coating and seat covers, and backup sensors, and what not. All accessories at MRP.

This is at Ring Road Honda Motinagar. Services offered are great, but the deal offered is aweful. "Take it or leave it. Others are in line for the car Sir! "

Are you listening Honda? This kind of arrogance is something not warranted of a brand like Honda!

Anybody else facing such behavior? I think I'll make a written complaint to the company Top Management
I did notice thus when I went for a TD yesterday with a few other SAs. Most of them are under the assumption that we walk in without doing any homework. My SA was very polite inspite of need asking for any possible discounts or corporate offers.
Old 14th April 2013, 21:54   #605
Senior - BHPian

Rakshith, Would request you pls mention how much will be your monthly usage. As per most reviews the diesel is the pick of the lot . Regarding features of E Version let me tell you that it is better equipped than Dzire LDI and infact even Dzire LDI comes without wheel cap.

If your running is 1200km/pm + then go for the E ( since its within your budget) and buy better rubber + alloys + ICE
Old 14th April 2013, 22:01   #606
Distinguished - BHPian

I am guessing your company will reimburse your fuel bills as well. If refinement is top on your list then the petrol Amaze its got to be. The 1.5 L Honda diesel is supposed to be quite loud and audible. If perforamnce is what you're after and you like to drive fast, then you are better off going for the diesel.

I don't understand why Honda has reserved the ABS and EBD for only the diesel variants! ABS is a must have these days if you ask me. If your only concern is the steel wheels, you can always get it painted black and get the plastic wheel covers from the dealer. Won't cost you much. Better still, get aftermarket alloys.
Old 14th April 2013, 22:02   #607
BHPian

Go for the Honda Amaze E with the i-dtec engine.

Put in a nice ICE setup and get some good looking alloys, also you can get the door handles and the ORVM's painted in body color at the dealership itself.

ABS+EBD is any day more important than a HU+Wheel caps etc. You might regret not having a HU at first but that can easily be fitted for as little as 5k however safety features such as Abs and Ebd are priceless.

Hope you make the right choice.
Old 14th April 2013, 22:30   #608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
Hi,
Anyone checked out cellphone/ gps reception in the Amaze.

Regards
Sutripta
Is there a need to check this out ? Does it vary with the car?
Or do you ask because of the special heat reduction windshield ??
Old 14th April 2013, 22:50   #609
BHPian

Quote:

Please write to Honda management and escalate this. I am sure Honda will respond positively to your issue.

Thanks, Prakash.
Old 14th April 2013, 23:24   #610
BHPian

Quote:
And Honda snooty arrogance is back. They're forcing upto 15000 to 20000 worth of useless antirust Teflon coating and seat covers, and backup sensors, and what not.
This is disgusting to say the least.

The quickest resolution, is to go to another Honda dealer in your city and at the outset tell them you are here because you were disappointed with the attitude of the Motinagar dealership, and are looking for a no-nonsense purchase. If they agree to the same, go right ahead and book the car and its Motinagar dealership's loss. Immediately, send an email to the GM of the Motinagar dealership with the link to this thread, CC'ing the SA you interacted with if possible (they usually give their email id and phone number). A quick websearch says their email address is crm_mn@rrhonda.com

If the dealerships have formed some type of cartel where they are all forcing accessories onto a customer, then escalate it to Honda customer care on their website, be sure to name the dealer(s) and the SA(s) you dealt with in the complaint. You should receive a swift response from them.

Last edited by Motored Mindset : 14th April 2013 at 23:32. Reason: Adding contact details for RR Honda
Motored Mindset is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2013, 23:57   #611
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Its the same story always regardless of the car maker or dealer. Happens at Msil, Toyota, Hyundai etc. You should have seen the same dealer's attitude when I went to check the city an year back. They were ready to do anything to take my booking.

What about the accessories? Are they making it compulsory to buy? They can't possibly do that right? You just need to be firm. I am sure Honda will help you with that at least. Not sure if they can do much about dealer arrogance and bad Customer experience you had.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2013, 00:43   #612
Senior - BHPian

My only fear is these waiting period will do nothing but just give them scope to jack up the prices. And yes they will do it make no mistake. Figo was launched at a price of 3.49 - 5.29 Lakh (ex-Delhi). Today the top end is around 6L.
Duster was launched at 7.19 - 11.29 Lakhs (ex-Delhi). Today it is 7.8- 11.99. That is approx 70K hike.

Those who have driven the amaze, how is the engine compared to the 1.5L unit from Fiesta or the 1.5L unit from Sunny.

Is there any chance of seeing this engine in brio?

Last edited by oxyzen : 15th April 2013 at 00:45.
Old 15th April 2013, 02:00   #613

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post

Is there any chance of seeing this engine in brio?
As of now Honda doesn't have any plans to launch a Brio Diesel according to Hironori Kanayama, President and CEO of Honda Cars India . Yes earlier Brio was tested in India with a diesel engine but it was scraped off due to NVH issues. The next car that will be launched by Honda is the next generation Honda Jazz with a diesel mill in early 2014, soon followed by the next generation Honda City.

I am providing the link to cardekho which has managed to ask Kanayama a few questions on Amaze and what Hondas plans for the future. Question no 7 answers your query.

http://www.cardekho.com/india-car-ne...maze-10126.htm
Old 15th April 2013, 09:01   #614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmatic View Post
Just had the TD of Amaze VXAT, excellent car, although ride did feel a bit stiff but definitely better than Brio.
Is this car equipped with paddle shift? or it is just an AT without any manual override?
Old 15th April 2013, 09:09   #615
Senior - BHPian

First - RR Honda is generally not nice to customers, my friend bought Brio Automatic from them a week after it was launched and the behaviour of Motinagar Outlet was exact replica of what has been reported in the forum.

Having said that their is an option to reach out to Honda for the behaviour of their dealers, will this not have any impact on the car delivered to you - say in terms of delays to start with?

I would endorse the idea of moving to an alternate dealer, wherein you don't need to deal with such dealer atleast.

No discounts is an accepted norm on almost every new launch but pathatic behaviour is something that should never be accepted by customers. Good product (if it is proven) is not made by them but by Honda and they have no right to treat customers badly. I shifted my Verna Purchase decision from regular dealer to Hyundai Motor Plaza just for the sake of banchmark service. Less discounts but a no-nonsence treatment.

Last edited by i74js : 15th April 2013 at 09:12.

Most Viewed